[mod] Sexbound Reborn

Well, since FU, too, is no SxB specific adult mod,  when old SxB co-existed well SBR should co-exist just as well, as all the changes done do SBR affect SxB internal mechanics. If they generally work (i.e. noone overriding our hooks and such) the rest doesn't matter anymore.

1 hour ago, ImperialWill said:

Is this mod Elithian, ShellGuard, and especially Frackin' friendly?

I play with Elithian and ShellGuard, seemingly nothing wrong with either mod and SxB, though with Elithian they don't have any support mods at all (and it will likely stay that way since idk how the mod creator would react to a question on compatability). So the Avikan and Aegi just default to bald humans when turned into nodes. Shellguard shouldnt have any complications since it has no new races or anything like that. With SBR I'd assume it's the exact same way, I haven't tried it out just yet but I see no reason why either of these 2 mods should break anything 

50 minutes ago, Apex-Fox said:

I'm confused on how pregnacy works.

If you're talking about the inner workings of the mod on default settings:

Female players get a status effect every couple in-game days, lasting for one in-game day (default 840 seconds length). This is their ovulation period, and the status effect has the text "Unsafe Day". If you have unprotected sex during this period, every climax of the male partner during a penetrating position has a 50% chance to impregnate. When this happens, between 60-180 seconds later you will get a notification, vaguely hinting at you being pregnant. The pregnancy will take 6-9 in-game days - halfway through which you will see another status effect indicating the pregnancy, and the pregnant belly sprite will show up during sex. During any stage of the pregnancy (after the initial 60-180 seconds delay) you can use a pregnancytest to check your status. When the pregnancy is close to being done, the pregnancy test will give more detailed information. When the pregnancy is over, you will get a dialogue prompt asking you if you want to give birth now or delay it by a day. If you choose "Now" an additional dialogue prompt opens, asking you to name the baby. Do that (or choose random) and the new NPC will spawn. Keep in mind that someone has reported that it is possible all currently born babies will be bald due to a bug.

NPCs skip all the additional step. Every time someone climaxes into a female NPC raw, there is a 10% chance for successful impregnation. This will immediately be notified. The pregnancy takes the same 6-9 in-game days (actual day length of current planet), but will of course only update or notifiy when the world is loaded.

...if, however, you are asking how they work in real life, you shouldn't be here.

Edited by Erina Sugino
38 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

If you're talking about the inner workings of the mod on default settings:

Female players get a status effect every couple in-game days, lasting for one in-game day (default 840 seconds length). This is their ovulation period, and the status effect has the text "Unsafe Day". If you have unprotected sex during this period, every climax of the male partner during a penetrating position has a 50% chance to impregnate. When this happens, between 60-180 seconds later you will get a notification, vaguely hinting at you being pregnant. The pregnancy will take 6-9 in-game days - halfway through which you will see another status effect indicating the pregnancy, and the pregnant belly sprite will show up during sex. During any stage of the pregnancy (after the initial 60-180 seconds delay) you can use a pregnancytest to check your status. When the pregnancy is close to being done, the pregnancy test will give more detailed information. When the pregnancy is over, you will get a dialogue prompt asking you if you want to give birth now or delay it by a day. If you choose "Now" an additional dialogue prompt opens, asking you to name the baby. Do that (or choose random) and the new NPC will spawn. Keep in mind that someone has reported that it is possible all currently born babies will be bald due to a bug.

NPCs skip all the additional step. Every time someone climaxes into a female NPC raw, there is a 10% chance for successful impregnation. This will immediately be notified. The pregnancy takes the same 6-9 in-game days (actual day length of current planet), but will of course only update or notifiy when the world is loaded.

...if, however, you are asking how they work in real life, you shouldn't be here.

thanks

1 hour ago, Bandit_of_Trash said:

I have no I idea what is wrong. I request assistance.

(Took a few tries to get the file due to LL issues, pardon the delay)
... There is a LOT of things wrong with your mod list, i... honestly don't know where to start...

Several local mods aren't recognized/ don't have a readable Metadata? Despite being PAK files instaled locally.
You have quite a few mixture of mods for Sexbound (Base, not Reborn), and there's a odd mixture of errors too.
From Sexbound errors, that constantly pop-up (Such as futanari patch not working?) to actual crashes in Sexbound, and then ending up with a unrelated fatal error about the Renamon mod and it's claws.

... i would assume some mod is overwriting Reborn, or at least breaking some scripts, but to such a small degree that most things still seem to work fine...? It's really hard to understand...

Edited by red3dred
4 hours ago, idkwhattoname said:

I have installed Reborn and uninstalled the original version but it doesn't launch and I'm not sure why

I don't need a log to tell you, you've installed Reborn incorrectly. You likely got a ton of random folders in your Mods folder now like "artwork", "scripts", "objects" etc. no?

On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

Edited by red3dred

So... I have tryed to use this mods. Everythings works fine just one thing which i used the PoV 4.2.0 wit the Reborn, it doesn't show the little screen of it... 

image.png.4d4ee033684e0a6ea33e90e3663b2454.png

PS : Nevermind is cause i used an race that isn't having modded for it yet ( Ningen )

Edited by Arkayda
24 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

I too don't know what's wrong. Have you tried using words to explain what is supposed to be wrong?

when I start an interaction with a monster, in addition to the UI not appearing, the animation itself does not happen either, the character is stuck next to the gleap as shown in the image
Just now, Pepino280 said:
when I start an interaction with a monster, in addition to the UI not appearing, the animation itself does not happen either, the character is stuck next to the gleap as shown in the image

and sometimes the UI even appears, but without the positions and animation it doesn't happen either

1 hour ago, Pepino280 said:

I don't know what's wrongstarbound.logimage.png.94f27fe086841e5665abd82214e57c92.png

Your attached log isn't loading for me (LoversLab says unavailable and trying to click on it leads me to a missing file page)

So yeah, if Erina didn't ask to explain earlier we wouldn't know anything. Please try posting the log file again, and if that still refuses to load, please try using PasteBin so we may see the log and provide proper help.

All i can say for now, is that it does sound like an error, unless you messed with configs to enable the "all positions all the time" feature, which currently has some bugs, but from what i'm reading earlier, sounds like the interface is breaking. Currently, the advice i can give is double-check that your mods are up to date for Reborn (PoV, Terato-Cutscenes, etc) and make sure you have patches for any other side-mods such as Lustbound and Aphrodite's Bow.

7 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Your attached log isn't loading for me (LoversLab says unavailable and trying to click on it leads me to a missing file page)

So yeah, if Erina didn't ask to explain earlier we wouldn't know anything. Please try posting the log file again, and if that still refuses to load, please try using PasteBin so we may see the log and provide proper help.

All i can say for now, is that it does sound like an error, unless you messed with configs to enable the "all positions all the time" feature, which currently has some bugs, but from what i'm reading earlier, sounds like the interface is breaking. Currently, the advice i can give is double-check that your mods are up to date for Reborn (PoV, Terato-Cutscenes, etc) and make sure you have patches for any other side-mods such as Lustbound and Aphrodite's Bow.

starbound log - Pastebin.com

starbound log.txt

1 hour ago, Pepino280 said:

?

Nice, a log. Finally! Some good logging.

Jokes apart, let's take a look, and instantly, i see the poorly installed local mods as shown:

Spoiler

image.png.3c7a3f1e259bb60630fbf9f31a8a75b2.png

Positions, monsters and artwork... Hmmm... Dunno what mod that is but it won't work like that.

As for the actual issue, you have multiple versions of Terato-Cutscenes installed, one is replacing the other. Make sure to update and remove the older version. The game may pick the wrong version to load!

[20:09:40.458] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Sexbound_DeerfolkFullDeerNonTaur' named 'sexbound_deerfolk' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\SxB - Bipedal Deerfolk.pak'
[20:09:40.598] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Lustbound_Base.pak' named 'lustbound_base' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\SxB - Lustbound Base (Updated)'
[20:09:40.631] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\SxB_-_TemTems_Teratoscenes.pak' named 'sexbound_TeratophiliaScenesPack' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\TeratophiliaScenes'

This is likely the cause, but let's see the actual error... Yep, the "triggerUpdate" error. Means either PoV or Teratoscenes is outdated, and you got both, so make sure to use the latest version of them, and not have the old one installed still!

9 minutes ago, idkwhattoname said:

image.png.3a901fa75f42089a6b1a29b63f181a5d.png

this is the Sxb Reborn folder

Well, close but not quite. Those are two mods that you put inside a folder, thus making the game thing they're a single mod.

Move Reborn Config and Reborn H2 out of there and into the mods folder, and try again.

14 hours ago, red3dred said:

Nice, a log. Finally! Some good logging.

Jokes apart, let's take a look, and instantly, i see the poorly installed local mods as shown:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3c7a3f1e259bb60630fbf9f31a8a75b2.png

Positions, monsters and artwork... Hmmm... Dunno what mod that is but it won't work like that.

As for the actual issue, you have multiple versions of Terato-Cutscenes installed, one is replacing the other. Make sure to update and remove the older version. The game may pick the wrong version to load!

[20:09:40.458] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Sexbound_DeerfolkFullDeerNonTaur' named 'sexbound_deerfolk' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\SxB - Bipedal Deerfolk.pak'
[20:09:40.598] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\Lustbound_Base.pak' named 'lustbound_base' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\SxB - Lustbound Base (Updated)'
[20:09:40.631] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\SxB_-_TemTems_Teratoscenes.pak' named 'sexbound_TeratophiliaScenesPack' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\TeratophiliaScenes'

This is likely the cause, but let's see the actual error... Yep, the "triggerUpdate" error. Means either PoV or Teratoscenes is outdated, and you got both, so make sure to use the latest version of them, and not have the old one installed still!

now it's working properly thanks for the help

1 hour ago, luciodark said:

I suppose having the 'everything can impregnate everything' turned on is pretty self-explanatory, but I certainly didn't expect to impregnate a male NPC while using a strap-on.

The name says it - everything can impregnate everything. Old setting from original sexbound that at this point exists solely for debug and meme purposes. It just bypasses any and all pregnancy checks and reduces the whole mechanic to "climax => baby"