On 4/6/2023 at 3:05 AM, rb888 said:

Is the Lioness going be updated from you?

I will make a lioness race of my own eventually, but for this specific request, you probably want to get in touch with the original mod author. Most of us who make these anthro mods are on the Yiffy Age of Skyrim discord server, so start there.

9 minutes ago, migueloureza9 said:

OH MY OH MY, I know probably just me and lil amount of ppl have voted on spider, but ohh I will wait happily for spooder to come while I play this mod

Do not get your hopes up for an imminent release on that one. I am still very much in the process of learning, so races that require completely new, custom lower torsos and/or additional custom meshes to be added onto the default torso or head – such as snakes, arachnids, insects and cephalopods – are not currently achievable at this time. That being said, such races will eventually become viable as I improve further, and if enough people want them, I will of course make them once conditions are met on my end.

Also, Thank you for your support and for using the mod. I appreciate it. ?

4 hours ago, cutcut said:

Will You include tails or other beast accessories at some point?

Custom tails and feet meshes are coming further down the line. We will see about accessories, but I am definitely not counting it out.

4 hours ago, cutcut said:

Also LE port maybe :P?

Not from me, no, but if people want to port my races, they are free to do so as long as credit is given.

13 minutes ago, nWaRaels said:

what this do? add npcs in game or just for player in race menu? you should be more clear abou the mods bro

The mod description clearly states what the mod does. Read it again and please refrain from spreading misinformation.

ANOUNCEMENT

2023-04-17 / 04/17/23

Sorry about the recent lack of updates. I have been very busy working on a new mod for a different game, and it is proving to be a highly labor-intensive project that has taken up a lot of my time over the last two weeks. Hopefully, I will be able to push that mod out before the end of this weekend,  but do not hold me to that word.

Do not worry, once said mod is finished, I plan to return to working on my new races for this pack without any further delay. They are already quite far along, so I can more or less guarantee that at least two new races will release within the coming two weeks.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

On 3/4/2023 at 2:23 PM, Blaze69 said:

As for the crocs, I did some cleanup, made the textures compatible with SOS and UNP, and backported the race to SE. It's not much, and the textures would probably need to be converted to CBBE for proper use in SE, but the file might be useful in some way. It's also available on the server:

Hide contents

Croc1.jpg

Croc2.jpg

Holy MOLY Jesus Almighty those Crocs !! 0-o
I look away from this file page for a little while and suddenly a lot of incredible work has been done!

5 minutes ago, nebellious said:

Holy MOLY Jesus Almighty those Crocs !! 0-o
I look away from this file page for a little while and suddenly a lot of incredible work has been done!

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm, and definitely agree that the existing croc race is quite nice, I do not think that it is appropriate for you to post links to other race mods in this support thread when the clear intent is to redirect attention away from my mod. This is a support and progress thread, not an advertising agency for any and all race mods.

Besides, that is a standalone mod. One of my key goals with this race collection has always been to provide a quick and easy option for people on all builds of the game to switch out existing races for new ones without having to install a brand new mod, redo their load order and start a new savegame. Most races by other mod authors cannot be switched out as readily or easily. I do of course intend to make standalone versions of my races at some point down the road, but I will even then, I would still continue to provide replacers as well.

Oh, please excuse me, I thought that it was part of this animal race pack because crocs were listed in the "To Dos".
Apologies, don't wish to distract. Your races have been equally impressive in development. I love the variation on display, lots of interesting choices that no one else has even tried to cover.

10 hours ago, nebellious said:

Oh, please excuse me, I thought that it was part of this animal race pack because crocs were listed in the "To Dos".
Apologies, don't wish to distract. Your races have been equally impressive in development. I love the variation on display, lots of interesting choices that no one else has even tried to cover.

No worries mate if it was a genuine mistake. Glad you like the pack.

And yes, I cannot think of anyone other than myself who focuses quite as much on large, herbivorous mammals. That is part of the reason why I made the mod in the first place, thinking that some people may have similar tastes.

I just came back from working on a mod for a different game and will resume work on the new races shortly. It is long overdue.

• 2 weeks later...

ANOUNCEMENT

2023-05-14 / 05/14/23

Good news. I will resume working on the mod this coming week, so stay tuned for more updates.

Beyond said announcement, I would also like to apologize for the recent lack of mod updates, and the lack of progress updates in this thread. I am currently working on a massive fantasy universe with highly detailed maps and rich lore that will be open for anyone to make stories in, as well as the first volume of a comic book series for the ECBC about female anthros getting kidnapped by a group of human men.

For the sake of transparency, and at the risk of angering some of you, I would also like to make clear that I have had two new races basically ready to go just sitting on my computer for over a month now, and I am sorry that I have not released them yet. I will make sure to finish their alpha iterations in short order.

Edited by Coalstorm
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RyukyuShin1997 said:

Perhaps penguins and more proper looking owls?

You are in luck.

Some of the more complex races that I intend to make require skills and knowledge with third party 3D sculpting software that I simply do not have yet, but an owl or penguin would be so easy for me to make that I could probably make both in the course of less than a work week.

I have other races in the works at the moment, but I will definitely give it a go in the near future.

5 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

You are in luck.

Some of the more complex races that I intend to make require skills and knowledge with third party 3D sculpting software that I simply do not have yet, but an owl or penguin would be so easy for me to make that I could probably make both in the course of less than a work week.

I have other races in the works at the moment, but I will definitely give it a go in the near future.

What about Puffins and Flamingos?

Besides Puffins and Flamingos. I can also do two underrated animals. Billfishes (AKA Swordfishes and Marlins), and the Pachycephalosaurids. (Even if they are already on the poll)

The Billfish family is a part of the Actinopterygii class, and are famous for their pointy bills at the front of their face. They are also some of the fastest fishes on Earth, and one of the main characters of the movie Finding Nemo was named after the Marlin. By the way. I think there must be at least one fish race in the planned races list.

The Pachycephalosaurids are dinosaurs who are famous for their rock-hard dome craniums, and their headbutting ability. There are multiple species of Pachycephalosaurids. There is the Pachycephalosaurus, the Stygimoloch, and the Dracorex. This under loved family of dinosaurs needs some more attention, and they will most likely have a bonus in blunt or two-handed weapons.

I hope you consider making a Billfish and Pachycephalosaurid race. Because they are under-loved, and it will be cool to play as these animals in Skyrim.

Edited by TheGreatKhazoo

I am going to drop the rest of my questions in this next reply, so I don't have to make multiple other posts. You can reply to this reply, as well as the previous two replies I made. Take your time.

1. While making the standalone races with the links I showed you in my previous reply, you can make a single male head present, (You can copy and paste that present from the female version if you want.) and you can make more head presents in the future after releasing the standalone mods.

2. You can always have someone help you work on these races, and form a team. Having other people join you on the races of nature project can speed up development on future races, and you don't have to work on this mod alone.

3. Since the Camelid and Beaked Dragon races are completed, you can give us the actual names of these races on the work in progress races list, so we can know what they are called before they get released. By the way. It's possible that you can name the other races on the work in progress races list, and even the races on the planned races list. Naming the races themselves can be the easiest part of creating these races, and you don't have to name them later when you are sculpting and creating the races.

Edited by TheGreatKhazoo

@TheGreatKhazoo

First of all thank you for your enthusiasm, links and comments.

On the topic of naming races, I have already had names for most of the planned races for quite some time now. I have just not made the names public, opting to wait until I actually have a race in development to slap a name on it publicly. I might take you up on that advice and actually give them their new names ahead of time.

As for getting a team going, I am by no means a professional modder, but I am learning and would love to work with other people more closely in the future. I am already part of a few closed and open circles related to modding SSE, and they have been fairly helpful overall. The now outdated standalone versions of my races were actually made by another modder at my own request. At any rate, it might still be a bit early to have some sort of larger, formal team working on the mod.

One final thing to address, which will undoubtedly disappoint everyone yet again, is that the dragon and camelid races have been basically finished for almost two months now. All that really remains for the camelid race are the feet, but I have just never got around to doing them. I am currently quite entrenched in my erotica writing endeavors, but I will take the time to sit down and finish the races one day in the near future. People should not worry about my recent lack of engagement with the mod. I love working on it, I really do, but I also like to switch things up every now and then, and at the moment, I am mainly focusing on my erotica. If it makes for any consolation, I have during the last week made a ton of new facial expression packs for the existing races, which will be uploaded together with the release of my new races when I finally get around to it.