[mod] Sexbound Reborn

1 hour ago, monkeydomonkydont said:

That worked thx a lot but now onother problem comes up that when i try to do sex whit a npc i go invisible and tte npc just stands still there any idea what my cause this?

49 minutes ago, MakeAmends said:

All I can suggest is making sure your SBR and POV Redux files (if you use that mod) are the most recent updated files as those fixes were meant to fix those issues, or you can go through your mods to see if any are incompatible. Also remove TeratoScenes if you have that mod because it is confirmed to break SBR until temtem chooses to update it for compatibility. If it don't work then ask red or smth idk

Updaing POV Redux (and removing TeratoScenes for now) fix the UI breaking. The player going invisible is a different issue and mainly means that on of the node's scripts for actors crashes. This is most likely a mod incompatibility, so we will need the sacred log in order to say anything more about it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, RFLillian said:

I'm not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but the player nor the npcs drop the cum/ejaculant liquid? I made sure its all enabled, both that "climax" is enabled in the "sexbound" config, and that liquids are enabled in the "climax" config. Also, they don't climax automatically either, despite again, all of it being enabled. Any clues?

NPCs don't auto-climax when a player is in the node to control it. This is intended to give the player maximum control, and to enable special climaxes to be possible at all.

Liquids are spawned as part of "enableProjectiles" - when climaxing the spawn projectiles dropping to the ground spawning the liquid each burst. There can be multiple things "wrong" with this. E.g., if you are on a 1 tile high floor, there can be the possibility of offsets resulting in the projectile spawning/dropping below the floor. When you are not in an enclosed room (no background material) the liquid also automatically disappears, as it's "flowing away".

If you accounted for all of these scenarios and still there is no liquid spawning when you expect it to, it's time to go bug hunting.

3 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Updaing POV Redux (and removing TeratoScenes for now) fix the UI breaking. The player going invisible is a different issue and mainly means that on of the node's scripts for actors crashes. This is most likely a mod incompatibility, so we will need the sacred log in order to say anything more about it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

NPCs don't auto-climax when a player is in the node to control it. This is intended to give the player maximum control, and to enable special climaxes to be possible at all.

Liquids are spawned as part of "enableProjectiles" - when climaxing the spawn projectiles dropping to the ground spawning the liquid each burst. There can be multiple things "wrong" with this. E.g., if you are on a 1 tile high floor, there can be the possibility of offsets resulting in the projectile spawning/dropping below the floor. When you are not in an enclosed room (no background material) the liquid also automatically disappears, as it's "flowing away".

If you accounted for all of these scenarios and still there is no liquid spawning when you expect it to, it's time to go bug hunting.

I noticed when I enable the node, it says "idling", is there a way to get it to start animation? I seem to remember it being automatic in the original sexbound, so I suppose for the maximum control aspect that changed?

1 hour ago, RFLillian said:

I noticed when I enable the node, it says "idling", is there a way to get it to start animation? I seem to remember it being automatic in the original sexbound, so I suppose for the maximum control aspect that changed?

Just click on one of the available positions. And yes, it was changed to allow for solo actor positions and control.

Oh hey, this is neat!  I remember playing with Sexbound for quite a while, mainly for the pregnancy mechanics, limited as they were, and it's neat to see this Reborn mod improving on that!

Which is part of why I'm postin' now...  One thing I've always wished for, but did see the difficulty of including, was having pregnant bellies being visible outside of sex nodes.  I know a way it could be done, though, although it would add a required mod...

There's a vore mod I use called Starbecue, but the creator made an external mod called "Animation Overrides" that handles the animation parts and is vore-free itself; it allows Starbecue to do such things such as overlaying bellies independent of costume (with leg overlay so legs appear in front when it makes sense), transformation of player and NPC species and gender (I met a floran, shenanigans happened, my character became a floran for a while), and other fun things.

Using that animation overrides mod should make it possible for pregnancy, and perhaps other things, to be visibly shown outside of sex nodes!

image.png

12 hours ago, MakeAmends said:

All I can suggest is making sure your SBR and POV Redux files (if you use that mod) are the most recent updated files as those fixes were meant to fix those issues, or you can go through your mods to see if any are incompatible. Also remove TeratoScenes if you have that mod because it is confirmed to break SBR until temtem chooses to update it for compatibility. If it don't work then ask red or smth idk

okay i didn't realize that the lustbound files u sent were the most up to date ones as i used the one that were in the download links on the lustbound page as now when i replaced to the up to date ones it works no more invisible charecters

On 3/6/2023 at 1:09 PM, Erina Sugino said:

Compatible Mods

A list of mods currently known to be compatible with Sexbound Reborn. Everything else is considered incompatible for now and to be tested at your own risk.

I'm assuming based on this logic that Lewdbound is incompatible (at least partially).

2 hours ago, cozan said:

I'm assuming based on this logic that Lewdbound is incompatible (at least partially).

From my testing, no, most, if not all features of Lewdbound appear to work. Custom climax fluids, the magazines, the lewdguns, etc. but mainly the mattresses. All appear to work on my end. If it doesn't, do tell me so i can update whatever doesn't work.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

From my testing, no, most, if not all features of Lewdbound appear to work. Custom climax fluids, the magazines, the lewdguns, etc. but mainly the mattresses. All appear to work on my end. If it doesn't, do tell me so i can update whatever doesn't work.

Thank you for all your hard work. I do have a Lewdbound bug to report:

Log: https://pastebin.com/nCPnwVmH (gives me an error when trying to attach the file so i uploaded to pastebin)

Using the Shoggoth custom race, with it's SxB patch. The Shoggoth Lewdgun makes the enemy invulnerable, instead of turning it into a node.

On the attached log, at 9:27, is when i replicate the issue. At 9:29 i test the human lewdgun, and it works without issues, even though the log shows an error for a missing 'futanari' key. I used a male character without futanari changes, fresh from char creation.

Cheers. :)

17 minutes ago, MyPingIsHuge said:

Thank you for all your hard work. I do have a Lewdbound bug to report:

Log: https://pastebin.com/nCPnwVmH (gives me an error when trying to attach the file so i uploaded to pastebin)

Using the Shoggoth custom race, with it's SxB patch. The Shoggoth Lewdgun makes the enemy invulnerable, instead of turning it into a node.

On the attached log, at 9:27, is when i replicate the issue. At 9:29 i test the human lewdgun, and it works without issues, even though the log shows an error for a missing 'futanari' key. I used a male character without futanari changes, fresh from char creation.

Cheers. :)

The Futanari error is harmless, it's a failed patch from Lustbound, that tries to remove the gender-lock on futas, to allow males to be futas (At the time, required to trigger the transformation into Cuntboys), now in Reborn, it just does not need it, but tries anyway.

As for the error itself, the Shoggoth Lewd Goodies is different than Lewdbound, not by me, and as such, it makes sense that if it's outdated, it'll cause issues. Likely refers to an extremely old change to the effect of the Aphrodite's Bow, when the effect was changed from "lust" to "sexbound_mind_control". It doesn't actually control minds, just turns NPCs and Monsters into nodes.

So yeah, Lewdbound working properly, not so much for the Shog addon. Sadly with SirBumpleton out of the modding game, those mods will remain outdated.

13 hours ago, Argobarg_Soup said:

Oh hey, this is neat!  I remember playing with Sexbound for quite a while, mainly for the pregnancy mechanics, limited as they were, and it's neat to see this Reborn mod improving on that!

Which is part of why I'm postin' now...  One thing I've always wished for, but did see the difficulty of including, was having pregnant bellies being visible outside of sex nodes.  I know a way it could be done, though, although it would add a required mod...

There's a vore mod I use called Starbecue, but the creator made an external mod called "Animation Overrides" that handles the animation parts and is vore-free itself; it allows Starbecue to do such things such as overlaying bellies independent of costume (with leg overlay so legs appear in front when it makes sense), transformation of player and NPC species and gender (I met a floran, shenanigans happened, my character became a floran for a while), and other fun things.

Using that animation overrides mod should make it possible for pregnancy, and perhaps other things, to be visibly shown outside of sex nodes!

Trust me, many a horny dweebs - including myself - have wished for this for ages. It's one of the first things I desperately looked into when starting modding Sexbound, and one of the last things I still haven't given up upon today. There were many ideas on how to do it over time, but each has their own notable drawbacks.

A custom animator on the entity, just like sexbound does inside the sexnode but for the freely walking around character, seems like the most promising variant. However, comes with at least one major drawback: Even ignoring the incredible complexity and frailty of replicating every single animation state vanilla Starbound has for the entities, as well as the performance issues arising from doing Starbound's work twice, for every entity, on a lower scripting level with delay and limitations - the biggest problem, which you yourself should have also run into if you have used this mod with sexbound, is that it breaks a small but crucial core mechanic sexbound relies upon. In order to display the shadow actor in the sexnode, the original entity is turned invisible via status effect that sets a single directive (native Starbound feature). This, however, obviously doesn't work when the actual entity is already invisible, because a custom animator renders on top of it. The character hence cannot turn invisible again and just stays there as an akward clone. This is a problem of every custom animator, just like Futura's Dragon Engine too.

I am still looking into what would be the best alternative to attempt doing this in the long run.

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Trust me, many a horny dweebs - including myself - have wished for this for ages. It's one of the first things I desperately looked into when starting modding Sexbound, and one of the last things I still haven't given up upon today. There were many ideas on how to do it over time, but each has their own notable drawbacks.

A custom animator on the entity, just like sexbound does inside the sexnode but for the freely walking around character, seems like the most promising variant. However, comes with at least one major drawback: Even ignoring the incredible complexity and frailty of replicating every single animation state vanilla Starbound has for the entities, as well as the performance issues arising from doing Starbound's work twice, for every entity, on a lower scripting level with delay and limitations - the biggest problem, which you yourself should have also run into if you have used this mod with sexbound, is that it breaks a small but crucial core mechanic sexbound relies upon. In order to display the shadow actor in the sexnode, the original entity is turned invisible via status effect that sets a single directive (native Starbound feature). This, however, obviously doesn't work when the actual entity is already invisible, because a custom animator renders on top of it. The character hence cannot turn invisible again and just stays there as an akward clone. This is a problem of every custom animator, just like Futura's Dragon Engine too.

I am still looking into what would be the best alternative to attempt doing this in the long run.

There's a utility mod called Armor Adapt, this could be used to have a pregnant belly graphic equipped on a torso. Though i doubt that this method could be used to swap armor pieces if you have a sprite adapted for them.

12 minutes ago, angrykiwi said:

There's a utility mod called Armor Adapt, this could be used to have a pregnant belly graphic equipped on a torso. Though i doubt that this method could be used to swap armor pieces if you have a sprite adapted for them.

I know of that mod and it's capabilities - however if you find a madlad that's willing to create a copy of every single armor chestpiece in the game + every modded armor you want to support times every vanilla species in the game + every modded species that you want to support just to draw armors with pregnant bellies for them; let me know!

10 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

I can actually counteract part of that with what I just tested!  I just installed Sexbound Reborn on top of my current installation after backing up my characters and universe, loaded up a character I made for testing, had Starbecue's systems active on said character, made a Sexbound sex node, and used it; complete lack of a clone!  None of Starbecue's extra bits remained visible either.

...Even more interesting was how Starbecue's TF system worked with the sexnode; my test character was male, and when I turned him female through Starbecue, the character was female on the bed.  And was considered female for the purposes of who could penetrate who...

Species transformations, well... character was the right species, just didn't get Starbecue's colors and instead tried to apply my original human directives to apex sprites.

That being said, I do see some of your other points, as Starbecue does have some slowdown issues thanks to Starbound being Starbound, and Animation Overrides has Futara Dragons on a list of "do not activate for this species"...

Edited by Argobarg_Soup
14 hours ago, Argobarg_Soup said:

I can actually counteract part of that with what I just tested!  I just installed Sexbound Reborn on top of my current installation after backing up my characters and universe, loaded up a character I made for testing, had Starbecue's systems active on said character, made a Sexbound sex node, and used it; complete lack of a clone!  None of Starbecue's extra bits remained visible either.

...Even more interesting was how Starbecue's TF system worked with the sexnode; my test character was male, and when I turned him female through Starbecue, the character was female on the bed.  And was considered female for the purposes of who could penetrate who...

Species transformations, well... character was the right species, just didn't get Starbecue's colors and instead tried to apply my original human directives to apex sprites.

That being said, I do see some of your other points, as Starbecue does have some slowdown issues thanks to Starbound being Starbound, and Animation Overrides has Futara Dragons on a list of "do not activate for this species"...

If the devs behind Starbecue/Animation Overrides have indeed built in a solution to solve this incompatibility issue, it might be an interesting solution. Will have to wait to see it though. Would be a nice change of pace, a breath of fresh air even, given fetish-centered developers have been hostile in the past, doing what we chose not to; Working on supports without contacting the OG developers first, and then refusing to cooperate/communicate about features.

I don't know the capabilities of the Animation Overrides mod, and how difficult/friendly it'd be to implement, so after a good look, and proof the mods can cooperate, we might get something out of it, but adding more dependencies to a mod is always a extremely difficult decision.

Edited by red3dred
Fixing muh typos.
On 3/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, red3dred said:

If the devs behind Starbecue/Animation Overrides have indeed built in a solution to solve this incompatibility issue, it might be an interesting solution. Will have to wait to see it though. Would be a nice change of pace, a breath of fresh air even, given fetish-centered developers have been hostile in the past, doing what we chose not to; Working on supports without contacting the OG developers first, and then refusing to cooperate/communicate about features.

I don't know the capabilities of the Animation Overrides mod, and how difficult/friendly it'd be to implement, so after a good look, and proof the mods can cooperate, we might get something out of it, but adding more dependencies to a mod is always a extremely difficult decision.

Yah, more dependencies is a difficult decision indeed.

I don't think Animation Overrides specifically has a solution for the incompatibility, I just know that when I did my testing, I didn't see that incompatibility Erina mentioned of having a visible clone character that couldn't be made invisible; my character, with Starbecue's stuff active, didn't have any animation issues hopping into a Sexbound sex node.  And it also has a species blacklist, so it can be made to not activate for species if those species use their own animator, like the Futara Dragons.  AnimOverrides is basically just a library mod for overriding the player's animations, that Starbecue makes extensive use of.

It might not even need to be a dependency for Sexbound, it could be an external sexbound addon mod that has belly sprites and tweaks pregnancy to activate animation overrides, I believe...

It could all be just wishful thinking, but I just wanted ta mention it as a possibility, with what I've seen Starbecue able ta do with it.

Edited by Argobarg_Soup

Can you please not have it complain endlessly about incompatible beds? Simply loading onto a planet with, for example, a Felin settlement will result in unending pop-ups from the ship AI even even a single bed is around. Surely you could just display the warning once per object type, or specifically only when the player is trying to bone on the bed?

9 hours ago, Dickbuttocksky said:

I'm having a problem where my character is just standing without doing anything when interacting with the NPC. I've downloaded all the patches for the other mods, and tried reinstalling the mod, but the problem is still there.

starbound.log 40.02 kB · 0 downloads

You have an outdated version of POV Redux breaking the UI.

1 hour ago, PantiesDown said:

Can you please not have it complain endlessly about incompatible beds? Simply loading onto a planet with, for example, a Felin settlement will result in unending pop-ups from the ship AI even even a single bed is around. Surely you could just display the warning once per object type, or specifically only when the player is trying to bone on the bed?

Sexbound (Reborn) does not have any kind of "incompatible bed" warning messages that get sent through SAIL. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Erina Sugino
4 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Sexbound (Reborn) does not have any kind of "incompatible bed" warning messages that get sent through SAIL. You're barking up the wrong tree.

So I am - while it is technically as a result of using reborn, it's specifically because the felin compatibility mod apparently doesn't like reborn. Snipping the bed files out of it seems to work just fine and the beds still work as expected even so.

4 hours ago, PantiesDown said:

So I am - while it is technically as a result of using reborn, it's specifically because the felin compatibility mod apparently doesn't like reborn. Snipping the bed files out of it seems to work just fine and the beds still work as expected even so.

The felin support in general has this problem, they wrote their bed patches based on a very old version that doesn't have a good "version check" value. Happens, simply a tweak in the bed patch.

40 minutes ago, ImperialWill said:

Is this mod [...] Frackin' friendly?

laugh-spider-man.gif

Nothing in this world is "Frackin' friendly". Not even FU is FU friendly. So no, no this mod is not Frackin' friendly. If you're lucky they might be able to peacefully co-exist.  If Sayter gets pissed again he may break accidental compatibility just for fun again.

Memeing aside, I have no idea about the other two mods. Don't even know what they do, never played with them. Since they seem to not be adult mods relying on Sexbound, if they worked "with" old SxB they will most likely be able to co-exist just as peacefully with SBR.

I don't really care about Sayter, and I hear they have a bit of a well-deserved bad reputation, but I do still like the mod. I know it seems to coexist with original SxB, so I was hoping this new model of SxB would too.

If Sayter does get pissed again, fuck them. It shouldn't be too hard to undo it with a new patch or update.