1 minute ago, Wonders of Eros said:

The two first standalone downloads of the January Update. More will be coming tomorrow and over the coming days.

Ok (I meant so say that is the Hippotem race the first standalone race download). Make sure that the nexus page has the standalone downloads available, now we don't have to replace the Minotaur textures in order to play as a Hippotem.

1 minute ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Ok (I meant so say that is the Hippotem race the first standalone race download). Make sure that the nexus page has the standalone downloads available, now we don't have to replace the Minotaur textures in order to play as a Hippotem.

Unless some kind soul feels inclined to convert the races on my behalf, they will probably not be fully standalone for years. They are still dependent on their specified, prerequisite mods.

Just now, Wonders of Eros said:

Unless some kind soul feels inclined to convert the races on my behalf, they will probably not be fully standalone for years. They are still dependent on their specified, prerequisite mods.

Yeah. But at least they are separate selectable races on the race menu now.

1 minute ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Yeah. But at least they are separate selectable races on the race menu now.

I have no clue where you got this idea from, but whoever told you is lying.

Just now, TheGreatKhazoo said:

But will it be possible for your races to become separate races on the race menu in the future?

I will not go out of my way to make the races standalone for some time, but feel free to get in touch with Yiffy or some other modder doing similar projects to me and ask them to do it for you. One of them reached out to me last spring and made a standalone version of the Hippotem race, so maybe they would be willing to do it again.

6 hours ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

We can have Blaze69 create standalone selectable versions of your races, so you don't have to do it yourself.

I'm afraid I have no plans to work on any such projects for the time being.

DAY 3 of the JANUARY UPDATE:

PHP facial expressions for Rheenen.rar has been released.

(be warned: the gagged faces are still a bit off)

Edited by Wonders of Eros

DAY 4 of the JANUARY UPDATE:

I'm taking a well-deserved break from the update, but rest assured. The Argonian race morphs are going to be released in the coming days.

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have added a summary of the different versions of the Rheenen race that should help people make an informed decision on which version they should use. As I have stated before, each version comes with benefits and drawbacks.

4 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have added a summary of the different versions of the Rheenen race that should help people make an informed decision on which version they should use. As I have stated before, each version comes with benefits and drawbacks.

Quick question, are the Beaked Argonian and Short Faced Dragon Prototypes the Argonian Face morphs you are talking about?

5 hours ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Quick question, are the Beaked Argonian and Short Faced Dragon Prototypes the Argonian Face morphs you are talking about?

The Beaked morph, the Isaar morph, the Nog morph, the Short Faced Dragon morph, and perhaps another unannounced inclusion.

I forgot to reiterate in my last post that the Boegen facial expressions pack is of course also going to be released as part of the update.

8 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

The Beaked morph, the Isaar morph, the Nog morph, the Short Faced Dragon morph, and perhaps another unannounced inclusion.

I forgot to reiterate in my last post that the Boegen facial expressions pack is of course also going to be released as part of the update.

So. Will it be possible for you to release 4 new races at once?

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

The race morph presets that I am making for Argonians (and now also Khajiit) are being held back, mostly due to a dilemma that I am having at the moment.

As you all know, my races are all brand new species that were molded from the base of other existing mod races. Making a set of new textures for such a race not only makes sense, but is absolutely necessary. Moreover, because they are so fundamentally different from the races that they were originally based on, it also feels quite fair that you have to exchange texture files whenever you wish to switch between them and said races.

By contrast to these aforementioned races, the race morph presets are being made for vanilla races that have actual NPCs walking around in the game world. This means that it would not only be very excessive to create brand new texture sets for them, but that the new textures would make all NPCs belonging to the base race look abnormal. The reason I bring this up is because the presets in question include RaceMenu body-paint overlays from various different mods to enhance the effect of looking like a new phenotype or race. A RaceMenu preset should not crash anyone's game even if they are dependent on body-paint textures from absent mods, but what will likely happen is that I will share two versions of each preset. One version will include third party body-paints, while the other will not. Mind you, when I say "include," I am not talking about including the actual textures of the body-paints themselves, just references within the presets that will add said textures if the mods are present.

As an example, here is a race morph for Khajiit that I am planning to release.

image.gif.f026f53b5db3db6dc630f934f798972c.gif

image.thumb.png.710d8bf99a8f143e2a7f6cb9f06f6a8f.png

On 1/19/2024 at 12:12 PM, Wonders of Eros said:

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

The race morph presets that I am making for Argonians (and now also Khajiit) are being held back, mostly due to a dilemma that I am having at the moment.

As you all know, my races are all brand new species that were molded from the base of other existing mod races. Making a set of new textures for such a race not only makes sense, but is absolutely necessary. Moreover, because they are so fundamentally different from the races that they were originally based on, it also feels quite fair that you have to exchange texture files whenever you wish to switch between them and said races.

By contrast to these aforementioned races, the race morph presets are being made for vanilla races that have actual NPCs walking around in the game world. This means that it would not only be very excessive to create brand new texture sets for them, but that the new textures would make all NPCs belonging to the base race look abnormal. The reason I bring this up is because the presets in question include RaceMenu body-paint overlays from various different mods to enhance the effect of looking like a new phenotype or race. A RaceMenu preset should not crash anyone's game even if they are dependent on body-paint textures from absent mods, but what will likely happen is that I will share two versions of each preset. One version will include third party body-paints, while the other will not. Mind you, when I say "include," I am not talking about including the actual textures of the body-paints themselves, just references within the presets that will add said textures if the mods are present.

As an example, here is a race morph for Khajiit that I am planning to release.

image.gif.f026f53b5db3db6dc630f934f798972c.gif

image.thumb.png.710d8bf99a8f143e2a7f6cb9f06f6a8f.png

Was that dilemma the race menu mod not being updated for the lasted Skyrim update? If so, then the dilemma no longer exists for now.

3 hours ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Was that dilemma the race menu mod not being updated for the lasted Skyrim update? If so, then the dilemma no longer exists for now.

I literally explained the dilemma in the post.

What you suggest would not be a problem regardless, since I am still on the last patch before Anniversary was released. My mod build, which consists of literally thousands of mods, would stop working if I updated. That said, my races will work for anyone regardless of whether they are on a pre-AE build or post-AE build.

The reason things are taking some time is because I have many different projects that I work on. I have simply been preoccupied, but I will release the race morphs soon enough. Definitely before the end of the month.

5 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

I literally explained the dilemma in the post.

What you suggest would not be a problem regardless, since I am still on the last patch before Anniversary was released. My mod build, which consists of literally thousands of mods, would stop working if I updated. That said, my races will work for anyone regardless of whether they are on a pre-AE build or post-AE build.

The reason things are taking some time is because I have many different projects that I work on. I have simply been preoccupied, but I will release the race morphs soon enough. Definitely before the end of the month.

Oh. Sorry for the confusion.

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Sorry for the delay guys. I burned out during the latter half of January and took the opportunity to work on some of my other projects. The remaining content that was originally promised for the January Update but which went undelivered in that update will be released in an upcoming February Update instead. Development on a brand new race will also begin sometime in the immediate future.

I hope you all enjoyed the January Update! Here's to another successful year for the mod!

So after you learn how to use blender and update the races with unique tails. Maybe you can advertise this mod in the forums or something, and you can hire someone to make standalone selectable versions of your races so you don't have to do it yourself.

Edited by TheGreatKhazoo

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

With the February Update now on the way, I will soon begin development of at least two brand new races. There has never been a better time to go back to the polls.

Spoiler

9757b0d5b391447ef49485a9f6cfbbfc.thumb.png.56f0979904ebc59d6d58aed6a836fbbc.png

8 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

With the February Update now on the way, I will soon begin development of at least two brand new races. There has never been a better time to go back to the polls.

Reveal hidden contents

9757b0d5b391447ef49485a9f6cfbbfc.thumb.png.56f0979904ebc59d6d58aed6a836fbbc.png

Speaking of the polls, will you reset them and make a new poll after making a certain amount of races?