Hello, I'm not sure if the mod author is still working on this mod or not but I saw some issues/bugs.

1st – Submit on Bandit Chief does not work properly

After I use my shout to get bandit chiefs to surrender, they initially say “I yield / I surrender” and then start walking around as if they are friendly NPCs. When I talk to them, they just do a generic response like “need something”. No dialog option becomes available. This happened to all bandit chiefs I encountered.

2nd- Wait function does not work properly most of the time

After I make an NPC (usually a bandit or a vampire) to surrender, I tell to wait for me because I need to clear out the current cave/dungeon first before I sell them to the guards. However, when I comeback, they become a friendly NPCs with no additional dialog options. I can’t interact with them other than outright killing them with my weapon/magic.

Those are the major problems I saw with the mod.

Otherwise I wish there is some kind of jail system instead of guards instantly killing the bandits on the street. I think it’s weird to have random guard to pay me and kill the bandit as soon as I hand over. Is there any way to make them to travel to the prison and maybe spend a day or two before getting executed? Really wish that is an option. (kind of like a lite version of paradise halls?)

I know this mod is really old and the game is even older, but I still primarily use this to role play an aggressive male hero. I think this is better than defeat in a way that it allows to actually converse with your foes instead of a menu system.  Still I am not sure if anyone is still working on this but please let me know if someone is still updating this mod.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old mod and unlikely to get a response, but I could use a hand...

I installed this mod and everything works fine, except that my opponent's never accept my surrender.  If I try to manually submit I get "Invalid Target, Target automatically resists."
Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

I know this is an old mod and unlikely to get a response, but I could use a hand...

I installed this mod and everything works fine, except that my opponent's never accept my surrender.  If I try to manually submit I get "Invalid Target, Target automatically resists."

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

That message is only displayed when trying to make the target submit. not when you are trying to submit to the target.

• 3 weeks later...

WaxenFigure, is it possible for you to release your Submit patches in the simple patch form instead of already merged into a complete edition of the mod?

I use my own extremely heavily modified version of Submit based on the last official release, and it is also linked to several other mods of my own creation. I started with submit as a base because it already has a good fully voiced dialogue system and some other useful things and modified everything from there, editing scripts, the ESPs, adding new gameplay systems and dialogue etc. I also added integration with Defeat and some other mods. However I haven't touched the cloaking stuff and I have noticed already that submit causes CTDs sometimes. I can't really install your full version because like I said I'm already using my own version, so if you can just post your fixes in patch format with only the changed files it would be much easier for me to merge your fixes in with my personal version. Thanks for reading

WaxenFigure, is it possible for you to release your Submit patches in the simple patch form instead of already merged into a complete edition of the mod?

I use my own extremely heavily modified version of Submit based on the last official release, and it is also linked to several other mods of my own creation. I started with submit as a base because it already has a good fully voiced dialogue system and some other useful things and modified everything from there, editing scripts, the ESPs, adding new gameplay systems and dialogue etc. I also added integration with Defeat and some other mods. However I haven't touched the cloaking stuff and I have noticed already that submit causes CTDs sometimes. I can't really install your full version because like I said I'm already using my own version, so if you can just post your fixes in patch format with only the changed files it would be much easier for me to merge your fixes in with my personal version. Thanks for reading

I'll try to remember to do that, one of the fixes is no longer needed since the bug in the Papyrus Util was fixed but the others should be easy enough to extract and make a standalone path for.

Remind me if I forget to do this in the next few days.

I would end up using TESVEDIT to do this but it's only a few records you'll want in the first place so all you really need to do is rename the ESP from my patch, load both it and the ESP from your version of submit in TESVEDIT.

Modify the Header record in your version of Submit to turn on the ESM flag.  Modify the list of masters in my patched ESM to add the name "Sexlab Submit.esp" (which should be the name of your version) and then exit TESVEDIT and save them both,

Now load them both up in TESVEDIT again and look at the MGEF (Magic Effects) records. The changes to those records should be showing side-by-side with the records from your version (which is why you should do the bit above)> Now it should be very easy to simply drag and drop the conditions I added to the magic effects I modified from my version of the mod to yours (just place the mouse in the blank "Conditions" space above the first condition and then drag and drop it from my patch to your version).

Once you've finished copying those conditions you can change the header record to no longer have the ESM flag and of course remove the esp file from my patched version.

Then you need to examine the changes to the scripts I made so you can mirror them to your version as well, but since you are already customizing your version you'll need to check each one carefully against your changes.

I'll try to remember to do that, one of the fixes is no longer needed since the bug in the Papyrus Util was fixed but the others should be easy enough to extract and make a standalone path for.

Remind me if I forget to do this in the next few days.

I would end up using TESVEDIT to do this but it's only a few records you'll want in the first place so all you really need to do is rename the ESP from my patch, load both it and the ESP from your version of submit in TESVEDIT.

Modify the Header record in your version of Submit to turn on the ESM flag.  Modify the list of masters in my patched ESM to add the name "Sexlab Submit.esp" (which should be the name of your version) and then exit TESVEDIT and save them both,

Now load them both up in TESVEDIT again and look at the MGEF (Magic Effects) records. The changes to those records should be showing side-by-side with the records from your version (which is why you should do the bit above)> Now it should be very easy to simply drag and drop the conditions I added to the magic effects I modified from my version of the mod to yours (just place the mouse in the blank "Conditions" space above the first condition and then drag and drop it from my patch to your version).

Once you've finished copying those conditions you can change the header record to no longer have the ESM flag and of course remove the esp file from my patched version.

Then you need to examine the changes to the scripts I made so you can mirror them to your version as well, but since you are already customizing your version you'll need to check each one carefully against your changes.

Thanks for replying. Yeah, those are easy fixes, I mainly just wanted to know what specifically you changed so that I wouldn't have to track down the changes myself via comparison. Based on the wording in your original post, it sounded like you had a patch package already ready.

But anyway, I'm an idiot. I just sat down to do a comparison and merge and found out that I actually built my version from your version in the first place, not the 1133 official version... looks like I took my time to find the latest patches and then forgot all about it...

Thanks for replying. Yeah, those are easy fixes, I mainly just wanted to know what specifically you changed so that I wouldn't have to track down the changes myself via comparison. Based on the wording in your original post, it sounded like you had a patch package already ready.

But anyway, I'm an idiot. I just sat down to do a comparison and merge and found out that I actually built my version from your version in the first place, not the 1133 official version... looks like I took my time to find the latest patches and then forgot all about it...

I'm building my own custom version now too, since all I ever use from it now is the cleverly done dialogues for initiating sex I am working to cut the mod down to just that and of course fix up the sex acts it selects since it allows the guro and other rough acts by FunnyBiz in the acts that shouldn't have them. A little work on the tags for selection though and things will be fine.

I don't use the player victim portion at all, but I do use the rest of the mod in conjuction with my own customized version of Defeat (forked off from several versions back...). I overhauled the dialogue stuff (and added lots of new dialogues too) and fixed/updated all of the SL related script stuff (stripping, tags and tag suppression, etc.). I made all of the dialogue systems (seduction/bribery) more immersive, rebalanced the whole thing to be more difficult (but also taking your achievements into much larger account) and also to use the full range of vanilla relation ranks and made it so it actually takes some time and effort to impress NPCs enough to raise their relation all the way to 4 (takes into account vanilla and SL player stats plus number of orgasms and calculates a chance to raise relation rank, rather than just a free automatic increase like vanilla submit and SLEN). Everything is tied to speechcraft (vanilla submit does this somewhat with its chances and persuasion rewards, but its not balanced that well IMO), and I capped it so once an NPC becomes a rank 4 lover you can't get speechcraft increases from them anymore. So you can't just seduce 1 NPC for the entire game and end up with 100 speech, you have to actually become skilled at seducing many NPCs if you want to increase speech that way... And I added actual timed buffs and effects based on various factors so there is an actual gameplay point to having sex.

I've got Submit as a master for other stuff too. For example I added a lot of factions in submit that act as chance modifiers for successful seduction/bribery. Then distribute those factions in NPC overhaul mods... so promiscuous NPCs like Haelga are easier, rich NPCs will laugh if you try to bribe them, wench/barkeeper style NPCs are much easier to bribe, etc.

I also expanded the rudimentary bounty capture mechanic into a full slavery system to replace paradise halls (originally I was thinking about starting with paradise halls and fixing the voices, but it's a tangled mess and it was a lot easier to start with submit). The capture and bounty turn in is still there but I also added a full training system using the vanilla relation rank system (-4 to +4) and vanilla housecarl faction. The mod Relationship Dialogue Overhaul on nexus provides tons of additional shared dialogue for vanilla voice types that you can use to fully voice everything in addition to the shared dialogue already in vanilla Skyrim and vanilla Submit. I also integrated with Defeat for seamless usage of both mods features. For example, defeat a bandit and tie them up with Defeat. Then enslave them through submit's dialogue which seamlessly unties them and frees them from Defeat's states and transfers them into submit's tied up following you around state. Also, using submit's shout/grapple features seamless puts them into Defeat's knockdown state. Stuff like that. And a lot of other little things I'm forgetting...

Submit is a really good base to work from. Basically I've created a replacement for both SLEN and Paradise Halls that is fully voiced for almost every NPC in the game (thanks to RDO even many unique voiced NPCs like Valerica) and featuring an immersive relationship system... (actually all of this required a lot of modding to the vanilla game as well to keep things seamless... especially with regards to assaults, generic dialogue, and follower dialogue... added all sorts of edits and conditioning into vanilla dialogue quests to prevent weird bipolar NPC issues)

I don't use the player victim portion at all, but I do use the rest of the mod in conjuction with my own customized version of Defeat (forked off from several versions back...). I overhauled the dialogue stuff (and added lots of new dialogues too) and fixed/updated all of the SL related script stuff (stripping, tags and tag suppression, etc.). I made all of the dialogue systems (seduction/bribery) more immersive, rebalanced the whole thing to be more difficult (but also taking your achievements into much larger account) and also to use the full range of vanilla relation ranks and made it so it actually takes some time and effort to impress NPCs enough to raise their relation all the way to 4 (takes into account vanilla and SL player stats plus number of orgasms and calculates a chance to raise relation rank, rather than just a free automatic increase like vanilla submit and SLEN). Everything is tied to speechcraft (vanilla submit does this somewhat with its chances and persuasion rewards, but its not balanced that well IMO), and I capped it so once an NPC becomes a rank 4 lover you can't get speechcraft increases from them anymore. So you can't just seduce 1 NPC for the entire game and end up with 100 speech, you have to actually become skilled at seducing many NPCs if you want to increase speech that way... And I added actual timed buffs and effects based on various factors so there is an actual gameplay point to having sex.

I've got Submit as a master for other stuff too. For example I added a lot of factions in submit that act as chance modifiers for successful seduction/bribery. Then distribute those factions in NPC overhaul mods... so promiscuous NPCs like Haelga are easier, rich NPCs will laugh if you try to bribe them, wench/barkeeper style NPCs are much easier to bribe, etc.

I also expanded the rudimentary bounty capture mechanic into a full slavery system to replace paradise halls (originally I was thinking about starting with paradise halls and fixing the voices, but it's a tangled mess and it was a lot easier to start with submit). The capture and bounty turn in is still there but I also added a full training system using the vanilla relation rank system (-4 to +4) and vanilla housecarl faction. The mod Relationship Dialogue Overhaul on nexus provides tons of additional shared dialogue for vanilla voice types that you can use to fully voice everything in addition to the shared dialogue already in vanilla Skyrim and vanilla Submit. I also integrated with Defeat for seamless usage of both mods features. For example, defeat a bandit and tie them up with Defeat. Then enslave them through submit's dialogue which seamlessly unties them and frees them from Defeat's states and transfers them into submit's tied up following you around state. Also, using submit's shout/grapple features seamless puts them into Defeat's knockdown state. Stuff like that. And a lot of other little things I'm forgetting...

Submit is a really good base to work from. Basically I've created a replacement for both SLEN and Paradise Halls that is fully voiced for almost every NPC in the game (thanks to RDO even many unique voiced NPCs like Valerica) and featuring an immersive relationship system... (actually all of this required a lot of modding to the vanilla game as well to keep things seamless... especially with regards to assaults, generic dialogue, and follower dialogue... added all sorts of edits and conditioning into vanilla dialogue quests to prevent weird bipolar NPC issues)

Sounds pretty good, have you considered releasing it? Of course that would come with a shit-load of "can you do this" requests and "hey, I can't find my ass with both hands, a map and a video tutorial" messages but there would also be people who might be able to enjoy that without needing their hands held too.

I was wondering if I should even share that information since I figured people might ask for it to be released, but I decided to go ahead and post it if only for inspirational purposes... I know many of the skilled people on this site might read some of that and replicate it themselves or create something similar.

Right now, it's not really in a releasable state. I didn't intend on modifying things to this level, I just started tweaking some things I wasn't satisfied with (not just submit, basically any mod) and went down the rabbit hole. Since I didn't start with a release in mind, I haven't really been documenting things properly nor doing things in the proper fashion for packaging a distributable file that anyone can use. I've been linking any and all mods together willy-nilly as needed and editing things in places that I wouldn't have otherwise if creating it for release (rather than making separate patches, I put a lot of edits to vanilla stuff and Defeat stuff inside Submit since both of those are masters and it's just faster for me and I'm at the ESP limit). Basically I just do everything in the data folder without any regards to anything, knowing full well it will be a huge pain if I ever want to reinstall/transfer the game.

And I'm still modifying things regularly. I started modding SL stuff at the beginning of this year and I want to wrap up by the end of this year since I've wasted too much time already, so maybe I'll consider it one day after I'm done. It's doubtful, I'd have to do a lot of work untangling, testing, and packaging everything, but I may be more willing to do that once I'm finished with modding, for my own archival purposes... but regardless, like I said, there are a lot of skilled people on this website that might take inspiration. ;)

I understand, that's how I ended up taking the now ancient and almost completely unremembered Mini Lovers and Mini Lovers Extended mods and fixing the problems they had because I wanted them to work.

And then watching the forums and seeing other people having the same problems and thinking: I fixed that problem, I added that feature to my copy... so I went ahead and released it and then morphed it into the SexAddicts mod so there would be no conflicts between my version and the original.

Then the first sex framework mod came along and that was such a vastly better thing that I pretty much set the SexAddicts mod aside. I was still vacillating on picking up support for that framework when Ashal decided to do the Sexlab Framework mod and I've been grateful ever since.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I was wondering if it's normal that "Submit" doesn't work with my summoned atronach (as I read this one is not in the list of creatures affected by this mod) and if there's a possibility to makes it work somehow ? I know it's possible to have sex with the Hentai creatures mod (or just matchmaker) but I find your approach a lot more interesting than just spells which assure immediate reward without any thinking.

I was wondering if I should even share that information since I figured people might ask for it to be released, but I decided to go ahead and post it if only for inspirational purposes... I know many of the skilled people on this site might read some of that and replicate it themselves or create something similar.

Right now, it's not really in a releasable state. I didn't intend on modifying things to this level, I just started tweaking some things I wasn't satisfied with (not just submit, basically any mod) and went down the rabbit hole. Since I didn't start with a release in mind, I haven't really been documenting things properly nor doing things in the proper fashion for packaging a distributable file that anyone can use. I've been linking any and all mods together willy-nilly as needed and editing things in places that I wouldn't have otherwise if creating it for release (rather than making separate patches, I put a lot of edits to vanilla stuff and Defeat stuff inside Submit since both of those are masters and it's just faster for me and I'm at the ESP limit). Basically I just do everything in the data folder without any regards to anything, knowing full well it will be a huge pain if I ever want to reinstall/transfer the game.

And I'm still modifying things regularly. I started modding SL stuff at the beginning of this year and I want to wrap up by the end of this year since I've wasted too much time already, so maybe I'll consider it one day after I'm done. It's doubtful, I'd have to do a lot of work untangling, testing, and packaging everything, but I may be more willing to do that once I'm finished with modding, for my own archival purposes... but regardless, like I said, there are a lot of skilled people on this website that might take inspiration. ;)

SL Submit does not give dialogue option for some NPCs. I'd like to know the possible cause and troubleshooting steps we common mortals can follow to fix this. Thank you!   

So is there a chance we could see a SFW version of this mod for the console mods of SE?

I'm just asking because I hate having to kill downed enemies when I'm playing a character who would be more inclined to arrest them and turn them in for bounty work or whatever. It'd be cool if there was a means of tying up almost-dead opponents instead of just having to kill them.

So is there a chance we could see a SFW version of this mod for the console mods of SE?

I'm just asking because I hate having to kill downed enemies when I'm playing a character who would be more inclined to arrest them and turn them in for bounty work or whatever. It'd be cool if there was a means of tying up almost-dead opponents instead of just having to kill them.

There is no chance of that. It is possible someone might make something like that from scratch, but this is too heavily integrated into the sexlab framework and skse.

There is no chance of that. It is possible someone might make something like that from scratch, but this is too heavily integrated into the sexlab framework and skse.

It's not just that it's tied to SexLab.  This mod requires MCM and SKSE for it's own functionality.  So even if it was separated from SexLab, it would still require SKSE and some form of MCM.  As Yegie said. it would require a complete rewrite to work on SSE, let alone on a console.

The author of this mod hasn't been to the forums since November so it's safe to say he's taking a long break at best.

I examined the code some more and found that it used cloaking spells rather extensively and all without any filters on it which mean it always brought in far more NPCs than necessary and that means it generated excessive overhead filtering those NPCs out later in the code and is a primary reason why this mod is a frequent flyer in the stacks dumping issue, especially for people who use mods that add lots of additional NPCs to locations. 

In the case of the guards interrupting sex acts it cast that spell even if the option was turned off and would not check that option until late in it's filtering process which is why it was the most frequent offender in the stack dumps issue.

These are all problems that I think if we had discovered and explained them properly to dkatryl before he went on hiatus he'd have fixed himself.

I made myself a custom patch to not cast the cloak spell if the option is turned off and then added filtering (so it only returns guards in the first place for the worst offending cloak spell) to the various cloak spells to reduce the overhead of this mod.  I then merged in the fix for the CTD problem caused by the bug in the Papyrus Utilities mod and am now going to release a fixed version of the mod (not tested very well but not changed very much either) for those who are interested.

I will try to help out with any issues created by the changes I made but I have no plans to take over development and maintenance of this mod so I'm not adding anything new and have no plans to do so.

attachicon.gifSexLab-Submit 23FEB15 1036.7z <--- Full mod with patches installed.

Found an Error in my Papyrus log that according to TESVEdit, came from this mod.

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyExecute5 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyStay5 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyExecute1 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyStay4 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBounty3 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyStay1 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyExecute2 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyStay2 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyStay3 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBounty5 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBounty1 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBounty4 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBounty2 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyExecute4 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[12/27/2016 - 10:02:02PM] WARNING: Property Alias_ActorBountyExecute3 on script QF__SLSubmit_04001826 attached to _SLSubmit (53001826) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I'm just going through my papyrus since I've been crashing so much and basically posting these papyrus errors everywhere. Hopefully it's helpful.

SL Submit does not give dialogue option for some NPCs. I'd like to know the possible cause and troubleshooting steps we common mortals can follow to fix this. Thank you!   

Hi,

Yes, the "problem" (it's not really a problem, just the way the author designed it) has to be solved by editing the dialogue conditions using the Creation Kit (you can try to use TES5Edit but the Creation Kit is far, far better for this particular task).

All of Submit's dialogue is contained with the _SLSubmit quest. You need to load Submit in the creation kit and open that quest from the quests tab.

You will find all of the player dialogue there. You may want to learn how the dialogue system works if you don't already know. I don't have time to explain it in detail or give steps but basically there is a dialogue tree with individual entries that can be edited. Each entry has a lot of parameters that can be tweaked including the conditions required for the dialogue option to show and what happens when the dialogue is executed. Sometimes there are scripts attached to the dialogue choices.

I've completely overhauled the dialogue system and added new features in my custom version. The original is a good base to work with and all completely voiced using vanilla "shared dialogue". I also use resources like RDO and the Serana Shared Dialogue mod to gain access to even more useful vanilla voice lines.

Submit's original author put a lot of conditions to limit when and on whom Submit can be used. You basically would need to go through all of the dialogues and learn the existing conditions, then come up with a plan to change them as I did. Actually modifying the conditions is easy, but it's a big system so you need to learn it first and have a plan so you don't miss things or mess things up. Of course, you can always take a more carefree approach, for example, just condition the Submit dialogue to show for every NPC, but then you need to have self control in-game to make sure you don't break things by capturing a quest NPC and turning him/her in for a bounty, for example.

Some of what you might want to do can be accomplished not through just changing conditions but editing the hierarchy of the dialogue tree. For example, in the original Submit, you can only access the dialogue to coerce the NPC into submitting to sex after you get rejected asking for consensual sex. But what if you are playing a bad guy and want to just use the coerce dialogue from the beginning? You can't accomplish that by just changing conditions, you need to re-link the dialogue so that you can select it straight from the top. That's one example.

Also, this is just for the dialogues. There are additional restrictions the author included for the player actions, like the grapple and the shout, that prevent you from using them on certain NPCs or under certain other conditions. To change those, you need to edit the scripts attached to those actions. Of course the more you start changing things, the more things can break and need to be fixed. For example, Submit's scripts assume things happen in a certain order, and create variables and run probabilities according to those assumptions. If you start re-ordering dialogue or changing how things work, you will need to fix the scripts. For example, capturing someone for a bounty has a series of things that need to occur (the NPC is added to this faction, then that faction, then the script does this and that, etc.) and if you move things out of order it will break. Another example is the probability calculations for successfully seducing or coercing an NPC... those are really tied to exactly how the author ordered the dialogues and restrictions and will break easily, resulting in the probabilities not "re-rolling" for future dialogue attempts. I had to improve that system to make sure they always fire and reset variables consistently regardless of the dialogue branch edits.