[mod] Sexbound Reborn

Do you know if any of these mods conflict with SxB? Everytime I try to engage with an NPC or otherwise, my character sprite disappears, the NPC stands completely still, and the menu does not open. It was working fine until I tried to add Lustbound, so if I did something wrong or am missing something please let me know.

image.png.9002c7e499ddc0d63d3d534c94877755.png

1 hour ago, FloranAya said:

Do you know if any of these mods conflict with SxB? Everytime I try to engage with an NPC or otherwise, my character sprite disappears, the NPC stands completely still, and the menu does not open. It was working fine until I tried to add Lustbound, so if I did something wrong or am missing something please let me know.

image.png.9002c7e499ddc0d63d3d534c94877755.png

Probably whatever mod you extracted wrong and exploded all over the mods folder (stry _metadata file, artwork, objects, positions and scripts folder. I'd assume that's the Lustbound Patch?)

7 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Probably whatever mod you extracted wrong and exploded all over the mods folder (stry _metadata file, artwork, objects, positions and scripts folder. I'd assume that's the Lustbound Patch?)

Ah. Yeah no that was it. I guess when I extracted that one I forgot to put them all in the same folder. Thanks for helping!

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Are you checking this within the Sexbound customizer Item or through the quickbar option for it?

uhhh.... i checked it in one of the tabs of the sexbound menu window (the first main tab, the second where they offer mod addons, etc.)

I really have no idea what the item you are talking about ?

18 minutes ago, AlanVIP said:

uhhh.... i checked it in one of the tabs of the sexbound menu window (the first main tab, the second where they offer mod addons, etc.)

When you start a new character, the Sexbound customizer (item) is added to your ship locker i believe, and the FAQ Codex is added to your inventory.

If you do not have any of those two, trashed them without a thought, it's worth noting that the quick-menu option on the top-right corner is apparently bugged and never properly tells you your stats, while the item itself works. At least that was a verified bug in the original API, dunno if Erina poked at that yet, but doesn't like a simple fix without making two separate interfaces.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

When you start a new character, the Sexbound customizer (item) is added to your ship locker i believe, and the FAQ Codex is added to your inventory.

If you do not have any of those two, trashed them without a thought, it's worth noting that the quick-menu option on the top-right corner is apparently bugged and never properly tells you your stats, while the item itself works. At least that was a verified bug in the original API, dunno if Erina poked at that yet, but doesn't like a simple fix without making two separate interfaces.

I'm not the same person, but I'd like to note that the item itself is also not fully functional for me. It'll track all the stats except my PC's own pregnancies and I've also had it reset them all to 0 for no apparent reason.

7 hours ago, AlanVIP said:

Every character that first uses Sexbound gets two items in their inventory - the "Sexbound Customizer" and the mentioned Codex with FAQ stuff in it. Using the Customizer item opens the UI window as intended. Using a mod like QuickbarMini - which has "official support" by Sexbound - too opens that UI window; but no statistics are present, as they never get loaded because of the way the UI mechanic was designed. I'll change that in the future, but for now you have to use the Sexbound Customizer item for it to show statistics.

2 hours ago, luciodark said:

I'm not the same person, but I'd like to note that the item itself is also not fully functional for me. It'll track all the stats except my PC's own pregnancies and I've also had it reset them all to 0 for no apparent reason.

Like I said above, using any means other than the intended "Sexbound Customizer" item to open the customizer UI does not display statistics. If that is not the case and your statistics still reset to 0, then you must have encountered a hard script crash on entity init which erased the entire entity storage - in which case you should have been given another copy of the Customizer item and codex item.

Specifically pregnancies not being tracked sounds like a bug and required proper bug reporting.

29 minutes ago, AlanVIP said:

I have another question :D

Do both partners need to be of the same race to get pregnant?

No, but they need to be compatible according to your config settings.

38 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

No, but they need to be compatible according to your config settings.

So, if I want to get pregnant with a kitsune race, I need to add the name of the race here

image.png.94cb02de474226a2f3871d39ec7c0517.png

and add chance here?

image.png.ea9310a139b747924bf4d8b2b46c08c9.png

Or is it not as simple as it seems?

11 minutes ago, AlanVIP said:

So, if I want to get pregnant with a kitsune race, I need to add the name of the race here

You have to add the combination of every race into that table, yes. So if you want, e.g., humans and kitsune to be able to breed, you would have to add `"human": ["kitsune"]` and `"kitsune": ["human"]`. And and that for every species you want compatibility for. Depending on your ultimate goal (which races with kitsune) it might be easier to just add a proper speciesType into the species patch for Kitsune, but that's a bit more complicated if you have no idea about modding.

14 minutes ago, AlanVIP said:

and add chance here?

Pregnancy hazards are an entirely different mechanic altogether. The pregnancy hazard chance for a given race (pair) defines the probability of climaxing raw into an already pregnant female resulting in the baby just being killed, i.e. the pregnancy just forcibly aborted.

16 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You have to add the combination of every race into that table, yes. So if you want, e.g., humans and kitsune to be able to breed, you would have to add `"human": ["kitsune"]` and `"kitsune": ["human"]`. And and that for every species you want compatibility for

like this?

image.png.c686fee76d90653ba808db9c5822ab4e.png

or add compatibility to EACH RACE, such as this :

image.png.78f8407707b043e3cb23dd2cd4386d3a.png

I have some confusion with this ?

Edited by AlanVIP
1 minute ago, AlanVIP said:

or add compatibility to EACH RACE, such as this :

Yes and no. Yes, you have to add compatibility for EACH race, otherwise a Kitsune male can only ever impregnate a Human female. (Your first example)

But not like this, this will just crash everything because of a JSON error. You cannot define the same parameter multiple times in the same object. [ ... ] is a list, so add all the species in there.

7 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Yes and no. Yes, you have to add compatibility for EACH race, otherwise a Kitsune male can only ever impregnate a Human female. (Your first example)

But not like this, this will just crash everything because of a JSON error. You cannot define the same parameter multiple times in the same object. [ ... ] is a list, so add all the species in there.

uhmmm.... like this? ??

image.png.33e64a7e2a0dd7c8dc5eb2d293e14ff0.png

and thank you very much

3 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Like I said above, using any means other than the intended "Sexbound Customizer" item to open the customizer UI does not display statistics. If that is not the case and your statistics still reset to 0, then you must have encountered a hard script crash on entity init which erased the entire entity storage - in which case you should have been given another copy of the Customizer item and codex item.

Specifically pregnancies not being tracked sounds like a bug and required proper bug reporting.

Here's a log of me resolving a pregnancy and also using the SxB Customizer item afterwards. Unfortunately I don't see a whole lot going on, but I'm not an expert.

Additionally, I noticed that the SxB Wooden Fuckpost does not operate unless at least one of the two actors has a dick. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense since it only involves 'dildo' penetration, but I also wouldn't be too surprised if it's just a limitation of two-actor doggy position by the API.

starbound.log

On 3/7/2023 at 3:25 PM, Erina Sugino said:

Your character just standing there when you freshly entered a sexnode is normal - you're idling until you choose a position you want to do it in. This is so that solo actor positions are generally possible, as they may come in the future. What positions are available to select changes based on the available actors - by default you can only choose positions that make sense. Since there are currently no solo actor positions, you will need a partner for anything to show up. And even if you have a partner but both are female, there should only be "facesitting" available as all the other positions require one of the actors to be able to penetrate the other. If you want to disable this logic and make everything available regardless of conditions (like in original sexbound) you can do so in the main config file.

However your character turning invisible sounds like an error. In which case we need your log file.

I decided to move my old mods folder out of the starbound folders and I think that worked. Im not sure how picky starbound is since I named it something like "Mods old sexbound" but after using fresh downloaded mods the mod works fine now. Only thing I dont have downloaded was lustbound. Also started a new character just in case.

I am curious will Sexbound Defeat will be patched for this mod or implemented into it?

5 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

I decided to move my old mods folder out of the starbound folders and I think that worked. Im not sure how picky starbound is since I named it something like "Mods old sexbound" but after using fresh downloaded mods the mod works fine now. Only thing I dont have downloaded was lustbound. Also started a new character just in case.

I am curious will Sexbound Defeat will be patched for this mod or implemented into it?

At some point later down the development cycle, yes.

13 hours ago, luciodark said:

Here's a log of me resolving a pregnancy and also using the SxB Customizer item afterwards. Unfortunately I don't see a whole lot going on, but I'm not an expert.

Additionally, I noticed that the SxB Wooden Fuckpost does not operate unless at least one of the two actors has a dick. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense since it only involves 'dildo' penetration, but I also wouldn't be too surprised if it's just a limitation of two-actor doggy position by the API.

starbound.log 70.43 kB · 1 download

I have confirmed a sneaky little bug with the pregnancy mechanic that would very likely result in no pregnancy count statistics being tracked, which will be fixed next version.

Regarding the wooden fuckpost, the "double doggy" position it uses is set up to not require any body traits, so gender shouldn't matter. However, it still uses the same "minimum 2 actors" requirement of the normal doggy position, which would result in interaction being impossible until any second actor joins, which is clearly a mistake and will be fixed next version.

If, however, you can confirm that it indeed required a male actor to be present for the position to show up let me know, then there is more to it.

Edited by Erina Sugino
36 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

I have confirmed a sneaky little bug with the pregnancy mechanic that would very likely result in no pregnancy count statistics being tracked, which will be fixed next version.

Regarding the wooden fuckpost, the "double doggy" position it uses is set up to not require any body traits, so gender shouldn't matter. However, it still uses the same "minimum 2 actors" requirement of the normal doggy position, which would result in interaction being impossible until any second actor joins, which is clearly a mistake and will be fixed next version.

If, however, you can confirm that it indeed required a male actor to be present for the position to show up let me know, then there is more to it.

I'm completely certain that it requires at least one of the two actors to be male, yes. With two female actors you cannot choose anything outside of idle position.

Hii, it`s me again  ?

image.png.088ebe815ac9d68ef2d5da56c7a5aeab.png

even after making changes to the config file, pregnancy still does not occur, even with fertility pills (strong) and increasing the chance in the config file

image.png.27af7879c96fb0174c5e9591b7794dba.png

this is my mod list if it helps (not counting steam)

image.png.d2e064af513a5f3aedb9958ad315d795.png

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

And thanks

3 hours ago, AlanVIP said:

Hii, it`s me again  ?

even after making changes to the config file, pregnancy still does not occur, even with fertility pills (strong) and increasing the chance in the config file

this is my mod list if it helps (not counting steam)

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

And thanks

Unless the race is not actually called "kitsune" internally, or some other config setting messes things up, it could very well be that it works - you just don't know it.

In the current version there is a bug whereas player pregnancies (assuming YOU are trying to get pregnant) don't generate a delay. Meaning that you are not getting any notification about your pregnancy after 60-180 seconds of it happening, as normally intended, independent from your notification settings. And since in SBR the way one "notices" pregnancies has been made more realistically difficult, you will neither see the pregnant belly sprite during sex (if not disabled) nor the status effect "pregnant" untli half-way through your pregnancy. The only other way to get informed early is using the pregnancy test - however, due to the wrongly missing delay parameter pregnancy tests don't work. So the only actual confirmation is the log data the pregnancy test creates when using it showing you in the log that there is, indeed, a baby.

Other than that, everything beyond this point would need logging anyway, because everything looks normal on the outside.

22 minutes ago, yur34421 said:

Hi, I know, there was troubleshooting with standing still characters, but after i tried to initiate sex they just stand and dont do anything. Can someone tell me, which mod in my case ruins everything?

There is information missing, and no log. Can't do magic right away!

For one, you have a "Artwork", "Objects" and "Scripts" and more, folders in your mods folder. This ain't right. This means a mod was installed incorrectly.
Contents.pak is ?????
And ultimately, other than that, which maybe a problem, you seem to have correct versions of mods installed. We won't know if the problem is just that you're not clicking on any position, or if you actually do have an issue without the Starbound log.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Edited by red3dred
3 hours ago, red3dred said:

There is information missing, and no log. Can't do magic right away!

For one, you have a "Artwork", "Objects" and "Scripts" and more, folders in your mods folder. This ain't right. This means a mod was installed incorrectly.
Contents.pak is ?????
And ultimately, other than that, which maybe a problem, you seem to have correct versions of mods installed. We won't know if the problem is just that you're not clicking on any position, or if you actually do have an issue without the Starbound log.

So uhhh, does the problem because my character was pregnant before i updated mods as it errors visible pregnancy?

starbound.log

13 minutes ago, yur34421 said:

So uhhh, does the problem because my character was pregnant before i updated mods as it errors visible pregnancy?

starbound.logFetching info...

You have both an older and newer version of Terato-scenes installed. The older is replacing the new one, that works with Reborn, thus, indeed, it replaces and breaks scripts related to "isVisiblyPregnant" and more. Do remove the older version and try again.

Also, there is still the problem of whatever mod was dropped into your Mods folder and left a bunch of loose folders. Those folders aren't loaded correctly, and if they replace/add in files at the wrong places, you may run into problems.