4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Is the AAF version important? I'm behind a few updates because some FO4 mods haven't been updated in a long time and i don't want to break them.

Im on 154 Beta. I too hold off on updates because of other mods not being updated for newer F4SE installs.

7 minutes ago, Olmech said:

Im on 154 Beta. I too hold off on updates because of other mods not being updated for newer F4SE installs.

Out of curiosity, what's still not working with newer F4SE?

4 hours ago, NaughtyBoi221 said:

Love the concept, except when I get bound, everything is fine until the animations. Then suddenly, the guy just stands there. I have all of the reqs downloaded, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Does AAF work for you already with other mods? Do you have a recent version of Savage Cabbage's animation pack installed? Check the AAF admin log in its on-screen display for any useful error messages after a failed encounter (you may need to use BiP's debug MCM to force end your captivity first since it hides the UI).

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Does AAF work for you already with other mods? Do you have a recent version of Savage Cabbage's animation pack installed? Check the AAF admin log in its on-screen display for any useful error messages after a failed encounter (you may need to use BiP's debug MCM to force end your captivity first since it hides the UI).

I tested it using Hardship and AAF/animations didn't work there either. I don't know why AAF isn't working so I'm just reinstalling my mods

1 hour ago, NaughtyBoi221 said:

I tested it using Hardship and AAF/animations didn't work there either. I don't know why AAF isn't working so I'm just reinstalling my mods

If you're fairly new to this and not confident in your troubleshooting skills, you may benefit from checking your installation against the recommendations in The Fucking Manual.

bip_scenarioSettler and bip_scenarioDuoSettler quests are grabbing regular Settlers rather than the bip_settlers. You can see that FF0076B8 filled the bip_scenarioSettlerRef Alias in quest bip_scenarioSettler

This settler was generated by Commonwealth Captives and is now assigned to Hangman's Alley. Note that the actorbase gender is male if not the model. Game Morality is 3. Sexual Harassment Morality is 2.

I used moveto.player but that did not trigger the remainder of the quest. I'm guessing the morality of 3 filtered out the NPC but not before it filled the alias.

ScreenShot175.png

ScreenShot173.png

ScreenShot174.png

Edited by jbezorg

It also looks like AAF Violate equipping a DD gag just before triggering BIP conflicts with BIP's gag. When the Scenario began the BIP gag was added and then removed by the already equipped DD gag added by AAF Violate and it failed to remove the mouth morph.

As a follow-up to my previous post. Changing the generic NPC faction on the BIP settler NPCs and replacing them with the scavenger faction ( and relabeling them from "Settler" to Scavver" )  looks like it resolved the issue of the wrong NPC filling the alias for the settler scenarios.

Edited by jbezorg
1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

That's normal. It's just the way the game reports. Cause.. ya know Bugthesda.

Mentioned for @twistedtrebla benefit.  BIP:BIP_NPCFinder has a isMale function that returns a bool.

Todd is a sadist and loves throwing a spanner into a Modder's scripts. I guess that makes me a masochist because I can't wait for Starfield to come out. Because I know Space Cadet Lydia is going to stand in a open doorway unmoving and my character will slowly starve to death while trapped in a storage room on my ship.

Edited by jbezorg

I have great hopes for this! Mods are only as good as those that were inspired enough to make them, that in turn inspire others to help by modifying theirs, too... it's so freakin' cool to watch the community from the sidelines sometimes. I learn more from reading you, and ego, and bottom, and a few talented others, than hours of digging through scripting code.

So many integrations come to mind... Dangerous Nights, a slight change makes your late night visitor(s) sell you for a profit, or just some laughing Raiders who thought it might be fun to tattoo you (with your mod) and stake you out near a known SuperMutant camp (with this one), a daisy-chain of consequences, as it were... the integration possibilities are as numerous as AAF mods.

Thanks trebla for all you do! That this is now on Miss Saya's guide with your others, I'm sure the d/ls will skyrocket. Not that you care. But still. ?

Resolved edit: I seem to have fixed the issue by removing the mod "Follower Revive System." I don't understand why that mod in particular was causing this problem, but I'm glad it's fixed.
-
I've been troubleshooting BIP on and off for about a week now and am at the point that I've run out of ideas short of trashing my entire installation and starting fresh. If anyone has any insight on what could be causing the issue or an idea of how I might fix it I would be very grateful. My installation used to work with BIP 1.2.5 but I do not know when the mod stopped working. I installed the updated BIP 1.3.2 about a week ago and that is when I started troubleshooting in earnest.
I'll put the rest inside a spoiler so as to not clog up the page. 

Spoiler

Issue: I'm having an issue where the aggressor NPC plays their animation properly for a fraction of a second, then seems to reset to their idle pose, sometimes shuffling in place as if trying to pathfind somewhere. Any time the animation progresses to the next stage or I manually change animations through AAF's [Home] menu the new animation will again play for a fraction of a second before returning to idle/shuffling. My player character (female) plays through all of the animations properly.

Every other mod/animation interaction works fine, this is only happening with animations initiated by BIP. I can play the animations with any of the furniture BIP uses manually through AAF with no issue, and mods like Sexual Harassment and Violate successfully make use of furniture like beds, stools, tables, etc.

What I've tried: I've deleted all BIP files and the LLFP plugin and installed their newest versions. I've moved BIP around in both my MO2 mod installation and load orders. I checked the AAF debug menu for errors but no errors appear when the animations start/stop.
I've tried using the console commands tai, tcai, and tdetect to determine if this is an issue with the AI continuing to try to move during the animation, but none of the commands solve the issue, even temporarily. Edited addition: I've also confirmed that both enabling and disabling the BIP Peace Bubble option does not fix the issue. I've also tested both NPCs that are created by BIP and nearby existing NPCs.

If I am able to fix this myself I'll update this post. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Zeak
Resolved
5 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Could you maybe make a patch for Unlimited Companion Framework to send all companions away?

Better still, instead of sending the companions away, lock them in a seperate celle and let them out again after the BIP events. One of the companions could also find you by chance and rescue you, as if he had been searching for you.

If memory serves, early versions of this mod dismissed non-companion followers but that caused issues for some users.

I'm having similar struggles with rescued captives from Commonwealth Captives. It looks like BiP tries to exclude companions from the nearby NPCs selection, but it doesn't exclude non-companion followers, so invariably if I end up with a BiP scenario while rescued captives are following me, they'll be the closest NPCs and therefore the ones chosen to be my abusers. (Separate issue, as noted earlier, BiP thinks female captives are male due to the actor templating CC uses, so I end up with a perpetually broken string of scenarios until I use the debug menu to force end everything).

I've tried adding || Game.GetPlayerFollowers().Find(a0) >= 0 on the end of the check that excludes companions in BIP_NPCFinder.isActorEligible() to see if that helps, but still need to test.

Edited by vaultbait
56 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

so I end up with a perpetually broken string of scenarios

You can turn off near by NPC's. But for me, if I spawn at the high school, there's around 40 SM in the area and any NPC that is spawns in instantly aggos, but can't find the SM, thus breaking the scene.

The simple solution, in my coffee lacking mind, would be to have @EgoBallistic make Violate not trigger BiP if you have a companion or followers, like it does for Raider Pet.

I do like and have had the same thought that @N.Gamma suggested.

Store them in a holding cell, and instead of a Good Samaritan, use your companion/followers (all of them).  Also make it impossible to struggle out of the restraints (visitors keep re tightening the restraints) if you have any companions/followers.

Or.. have them held at whatever factions camp that kicked your arse and leave a note letting you know where they are being held. Taunting you to "try" and save them. Which could lead to a loop if you fail. humm... or just kill them if you do fail. Brutal, but...

21 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

You can turn off near by NPC's. But for me, if I spawn at the high school, there's around 40 SM in the area and any NPC that is spawns in instantly aggos, but can't find the SM, thus breaking the scene.

The simple solution, in my coffee lacking mind, would be to have @EgoBallistic make Violate not trigger BiP if you have a companion or followers, like it does for Raider Pet.

I do like and have had the same thought that @N.Gamma suggested.

Store them in a holding cell, and instead of a Good Samaritan, use your companion/followers (all of them).  Also make it impossible to struggle out of the restraints (visitors keep re tightening the restraints) if you have any companions/followers.

Or.. have them held at whatever factions camp that kicked your arse and leave a note letting you know where they are being held. Taunting you to "try" and save them. Which could lead to a loop if you fail. humm... or just kill them if you do fail. Brutal, but...

Yeah, I think I see the problems in BIP_NPCFinder. In particular, isMale is relying on GetActorBase rather than GetLeveledActorBase, so going to see if switching that around fixes gender detection.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, I think I see the problems in BIP_NPCFinder. In particular, isMale is relying on GetActorBase rather than GetLeveledActorBase, so going to see if switching that around fixes gender detection.

Laying odds it will. ;)

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it's the case, that will definitely fix it (i had the same pb a while back when checking sex  GetActorBase will always return "male" for leveled NPCs.)

@twistedtrebla: I've confirmed that replacing the GetActorBase call in BIP_NPCFinder.isMale with GetLeveledActorBase fixes the issue of LeveledActor female NPCs getting treated as males, after changing that the freed female Commonwealth Captives that were following me around didn't try to take advantage when nearby NPCs are enabled and females are disallowed.

10 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Could you maybe make a patch for Unlimited Companion Framework to send all companions away?

Better still, instead of sending the companions away, lock them in a seperate celle and let them out again after the BIP events. One of the companions could also find you by chance and rescue you, as if he had been searching for you.

I was previously playing with ways to have nearby followers skipped for scenes, but your suggestion sounded like a better idea so I gave it a try. This seems (based on some playtesting of lengthy BIP sessions) to work really well. What I did was replace the "Dismiss followers" loop in bipBoundMain.initialize with this:

; Imprison followers
ObjectReference HoldingCellMarker = Game.GetForm(0x62522) as ObjectReference ; COCMarker in WorkshopHoldingCell
Actor[] playerFollowers = Game.GetPlayerFollowers()
Int index = 0
While (index < playerFollowers.Length)
    playerFollowers[index].MoveTo(HoldingCellMarker)
    index += 1
EndWhile

Then I amended bipBoundMain.terminateQuest so that it teleports them all to the player at the end:

Function terminateQuest()
    cleanFurniture()
    cleanUpActors()

; Free followers
    Int index = 0
        playerFollowers[index].MoveTo(PlayerRef)
        index += 1
    EndWhile

stop()
endFunction

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I was previously playing with ways to have nearby followers skipped for scenes, but your suggestion sounded like a better idea so I gave it a try. This seems (based on some playtesting of lengthy BIP sessions) to work really well. What I did was replace the "Dismiss followers" loop in bipBoundMain.initialize with this:

; Imprison followers
ObjectReference HoldingCellMarker = Game.GetForm(0x62522) as ObjectReference ; COCMarker in WorkshopHoldingCell
Int index = 0
    playerFollowers[index].MoveTo(HoldingCellMarker)
    index += 1
EndWhile

Then I amended bipBoundMain.terminateQuest so that it teleports them all to the player at the end:

Function terminateQuest()
    cleanFurniture()
    cleanUpActors()

; Free followers
    Int index = 0
        playerFollowers[index].MoveTo(PlayerRef)
        index += 1
    EndWhile

stop()
endFunction

That sounds really good, I hope that becomes part of the mod.

@twistedtrebla only thing I'd like to see is a greater scan radius to pull nearby NPC's . I've been in places where I can see nearby NPC's but they aren't pulled as aggressors. The site near the bridge near bunker hill is one, no one from bunker hill is pulled as an aggressor, also the one south of the south boston checkpoint, there are 3 gunners at the checkpoint and 3 raiders at a little "fort" under the overpass, only the 2 in the checkpoint office show up and then only as spectators, though they will get pulled as aggressors "IF" you have the dialogues turned off, and only one of the three in the little fort under the overpass gets pulled "IF" they are walking on the upper part of the fort and then only pulled as a spectator but again will be used as an aggressor "IF" the dialogues in BIP are off. I think the spectator mod is doing the initial pull for these NPC's but then if the dialogue option is OFF in BIP then they are close enough at the end of a scene to get tagged and pulled by BIP.

Edited by Oldwolf58