[WIP] SexLab Aroused v2014-01-24

SexLab is meant to be a pure Animation Framework, no sex framework, so none of such stuff will find it's way into SexLab.

Ashal made this pretty clear and i think he's completly right.

We may end up with mods that have a shit-load of dependencies to other frameworks, but we end up as well, with mods that differ more from each other.

More frameworks = less conflicting mods = more variations = more mods that offer a different experience.

Love this!

I had an idea for dialog: at certain levels of arousal NPC or follower will ask for sex.

level 1- demure query

level 2- direct request

level 3- begging

level 4- dissapointment

etc.

Having some constants for boundaries seems good, maybe like what they have for quests in the CK. Like if: 

40 = rape

50 = shag anything that moves

then a modder can implement his own 45 = break into the house

I was kinda thinking it would be nice to have a plug-in that didn't involve rape or combat sex.

Just a lot of freaky interaction.

That's why I thought about a range of values, so its all inclusive. Otherwise its one framework for this or that. The rape thing was just an example.

Edit: There has to be a way to have the two linked, like for lower values its unaggressive while it changes for higher values, to even include revenge for being side-lined.

Edit again: Combat sex isn't about being aroused, its about getting one over your enemies. But then again that's the modders choice. I started a new game so I could use some of the new mods, but Lydia is a whirlwind of death, I'm level 40 and I've only combat raped 2 people. Sorry, that's nothing to-do with the topic but I had to put it in.

No, no, I see your logic, and it makes sense.

It just seemed a little redundant to have another "rape/attack" type of mod.

I didn't mean to be judgmental.

I agree, if you can make a more comprehensive mod that works- and have options- it's better.

For me it was more about throwing ideas out really, that way redneck could have a pool of things to work from, ... or get confused from. But I too wouldn't want it to be just a this or that framework, it defeats the purpose of a framework, and I'm a user not a modder who finds it a bit odd when one mod say "she doesn't want you" while another says "shes gonna rape your arse"

Hi, it is a good idea to make a universal system, thanks. I have two suggestions:

Perhaps you could add a on/off key, that puts the whole system on/off ingame for testing and in the case of (suspected) problems. When a on/off key is part of your system, modders do not have to add it individually.

I suggest also to use the familiar number system: 0-100.

Currently the mod has only two effects, both can be disabled from MCM menu.

Currently values are 0-30, I might switch it to 0-100 at next versions

This is sounding alot like Sexout Lust.  hmmm some ideas, if you need any.  I am hoping for something to allow more customization.  Such as a way to customize a sexy clothing list for provoking different arousal levels.

That's what i was going to ask too.

SexLab already supports "SexLabNoStrip" keyword. Can this mod detect if a worn armor has this keyword, and if yes, count the player semi-nude?

What if "SexLabNoStrip" is attached to buttplug and actor is wearing full armor?

Onlookers masturbating?

Any thoughts to allowing for the player to masturbate in order to keep arousal under control when needed? Sexout Lust has a function like that, and I have to say it helps maintain immersion (it can reduce arousal by a smaller amount than actual sex, and possibly even have a limitation on how far it can reduce arousal. Because in the end, sex is more rewarding when someone else is involved).

Could possibly tie-in with the Util mod for sexlab that allows for effects to be applied through sex. So that in addition to penalties for high arousal, buffs can apply for keeping it within a low range for certain periods of time, and even possibly even other penalties for having too much sex.

Those are just ideas though, not certain if your wanting to make this it's own system like that or not.

I tried it out, It's still not ripe yet but at default value "1" I had to masturbate about once a minute to to keep my lust levels down,

(in the UB Bathouse ).

I really liked "SO Lust" and I think this could be very much like it.

There aren't many- or any Skyrim mods I can think of where NPC's can initiate or solicit consensual sex. I'd like to see it.

Love this!

I had an idea for dialog: at certain levels of arousal NPC or follower will ask for sex.

level 1- demure query

level 2- direct request

level 3- begging

level 4- dissapointment

etc.

Having some constants for boundaries seems good, maybe like what they have for quests in the CK. Like if: 

40 = rape

50 = shag anything that moves

then a modder can implement his own 45 = break into the house

I was kinda thinking it would be nice to have a plug-in that didn't involve rape or combat sex.

Just a lot of freaky interaction.

That's why I thought about a range of values, so its all inclusive. Otherwise its one framework for this or that. The rape thing was just an example.

Edit: There has to be a way to have the two linked, like for lower values its unaggressive while it changes for higher values, to even include revenge for being side-lined.

Edit again: Combat sex isn't about being aroused, its about getting one over your enemies. But then again that's the modders choice. I started a new game so I could use some of the new mods, but Lydia is a whirlwind of death, I'm level 40 and I've only combat raped 2 people. Sorry, that's nothing to-do with the topic but I had to put it in.

No, no, I see your logic, and it makes sense.

It just seemed a little redundant to have another "rape/attack" type of mod.

I didn't mean to be judgmental.

I agree, if you can make a more comprehensive mod that works- and have options- it's better.

As I see SexLabAroused is passive mod, meaning it will not start/force any action/dialogue on actor, but only will monitor and provide info about arousal.

Other mods, like LoversComfort in near future, will be active mods that will open dialogues and do some actions.

Is arousal also increases if an NPC sees another NPC naked? Does it matter how many actors are seen naked?

Dunno if it's already implemented but watching a SexLab animation could increase exposure of bystanders. Now that I'm thinking about bystanders maybe an option if NPCs stop and watch a SexLab animation until it's finished.

The watcher's personality (voice type in the ck) ought to be considered as well. The sultry and eager young ones should be affected far more than the old grumpy ones.

Yes arousal of NPC should increase if the NPC sees another NPC, but this feature works not so well, since I am trying not to overload scripts.

For each naked NPC PC gets +1 (or +2 based on sexual prefernces from SexLab) arousal each 20 seconds.

Currently seeing sex from SexLab increases arousal by +3, but it is also some what sporadic, I am still looking for effective method implement it better. 

I will add voice types to arousal.

I don't understand why these mods don't just let the player pick from a list of "How Attractive/Sexually Arousing Is your Character Currently?"

And you choose one, like 1 = Not at all 10 = Sexual Bombshell

Trying to code systems for the Mod to decide for you, how sexually attractive your character is, seems like way too much extra work for the mod author(s).

Immersion.

I hate non quest related dialogues and menus.

So if it is not necessary I try to avoid them, though it is a lot of work.

That's what I and TSS5062 were discussing, having this information and how it could be used. Then we kind of got mixed up with words and numbers.

SexLab is the animation framework, SexLab Aroused is (WIP) framework for tracking sexual arousal. The first one is required for animations, the latter will be required for some SexLab mods, but not all. Besides, SexLab Arousal does frequire Sexlab:-)

EDIT: Sorry, I have misread your post:-( Well, LC is a current version of the mod, which is getting reorganised - ripping the arousal to a standalone framework, which means that when SexLab Arousal is ready, LC will be updated/reworked to require SexLab Arousal for it to function. Does that make sense?

EDIT2: And :ph34r: by RDKateran...

Hi and greetings from Germany!

I'm a little confused about the exact difference between SL Aroused and LC. Why are there two different mods with basically the same features?

Thanks  :P

I hope some mod comes out that uses this to have NPC's actually aproach you. I know you could get a prostitute mod that lets you aproach "clients", and there are mods out there with prostitutes (no sexlab though, but that's not necesairily a bad thing...just not implemented well) but there are no mods, other than horny followers, that actually have other people ask you for sex...and horny followers is only about demanding some when you ask for a trade.

I hope some mod comes out that uses this to have NPC's actually aproach you. I know you could get a prostitute mod that lets you aproach "clients", and there are mods out there with prostitutes (no sexlab though, but that's not necesairily a bad thing...just not implemented well) but there are no mods, other than horny followers, that actually have other people ask you for sex...and horny followers is only about demanding some when you ask for a trade.

You need to check out the new prostitution mod on this board; clients approach you.

You need to check out the new prostitution mod on this board; clients approach you.

I think he means, if you don't want to be a prostitute, you still run the risk of having an NPC come up and flirt with your character... or just flat our proposition them for sex.

Frosfall allows the user to asses the "weather insulation" level of the armors he/she is using. You activate the wear system, and the next armor/dress/bikini/whatever you put up, a menu pops up and lets you asses the warmness level.
It would be nice to have something like this inplemente in the framework, regarding dress skimpyness of course....

Frosfall allows the user to asses the "weather insulation" level of the armors he/she is using. You activate the wear system, and the next armor/dress/bikini/whatever you put up, a menu pops up and lets you asses the warmness level.

It would be nice to have something like this inplemente in the framework, regarding dress skimpyness of course....

That will probably need to be implemented by a support framework, similar to the way redneck has spun off his arousal mechanism. 

So many possibilities, so few modders. Thank you to all that have stepped up so far.

SexLab is the animation framework, SexLab Aroused is (WIP) framework for tracking sexual arousal. The first one is required for animations, the latter will be required for some SexLab mods, but not all. Besides, SexLab Arousal does frequire Sexlab:-)

EDIT: Sorry, I have misread your post:-( Well, LC is a current version of the mod, which is getting reorganised - ripping the arousal to a standalone framework, which means that when SexLab Arousal is ready, LC will be updated/reworked to require SexLab Arousal for it to function. Does that make sense?

EDIT2: And :ph34r: by RDKateran...

Hi and greetings from Germany!

I'm a little confused about the exact difference between SL Aroused and LC. Why are there two different mods with basically the same features?

Thanks  :P

Yes, that makes perfect sense, thank you so much!

I love the idea of this mod, so thank you for making it. It certainly solves some of the things I'm working on right now. I am curious about a few things though ...

I'm thinking about trying to put together a mod that allows the PC to set their own attractiveness as well as various fetishes/preferences. I haven't decided what mechanism the PC can use, I'm thinking about a MCM menu if I can figure that part out. Right now its just on the drawing board and I have a lot more experience I want to get doing simpler stuff first ... but, I thought I'd check on some stuff before even getting to far with the planning stages...

1. Can these things be done? I mean, can I create a plugin that modifies the ways your system the increases NPC/PC arousal? Or changes the amount of arousal that is decreased by sex or by rape?

For instance, maybe have a likes Elf Lover faction and if the pc is in this faction, their arousal when seeing naked elves is higher and elf sex decreases their arousal less (or more?) to simulate a person who has a fetish for elves.

Or otherwise change the formula ... i.e. have a faction called "Nymphomaniac" and if the pc is in that faction then the time rate in your formula is higher ... :  (Exposure * ExposureRate) + (DaysSinceLastSex * TimeRate)

Or would this require me to create my own arousal framework? I don't particularly want to have to remake the wheel, so if I can just enhance your system that would be good.

2. Would modifications via the system I'm trying to set up carry over to other mods that were using your system? I assume so. I mean, if all my plugin does is modify the ways or rate at which people get aroused and someone elses plugin is just taking advantage of the PC/NPC arousal levels then that should work together, right?

I'm sorry if my questions seem a little stupid or obvious ... I'm learning scripting in Skyrim but I'm still new to it ... so I'm not sure what is a stupid question and what isn't.

I love the idea of this mod, so thank you for making it. It certainly solves some of the things I'm working on right now. I am curious about a few things though ...

I'm thinking about trying to put together a mod that allows the PC to set their own attractiveness as well as various fetishes/preferences. I haven't decided what mechanism the PC can use, I'm thinking about a MCM menu if I can figure that part out. Right now its just on the drawing board and I have a lot more experience I want to get doing simpler stuff first ... but, I thought I'd check on some stuff before even getting to far with the planning stages...

1. Can these things be done? I mean, can I create a plugin that modifies the ways your system the increases NPC/PC arousal? Or changes the amount of arousal that is decreased by sex or by rape?

For instance, maybe have a likes Elf Lover faction and if the pc is in this faction, their arousal when seeing naked elves is higher and elf sex decreases their arousal less (or more?) to simulate a person who has a fetish for elves.

Or otherwise change the formula ... i.e. have a faction called "Nymphomaniac" and if the pc is in that faction then the time rate in your formula is higher ... :  (Exposure * ExposureRate) + (DaysSinceLastSex * TimeRate)

Or would this require me to create my own arousal framework? I don't particularly want to have to remake the wheel, so if I can just enhance your system that would be good.

2. Would modifications via the system I'm trying to set up carry over to other mods that were using your system? I assume so. I mean, if all my plugin does is modify the ways or rate at which people get aroused and someone elses plugin is just taking advantage of the PC/NPC arousal levels then that should work together, right?

I'm sorry if my questions seem a little stupid or obvious ... I'm learning scripting in Skyrim but I'm still new to it ... so I'm not sure what is a stupid question and what isn't.

1. Yes, you can.

Via "sla_Exposure":

You can increase it by +1 if PC sees Elfs, assuming PC has fatish for Elfs

Or you can decrease it by -1 if PC sees Old Orc

2. The goal of SexLab Arousal is to create the medium that would allow from one side to modify arousal, from some mods,

and from another side any mod can check arousal then show dialogues and/or preform actions based on arousal.

So if your system would increase Expousre by +1 the resulting Arousal would be availble for everybody.

no npc around skyrim are getting aroused only pc and followers do you have to do something to start?

Like in LC time part of arousal starts ticking only after PC/NPC had sex.

Otherwise within few game weeks all Skyrim will be full in sex hungry rapists.

I still feel this should've been integrated into Sexlab directly so sex acts from other mods use it inherently.

SexLab is meant to be a pure Animation Framework, no sex framework, so none of such stuff will find it's way into SexLab.

Ashal made this pretty clear and i think he's completly right.

We may end up with mods that have a shit-load of dependencies to other frameworks, but we end up as well, with mods that differ more from each other.

More frameworks = less conflicting mods = more variations = more mods that offer a different experience.

As mod creater, I don't mind that arousal would be integated in SexLab framework, more content and less work for me.

But from technical perspective, I think that SexLab is already overloaded with features, and best it should be focusing on providing smooth animation platform both for users and for modders.

Would this mod be a good place to implement a sexual orientation feature?

Like, every male has a x% chance to like males, a y% chance to like females and a z% chance to like creatures, and for females the same (and maybe for creatures, too). The chances could be set in the MCM, and you could finetune the orientation of individual NPCs via a lesser power.

I don't have much experience yet but adding a non-playable item(s) to the NPCs inventory sounds like a good idea to implement this; if you remove the mod the items should be removed without leaving traces.

Then, your mod could check for the orientation of an actor and depending on it show a different reaction to another naked NPC, e.g. if an actor only has the "like males" item a naked female would arouse them less, not at all or even turn them off; similar you could check if a sex act involves an actor the NPCs lusts for.

Other mods could check for the orientation to let NPCs react differently.

SexLab already has sexual orintation feature.

SexLab Aroused uses it, so for exaple Lesbain PC gets +2 arousal from seeing maked female and only +1 from seeing naked male.

SexLab already has sexual orintation feature.

SexLab Aroused uses it, so for exaple Lesbain PC gets +2 arousal from seeing maked female and only +1 from seeing naked male.

Yeap, but as far as I've understood SLF only features sexual oriantion for the PC, not for NPCs; am I mistaken here?

Hey. Just thought I'd let you know. My papyrus log is telling me to warn you of this.

Are you using "HookThread" script? It says that it's going to be removed in the next version of sexlab framework and to start using "HookController()" instead. Also I think your mod is causing my game to crash every time I try and save after a sex act. :( At least ones initiated by randomsex and defeat. I don't think your arousal system is meshing with them properly. Doing more in-detail testing now.

Here's the exact copy-paste.

[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM] -- ATTENTION MODDER: SEXLAB DEPRECATION NOTICE ---------------------------------------------
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM]  HookThread() is deprecated and will be removed in the next major update of SexLab.
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM]  Update your mod to use HookController() instead, or notify the creator
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM]  of the mod which is calling it
[08/17/2013 - 01:01:09PM] Warning:  HookThread() Called By:

tack:
    <unknown self>.Debug.TraceStack() - "<native>" Line ?
    [sexLabSystem (06000D62)].sexlabframework._Deprecate() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 1280
    [sexLabSystem (06000D62)].sexlabframework.HookThread() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 804
    [sexLabSquirt (340012C8)].SexLabSquirt.ActorStartSquirt() - "SexLabSquirt.psc" Line 29