[mod] Sexbound Reborn

21 minutes ago, TheFuckingQueen said:

So I seem to be having a problem with SexTalk (included in Sexbound Reborn, already deleted the old one) where nothing is coming up, not even the default lines, since I updated. I know I'm using a custom race, but it still used the default lines before, I've tried deleting Critterbang and that didn't work (also updated it), so I'm a bit stumped.

starbound.log 68.85 kB · 1 download

... huh, somehow you're using Sexbound Tweaker... in Reborn? And it's NOT crashing? Now that's impressive...
Alluring toys also being redundant, but i guess that in theory shouldn't cause a crash because the duplicates are just overwriting each-other.
There's no obvious error in the log, and no mod known for this specific issue other than CritterBang... Are you 100% sure you tried without Critterbang installed? Also, do try removing the other two mods, Alluring Toys shouldn't cause issues because it is part of the API by now, but Tweaker is LOOOOOONG outdated, and replaces files, so who knows what's happening in there.

Hello! I am switching from the old Sexbound to SBR, and so far a lot of things are great. However, I have been having issues with Threesomes, since whenever I try to join two NPCS, the two npcs and my character become invisible, and there is no UI to change positions and such. Here is my log if that would be useful! Here is a screenshot as well
image.png.dc9d76aa690a013ee83a5b79f87f4e69.png

I wont mind sending my modlist as well if that is needed!

starbound.log

Edited by confusedbudgie
7 hours ago, confusedbudgie said:

Hello! I am switching from the old Sexbound to SBR, and so far a lot of things are great. However, I have been having issues with Threesomes, since whenever I try to join two NPCS, the two npcs and my character become invisible, and there is no UI to change positions and such. Here is my log if that would be useful! Here is a screenshot as well

I wont mind sending my modlist as well if that is needed!

Turn on "debug" and "info" level logging in the main config file, trigger the error again and then send the new log file please.

I'm trying to make a Defeat-style mod for the game using SxB:R but not having any luck. I just can't seem to get my wrap my head around how to get it to work. I was drawing some inspiration from the original SxB Defeat but definitely wanted it to handle things differently. I'm gonna scrap what I have and start from scratch. If anyone that is more experienced at making StarBound mods has any tips for me, i'd appreciate it.

On 4/4/2023 at 9:02 PM, red3dred said:

... huh, somehow you're using Sexbound Tweaker... in Reborn? And it's NOT crashing? Now that's impressive...
Alluring toys also being redundant, but i guess that in theory shouldn't cause a crash because the duplicates are just overwriting each-other.
There's no obvious error in the log, and no mod known for this specific issue other than CritterBang... Are you 100% sure you tried without Critterbang installed? Also, do try removing the other two mods, Alluring Toys shouldn't cause issues because it is part of the API by now, but Tweaker is LOOOOOONG outdated, and replaces files, so who knows what's happening in there.

Tried again, deleted the offending mods, also CritterBang, still nothing. Gonna try enabling the debug stuff in SBR

EDIT - Tried it with debug stuff, still not seeing the issues.

starbound.log

starboundDebug.log

Edited by TheFuckingQueen
34 minutes ago, TheFuckingQueen said:

Tried again, deleted the offending mods, also CritterBang, still nothing. Gonna try enabling the debug stuff in SBR

It's really strange, something is definitely disabling the dialogue module entirely, but i don't know any culprits right away, mainly since you removed CritterBang.

For example, even with Debug enabled, the sextalk module never outputs... anything. Not even an attempt of causing dialogue, no error that no dialogue is found, etc.
image.png.83391e64f7d3414b626cb4b0ea2fd0ea.png

Like the message above.

Hi! Decided to play Starbound after a long while and I saw that Sexbound got an (unofficial, I guess?) update. Sadly, Whenever I try to use Aphrodite's Bow (yes, I have installed the patch) both characters just... stand there. Nothing happens. The UI doesn't appear and unfortunately the Aphrodite's Retreat quest was also unable to be completed (hell, I couldn't even start it because the priestess at the Retreat just layed there and nothing happened)

I've attached a screenshot and the log (with showDebug and showInfo turned to "true")

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: Seems like this line tells the problem:

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/statemachine.l..."]:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'getContainsPlayer')

Sadly, I have no clue how to fix it

Screenshot_2.png

starbound.log

Edited by danykli
extra info
2 hours ago, danykli said:

Hi! Decided to play Starbound after a long while and I saw that Sexbound got an (unofficial, I guess?) update. Sadly, Whenever I try to use Aphrodite's Bow (yes, I have installed the patch) both characters just... stand there. Nothing happens. The UI doesn't appear and unfortunately the Aphrodite's Retreat quest was also unable to be completed (hell, I couldn't even start it because the priestess at the Retreat just layed there and nothing happened)

I've attached a screenshot and the log (with showDebug and showInfo turned to "true")

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: Seems like this line tells the problem:

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/statemachine.l..."]:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'getContainsPlayer')

Sadly, I have no clue how to fix it

The error message states, that the new SBR function "getContainsPlayer()" in the main sexbound.lua file is missing. That is the case when you use an incompatible mod that "patches" said script file with older code. I don't immediately see a known culprit to cause that (seeing as you have both the right Lustbound as well as Aphrodite's Bow patch), so I can only point fingers at whatever I see off.

For example, you are using the mod "AlluringToysCo". This one is already long since outdated, discontinued and discouraged to use even for old Sexbound (because it's fully integrated into the base mod since V5.0 or something), so try yeeting that.

11 hours ago, confusedbudgie said:

Tier two still works. It works with two actors perfectly fine

Currently, I have honestly no idea what's wrong. There is not a single trace of something breaking, so investigating this will take a bit more.

Can I ask you to create an Issue on GitHub with as much detailed information about what you did when, where and how in order to reproduce the error so I can keep track of it?

10 hours ago, TheFuckingQueen said:

At this point it's pretty apparent to me that something in the sextalk logic is broken. Can you create an Issue on GitHub stating in detail which races work and which don't?

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

The error message states, that the new SBR function "getContainsPlayer()" in the main sexbound.lua file is missing. That is the case when you use an incompatible mod that "patches" said script file with older code. I don't immediately see a known culprit to cause that (seeing as you have both the right Lustbound as well as Aphrodite's Bow patch), so I can only point fingers at whatever I see off.

For example, you are using the mod "AlluringToysCo". This one is already long since outdated, discontinued and discouraged to use even for old Sexbound (because it's fully integrated into the base mod since V5.0 or something), so try yeeting that.

Did what you said by yeeting AlluringToysCo. sadly, that didn't fix the issue. Would a list of my local mods be of use? (A screenshot for example)

9 minutes ago, danykli said:

Did what you said by yeeting AlluringToysCo. sadly, that didn't fix the issue. Would a list of my local mods be of use? (A screenshot for example)

Your list of mods is already, in more detail than a screenshot could ever cover, in the log file. (One of the many reasons why the logfile is so important for any kind of troubleshooting).

If that isn't the case... Well, we can either hope that Red has more wisdom to share, or you can try slowly deactivating every mod that isn't explicitly on the compatible list, then re-enable them one by one until you find the culprit. Which, depending on how much these mods change, could potentially require you to make a new universe and character in order to not crash everything while testing.

3 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Your list of mods is already, in more detail than a screenshot could ever cover, in the log file. (One of the many reasons why the logfile is so important for any kind of troubleshooting).

If that isn't the case... Well, we can either hope that Red has more wisdom to share, or you can try slowly deactivating every mod that isn't explicitly on the compatible list, then re-enable them one by one until you find the culprit. Which, depending on how much these mods change, could potentially require you to make a new universe and character in order to not crash everything while testing.

Damn, now that's a shame.

Oh well, guess I'll just try to troubleshoot on my own. Thanks for the help though!

2 hours ago, danykli said:

Damn, now that's a shame.

Oh well, guess I'll just try to troubleshoot on my own. Thanks for the help though!

Alright, I uninstalled a Saturnian race support (don't even play as them or use the mod with them) and there is some progress! The UI has appeared! Apart from that, still no animations. Actors just stand there, naked, doing nothing

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I also uninstalled a mod that adds support for shadow people and penguins

EDIT 2: AGAIN, forgot to mention - I uninstalled BTF Terramons, after reinstalling it the UI didn't appear, so that one was doing stuff with the UI. One problem's fixed at least!

EDIT 3: Welp, got it to work - after uninstalling and reinstalling mods, for a second I thought that it was PoV Redux (which even seemed odd to me) which was causing problems. Nope, it as BTF Terramons and the support for them. Everything works great! (Heck, even Teraphilia PoV works great!)

Also, got a question regarding the PoV mod - what races currently have support? I'm playing as an Avian but nothing pops up (sorry for the question in a wrong mod topic but I don't want to make a new topic at the other mod lol)

Edited by danykli
5 hours ago, VSMSusi said:

Do i have some incompatible mods or something the Mod isn't working

You wrongly installed the Lustbound patch, spilling all the folders into the mods folder.

5 hours ago, danykli said:

Alright, I uninstalled a Saturnian race support (don't even play as them or use the mod with them) and there is some progress! The UI has appeared! Apart from that, still no animations. Actors just stand there, naked, doing nothing

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I also uninstalled a mod that adds support for shadow people and penguins

EDIT 2: AGAIN, forgot to mention - I uninstalled BTF Terramons, after reinstalling it the UI didn't appear, so that one was doing stuff with the UI. One problem's fixed at least!

EDIT 3: Welp, got it to work - after uninstalling and reinstalling mods, for a second I thought that it was PoV Redux (which even seemed odd to me) which was causing problems. Nope, it as BTF Terramons and the support for them. Everything works great! (Heck, even Teraphilia PoV works great!)

Also, got a question regarding the PoV mod - what races currently have support? I'm playing as an Avian but nothing pops up (sorry for the question in a wrong mod topic but I don't want to make a new topic at the other mod lol)

As long as you have the right version, Teratophilia, POV Redux and the Terato Scenes have full compatibility, guaranteed.

Regarding your question: Humans. That's basically it. Maybe one or another floran sprite iirc...? But that's it.

8 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Currently, I have honestly no idea what's wrong. There is not a single trace of something breaking, so investigating this will take a bit more.

Can I ask you to create an Issue on GitHub with as much detailed information about what you did when, where and how in order to reproduce the error so I can keep track of it?

At this point it's pretty apparent to me that something in the sextalk logic is broken. Can you create an Issue on GitHub stating in detail which races work and which don't?

Will do!

35 minutes ago, Hiyori Usagi said:

Hi, I removed all the mods and added clean installs of reborn and the whip just to test out if I did something wrong. I set "forceAllPositions" to true, when NPC's attempt to have sex, they just stand there, the logs seems to say otherwise (If I'm reading it correctly). Also if I try to initiate it, I notice that all the icons on the UI wheel disappear. The moment I set "forceAllPositions" back to false, everything goes back to normal, sex animations play and the icons return. I hope I wrote it correctly and provided everything.

You did - but that bug is already long known. xD

1 hour ago, Hiyori Usagi said:

Ah.. I tried searching before posting, I couldn't find it, sorry. ? So I'm guessing there's no way around it?

I do believe the buttons still work even without icons, when that setting is enabled.

15 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

I mean, none? I tried to delete the GiC mod and use my old chars and no dice. Besides the update for GiC and SexBound, I'm not sure what else could be causing it.

11 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

You wrongly installed the Lustbound patch, spilling all the folders into the mods folder.

How do i install the Patch Properly? 

image_2023-04-08_125332697.png.a26e44217e4e2070cdc0c6c7ade956dc.png

It's just this when i download it and when i extract it becomes a bunch of files

5 minutes ago, VSMSusi said:

How do i install the Patch Properly? 

image_2023-04-08_125332697.png.a26e44217e4e2070cdc0c6c7ade956dc.png

It's just this when i download it and when i extract it becomes a bunch of files

right-click the archive and you should get an option that says "extract to'...' " or something like that, this should create a folder of the same name as the archive and contain all files inside

8 hours ago, TheFuckingQueen said:

I mean, none? I tried to delete the GiC mod and use my old chars and no dice. Besides the update for GiC and SexBound, I'm not sure what else could be causing it.

If absolutely no species work, then it's something else. At the very least vanilla species work just fine. I know Neki have a problem that I have to clean up, but vanilla species work just fine and since Revision 1 even have more dialogue. If even those don't work, some other mod is either deactivating the sextalk plugin altogether or messing with the dialogue files or something. Which means at this point, clean install of just SBR and then re-adding mods one by one to find the culprit is what you have to do.