[WIP] SexLab Aroused v2014-01-24

Aroused caused multiple problems in my game so I had to remove it:

1.  I would CTD on game load frequently - never had this issue until I installed Aroused (started a brand new game with it at level 1)

2.  Causes Defeat to not work properly, especially the grab feature - makes grabbing the victim impossible

After uninstalling Aroused, removing the script references using Savegame script scapel - Papyrus Data Transfer and rerunning Generate FNIS for Users fixed both issues entirely.  My game is smooth as silk now with zero issues.  I believe the issue is related to the cloaking scripts in Aroused.

If you didn't follow the instructions at this link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32363/?

Then you have failed to make enough resources available to avoid CTDs in the first place and Aroused is not the only mod you are going to have trouble with.

Very cool mod, haven't had any conflicts yet (although it takes some tinkering so all the sex mods talk to each other properly.)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone made a patch for this so that hitting Addicted-level arousal forces a player/actor to stop and masturbate on the spot?

Closest you'll get is this mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27588-sexlab-release-v13/

Dunno if it still works or not.

I would say that whipping it out is not lore friendly.... since I doubt horned up people IRL would do that either....

Ever read your local newspaper's crime blotter? XD

Very cool mod, haven't had any conflicts yet (although it takes some tinkering so all the sex mods talk to each other properly.)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone made a patch for this so that hitting Addicted-level arousal forces a player/actor to stop and masturbate on the spot?

Closest you'll get is this mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27588-sexlab-release-v13/

Dunno if it still works or not.

Thanks, RDKateran, that does exactly what I wanted it to. =)

1.  I would CTD on game load frequently - never had this issue until I installed Aroused (started a brand new game with it at level 1)

2.  Causes Defeat to not work properly, especially the grab feature - makes grabbing the victim impossible

After uninstalling Aroused, removing the script references using Savegame script scapel - Papyrus Data Transfer and rerunning Generate FNIS for Users fixed both issues entirely.  My game is smooth as silk now with zero issues.  I believe the issue is related to the cloaking scripts in Aroused.

If you didn't follow the instructions at this link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32363/?

Then you have failed to make enough resources available to avoid CTDs in the first place and Aroused is not the only mod you are going to have trouble with.

I looked at that guide and already do all of that plus more.  I am an experienced modder and optimization guru.  I'm not a noob.  I've run much heavier load orders than my current one without issues.  Aroused was the direct problem for me.  I tried various load order combos with four brand new characters and the problem remained until I finally removed Aroused on my fifth load order combo.  I tested it (twice) by playing the current load order for a while without issues and a second time by adding back in all of the other mods that I removed minus Aroused and started a new game and my game is now problem free.  I rebuilt my bashed patch and TES5Edit merged/compatibility patch for each new playthrough in case you are wondering.  I also run Generate FNIS for Users every time I start a new playthrough.

Here is a quote from another user with the same issue that followed my instructions, "after removing aroused it seems to be working thanks for the step by step tutorial on removing and cleaning aroused. ps do not forget to run fnis or you will CTD"

I looked at that guide and already do all of that plus more.  I am an experienced modder and optimization guru.  I'm not a noob.  I've run much heavier load orders than my current one without issues.  Aroused was the direct problem for me.  I tried various load order combos with four brand new characters and the problem remained until I finally removed Aroused on my fifth load order combo.  I tested it (twice) by playing the the current load order and a second time by adding back in all of the other mods that I removed minus Aroused and started a new game and my game is now problem free.  I rebuilt my bashed patch and TES5Edit merged/compatibility patch for each new playthrough in case you are wondering.

Here is a quote from another user with the same issue that followed my instructions, "after removing aroused it seems to be working thanks for the step by step tutorial on removing and cleaning aroused. ps do not forget to run fnis or you will CTD"

And I run a system that has several mods regularly doing cloak spells including Aroused and am in fact modding the Slaverun Enforcer mod to use a cloak spell as well and so far haven't had a CTD from it though I did have to deal with a stack overflow issue that was fixed by not following some bad advice in the CK Examples.

I have only 183 mods installed though part of that is because I have merged dozens of mods that haven't been updated in a long time and had no scripts or other items that could make merging them troublesome.

I would say that whipping it out is not lore friendly.... since I doubt horned up people IRL would do that either....

Ever read your local newspaper's crime blotter? XD

Yeah and all of them were of people that were so high on drugs that it was amazing they did not burn out and die.

Skooma is a helluva drug.

Since luffyboy's Immersive Arousal patch is now defunct, I guess I'll have to re-request a new patch for anybody else that has the modding skills to try it.

I'd like to have an adrenaline buff which balances the arousal debuff, to indicate the character is psyched up and ready for action (so to speak).  For example, an increase to health/stamina/magicka regen that matches the percentage of skill leveling decrease.  That makes it a strategic choice as to whether you satisfy your desires to restore normal leveling or channel the energy of your aroused state to help in an upcoming fight.

isnt sexlabutil (i think thats what its called) a workaround type solution to wanting the extra buff/debuff after sex? i had it but never used it but it had lots of options to do that kind of thing?

It is my understanding that the function of SexLabUtil is to add effects upon triggering the animation of a sex act; e.g. you just received oral and are granted a particular status effect for it.

I'm asking about a modification of the existing effect caused by each stage of arousal.

luffyboy's Immersive Arousal patch altered these effects, but is no longer compatible with the current version of SLA.

Does anyone know which file to edit to change the notifications?

I am looking in the scripts folder and I can't seem to find it.

All the scripts used by the mod start with "sla" so you will find them together when sorted by name but you probably want the slaframeworkscr.psc or the slamainscr.psc file (or both).

All the scripts used by the mod start with "sla" so you will find them together when sorted by name but you probably want the slaframeworkscr.psc or the slamainscr.psc file (or both).

I looked through those two and can't seem to find the text for the actual notifications you get in aroused. I just wanted to edit them myself just immersion's sake. 

I unpacked the bsa so i will keep looking, it must be there some where. 

I looked through those two and can't seem to find the text for the actual notifications you get in aroused. I just wanted to edit them myself just immersion's sake. 

If they are unpacked, couldn't you just do a windows search on the extracted files? Or if you use notepad++, you could just open all the mod's scripts and do a "find in all opened documents."

The text is created by stringing smaller texts together. I think you are looking for the UpdateActorExposure function that is in the slaFrameworkscr.psc file.

This line:

Debug.Trace(self + ": " + akRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName() + " got " + valFix + " exposure for " + debugMsg)
is used to log the arousal changes.

Yea that is what I was doing, but I was looking for the entire phrase. 

I didn't realize they were strung together through smaller texts, this will make it a bit harder as I personally don't know scripting.

I would have to differentiate which was part of the script and which is just text to which I can edit.  

But if notifications were strung together my changes might create grammatical errors if I were to change one of the words for one particular state. 

Do you have a file named Translate_ENGLISH.txt in your interface folder? I thing that was what Waxenfigure was asking about. I had problems months ago when mine disappeared for no good reason and I think I remember extracting it from the bsa and placing it in data/interface to solve whatever the problem was.

I do not, just one named sexlabaroused_english.txt, should I have otherwise? *examines the BSA* Waiiiiit a minute. I already completely unpacked the BSA to my data directory, when trying to overcome errors in making my Zaria muzzle compatible... which I could not fix, in the end thus far.

As is not uncommon, I was confused, I think. I believe you are looking for "Strings." I've got skyrim.english.dlstrings and skyrim.english.ilstrings and skyrim.english.strings files which can be found in the skyrim - interface.bsa. In my strings folder there are also sets of the three for update, dawnguard and dragonborn. I apologize for my confusion.

I do get the same sort of extra letters with defeat, if I deselect it without actually removing the esp from the data folder.

Extracted skyrim -interface bsa to data folder, and I think things went to their proper place, problem still persists. I found this BSA. Damn this problem is stubborn... it all started when I installed the source files for Devious Devices version a bit back in making my gags work properly.

To those of you who were having problems with the "$SLA_TEXT" issue. I figured it out. It was because I had unpacked the BSA using my BSA Browser to do work on my creation-kit gags. Going through and carefully deleting what I had unpacked (keeping the open BSA on the same screen as a reference) one by one until the files were cleaned up restored Aroused to its proper, appropriate functionality.

I looked at that guide and already do all of that plus more.  I am an experienced modder and optimization guru.  I'm not a noob.  I've run much heavier load orders than my current one without issues.  Aroused was the direct problem for me.  I tried various load order combos with four brand new characters and the problem remained until I finally removed Aroused on my fifth load order combo.  I tested it (twice) by playing the current load order for a while without issues and a second time by adding back in all of the other mods that I removed minus Aroused and started a new game and my game is now problem free.  I rebuilt my bashed patch and TES5Edit merged/compatibility patch for each new playthrough in case you are wondering.  I also run Generate FNIS for Users every time I start a new playthrough.

By "experienced modder" are you able to fix SL Aroused? I think the mod is also causing me problems. My papyrus logs get gigantic with stack overflows from SLA's cloaking. The SLA MCM menu also isn't working anymore either.

Although I'd like to get rid of SLA, it's a dependency in so many other mods. Doesn't make much sense that ll these big mods have dependencies on a defunct mod (with known issues on SL 1.50).

Is there a mod that makes skin wet/sweaty like in SD or estrus when character is aroused? 

There are mods that "make" the skin sweaty both by way of textures and equipable armor, the only foreseeable problem would be compatible body textures depending on what body everyone uses i.e CBBE, UNP. 

I know the s map textures are what makes the skin sweaty, not sure if compatibility is irrelevant 

But it should be doable, I also would like to do something similar but for the wear and tear system :)

Is there a mod that makes skin wet/sweaty like in SD or estrus when character is aroused? 

There are mods that "make" the skin sweaty both by way of textures and equipable armor, the only foreseeable problem would be compatible body textures depending on what body everyone uses i.e CBBE, UNP. 

I know the s map textures are what makes the skin sweaty, not sure if compatibility is irrelevant 

But it should be doable, I also would like to do something similar but for the wear and tear system :)

Sweaty effect from SD and estrus worked for me with different skin tones, looks like sweaty/wetbody specular maps have no compatibility issues.