Regula Magistri 2

Regula Magistri 2

Regula Magistri is a mind-control "Haremocracy" mod for Crusader Kings 3.

Overview

This is a continuation of the mod Regula Magistri by bobbily plus others included in the credits file.

Regula Magistri is a mind-control "Haremocracy" mod for Crusader Kings 3. The mod creates a number of traits, events, schemes and interactions which the Player can use upon gaining the power of the Regula Magistri book.

The intent of this mod is to create a state headed by a single (male) ruler (the Player) alongside his harem of female vassal wives/concubines.

Old Thread - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/205473-mod-regula-magistri-2/

Main Features
How to start

• Start the Regula Magistri religion by finding the book from a travelling peddler.
  • Read the book to begin your ascension to the Magister
  • Begin your Harem by showing the book to your female vassals, you must have two of your most powerful female vassals under the spell of the book to Free the Keeper of Souls.
  • Once the Keeper of Souls is freed, your Realm will convert to Regula Magistri and you will gain access to your powers.

Do not use the character creator to start with the Regula Magistri religion or convert to the religion in-game (through any other method aside "Free the Keeper of Souls" decision).
This will disrupt the mod initialization.

Using the Regula culture during character creation is fine, you don't have to use it but I consider it a "quickstart" culture that fits the religion.

Regula Magistri

• The Regula Magistri religion has two custom tenents linked to the Magister and his harem. The Magister can have an unlimited number of wives, and can dominated his wives to turn them into his Paleax/Domina, each one boosting the income and development of the Magisters realm.
  • The holy sites of the religion each unlock a special feature, such as empowering certain character interactions, adjusting the sex of newborns and increasing the stats of the faithful.
  • The Magister can use special powers such as:
    • Fascinare: Charm a female character into a Mulsa. Charmed characters are very loyal and get extra stats. Charmed characters also have a number of schemes that can be used to make them reveal secrets, take over their husbands titles or cause disruption in foreign courts.
    • Domitans Tribunal: Turns a landed Mulsa (County title or higher) into a Paelax, Gives a bonus Mutra Corpus interaction as well.
    • Mutare Corpus: Improve a charmed female character, boosting their mental, physical or sexual attributes. This will heal wounds, increase congenital traits and also sometimes give other beneficial traits. The power/effects of Mutare Corpus depends on your Piety level.
  • Creates a number of new wars linked to the enslavement of other rulers. Free female rulers can be dominated, while those already charmed can be stolen from their rightful liege or allowed to break their former bonds of fealty through a custom faction, Servitude.
  • Creates two new gender succession laws, Hereditas Magistri and Hereditas Compedita. The Players's titles pass to their male offspring, while those of their vassals pass to female offspring. All Player vassals will adopt Hereditas Compedita on a quarterly basis.

Requirements
Carnalitas is needed for this mod to function.

CBO (Character Body Overhaul) is a soft requirement which allows the "Lewd" clothing option to be enabled.

Cheri - Lewd COAs is used for Regula Coat of Arms generation for the Magistri custom culture. Can be disabled via a game rule to use vanilla Coat of arms for the Magistri culture instead.

No Death Cascade is highly recommended not but essential. As you will end up having large factions this mod helps by reducing the "death cascade" when members of your family pass away. I use the mourning period of two years option.

Incompatibilities
Compatible with Royal Court.

This mod may conflict with any mod that overwrites or replaces the following files:

• 02_genes_accessories_misc
  • adultery_events
  • hair_palette.dds
  • skin_palette.dds
  • story_cycle_infidelity_confrontation

Triggers: 

• might_cheat_on_partner_trigger
  • can_set_relation_lover_trigger
  • valid_demand_conversion_conditions_trigger

Downloads/Installation

You can download the full source at the GitGud Repo
A Zipped version of the mod will be available on LoversLab (In this thread!).

Unzip into your /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod folder. 
Add "Regula Magistri" to your mod playset, after Carnalitas.

Tips and Tricks

Freeing the Keeper of Souls

Remember, to start you require two spellbound female "powerful" vassals that are landed with a county title or higher.

Once a female character is spellbound (You've shown the book to them) you can give them titles through a special interaction, regardless of your current faith/culture laws.
Ideally, this would be your wife and another female vassal, which would then give you a Domina and Paelax after freeing the Keeper of Souls.

If you have a large realm, you can change the succession of your male vassals to female only, or charm their wife and get her to force their husband to abdicate through an interaction.

Surviving as a new religion

Under normal game conditions, most faiths (especially Christian and Islam) will hate you for your Faith! This will make it hard for you to survive as a vassal (Your liege can revoke your titles) or as an independent realm (other nations will declare holy wars on you). Focus on charming the women of nearby realms as fast as possible, ideally charming your liege and nearby states to act as "buffer zones".

Before freeing the Keeper of Souls, get yourself prepared for war through gold and a solid army. It will make it much less riskier for you to be quickly attacked by a hostile realm.

You can modify religious tolerance through the game rules to make your start much easier, but where's the fun in that? :wink:

Known Issues
Can be found in the file ISSUES.MD
Or on GitGud, here https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/issues

New Ideas/Features

Feel free to post them in the thread, my current list can be found in the TODO.md
Or on GitGud, here https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/issues

Contributing
If you are interested in contributing, please get in touch here or at the GitGud Repo. Assistance with art or event dialogue (including translations) would be greatly appreciated.

You can contribute with Issues/Pull Requests at GitGud Repo

Changelog

Can be found in the topic, On this page,
Earlier changelogs can be found on GitGud, here https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri/-/releases
You can also find the changelog in the mod files itself, called CHANGELOG.md

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/06/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Carnalitas (Essential), Cheri Lewd COAs (optional), CBO (optional), No Death Cascade (optional)

Edited by ban10
Fix changelog locations

I love this mod, but I found a bug. 
Currently, if you start from selecting Britain isles as the holy site, the warmonger option isn't available and the third option completely break the ui and the religion tenant.

Also a quick question, is it safe to reform the religion if you want to change some the setting like make witch acceptable? or will it break the mod if I do reform it?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

7 hours ago, kalkan042 said:

thank you 
am really like your mod :)

Thanks!

6 hours ago, MorrenRiter said:

Not sure if you mentioned this somewhere else but is there any way to convert to the custom culture after character creator?

No, its not really needed as the two important cultural tenents get added to your culture when you free the keeper of souls and adopt famuli martial culture.
Its just there if you want to start as a culture that I think would fit the Magister, plus lewd COAs!
Though someone did suggest earlier that certain characters, eg the "offering" from the orgy offering event should have the Magistri culture so that you can revive it.
I'll look into adding that.

4 hours ago, bos4523 said:

I love this mod, but I found a bug. 
Currently, if you start from selecting Britain isles as the holy site, the warmonger option isn't available and the third option completely break the ui and the religion tenant.

Also a quick question, is it safe to reform the religion if you want to change some the setting like make witch acceptable? or will it break the mod if I do reform it?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Each set of holy sites is supposed to have its own religous tenent choices, though I'll take a look if its broken
Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure if you can reform the religion, as I think there are some bits of code that are hardcoded to check for the default regula religion.
The best way to change the faith is via code in the file Regula_Magistri\common\religion\religions\regula_religion.txt.

@ban10 

Thanks for the explanation. One thing I did notice was that if a character is with a lustful trait, then they always prostitutes themselves. the prostitutions system is from Carnalitas System. It pretty much guarent that they get lover pox constantly, and also constantly cheating on you. Is there any way to stop this?

3 hours ago, bos4523 said:

@ban10 

Thanks for the explanation. One thing I did notice was that if a character is with a lustful trait, then they always prostitutes themselves. the prostitutions system is from Carnalitas System. It pretty much guarent that they get lover pox constantly, and also constantly cheating on you. Is there any way to stop this?

In the game rules you can turn both prostitution and STDs off so just disable one or both of them. I usually play this mod with prostitution off anyway.

20 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 Keep up the great work! Also, have you seen the new Crusader Wars Mod in dev? Looks to be a complete game changer (pun intended). This should work fine with that right?

It wont work with the Famuli MAAs (the ones with women), because crusader wars wont know how to convert them into normal infantry
The same goes for the custom Magistri culture (I think).
Best thing to do here is to delete the file Regula_Magistri\common\men_at_arms_types\regula_maa_types.txt and not use the Magistri culture, should work fine then.

13 hours ago, bos4523 said:

@ban10 

Hmmm, I'm not sure what I could do, as that is a Carnalitas feature, I just turn off the prositution system personally as I dont feel like it fits with the whole Regula harem setup.

10 hours ago, xoihegn said:

hi ,I've looked through the Localization files and found that I could make my servants immortal. So is it possible to make myself immortal and how to do that? Thanks!

Not yet, but planned!
The idea is that eventually once you have one of each immortal servant (five total) there would be a decision to make the current Magister immortal.
The lore would be that you have "unlocked the mystery of giving life" and can become immortal while still being fertile, which is normally the drawback of becoming immortal
It doesnt exist yet though, just an idea I've got for how it would play out.

Just as a crash report:

The game crashed frequently within a year after the soul guardian was liberated. To be precise, it crashed on a specific date. As long as a certain time is reached, it will automatically crash. I suspect that an event trigger may cause the crash.
I tried to use a similar MOD list, while using observer mode to play the game, the game lasted for a long time without crashing.

2 hours ago, xoihegn said:

Thanks! But I have another question. Are these texts not included in the Localization file? I've translated all the files but still show this, and I can't find the texts in English Localization files either.

20230607214915_1_edit_2086677222781595.jpg.ff379d9a22450cf48cbd0334fdd7de20.jpg

20230607213755_1.jpg.2ec27e1612d59db6d4d5400deecc1dc3.jpg

The english version is in the file Regula_Magistri\localization\english\event_localization\regula_privignos_events_l_english.yml
If you were translating for Chinese then make a file like so Regula_Magistri\localization\simp_chinese\regula_privignos_events_l_simp_chinese.yml
Remember to save it with UTF-8 with BOM encoding!

2 hours ago, LSP啊我是 said:

Just as a crash report:

The game crashed frequently within a year after the soul guardian was liberated. To be precise, it crashed on a specific date. As long as a certain time is reached, it will automatically crash. I suspect that an event trigger may cause the crash.
I tried to use a similar MOD list, while using observer mode to play the game, the game lasted for a long time without crashing.

Hmmm, I wonder what could cause this
Perhaps the events that trigger each year?
Do you have anything in your logs, like an event error, or something else?

56 minutes ago, dustbeen43 said:

Well done @ban10 ! Now I can finally start a new playthrough :)

:) 

38 minutes ago, ban10 said:

英文版本在 Regula_Magistri\localization\english\event_localization\regula_privignos_events_l_english.yml 文件中
如果你正在翻译中文,那么制作一个这样的文件 Regula_Magistri\localization\simp_chinese\regula_privignos_events_l_simp_chinese.yml
记得用 UTF-8 和 BOM 编码保存它!

嗯,我想知道是什么导致了这
也许是每年触发的事件?
您的日志中是否有任何内容,例如事件错误或其他内容?

:) 

The problem has been solved, I came here to share how I solved it, the problem seems to be with Carnalitas, I turned off many of the rules of Carnalitas, such as Futa and prostitution, it turned out to be working, the game was able to run, I am very sure about the rules There may be a conflict with Regula.

Hi. 

Im having some kind of issue with the mod.

The Mod shows up in Game Rules. And I get the decision "Acquire the Regula Magistri", but nothing happens after I acquire it. The event doesnt fire. 

EDIT: The Mod works now. I downloaded the file from the Gitgud page. Deleted the loverslab file from the My documents mod folder and used the Gitgud one. 

Edited by Mr Mmmm
Solution to problem
11 hours ago, LSP啊我是 said:

Just as a crash report:

Do you have a MOD that changes the worldmap?

I had a similar situation where I would always crash a year after the liberation, but after turning off the MOD that removes India and West/Central Africa it stopped crashing.

Unfortunately  I had to start a new game.

6 hours ago, Forhotandweirdprn said:

Launcher says it can't find the mods descriptor file even though it's in the file.

Every mod has 2 descriptor files, one in the folder itself and one in the mod folder. Open the one in the mod folder (should be called "Regula_Magistri.mod") with a text editor and check that at the bottom it says 'path="mod/Regula_Magistri"' or points exactly to the "Regula_Magistri" folder on your own system. If it doesn't then just replace it with path="mod/Regula_Magistri"

12 hours ago, Mr Mmmm said:

Hi. 

Im having some kind of issue with the mod.

The Mod shows up in Game Rules. And I get the decision "Acquire the Regula Magistri", but nothing happens after I acquire it. The event doesnt fire. 

If you dont get the spellbound event after a few weeks, could you tell me your setup?
Like how you started the game etc

10 hours ago, Forhotandweirdprn said:

Launcher says it can't find the mods descriptor file even though it's in the file.

As mentioned by Anything_Random you should have a descriptor (Regula_Magistri.mod) both in your /mod folder and in the /mod/Regula_Magistri folder.

4 hours ago, ZenKoshin said:

Ummmm....I think I broke it.... Any thoughts?

898984452_LoadOrder.PNG.0bfdbe52925cbcb89db912fa0a3bcd83.PNG

error.log 135.32 kB · 2 downloads

Load order looks fine, did it crash? If so, when?
There are a lot of minor issues with events but nothing should crash atm. I'm slowly fixing all of these small mini-errors as I see them

4 hours ago, Tel02 said:

Could it be possible to achieve all the bloodline traits on your starting character (that is, without needing for him to die and his heir having the events) as a game rule/option?

Sure, I could look at making this an option, will probs need to rewrite a few of the events for it though.

Not sure if this has been asked but throwing it out. Is there a way to deal with Orba without having to click on them to reclaim them every few days? as it's really slowing my game down as now is reclaim orba.