hi, 
I like this mod and respect for the work already done, I thought of some features that would be cool to see added, such as a concoction that would block the delivery of eggs the player would be blocked pregnant until he has consumed another that would trigger delivery, or that could trigger delivery at any time of pregnancy.
Another would be that if the player carries too many eggs and has too much of a growth spurt his belly could end up bursting with eggs, fatally or not for the player.

22 hours ago, fanchjunior said:

hi, 
I like this mod and respect for the work already done, I thought of some features that would be cool to see added, such as a concoction that would block the delivery of eggs the player would be blocked pregnant until he has consumed another that would trigger delivery, or that could trigger delivery at any time of pregnancy.
Another would be that if the player carries too many eggs and has too much of a growth spurt his belly could end up bursting with eggs, fatally or not for the player.

Forever preggo concoction is a possibility. That could be combined with manual egg pushing "for relief" using a hotkey. Manual pushing during labor is something I've been thinking of adding. Not sure about fatal consequences. The egg loads keep growing, so becoming an egg-layer would be a death sentence..

EDIT: I got another question because I'm really only noticing it now. Does the "Ideal Egg Capacity" refer to actually potential number of eggs or capacity of eggs in kilograms? I'm somewhat confused because I've noticed that after 64 eggnancies my character seems to have hit a plateau where clutch size/kilogram growth is either extremely slow or going backwards, even. My character's "Ideal Egg Capacity" atm is 33. I've noticed with small creature eggs (rad roach, stingwing, etc) the clutch size rarely exceeds 13-14. With larger creatures even less. Anything bigger than an insect I'm lucky to get 4 eggs (mirelurk, gulper, etc). Deathclaws and Mirelurk queens only ever give me 1 egg. Is it condition based or RNG based? IDK if something is just up on my end or if I've just been extremely unlucky. This is with all magazines collected and without growth spurts/suspicious growth potions. Trying to figure out how to get to that fabled 'broodmother' status without having to rely on growth potions.

I also like the idea of a "forever preggo" concoction. One thing I always wondered about was the idea of like invasive experiments the zetans would perform on the player time to time. I imagine just different forms of pregnancy like a 'forever pregnancy' or even getting to such a high egg laying level that they start using the player as a literal zetan baby/egg factory. I'm not a fan of fatal stuff but I like the idea of the player's/egg layer's clutch growing to critical mass, then the zetans intervene before it becomes fatal.

Edited by Kendri
rephrasing question
On 9/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, Kendri said:

EDIT: I got another question because I'm really only noticing it now. Does the "Ideal Egg Capacity" refer to actually potential number of eggs or capacity of eggs in kilograms?

<snip>

Ideal egg capacity is about imaginary Zetan kilograms. It stops growing naturally after around 12-15 kg. Each species have a minimum and maximum for the amount of eggs. The amount of eggs is randomized between those two values. If the amount of eggs weighs more than 0.5 kg over the ideal egg capacity, the number of eggs is reduced. 

For example, normal Angler eggs have an internal weight of 3.4, bigger version being 4.4. Minimum amount for Angler eggs is 3, the maximum is 6. The chance for a bigger egg is 10%. Let's say RNG gives 4 starting eggs and one of them is big. That's 3*3.4 + 4.4 = 14.6. Ideal egg capacity is in this example only 6.4. The big egg and one smaller gets removed: two small ones are left, resulting in 2*3.4 = 6.8. Ideal egg capacity is increased at the end of the pregnancy, because 6.8 > 6.4. All of this flies out of the window when an anomaly happens or a growth concoction is consumed.

This information is old (haven't updated the spreadsheet for a while and the weights have been adjusted), but gives a better idea how the "starting situation" is implemented currently.

Spoiler
    Eggs min Egg max Normal Big Normal min Normal max
0 Mirelurk 3 6 2,4 0 7,2 14,4
1 Deathclaw 2 3 4,2 6,2 8,4 12,6
2 Bloatfly 12 24 0,5 0 6 12
3 Stingwing 12 24 0,5 0 6 12
4 Bloodbug 12 24 0,5 0 6 12
5 Radroach 12 24 0,5 0 6 12
6 Radscorpion 3 6 2,2 6,8 6,6 13,2
7 Iguana 6 12 1,1 3,2 6,6 13,2
8 Gecko 6 10 1,3 3,8 7,8 13
9 Giant Ant 6 10 1,2 0 7,2 12
10 Cazador 6 10 1,2 0 7,2 12
11 Mantis 10 18 0,7 0 7 12,6
12 Rad Chicken 24 42 0,3 1,8 7,2 12,6
13 Angler 3 6 2,4 6,4 7,2 14,4
14 Gulper 3 6 2,4 6,4 7,2 14,4
15 Fog Crawler 3 6 2,4 6,4 7,2 14,4
16 Gatorclaw 3 6 2,4 6,4 7,2 14,4
17 Cave Cricket 10 18 0,7 0 7 12,6
18 Alien Squid 10 16 0,8 0 8 12,8
19 Alien worm 16 24 0,5 0 8 12
20 Hermit Crab 4 6 2,2 6,8 8,8 13,2
21 Mirelurk Queen 1 2 6,8 0 6,8 13,6
22 Experiment 6 10 1,2 0 7,2 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 2:04 AM, Alfakentauri said:

The dormant thing happens when npcs are tricked with jellied food items and should stop happening after 10 pregnancies. Fixable by putting a growth concoction into the npc's inventory or just by using the device on the offending npc and selecting "resume egg production" option.

I know it's pretty silly, but I can't find a growth concoction. What is this thing and how do I acquire it?

And I also try to click the button halt/resume egg production but my companion still can't produce any eggs.

Please help!

It's really an amazing mod and adding so much fun into the game. Please help me and let my companion keep producing eggs!

14 hours ago, jackybear149 said:

I know it's pretty silly, but I can't find a growth concoction. What is this thing and how do I acquire it?

And I also try to click the button halt/resume egg production but my companion still can't produce any eggs.

Please help!

Chem dealers sell growth/speed concoctions (Solomon and Wolfgang). Magazine #5 has the recipes for crafting. There's a couple of concoctions ready to be picked up next to the magazine.

The magazine and "sampler" bottles are located at this pier building in downtown Boston:

Spoiler

magnumba5.jpg.d7fa03ae7e4b4469fe6cede7997bb561.jpg

There's a delay before status updates after selecting halt/stop. Maybe that's the issue? I'm about to start a test run, so I'll that to the list of things to go through.

1 hour ago, Alfakentauri said:

Chem dealers sell growth/speed concoctions (Solomon and Wolfgang). Magazine #5 has the recipes for crafting. There's a couple of concoctions ready to be picked up next to the magazine.

The magazine and "sampler" bottles are located at this pier building in downtown Boston:

Reveal hidden contents

magnumba5.jpg.d7fa03ae7e4b4469fe6cede7997bb561.jpg

There's a delay before status updates after selecting halt/stop. Maybe that's the issue? I'm about to start a test run, so I'll that to the list of things to go through.

Thank you so much for this detailed reply!

I found the magazine and was able to create growth concoctions from the cook station. Now my companion is ready to continue producing eggs!

Really love this mod and feel that you put so much efforts into this. Just can't wait the next update!

5 hours ago, DrDieGore said:

Where do I get the last 2 Magazines? As they don't show up as quest markers.

For #9, head to General Atomics Galleria.

Spoiler

magnumba9.jpg.cf6536324e35b293b166f7ba3f261adb.jpg

#10 is near Salem, inside the small cafe.

Spoiler

magnumba10.jpg.43cfda39d77b5effe11afd8c29c59487.jpg

If the mission objectives are missing (not just the markers), it's most likely a result of starting the locater quest before those two mags were added. Cancelling the quest and then restarting it using the device should fix the problem.

13 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

For #9, head to General Atomics Galleria.

Reveal hidden contents

magnumba9.jpg.cf6536324e35b293b166f7ba3f261adb.jpg

#10 is near Salem, inside the small cafe.

Reveal hidden contents

magnumba10.jpg.43cfda39d77b5effe11afd8c29c59487.jpg

If the mission objectives are missing (not just the markers), it's most likely a result of starting the locater quest before those two mags were added. Cancelling the quest and then restarting it using the device should fix the problem.

Thank you so  much for both the advice and a kick ass mod.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:07 AM, Alfakentauri said:

Forever preggo concoction is a possibility. That could be combined with manual egg pushing "for relief" using a hotkey. Manual pushing during labor is something I've been thinking of adding. Not sure about fatal consequences. The egg loads keep growing, so becoming an egg-layer would be a death sentence..

Or with the whole Radiation going on there could be an option to evolve into something different like the whole idea with ghoulish adjusting the player to the radiation so maybe some perks for this could be an option,...

On 10/13/2023 at 9:35 PM, Donar7 said:

Or with the whole Radiation going on there could be an option to evolve into something different like the whole idea with ghoulish adjusting the player to the radiation so maybe some perks for this could be an option,...

What one evolves into, of course, is a walking egg factory, har-har..

The perks system needs an overhaul. I know what I need: Permanent change perks for having x amount pregnancies of certain species, some new temporary species-specific perks that use the (re)-trigger system and then some active effects that don't last so long. All of this on top of the existing preggo benefits. I don't want to flood the Pip-Boy menus with all of this stuff. What I'm saying that any transformation-related things I'm planning aren't going to be very immersive, probably just some lists of changes inside a messagebox. 

Hmm, I think I must have broken something. My character went into labor, but never started... laboring? Perks indicate she's in labor, her walking is slowed, MCM says she's in labor, I've tried waiting several hours in-game... but she won't progress through labor! Any idea how I can fix this? Going back a save is hopefully not the only option, as I forgot to save for a while before this.

8 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Hmm, I think I must have broken something. My character went into labor, but never started... laboring? Perks indicate she's in labor, her walking is slowed, MCM says she's in labor, I've tried waiting several hours in-game... but she won't progress through labor! Any idea how I can fix this? Going back a save is hopefully not the only option, as I forgot to save for a while before this.

Something might delaying the "output": being in combat or inside power armor, which both are MCM settings. I would first try tweaking those settings. I've this extra settler mod installed that puts a constantly force greeting ? settler in Diamond City market. Even if I travel across the Commonwealth, I'm still in conversation with her and that causes a pause in the output. Speaking to someone else or a comp I believe resolves that particular problem.

Maybe I should add a rapid fire mode / flush the system command to the device for special occasions.

Also, in theory, since labor is spawning items into the world, the whole labor script can get stuck for quite a while if game assets are missing, but that would require a really messed up installation or something wrong with ba2 file that has nif files stored.

Edited by Alfakentauri
1 hour ago, Alfakentauri said:

Something might delaying the "output": being in combat or inside power armor, which both are MCM settings. I would first try tweaking those settings. I've this extra settler mod installed that puts a constantly force greeting ? settler in Diamond City market. Even if I travel across the Commonwealth, I'm still in conversation with her and that causes a pause in the output. Speaking to someone else or a comp I believe resolves that particular problem.

Maybe I should add a rapid fire mode / flush the system command to the device for special occasions.

Also, in theory, since labor is spawning items into the world, the whole labor script can get stuck for quite a while if game assets are missing, but that would require a really messed up installation or something wrong with ba2 file that has nif files stored.

I saved and reloaded, and on reloading my character immediately started pushing lol. I think you're right, I think it was a force-greet gone wrong.

21 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I saved and reloaded, and on reloading my character immediately started pushing lol. I think you're right, I think it was a force-greet gone wrong.

Or some scene didn't terminate correctly. It happens. 

11 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Is there anything else after the Search for Intel quest? I got all the magazines, always hoping for more "sexy lore" in-game :)

No. I need to improve the existing mags before I can add more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 1:36 AM, Sometimes15 said:

Is it possible to adjust the internal size of the eggs to have more/less of them per egg cycle, either through f04edit or the ck? I'm a noob when it comes to the ck, so I am unsure where to find those values, or if they're present at all.     

The system is a bit complex and there's some randomness involved to make things more interesting. Each egg type has their own settings, but they are hard-coded in the scripts. If you are looking to change those values, you would need to compile the scripts again. Only the inventory weights for the eggs can be changed using FO4Eedit/CK and it should be safe to do so. 

The egg yields may feel a bit too small at the beginning, but they'll get bigger with more pregnancies; perhaps too big thanks to growth spurts. One way to deal with it, is to limit capacity using MCM settings. Another way is to lower the morph belly size (multiplier or max).