[mod] Sexbound Reborn

Hello, I am guessing i installed something wrong because like another poster earlier. I just wanted to test if the sex work or not, after firing the aphro bow one of the monster that seems to be sexable, I press E after seeing the max arousal thing and nothing happens, my character just look at them awkwardly.  Sometime the UI shows up, in varying amount of faded, sometimes it is 100% not even there.

I thought it is just the Viera race being wrong and even tested it on a random human character and it is still the same. Here is the list of mods i have installed. This is my first time installing mods outside of Steam workshop so I am worried i did something wrong. Sorry in advance if i screwed up some simple thing.1024791879_Sexbounderror.png.c58af73e55532ca8341c75953eb54bea.png

2048020949_installedwrongornot.png.b0641d97856b8eef94456533bf64eab3.png1024791879_Sexbounderror.png.c58af73e55532ca8341c75953eb54bea.png

installed wrong or not.png

46 minutes ago, KnightofSalt said:

Hello, I am guessing i installed something wrong because like another poster earlier. I just wanted to test if the sex work or not, after firing the aphro bow one of the monster that seems to be sexable, I press E after seeing the max arousal thing and nothing happens, my character just look at them awkwardly.  Sometime the UI shows up, in varying amount of faded, sometimes it is 100% not even there.

I thought it is just the Viera race being wrong and even tested it on a random human character and it is still the same. Here is the list of mods i have installed. This is my first time installing mods outside of Steam workshop so I am worried i did something wrong. Sorry in advance if i screwed up some simple thing.

Going by the fact your TeratophiliaScenes file is from 2022, you are using an outdated version. Update the mod and it should work.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

Going by the fact your TeratophiliaScenes file is from 2022, you are using an outdated version. Update the mod and it should work.

I'm having the same issue, though I just removed TeratophiliaScenes and it's still not working...

image.png.6cc4132b8972d7d0dd5a044b4d7fcae9.png

I understand there might be conflicting files in this list.  My excuse is that there's not a set of clearly defined what's and who's for each file from the mod pages' descriptions...

8 minutes ago, JessicaValirov said:

I'm having the same issue, though I just removed TeratophiliaScenes and it's still not working...

image.png.6cc4132b8972d7d0dd5a044b4d7fcae9.png

I understand there might be conflicting files in this list.  My excuse is that there's not a set of clearly defined what's and who's for each file from the mod pages' descriptions...

You, on the other hand, are using an outdated version of POV Redux xD

You'Re using 4.0.1, but the first compatible version is clearly stated as 4.2.0, both here and on the mod page of POV Redux.

2 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You, on the other hand, are using an outdated version of POV Redux xD

You'Re using 4.0.1, but the first compatible version is clearly stated as 4.2.0, both here and on the mod page of POV Redux.

Ah yep that did it...

I actually had the up-to-date version but I thought the "API" part of the file meant it was for the original Sexbound, not SBR... whoops. ?

51 minutes ago, idkwhattoname said:

there are no animations... the actors just stand there

Erina answered the two people above, but you uh... you okay there? Need help...?

Standard procedures are to provide a log, but i don't know if you're just... making a comment.

All of my Neki children created by SBR are bald and this error is in my log. Neki PCs and NPCs not created by pregnancy all have hair as normal. This was also not an issue with SxB 5.12.1, log contains these lines:

[19:24:49.236] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png'
[19:24:49.237] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png:normal'
[19:24:49.966] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png'
[19:24:49.967] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png:normal'

48 minutes ago, luciodark said:

All of my Neki children created by SBR are bald and this error is in my log. Neki PCs and NPCs not created by pregnancy all have hair as normal. This was also not an issue with SxB 5.12.1, log contains these lines:

[19:24:49.236] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png'
[19:24:49.237] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/neki/hair/male1.png:normal'
[19:24:49.966] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png'
[19:24:49.967] [Error] Could not load image asset '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png:normal', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png' while resolving image frame '/humanoid/neki/hair/fem1.png:normal'

For everyone using pregnancies and encountering bald babies:

https://github.com/ErinaSugino/Starbound-SBR-Mod/releases/tag/v1.0_r1b1

This build is not tested.

It is a pushed preview of V1.0 Revision 1 without testing if all the currently changed features actually work, but does contain the fixes to some problems, including this. Test at your own risk, feedback appreciated.

Oh yeah also, obviously this cannot retroactively fix NPCs already spawned.

Edited by Erina Sugino
11 minutes ago, jenalin said:

Is there a limited set of things that work as currency for PassiveIncome? If so, is there an easy/hacky way to add a non-currency item to be received instead? No worries if not!

It works with everything that is defined as currency in-game - so no, no items.

24 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

It works with everything that is defined as currency in-game - so no, no items.

Thanks :) I was wondering if there was a simple replacement in the passiveincome.lua file or something that I could use to make items work instead of currency, but I assume it's more complicated than that.

14 minutes ago, jenalin said:

Thanks :) I was wondering if there was a simple replacement in the passiveincome.lua file or something that I could use to make items work instead of currency, but I assume it's more complicated than that.

If you just want to persistently change the reward type from currency to item for yourself, you have to edit the "handleRewardCurrency" method in "overrides/player.lua" to use player.giveItem instead of player.addCurrency. The rest I leave to you to figure out.

Tested at my own risk and found the world (or rather, mod) went up in flames. Common table nodes ceased to be interactive and NPCs could not be turned into them. The 'unsafe day' status my character had also vanished. SxB-specific items were not deleted, atleast. Unfortunately not able to provide logs or test further atm. 

Edit: Alright, here's a log of me: 1) opening the game, 2) selecting my character, 3) spawning into my ship, 4) placing a 'classic table' which does not function as a node, 5) using a lovely whip item to turn a crewmate into a node, which causes them to disappear     (sorry, I have a lot of mods.)

starbound.log

Edited by luciodark
9 hours ago, luciodark said:

Tested at my own risk and found the world (or rather, mod) went up in flames. Common table nodes ceased to be interactive and NPCs could not be turned into them. The 'unsafe day' status my character had also vanished. SxB-specific items were not deleted, atleast. Unfortunately not able to provide logs or test further atm. 

Edit: Alright, here's a log of me: 1) opening the game, 2) selecting my character, 3) spawning into my ship, 4) placing a 'classic table' which does not function as a node, 5) using a lovely whip item to turn a crewmate into a node, which causes them to disappear     (sorry, I have a lot of mods.)

starbound.log 124.43 kB · 0 downloads

I don't know why your status effect would have vanished, but that's what single, simple syntax error does for you. I reuploaded the file, so you can try again.

Regular functionality has returned. Babies are no longer bald and threesomes seem to function. I am not familiar with the other issues this patch was for, so no input there.

Away from the topic of bugs, I'd like to suggest toggleable options for NPCs auto-climaxing and auto-positioning in scenes that involve the PC. You did say early in the thread that full PC control was intended, but I think it would be beneficial to have automation as on option.

1 hour ago, luciodark said:

Regular functionality has returned. Babies are no longer bald and threesomes seem to function. I am not familiar with the other issues this patch was for, so no input there.

Away from the topic of bugs, I'd like to suggest toggleable options for NPCs auto-climaxing and auto-positioning in scenes that involve the PC. You did say early in the thread that full PC control was intended, but I think it would be beneficial to have automation as on option.

I can add an option to re-enable NPC auto-climax even in player controlled situations. However, enabling them to auto-switch positions with the current "AI" is just bad imo. I'll think about it when potentially reworking NPCs behaviour in general during sex, which would be about when I potentially rework the general control options.

Now i have another question :

Intercourse doesn't count, I mean it doesn't show up in the stats or in the pregnancy plan, the only thing that counts is the local "bucks".

I don't know, maybe because I'm using an incompatible "statue of Dibella" mod or something like that, but I had a similar problem with the old Sexbound 

Thanks for the answer,
whatever he is

1 hour ago, AlanVIP said:

Now i have another question :

Intercourse doesn't count, I mean it doesn't show up in the stats or in the pregnancy plan, the only thing that counts is the local "bucks".

I don't know, maybe because I'm using an incompatible "statue of Dibella" mod or something like that, but I had a similar problem with the old Sexbound 

Thanks for the answer,
whatever he is

Are you checking this within the Sexbound customizer Item or through the quickbar option for it?