1 hour ago, Coalstorm said:

@TheGreatKhazoo

First of all thank you for your enthusiasm, links and comments.

On the topic of naming races, I have already had names for most of the planned races for quite some time now. I have just not made the names public, opting to wait until I actually have a race in development to slap a name on it publicly. I might take you up on that advice and actually give them their new names ahead of time.

As for getting a team going, I am by no means a professional modder, but I am learning and would love to work with other people more closely in the future. I am already part of a few closed and open circles related to modding SSE, and they have been fairly helpful overall. The now outdated standalone versions of my races were actually made by another modder at my own request. At any rate, it might still be a bit early to have some sort of larger, formal team working on the mod.

One final thing to address, which will undoubtedly disappoint everyone yet again, is that the dragon and camelid races have been basically finished for almost two months now. All that really remains for the camelid race are the feet, but I have just never got around to doing them. I am currently quite entrenched in my erotica writing endeavors, but I will take the time to sit down and finish the races one day in the near future. People should not worry about my recent lack of engagement with the mod. I love working on it, I really do, but I also like to switch things up every now and then, and at the moment, I am mainly focusing on my erotica. If it makes for any consolation, I have during the last week made a ton of new facial expression packs for the existing races, which will be uploaded together with the release of my new races when I finally get around to it.

I'm glad to help. I hope the three links helps you in making your own standalone races.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 9:24 PM, TheGreatKhazoo said:

By the way. Are your dinosaur races going to be based on Jurassic Park-style Dinosaurs, or scientifically accurate feathered Dinosaurs?

Once I become proficient enough, I would definitely go for a more realistic look, nut who knows in the meantime.

1 hour ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

And are there going to be a separate proto-bird (Archaeopteryx and Microraptor) race, or are they going to be a part of the Dromaeosaurid race?

All three of those species/groups are quite distinct in more than just the head area, so they should ideally be split into multiple races.

12 minutes ago, Coalstorm said:

Once I become proficient enough, I would definitely go for a more realistic look, nut who knows in the meantime.

All three of those species/groups are quite distinct in more than just the head area, so they should ideally be split into multiple races.

Ok. Thanks for replying to both of my questions. By the way, for the planned races that are similar to some of the completed races like Boars, Wooly Rhinoceros. Are you going to base them on the already completed races you've made, so you don't have to do them all from scratch?

1 hour ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Ok. Thanks for replying to both of my questions. By the way, for the planned races that are similar to some of the completed races like Boars, Wooly Rhinoceros. Are you going to base them on the already completed races you've made, so you don't have to do them all from scratch?

Yes, similar races will use existing races as a foundation, but their textures and heads will obviously still need considerable modification before they are ready for release. In the case of the one horned wooly rhino, it will actually require very substantial modifications as their single horn was located right in between where the horns sit on regular rhinos.

30 minutes ago, Coalstorm said:

Yes, similar races will use existing races as a foundation, but their textures and heads will obviously still need considerable modification before they are ready for release. In the case of the one horned wooly rhino, it will actually require very substantial modifications as their single horn was located right in between where the horns sit on regular rhinos.

Alright. But will your races have unique race descriptions and lore after they are fully completed?

And when do you plan on taking a break from your erotica writing and return to working on your races of nature mod? You know that you can balance out writing erotica, and working on this mod. You can work on both at the same time. Furthermore, you can multitask.

Edited by TheGreatKhazoo
35 minutes ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

And when do you plan to take a break from your erotica writing and return to working on your races of nature mod? You know that you can balance out writing erotica, and working on this mod. You can work on both at the same time. Furthermore, you can multitask.

Some are definitely better at multitasking than others, but it is not a problem in my case. The thing is that I am currently working on a number of other projects, not just the erotica. More importantly, sculpting heads and making textures for a new race can take a really long time (often, multiple days to an entire week for just one race), and I rarely find the motivation to do it when I jump onto Skyrim. I prefer to just relax and play for a bit instead of pushing myself too hard. Everything being fair, I do recognize that it is ridiculous that I have yet to even upload the camel race, despite it having been more or less completely finished for well over two months. The main reason why I cannot be bothered to finish it and begin working on a new race (/resume work on the dragon races) is because the last step I have left to do are the feet. Making textures for the feet of these races is so horrendously tedious and unsatisfying that I just cannot bring myself to do it anymore.

3 minutes ago, Coalstorm said:

Some are definitely better at multitasking than others, but it is not a problem in my case. The thing is that I am currently working on a number of other projects, not just the erotica. More importantly, sculpting heads and making textures for a new race can take a really long time (often, multiple days to an entire week for just one race), and I rarely find the motivation to do it when I jump onto Skyrim. I prefer to just relax and play for a bit instead of pushing myself too hard. Everything being fair, I do recognize that it is ridiculous that I have yet to even upload the camel race, despite it having been more or less completely finished for well over two months. The main reason why I cannot be bothered to finish it and begin working on a new race (/resume work on the dragon races) is because the last step I have left to do are the feet. Making textures for the feet of these races is so horrendously tedious and unsatisfying that I just cannot bring myself to do it anymore.

Well. Maybe you can potentially have someone else work on the feet for you. It can help you have less work, and you can focus on sculpting the heads while someone else does the tedious task of doing the feet.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Well. Maybe you can potentially have someone else work on the feet for you. It can help you have less work, and you can focus on sculpting the heads while someone else does the tedious task of doing the feet.

It would only be preferable to have someone help me out if they can make new feet meshes. Mind you, there would be no profit incentive. They would have to do it because they wanted to work on the mod; not for any financial motives. If someone reads this an is willing to work under those conditions, hit me up.

1 minute ago, Coalstorm said:

It would only be preferable to have someone help me out if they can make new feet meshes. Mind you, there would be no profit incentive. They would have to do it because they wanted to work on the mod; not for any financial motives. If someone reads this an is willing to work under those conditions, hit me up.

By the way. I think it's high time to reveal the names for the work in progress (and some of the planned) races. People have been waiting for two months for your next race, and you have said that you already have names for most of the planned races.

If none of these people accept the task of doing the feet for you (or nobody else in the community signs up to do the task). Then you will just have to deal with doing the feet yourself. You will get used to it when you do enough feet meshes. You might become better at making feet meshes.

4 hours ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

That is good news. By the way. Have you heard of xVASynth? It's a free program where you can record lines for characters using A.I. You can use this program to have NPCs acknowledge the player character as one of your custom races.

I've already been using xVASynth for a long time, but mostly for erotica.

Scripted features, such as custom dialogue interactions, are not on the plate at the moment, but who knows in the future.

7 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

I've already been using xVASynth for a long time, but mostly for erotica.

Scripted features, such as custom dialogue interactions, are not on the plate at the moment, but who knows in the future.

Ok. But do you have a Nexus account? You can upload safe for work versions of your races to the nexus, so regular Skyrim players can use them.

42 minutes ago, TheGreatKhazoo said:

Ok. But do you have a Nexus account? You can upload safe for work versions of your races to the nexus, so regular Skyrim players can use them.

Yes, I have Nexus and I already upload SFW mods for other games to it on a quite frequent basis, but that account is directly tied to my personal identity, so do not expect any action on that front.

That being said, it is a fair point. I might as well create a new account with one of my other emails and upload the mod to it. I will try to get to that as soon as I have the time.

1 hour ago, Coalstorm said:

Yes, I have Nexus and I already upload SFW mods for other games to it on a quite frequent basis, but that account is directly tied to my personal identity, so do not expect any action on that front.

That being said, it is a fair point. I might as well create a new account with one of my other emails and upload the mod to it. I will try to get to that as soon as I have the time.

Alright then. Thanks for answering my question.

If you are having trouble doing the feet meshes still, you can always save them for last, heck. You can work on other races before doing the feet of the almost complete races. You are still learning, after all. And maybe after releasing a dozen more races, you can get used to working on feet meshes if nobody else does them for you.

• 2 weeks later...