On 11/16/2023 at 8:16 AM, Wonders of Eros said:

If by "slime race" you mean some sort of deformed, gooey humanoid, then no. The know-how required to implement something like that -- especially if you want gooey parts to fall off the character as they move -- is way above me. I think you are going to have a really hard time getting anyone to do that unfortunately. Do not get me wrong, I like the idea, but it would be incredibly hard to implement, even for modders at the highest level.

There are definitely ways to create a see-through race (or a race with some sort of moving, water-texture overlay for skin), but if you would like to have organs with that serving, then I'm afraid you are gonna have to wait a good while, as it would necessitate the modeling and texturing of each individual organ. Rigging and Havok physics would not be hard to implement for a more experienced modder, and I will definitely get to that level some day since one of my personal goals with this entire collection is to eventually make an elephant race with a fully functional trunk and slowly flapping ears.

oh i dont mean anything like that. thats to much of a pain in the ass for anyone. just a simple one with the textures and maybe some other tweaks to make them less human like

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

With the poll having now been up for a full week, I have decided to act on the standing results. Mind you, just because I finish one item on the list does not mean that I wish people to stop voting. I keep track of the poll on a quite regular basis and wish people to vote on it indefinitely.

It has already become quite apparent that a majority of you want me to resume my Blender journey sooner rather than later, but I do consider it a long-term goal, so I will still take my sweet time with that one. Everything else is doable in the short term. The second most popular item on the list is the "Finish the "Isaar" prototype" option, so this is what I plan to do for this week. As things stand now, it is closely followed by the "Finish the "Beaked" prototype" and "Finish the facial expression packs you've been working on for existing RacesOfNature races" options, but depending on how you guys vote this week, things could obviously change.

• 3 weeks later...

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have been working on the Isaar race sporadically throughout the last two weeks, so things are finally moving again, albeit at an admittedly somewhat slow pace. Seeing as most of the Argonian-based races are already very close to completion, I imagine it will not take too long to finish things up. I am also planning the next, major race.

Great!

Would like to see some insects (mantis, moth) and arachnids, owl, then maybe an elephant.

Also, could you consider checking not kind of animal, but a hybrid character? Hoodwink from Dota 2, something between fox and squirrel.

There is a free 3d model, maybe could use it.

https://smutba.se/project/35002/

• 2 weeks later...

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Plenty of new content is incoming. It is all going to be released in a single, huge batch sometime before the end of the year, so stay tuned!

Besides multiple PHP facial expression packs for every existing RoN race, the batch will include multiple of the Argonian race morphs that I have advertised in my polls. I am releasing the morphs now rather than later because it will allow me to dedicate more time to the development of actual, brand new races; something that is long overdue. While on the topic, it is worth noting that I have already begun development of one new race, but multiple are in the pipeline.

As it is in part an attempt to make up for the many-months-long content drought, I hope that this update will be enough to sate your needs until the next major race is released.

Happy Holidays!

Posted (edited)

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

The update is not quite ready yet, but it is very close to completion. When it finally drops, the following items will be released as part of the update.

1. A vastly improved version of the Camlenthe race will be released as a standalone download:

The new version of the race includes an improved head mesh that is significantly closer to a real camel than the previous iteration.

2. A slightly edited version of Rheenen v2 will be released as a standalone download:

The mouth interior has been painstakingly re-sculpted to cover most see-through parts of the mesh. Such issues should now be far less prominent, especially from side angles, but things are still far from perfect. In short, the new version is an improvement over the previous iteration, but more changes will be needed in the future to get everything just right.

3. An edited version of the Hippotem race will be released as a standalone download:

The new version of the race has a smoother gradient on the head mesh and the corners of the mouth have been moved back slightly to better accommodate mouth-gags.

4. The following PoserHotkeysPlus facial expression packs will be released as standalone downloads:

PHP facial expressions for Boegen.rar

• RoN Boegen (angry)

• RoN Boegen (gagged)

• RoN Boegen (happy)

• RoN Boegen (misc)

• RoN Boegen (naughty)

• RoN Boegen (puzzled)

• RoN Boegen (sad)

• RoN Boegen (scared)

• RoN Boegen (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Camlenthe.rar

• RoN Camlenthe (angry)

• RoN Camlenthe (gagged)

• RoN Camlenthe (happy)

• RoN Camlenthe (misc)

• RoN Camlenthe (naughty)

• RoN Camlenthe (puzzled)

• RoN Camlenthe (sad)

• RoN Camlenthe (scared)

• RoN Camlenthe (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Hippotem.rar

• RoN Hippotem (angry)

• RoN Hippotem (gagged)

• RoN Hippotem (happy)

• RoN Hippotem (misc)

• RoN Hippotem (naughty)

• RoN Hippotem (puzzled)

• RoN Hippotem (sad)

• RoN Hippotem (scared)

• RoN Hippotem (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Rheenen.rar

• RoN Rheenen (angry)

• RoN Rheenen (gagged)

• RoN Rheenen (happy)

• RoN Rheenen (misc)

• RoN Rheenen (naughty)

• RoN Rheenen (puzzled)

• RoN Rheenen (sad)

• RoN Rheenen (scared)

• RoN Rheenen (surprised)

5. Multiple Argonian race morphs will be released as standalone downloads.

Edited by Wonders of Eros
1 hour ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Will you make male presets for the current races once you learn how to use blender?

I do not plan to make any actual male presets for my races, but I have outlined a way that should allow users to apply RoN race heads onto male characters.

8 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

I do not plan to make any actual male presets for my races, but I have outlined a way that should allow users to apply RoN race heads onto male characters.

Ok. But will you allow other people to make male presets for your races?

5 hours ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Ok. But will you allow other people to make male presets for your races?

Not only do I encourage people to make male presets, I would be more than happy to upload them officially. This would keep things "in-house," as it were, which makes the most sense and avoids unnecessary confusion for users. Any such work would naturally be credited to the user.

3 minutes ago, Wonders of Eros said:

Not only do I encourage people to make male presets, I would be more than happy to upload them officially. This would keep things "in-house," as it were, which makes the most sense and avoids unnecessary confusion for users. Any such work would naturally be credited to the user.

Ok. But do you plan on adding tails to your races after you learn how to use blender?

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that unless something unexpected comes up, the new content will be releasing sometime before the end of the weekend.

Just as a reminder to those who did not catch my earlier announcement; the update will consist of the following content:

1. A vastly improved version of the Camlenthe race will be released as a standalone download:

The new version of the race includes an improved head mesh that is significantly closer to a real camel than the previous iteration.

2. A slightly edited version of Rheenen v2 will be released as a standalone download:

The mouth interior has been painstakingly re-sculpted to cover most see-through parts of the mesh. Such issues should now be far less prominent, especially from side angles, but things are still far from perfect. In short, the new version is an improvement over the previous iteration, but more changes will be needed in the future to get everything just right.

3. An edited version of the Hippotem race will be released as a standalone download:

The new version of the race has a smoother gradient on the head mesh and the corners of the mouth have been moved back slightly to better accommodate mouth-gags.

4. The following PoserHotkeysPlus facial expression packs will be released as standalone downloads:

PHP facial expressions for Boegen.rar

• RoN Boegen (angry)

• RoN Boegen (gagged)

• RoN Boegen (happy)

• RoN Boegen (misc)

• RoN Boegen (naughty)

• RoN Boegen (puzzled)

• RoN Boegen (sad)

• RoN Boegen (scared)

• RoN Boegen (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Camlenthe.rar

• RoN Camlenthe (angry)

• RoN Camlenthe (gagged)

• RoN Camlenthe (happy)

• RoN Camlenthe (misc)

• RoN Camlenthe (naughty)

• RoN Camlenthe (puzzled)

• RoN Camlenthe (sad)

• RoN Camlenthe (scared)

• RoN Camlenthe (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Hippotem.rar

• RoN Hippotem (angry)

• RoN Hippotem (gagged)

• RoN Hippotem (happy)

• RoN Hippotem (misc)

• RoN Hippotem (naughty)

• RoN Hippotem (puzzled)

• RoN Hippotem (sad)

• RoN Hippotem (scared)

• RoN Hippotem (surprised)

PHP facial expressions for Rheenen.rar

• RoN Rheenen (angry)

• RoN Rheenen (gagged)

• RoN Rheenen (happy)

• RoN Rheenen (misc)

• RoN Rheenen (naughty)

• RoN Rheenen (puzzled)

• RoN Rheenen (sad)

• RoN Rheenen (scared)

• RoN Rheenen (surprised)

5. Multiple Argonian race morphs will be released as standalone downloads.

MINOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

So, there has been a slight change of plans. Instead of releasing everything in bulk today with a few components still feeling somewhat unfinished, I have decided to release one or two pieces of content each day for the coming couple of days. That will give you guys a steady stream of new content while giving me the extra time I need to polish things up wherever it is needed.

8 minutes ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Is this the first standalone download?

The two first standalone downloads of the January Update. More will be coming tomorrow and over the coming days.