but you don't care

So what is right

and what is wrong?
Give me a sign

What is love?

Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me,

no more

Love is about loving yourself first without ego because how can you love others if you do not love yourself, love is about allowing others to be the person they want to be despite your take on right or wrong its not for you to judge allow them to judge themselfs, love is about loving everything from the blade of grass under your feet to the universes above your head and everything in between, love is not one person but every person around you and beyond equaly, finaly love is an attitude that brings further love to you the more you express it, much love to all.

18 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

No Cure fans here I guess.... girls used to go nuts for this band bitd.

Ummmm luv The Cure. Burn is my favorite song. Also live Just Like Heaven, but they're is something really sexy about Burn.

Also helps, that it's in The Crow.

Edited by zelphador23
3 hours ago, JessieJim said:

Love is trust and respect. 

Best answer.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:28 AM, CPU said:

No, I don't know

why you're not there
I give you my love,

but you don't care

So what is right

and what is wrong?
Give me a sign

What is love?

Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me,

no more

If you're not seeing Haddaway dancing down the hallway in your dreams are you even in love? Me thinks not.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, JessieJim said:

Love is trust and respect.

Love is Chemistry, if you have that, all other matters will fall into a perfect alignment.

My belief is you choose to do/not to do, all the things everyone here has chosen to attach to "What is Love"

Figure-1-1.webp

Edited by caveman74
1 hour ago, caveman74 said:

Love is Chemistry, if you have that, all other matters will fall into a perfect alignment.

My belief is you choose to do/not to do, all the things everyone here has chosen to attach to "What is Love"

Figure-1-1.webp

You confuse human relationships, drives with love, simply love is giving without expecting anything in return

2 hours ago, MaxRex said:

You confuse human relationships, drives with love, simply love is giving without expecting anything in return

Respectfully, I think you are confusing Giving with Love.

"Love" to me is just a "chemical" in the body (I won't list them) that causes all the emotions and feelings associated with the feeling of "Love", Giving, Receiving, Sharing, Bonding, Pleasure, etc. These are "Choices based on the "Chemical level stimulated by your "Partner" not a "Divine Intervention" of the Mystical Sprites.

You can also "Choose" to hate, there are enough Haters out there to prove my point. I mean what do you call Hate, is it a Thing that feeds you, such as "giving without expectations"?

This is as stated earlier, My Personal Viewpoint.

Too many profess love and Kill, Maim, Cheat, Hurt, cause Emotional Distress, Abuse, Steal, Deceive, cause Pain, and on, and on, whether they are your significant other, Marriage partner, GF, BF, the Church, The Gov't, whatever.

Do not speak of Love and do these things to anyone as how can you "Love" and do them? (not you personally, a Generalization)

I respectfully disagree, although I am not trying to force my opinion on anyone, Thankfully we should agree to disagree and be happy the world is not Homogenous, it would be very boring if we all thought the same, looked the same, besides where would we get stimulating, thought provoking ideas, and conversation to ponder???           Peace

Edited by caveman74

Of Course Lets look at the Phrase "Love is Never having to say your Sorry" 

I ask anyone here, have you lived up to that? I have not! True "Love" would be Infallible, Perfect, I am neither of those things!

1 hour ago, caveman74 said:

Of Course Lets look at the Phrase "Love is Never having to say your Sorry" 

I ask anyone here, have you lived up to that? I have not! True "Love" would be Infallible, Perfect, I am neither of those things!

I will try to explain how I see it, I doubt I will succeed. When someone says love, what's the first thing you think of?

I assume there will be something from your life that is connected to you based on your perception of connection.

Perception can be acquired or constructed, Mother, Father, Child... it is an acquired drive for love, with growing up and the passage of time, that love builds or breaks down.

The love that is constructed is triggered by different motives, companionship, sexual attraction, marriage...

it is also built with the passage of time and giving the same emotions that we feel towards our parents and children.