Spoiler

image.png.42deec4965c0ebc1fabfadf70b6dbc8a.png

Idk what did I do wrong but no matter what I do, I end up with this. Camlenthe and Rhennen works as intended (kinda) except the head being purple instead. As for Boegen, somehow the hippotem body textures apply to it with purple head aswell. 

4 hours ago, JJTRBLS said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.42deec4965c0ebc1fabfadf70b6dbc8a.png

Idk what did I do wrong but no matter what I do, I end up with this. Camlenthe and Rhennen works as intended (kinda) except the head being purple instead. As for Boegen, somehow the hippotem body textures apply to it with purple head aswell. 

The fact that you are getting the issue with all four of the races probably means that you have simply put the textures in incorrect folders. If that is the problem, you would simply need to install the textures to the correct folders in order to get things working.

The second possibility would be that you have some sort of mod installed that is trying to auto apply a missing/incompatible body-paint/face-paint overlay. Mods like SlaveTats, BlushingWhenAroused, RapeTattoos, and mods that implement things like sweat and cum that trail down your body, would NOT cause an issue like this. It would most likely be a RaceMenu overlay pack of some sorts, but if that is the culprit, you would normally expect to encounter the issue across the board, not just while using certain races.

The third possibility, which literally cannot happen if you follow my descriptions and installation instructions properly, would be that you have tried to install the races through Vortex instead of installing the ones you want manually. In this case, we are talking about a priority conflict where one mod tries to overwrite the other, which in turn means that you would encounter texture issues in-game. See, you cannot have the texture files for Boegen and the texture files for Hippotem installed at the same time because they modify the same assets. The texture files have to be switched out depending on which race you wish to have in your game for the time being. Let's say, for instance, that you have been playing as a Hippotem for some time, but now you feel like playing as a Boegen or Minotaur instead. In this scenario, you would simply open the folder or archive where you keep the texture files for Boegen or Minotaur and overwrite the already installed files. When you wish to switch back, simply reverse the process. Simple!

Someone with more modding experience than myself might be able to come up with another answer, but these are the only things I can think of that might cause this sort of issue.

13 hours ago, Wonders of Eros said:

The fact that you are getting the issue with all four of the races probably means that you have simply put the textures in incorrect folders. If that is the problem, you would simply need to install the textures to the correct folders in order to get things working.

The second possibility would be that you have some sort of mod installed that is trying to auto apply a missing/incompatible body-paint/face-paint overlay. Mods like SlaveTats, BlushingWhenAroused, RapeTattoos, and mods that implement things like sweat and cum that trail down your body, would NOT cause an issue like this. It would most likely be a RaceMenu overlay pack of some sorts, but if that is the culprit, you would normally expect to encounter the issue across the board, not just while using certain races.

The third possibility, which literally cannot happen if you follow my descriptions and installation instructions properly, would be that you have tried to install the races through Vortex instead of installing the ones you want manually. In this case, we are talking about a priority conflict where one mod tries to overwrite the other, which in turn means that you would encounter texture issues in-game. See, you cannot have the texture files for Boegen and the texture files for Hippotem installed at the same time because they modify the same assets. The texture files have to be switched out depending on which race you wish to have in your game for the time being. Let's say, for instance, that you have been playing as a Hippotem for some time, but now you feel like playing as a Boegen or Minotaur instead. In this scenario, you would simply open the folder or archive where you keep the texture files for Boegen or Minotaur and overwrite the already installed files. When you wish to switch back, simply reverse the process. Simple!

Someone with more modding experience than myself might be able to come up with another answer, but these are the only things I can think of that might cause this sort of issue.

I checked the race folders and everything seems to be in place.

As for the second possibility, I do have both tats but they never caused anything like this but just to be sure, I tried it again when they are disabled and the problem was still there.

And for the third part, I download everything through vortex, even body presets xd (lol). However it always worked in my favor so I didn't encounter unsolvable conflicts. But about the priority thing, I tried both ways and each way, your files always overwrote the main file textures and everything so for example when I choose the minotaur race, it comes equipped with the boegen textures you created but the moment I try to apply the preset, the head becomes distinctly different color than rest of the body. I also can't seem to get rid of the hair but that is the last thing I worry about right now. Another weird thing I encountered which doesn't make any sense was the boegen preset working on rheenen. With right race equipped, the rheenen preset made the body like the hippotem body I posted above but when I tried boegen preset on rheenen, it applied the correct body texture for the rheenen (wtf). I also uninstalled both mods and re-downloaded them manually just to be sure but it ended up with same results aswell. 

@JJTRBLS

Have you, after loading the presets, ever tried disabling the overlays in the overlay sections of RaceMenu? Some of my presets come with optional RaceMenu overlays for those who have certain mods installed, but these should not get loaded in unless said mods actually are part of your mod build. What could be happening on your end is that your game is trying to load them anyway, and thus, it causes the purple shine.

What you see in my preview images are what the races look like normally, so if your issue is overlay related, disabling the overlays will give you the desired look.

MULTIPLE ANNOUNCEMENTS, A STATUS UPDATE, AND SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Some good news:

Last week I finally began working on one of the two brand new races I have planned for early 2024. It is an American Bison race that uses BadDog's Minotaur race as a base. It has been progressing quite nicely, but you are going to have to stay tuned for more information and a potential release-window. The other race is still in early planning, but rest assured, more information is coming soon.

Some bad news:

The argonian race morphs that I promised to deliver late last year have felt more and more laborious to deal with as time has progressed, to the point that I no longer feel any real passion for them. Other than the Isaar, development has been fairly limited across the board since the initial announcement, and in all honesty, some of them could have been released the day they were announced. My wish was to give them some added polish before a final release, but I just do not feel like it would be worthwhile to spend any more time on their development than I already have. I would much rather spend that limited time developing brand new races. It should also be said that using argonian as a base for custom races and morphs is quite frustrating to begin with, because the eyes on the head often randomly change position from time to time whether it is the vanilla head or high poly head version. When I use other custom races as a base for sculpting my own, brand new races, there is also no need to worry about NPCs ending up looking like misfits, because those mods do not introduce any new NPCs. That allows me to experiment more freely and to create my own textures without having to worry about the details.

So, you may ask; what does this mean, ultimately? Well, going forward, races that would have used argonian or khajiit as a base are being put on hold or postponed until some sort of workaround is found. Mind you, I may still dabble in making some sort of reptilian, argonian-based race in the meantime, but it would have to use existing argonian textures rather than brand new ones by me. It does limit what can be accomplished on my end, but it should still give me enough room to at least have another crack at a crocodilian race. As for the race morphs, I still plan to release the ones I have made for argonians and khajiiti, but they will not drop according to any fixed or generally observed timeframe, but rather, whenever I get around to it.

Something extra:

As an added bonus for those who seek more insight on how long it takes me to make new races, I have also made a simple chart. Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.f7c540836f936671f2162ae9187098af.png

On 2/25/2024 at 8:27 AM, Wonders of Eros said:

MULTIPLE ANNOUNCEMENTS, A STATUS UPDATE, AND SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Some good news:

Last week I finally began working on one of the two brand new races I have planned for early 2024. It is an American Bison race that uses BadDog's Minotaur race as a base. It has been progressing quite nicely, but you are going to have to stay tuned for more information and a potential release-window. The other race is still in early planning, but rest assured, more information is coming soon.

Some bad news:

The argonian race morphs that I promised to deliver late last year have felt more and more laborious to deal with as time has progressed, to the point that I no longer feel any real passion for them. Other than the Isaar, development has been fairly limited across the board since the initial announcement, and in all honesty, some of them could have been released the day they were announced. My wish was to give them some added polish before a final release, but I just do not feel like it would be worthwhile to spend any more time on their development than I already have. I would much rather spend that limited time developing brand new races. It should also be said that using argonian as a base for custom races and morphs is quite frustrating to begin with, because the eyes on the head often randomly change position from time to time whether it is the vanilla head or high poly head version. When I use other custom races as a base for sculpting my own, brand new races, there is also no need to worry about NPCs ending up looking like misfits, because those mods do not introduce any new NPCs. That allows me to experiment more freely and to create my own textures without having to worry about the details.

So, you may ask; what does this mean, ultimately? Well, going forward, races that would have used argonian or khajiit as a base are being put on hold or postponed until some sort of workaround is found. Mind you, I may still dabble in making some sort of reptilian, argonian-based race in the meantime, but it would have to use existing argonian textures rather than brand new ones by me. It does limit what can be accomplished on my end, but it should still give me enough room to at least have another crack at a crocodilian race. As for the race morphs, I still plan to release the ones I have made for argonians and khajiiti, but they will not drop according to any fixed or generally observed timeframe, but rather, whenever I get around to it.

Something extra:

As an added bonus for those who seek more insight on how long it takes me to make new races, I have also made a simple chart. Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.f7c540836f936671f2162ae9187098af.png

What about Blender? You are still in your Blender journey. Right?

On 2/21/2024 at 10:46 AM, Wonders of Eros said:

@JJTRBLS

Have you, after loading the presets, ever tried disabling the overlays in the overlay sections of RaceMenu? Some of my presets come with optional RaceMenu overlays for those who have certain mods installed, but these should not get loaded in unless said mods actually are part of your mod build. What could be happening on your end is that your game is trying to load them anyway, and thus, it causes the purple shine.

What you see in my preview images are what the races look like normally, so if your issue is overlay related, disabling the overlays will give you the desired look.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I only had time to try it again just now and I'm not sure if I'm looking at somewhere else but I can't seem to find an overlay section in racemenu. The mod load part is correct I think because for boegen, it also counts apachiihairfemale and applies hair automatically. Another thing I found is that there is a slight color error in the slider for the face paint slider and getting that slider to 0 solved the pinkish color. It also happened with the purple body for my previous post and doing the same thing fixed it. Also in the rheenen Idk if that ducktape slider supposed to be there but that was the culprit for the purple body. Now I'm really suspicious whether my clothing mods have to do with anything about these :/

Spoiler

image.png.e323163e47f9f80931dfcd3b309bf49b.pngimage.png.cd414c36666563eb2902c29ec8c51ae3.pngimage.png.1d49857f75a8ea88530b9f0352072058.pngimage.png.38cad4d0bb9b98c35c0b2c2bf3f25417.png

44 minutes ago, JJTRBLS said:

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I only had time to try it again just now and I'm not sure if I'm looking at somewhere else but I can't seem to find an overlay section in racemenu. The mod load part is correct I think because for boegen, it also counts apachiihairfemale and applies hair automatically. Another thing I found is that there is a slight color error in the slider for the face paint slider and getting that slider to 0 solved the pinkish color. It also happened with the purple body for my previous post and doing the same thing fixed it. Also in the rheenen Idk if that ducktape slider supposed to be there but that was the culprit for the purple body. Now I'm really suspicious whether my clothing mods have to do with anything about these :/

Hide contents

image.png.e323163e47f9f80931dfcd3b309bf49b.pngimage.png.cd414c36666563eb2902c29ec8c51ae3.pngimage.png.1d49857f75a8ea88530b9f0352072058.pngimage.png.38cad4d0bb9b98c35c0b2c2bf3f25417.png

I am happy to see that you have resolved the issue. Mind you, when I said the "overlay sections in RaceMenu," I was referring to the Body Paint, Face Paint, Hand Paint and Foot Paint sections, so what you just did is exactly what I was recommending you to do, just described with different words.

I do find one thing very strange though. I also have the x-ducttape overlay and the overlays for Blushing When Aroused, but I have never gotten any purple shine. Not quite sure what is happening on your end there, but they work just fine with these races on my end.

• 1 month later...

A bit of a spontaneous announcement this, but I just want to get the word out that I might get back to working on the project a bit this coming week. I haven't worked on it for a good while now since I'm making a visual novel and planning to get my Patreon up and running, but the project is far from dead. As I've stated before, I've simply been prioritizing the projects that have real potential for monetary gain so that I can become self-reliant.

Stay tuned for more.