[mod] Sexbound Reborn

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

It tells me a lot is wrong. The most important part that crashes stuff currently: One of the new functions of SBR in the Utils functions is outright missing. Which leads to the biggest elephant in the room:

Not only are you trying to use TWO version of sexbound at the same time - old and long since outdated version 3.14.0 of original sexbound and a newer version. But according to filenames neither of them are Sexbound Reborn.

This then results in the Lustbound SBR Patch, which is updating Lustbounds script files to use SBR features that obviously do not exist, crashing. If you want SBR support, at least use the mod.

Other than that, you have two stray folders that are somewhat loaded but not recognized as mods - "bow patch" and "rsxb reborn". If the latter is supposed to be SBR, you installed it wrong. And tried to use THREE version of sexbound at the same time, which is a never before seen level of madness.

You're also using "Lustbound Tentacle Tweak" which, iirc, is a broken outdated mod by itself that should not be used.

W e l p, that explains it. Thank you very much for your help then. As you can tell, I'm heavily out of my league when it comes to mod stuff, mainly because I have only recently gotten into modding and whatnot after switching from console. Sorry for the stupidity.

I know the climax script references that condoms have special logic now, and can have a break chance, is that actually implemented yet, or for a later update? Just curious. There's a lot of interesting changes in here after all.

Edit: By the way, the player sometimes gets counted as actor 0 during the sex scenes, and is unable to be impregnated by npcs.

Edit 2: I still can't seem to get it to work right. It misplaces the actor the player is, and is unable to impregnate them for who knows what reason.

I did trim down the mods a lot, but the pregnancy, at least to me, seems very bugged when targeted to players, but works just fine if its player on female npc.

starbound.log

Edited by MyraTheSorcerer
4 hours ago, R654 said:

I removed everything but lustbound, pov, aphro's bow and sexbound and enabled debug and info.

starbound.log 80.54 kB · 2 downloads

Now things are getting complicated. You are still having the invisible actor problem? Nothing here says that anything is wrong with the actor logic. The weird error is still there, but triggers long before sexnodes are even loaded.

In order to try and understand what's potentially going on, do you have 5 characters/NPCs in the world where you are testing? Have you modified the config?

4 hours ago, MyraTheSorcerer said:

I know the climax script references that condoms have special logic now, and can have a break chance, is that actually implemented yet, or for a later update? Just curious. There's a lot of interesting changes in here after all.

Edit: By the way, the player sometimes gets counted as actor 0 during the sex scenes, and is unable to be impregnated by npcs.

Edit 2: I still can't seem to get it to work right. It misplaces the actor the player is, and is unable to impregnate them for who knows what reason.

I did trim down the mods a lot, but the pregnancy, at least to me, seems very bugged when targeted to players, but works just fine if its player on female npc.

starbound.log 1.18 MB · 0 downloads

Condoms breaking or doing anything other than just preventing impregnation is not yet fully implemented, that's for a later update. Every currently active and user relevant config option is noted down in the wiki.

I'll look into the pregnancy thing on my end.

For now I just realized that entity logging uses the wrong setting names and hence never triggers, which might help alleviate some confusion when looking at logs.

Hotfix 2 fixes that, but is only really necessary for people having trouble that requires indepth logging.

1 minute ago, Rockin JC said:

I probably have far too many mods running (some of which are likely outdated), but this version of sexbound doesn't seem to work for me.

When attempting to enter a sex node, the actors just stand and stare awkwardly at each other. No menu pops up or anything like that.

Here's the log file...

starbound.log 158.34 kB · 0 downloads

Do try updating PoV Redux, had to put out a hotfix due to a small mistake.

After downloading and importing the latest versions of the SBR and Redux, everything worked fine after I removed teratophilia scenes. I was having trouble with the aforementioned invisible wheel and awkward staring even after removing both teratoscenes and redux, so I moved back to the vanilla API. These new versions work just fine and don't break at all from the numerous mods I have installed. 

5 minutes ago, MakeAmends said:

After downloading and importing the latest versions of the SBR and Redux, everything worked fine after I removed teratophilia scenes. I was having trouble with the aforementioned invisible wheel and awkward staring even after removing both teratoscenes and redux, so I moved back to the vanilla API. These new versions work just fine and don't break at all from the numerous mods I have installed. 

Dunno if TeratoScenes is updated, haven't checked their files, but i did toss TemTem a working version of the Cutscene mod, so that shouldn't be the problem.

And well, i was saying you should update your PoV Redux, because well, i uploaded the mod, and made a mistake, that caused that exact error. The same version number, but fixed now, so try that if you wouldn't mind. Or succumb to fear of change?

Other than that, only things that haven't been tested or might be a problem, are vaguely Monster Hormones, Expanded Dialogues, and as mentioned before, the TeratoScenes mod.

Edit: Oh wait, wrong person, woops. Meant to respond @Rockin JC. Hopefully it works for you too MakeAmends!

Edited by red3dred
5 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Edit: Oh wait, wrong person, woops. Meant to respond @Rockin JC. Hopefully it works for you too MakeAmends!

Thanks. Deleting TeratoScenes seems to have fixed the problem for now. Will just have to wait until it get updated before I add it again.

Also tried redownloading PoV Redux before I tried that, but the issue still remained, so that wasn't the culprit.

5 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Dunno if TeratoScenes is updated, haven't checked their files, but i did toss TemTem a working version of the Cutscene mod, so that shouldn't be the problem.

And well, i was saying you should update your PoV Redux, because well, i uploaded the mod, and made a mistake, that caused that exact error. The same version number, but fixed now, so try that if you wouldn't mind. Or succumb to fear of change?

Other than that, only things that haven't been tested or might be a problem, are vaguely Monster Hormones, Expanded Dialogues, and as mentioned before, the TeratoScenes mod.

I don't see an updated TeratoScenes file unless it's in the support section which I still don't see, and I can confirm that the current version stops sex from happening, at least with the current updated files for Redux and SBR. I don't have Monster Hormones but Expanded Dialogues doesn't seem to mess with anything regarding the actual function of sex but I'm too lazy to go in and see if the extra dialogue actually appears ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Terato Scenes isn't on the front page as updated, so I assume they didn't yet publish the fix. I'll update it in the compatible mod list once they do.

But now that you mention it...

... Extended Dialogues too is ppartially incompatible, and using it will currently just remove all notifications.

5 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

... Extended Dialogues too is ppartially incompatible, and using it will currently just remove all notifications.

alroght i got off my lazy ass and went in and tested it and this is true if I'm understanding correctly

How do I interact with crewmembers? Only mods I have installed are FU, this one, and the aphrodite bow. Crew members never interact with objects like tables (regular npcs are just fine), and aphrodite's bow doesn't change their state like how it does on regular npcs. Rest of the mods are all working properly

12 minutes ago, BruhhLmaoo said:

How do I interact with crewmembers? Only mods I have installed are FU, this one, and the aphrodite bow. Crew members never interact with objects like tables (regular npcs are just fine), and aphrodite's bow doesn't change their state like how it does on regular npcs. Rest of the mods are all working properly

Two words: Fracking Universe. Every NPC type that FU touches is forcibly broken.

Okay i found out that switching force all positions to true was causing the issue, now the only bugs i'm experiencing are npc auto-climax and pregnancy tests not working.

Edited by R654
20 minutes ago, R654 said:

Okay i found out that switching force all positions to true was causing the issue, now the only bugs i'm experiencing are npc auto-climax and pregnancy tests not working.

Are you saying that turning the setting "force all positions" ON made NO positions ever show up?

And we are, once again, gonna need more information than "auto-climax and pregnency tests not working".

I'm also getting the invisible actors bug. I tested it and it's being caused by Lustbound,  it seems like the patch may not be working. Removing any other mods does not resolve the issue and there are no errors as long as Lustbound Base is disabled. Log enclosed but here are the errors:

[Error] Could not apply patch from file /sexbound.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Lustbound Base.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'futanari' in pathApply("/actor/plugins/futanari/enable")

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'openUI')

[Error] [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:140: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

starbound.log.4

Figure I should probably provide an image of the bug occurring as well. As you can see, my character became invisible upon interacting with the node.

835467999_Starbound3_8_20239_46_13PM.png.8d0e4b099b0812df5b21a8c547e564bc.png

Edited by CatKing13
Added Image
43 minutes ago, CatKing13 said:

I'm also getting the invisible actors bug. I tested it and it's being caused by Lustbound,  it seems like the patch may not be working. Removing any other mods does not resolve the issue and there are no errors as long as Lustbound Base is disabled. Log enclosed but here are the errors:

[Error] Could not apply patch from file /sexbound.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Lustbound Base.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'futanari' in pathApply("/actor/plugins/futanari/enable")

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:1: attempt to call a nil value (method 'openUI')

[Error] [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:140: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Figure I should probably provide an image of the bug occurring as well. As you can see, my character became invisible upon interacting with the node.

Assuming that your log is from a run where you had Lustbound normally installed and set up and where you expect it to work normally, the error is quite simple.

You didn't install the patch. You installed the Aphrodite's Bow patch, but not the Lustbound one.

18 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Assuming that your log is from a run where you had Lustbound normally installed and set up and where you expect it to work normally, the error is quite simple.

You didn't install the patch. You installed the Aphrodite's Bow patch, but not the Lustbound one.

Not quite, but you did get me thinking. The issue was that I foolishly used WinRar on the patch without thinking and it split the patch into separate files. Sorry about the trouble.

I have run across some bugs during my time of trying this out.

1. NPCs don't auto climax at all. Even with the setting in the config turned on. I have also tried with various genders of NPCs and players and still nothing. NPC on NPC still works though.

2. The post-climax transition frames are broken on some nodes. For example on the SxB Titanium bed in the standing position, the characters would be on the floor but then briefly be shown standing on the bed as the frames play. Then go back to standing on the floor like normal.

3. When a female character is lying on a bed in the idle position, some pixels are seen floating above their feet. Possibly the nipples of them.

There is also one more bug that was present in the original API that would be nice to have fixed in Reborn. That is anything that is suppose to remove a pregnancy from a NPC doesn't work. Like EB's Remorseful Whip for example. It doesn't work in Reborn or the original API, however it did work on an older original API version I had laying around, version 4.2.0-Beta to be exact.

I don't have any other mods installed that should interfere with Reborn, Like Cutebound, NPCSpawner+ or EBs Whips. I was using a fresh install on new characters to test this out. There are also no errors in the log at all apart from missing POV artwork from it not being installed.

Oh and one more thing. Just personal preference, but It would be nice to have a setting to turn off SexTalk on players completely even when its just a player and NPC.
I did try to replace the current Lua file with the ORG one in the files, it worked but it broke badly when more then 2 actors were in a node.

26 minutes ago, Zhalon said:

I have run across some bugs during my time of trying this out.

1. NPCs don't auto climax at all. Even with the setting in the config turned on. I have also tried with various genders of NPCs and players and still nothing. NPC on NPC still works though.

2. The post-climax transition frames are broken on some nodes. For example on the SxB Titanium bed in the standing position, the characters would be on the floor but then briefly be shown standing on the bed as the frames play. Then go back to standing on the floor like normal.

3. When a female character is lying on a bed in the idle position, some pixels are seen floating above their feet. Possibly the nipples of them.

There is also one more bug that was present in the original API that would be nice to have fixed in Reborn. That is anything that is suppose to remove a pregnancy from a NPC doesn't work. Like EB's Remorseful Whip for example. It doesn't work in Reborn or the original API, however it did work on an older original API version I had laying around, version 4.2.0-Beta to be exact.

I don't have any other mods installed that should interfere with Reborn, Like Cutebound, NPCSpawner+ or EBs Whips. I was using a fresh install on new characters to test this out. There are also no errors in the log at all apart from missing POV artwork from it not being installed.

Oh and one more thing. Just personal preference, but It would be nice to have a setting to turn off SexTalk on players completely even when its just a player and NPC.
I did try to replace the current Lua file with the ORG one in the files, it worked but it broke badly when more then 2 actors were in a node.

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

1. The "NPC on NPC still works" part tells me that everything seems to working as intended. NPCs never auto-climax when a player is present, to give the player control (and because getting a special climax would be physically impossible). If there are more people interested in NPCs just doing whatever they want than I anticipated I can consider adding another option for it, otherwise potential reworks of the entire climax system and corresponsing NPC AI are considered for a future update,

2. I'd like to ask you to create an Issue on GitHub to track all occurences of this bug.

3. For this too I'd like you to create an Issue to keep track of all occurences. I did try to remove all the stray nipples multiple times, but looking through a ~10k lines long JSON file (or rather, two JSON files) is tiresome work and at some point I stopped receiving feedback for sightings of floating nipples.

4. This is the first time I'm hearing about this bug. I will look into it when EB's whips are subject of a compatibility check/patch.

5. In order to disable sextalk on the player globally, go into the main "sexbound.config" and add "npc" to the "entityType" list of the sextalk plugin. The plugin config is near the end of the config file, and make sure add it with "". Use a JSON validator if needed to check if you made an error in modifying the config. This will make the sextalk plugin only load on NPCs.