[WIP] SexLab Aroused v2014-01-24

I'm having an issue with this mod. When I first got it, I blocked myself from the arousal part and now everytime I use the MCM menu, I only see the options for an NPC (usually either Lydia or my spouse). Is there a way I can modify it for my character again? Thanks.

I'm having an issue with this mod. When I first got it, I blocked myself from the arousal part and now everytime I use the MCM menu, I only see the options for an NPC (usually either Lydia or my spouse). Is there a way I can modify it for my character again? Thanks.

Unblock yourself for arousal, its not on the same page of the MCM menu where you check for how aroused you are.

Unblock yourself for arousal, its not on the same page of the MCM menu where you check for how aroused you are.

If it's under puppet master, I'm not seeing it. All I see there is an NPC and not me. Where would I find it? Is it in SexLab or Aroused? Thanks.

If it's under puppet master, I'm not seeing it. All I see there is an NPC and not me. Where would I find it? Is it in SexLab or Aroused? Thanks.

post-76788-0-56635200-1408802232_thumb.png

I misspoke, it is on the same page. Make sure you uncheck BOTH the "Blocked" and the "Locked" options.

I think butchdiavolo's blondness must have rubbed off on me because I figured out what the issue was: I had to not be looking at either of my followers for Arousal to allow me to use the puppet master on myself.  Thanks for the help though, WaxenFigure. :D

I would love to see the arousal go to 'unnatural' levels and cause crazy things to happen. Possibly devious items and some drugs could make arousal go way past 100 and when you go past 100 you essentially start to lose control. Ah, well, maybe will not happen but it often feels that arousal 100 is not enough ;)

I would love to see the arousal go to 'unnatural' levels and cause crazy things to happen. Possibly devious items and some drugs could make arousal go way past 100 and when you go past 100 you essentially start to lose control. Ah, well, maybe will not happen but it often feels that arousal 100 is not enough ;)

100 arousal is almost unnoticeable, with my play style, so I have been thinking along analogous lines.

One big issue, though, is that "predictable" and "unnoticeable" are very similar things.

Another big issue is that tastes differ - not just between people but over time. I know that I have problems sometimes even understanding myself.

Anyways, I think maybe we need a collection of "arousal effects"? This would include:

voiced sounds

visual effects

movement effects

brief animations

facial states

quest updates (failed to do this, succeeded at that, ...)

and so on... (music? second person text messages?)

a major issue here is that subtler effects should be common and blatant effects should be rarer

And I think that this should be managed in two independent ways:

first, the arousal trigger for these things should call for subtle effects much more frequently than it calls for blatant effects

but also the effects themselves should push themselves down in priority every time they get played (not a lot - maybe a third of the way down - but enough to reduce the sort of repetitions which you can get from pure randomness - this would simulate, partially, some aspects of the way we perceive things and thus give the whole system a better "feel").

I feel that the arousal time rate is honestly too fast and too severe, I fast travel to one location and my character is so horned up that he can't learn anything, perhaps basing arosal time on in game days would be better? Or have arousal unaffected by fast travel?

A more (to me) realistic means would be after three days your players, arosual level would be at 25, then after another three in game days 50, I think you can see where I am going with this. At most it should be a negative 25 percent penalty for learning skills.

And finally for the little messages that appear warning you of your state, one should pop up for any followers or NPCs for example after the message "My desires are satified" another will show up.

(*Ysolda* seems relaxed, or *Ysolda* seems satisfied)

*Insert whatever character name here*

Hell you could go far with this, for example if an npc follower arosual is at 50 a message could show up say "follower seems restless"

for NPC arosual levels at 75 and above a message could real: "follower is being unusually clingy" I am sure others could find more lore friendly ideas but I think you get the point.

Just avoid sex for a while and your arousal rate will drop. Your rate of arousal increase is based on how often and how recently you have had sex. If you manage to live the life of a nun, and don't encounter nudity/sex, your arousal will eventually drop to 0 and stay there. If you are living the life of a nymphomaniac, you will quickly start to crave sex and need it all the time. Also other factors can influence, such as plugs from DD or the fetishes from Stories.

i would like it if this mod had an arousal level trigger for npcs, the same as aroused creatures does. i really want npcs to approach each other and get it on in public when arousal levels hit thresholds. as it is i am using mods but they either need me to cast spells on npcs to trigger it or the npcs only approach me. lovers comfort is pretty much irrelevant unless pc gets married, or sneaks into other ppl houses to spy on them after midnight; nothing happens in public.i have seen no difference since removing lovers confort. lovers victim i dont like the chase and fist up thing even with brawls off. random sex i dont want on all the time, or i will be messing with settings all the time when i need to exclude myself from any action. npcs can get it on with animals in my game but not with each other; i think if this mod had arousal levels that made npcs look for a partner when they hit them (and levels i can set), along with toggle for checks if they are likely to cheat on a partner or just go look for their partner, this mod would be even better

you should see a message come up after a while top left saying its found 1 new menus. then you go into the menu where the settings are and look in the mod configuration menu  for the sexlab aroused menu. there you can set up the mod. im not sure if there is a version thing someplace. but if upgrading to mod its good idea to uninstall the old version first, then install the new version, and tbh its easier to updgrade when you plan to start a new game, then there are no possible outdated scripts from the old version in the save files confusing things and causing CTD.

Look out for the next QAYL ;)

I'm getting a rather odd bug that I can't seem to squash by poking at my papyrus log.

Every menu is displaying... "$SLA_(stuff here)" instead of proper data in the MCM, and it's constantly pinging me with notifications that I'm above x% arousal instead of normal notifications.

Attached papyrus log. I remember this problem going away on its own at some point, but I don't remember what spurred the return to normalcy.

Edit: That is not to say that I don't have the problem anymore, I do, I just meant it went away on a PREVIOUS FILE, not my current one.

I'm getting a rather odd bug that I can't seem to squash by poking at my papyrus log.

Every menu is displaying... "$SLA_(stuff here)" instead of proper data in the MCM, and it's constantly pinging me with notifications that I'm above x% arousal instead of normal notifications.

Attached papyrus log. I remember this problem going away on its own at some point, but I don't remember what spurred the return to normalcy.

Edit: That is not to say that I don't have the problem anymore, I do, I just meant it went away on a PREVIOUS FILE, not my current one.

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

You don't have a language translation file in place for whatever language version of the game you are running, you can copy any language file for any other language to create a file for your language though you'll have to translate it yourself after you copy it or it will remain in that language.

(Look in Skyrim\Data\interface\translations for the translation files).

You don't have a language translation file in place for whatever language version of the game you are running, you can copy any language file for any other language to create a file for your language though you'll have to translate it yourself after you copy it or it will remain in that language.

Odd, I'm running it in English! I have Japanese Unicode turned on, however, given I run hentai games in Japanese off of DLSite. I don't recall ever telling Skyrim to run in a different language, so I am unsure what file to put where, or where to change this setting... I will look in the aforementioned folder, but at least I have a clue now.

Edit: Everything seems to be in order in terms of my translation files... Steam is set to run in English, I looked in its preferences, maybe it's a problem with my English translation files?

Odd, I'm running it in English! I have Japanese Unicode turned on, however, given I run hentai games in Japanese off of DLSite. I don't recall ever telling Skyrim to run in a different language, so I am unsure what file to put where, or where to change this setting... I will look in the aforementioned folder, but at least I have a clue now.

Edit: Everything seems to be in order in terms of my translation files... Steam is set to run in English, I looked in its preferences, maybe it's a problem with my English translation files?

Do you have a file named Translate_ENGLISH.txt in your interface folder? I thing that was what Waxenfigure was asking about. I had problems months ago when mine disappeared for no good reason and I think I remember extracting it from the bsa and placing it in data/interface to solve whatever the problem was.

Do you have a file named Translate_ENGLISH.txt in your interface folder? I thing that was what Waxenfigure was asking about. I had problems months ago when mine disappeared for no good reason and I think I remember extracting it from the bsa and placing it in data/interface to solve whatever the problem was.

I do not, just one named sexlabaroused_english.txt, should I have otherwise? *examines the BSA* Waiiiiit a minute. I already completely unpacked the BSA to my data directory, when trying to overcome errors in making my Zaria muzzle compatible... which I could not fix, in the end thus far.

I do not, just one named sexlabaroused_english.txt, should I have otherwise? *examines the BSA* Waiiiiit a minute. I already completely unpacked the BSA to my data directory, when trying to overcome errors in making my Zaria muzzle compatible... which I could not fix, in the end thus far.

As is not uncommon, I was confused, I think. I believe you are looking for "Strings." I've got skyrim.english.dlstrings and skyrim.english.ilstrings and skyrim.english.strings files which can be found in the skyrim - interface.bsa. In my strings folder there are also sets of the three for update, dawnguard and dragonborn. I apologize for my confusion.

I do get the same sort of extra letters with defeat, if I deselect it without actually removing the esp from the data folder.

So it is said that there is a reset spell?

Where exactly would this reset spell be? Because it might have been useful in those times where the mods fucks up and arousal suddenly stops increasing on a save game where you have played for several hours....... quite annoying.

Aroused caused multiple problems in my game so I had to remove it:

1.  I would CTD on game load frequently - never had this issue until I installed Aroused (started a brand new game with it at level 1)

2.  Causes Defeat to not work properly, especially the grab feature - makes grabbing the victim impossible

After uninstalling Aroused, removing the script references using Savegame script scapel - Papyrus Data Transfer and rerunning Generate FNIS for Users fixed both issues entirely.  My game is smooth as silk now with zero issues.  I believe the issue is related to the cloaking scripts in Aroused.