10 hours ago, darkdesires04 said:

Funny, I was thinking on making these changes on my local machine because I have 5 female followers, and only 2 have sex while other 3 are just defeated. So, I could improve your YK mod to handle a larger group of followers, and integrate it with a few other mods like devious devices with some defeat animations, maybe, just for fun. So... if I make these changes, can I share them with other people? Would it be my own mod, or just post the changes here in a thread?

The way YK works here is that it will pick up the player and up to 2 allies (hence only 2 allies are assaulted) and will then distribute assailants in a cyclic behavior

If you add another follower then the (static) distribution will distrbute less actors to each actor - including the player

If you want more than that, you need to add another follower alias and adjust the distribution to give this 3rd follower another set of actors. I do this in my quest by simply naming the groups A (Player), B (Ally 1) and C (Ally 2), you should see that the distribution is roughly A ABC ABC ABC ..., and what you want to change it to A ABCD ABCD ABCD, with D being populated by the same rules as B and C. Then you need to create another Scene which handles the D actors (which is build up the same way Scene B and C are), you need to add another completion quest stage and then adjust the script to appropriately respect this 4th group of assaults

I did choose 2 as the maximum as I assume it would draw the line for most players and allow a somewhat dense distribution for each actor considering Skyrim usually has <6 actors fighting you (s.t. each Victim gets 2-3 assailants). But fundamentally the quest can be expanded to allow any number of groups it just a lot of manual work to setup everything and you might end up with each actor only having 0-1 assailants available, as opposed to 2-3 which is what I was after

2 hours ago, johnhamm said:

With that said, how would a mod that adds post assault content work with the current setup? Since something like FSM can take place after an assault is there a way for it to be queued to take place after YK? I know there's practical defeat that's working on something like that but I was curious if it is intended to do that in the first place

Add ons can do w/e they want to do, its just discouraged doing anything that another mod could do

I might have misunderstand what FSM is or does, or how it would interact with YK tho. I admittedly never took a look at this mod or would know how this mod behaves. I assumed it was about adding an option to Hunter Pride, but it seems that isnt the case?

1 hour ago, VulpineScream said:

Sort of feels like that grace period applied a little too harshly? I dunno, very odd

The "grace period" is Acherons pacification being applied for a little while longer after youve been released from the quest

I could change it to only affect your assailants, but consider that there may be instances in which the assailants arent all captured by the quest, and if I dont let Acheron handle this pacification, I would need to do it manually which means these assailants that arent part of the quest would just attack you during the actual assault

The alternative is to use the default pacification which is what I do right now and handles that case but on the other hand causes potentially unrelated actors to not attack. And here agian, consider that you may not want a random wolf walking down the street to engage into direct contact while an assault is running

Its all trade offs, but I argue that the situation you describe is too rare to give up on the advantages that an absolute pacification offers

Edited by Scrab
2 hours ago, Scrab said:

I might have misunderstand what FSM is or does, or how it would interact with YK tho. I admittedly never took a look at this mod or would know how this mod behaves. I assumed it was about adding an option to Hunter Pride, but it seems that isnt the case?

It's designed to send a follower off to be enslaved by a random NPC if you are defeated. Not using a slavery framework, just following that NPC around, getting assaulted, and being unavailable until you buy/take them back. The mod begins after an assault in all its current implementation, though I suppose there's no reason for that to be a rule. It isn't actually an acheron addon, it's just designed in a way that makes it easy for other mods to hook in to

I've been trying to use YK for hours now, but I keep running into issues. The very first time the mod activated, it worked well. Ever since then, my PC and followers often get up immediately after getting knocked down. Eventually they stay down for a while and everyone goes down at the same time. When that happens the enemies just go back to whatever they were doing and ignore us. There are valid animations available for aggressors/victims but none of them are triggering. Acheron gives the notification that someone has been defeated whenever it happens, but thats about it. Is this something I can fix? I've attached the papyrus log if it helps

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by johnhamm
10 hours ago, Scrab said:

The "grace period" is Acherons pacification being applied for a little while longer after youve been released from the quest

I could change it to only affect your assailants, but consider that there may be instances in which the assailants arent all captured by the quest, and if I dont let Acheron handle this pacification, I would need to do it manually which means these assailants that arent part of the quest would just attack you during the actual assault

The alternative is to use the default pacification which is what I do right now and handles that case but on the other hand causes potentially unrelated actors to not attack. And here agian, consider that you may not want a random wolf walking down the street to engage into direct contact while an assault is running

Its all trade offs, but I argue that the situation you describe is too rare to give up on the advantages that an absolute pacification offers

Right, I mean that makes sense, but I guess my issue is that the grace period just sort of never ended? At what point does it toggle back off? Because I have it set right now for 3 assaults to trigger, and then for the next 10 minutes or so I ran around looking for trouble and had that issue with the goblins far after. I totally understand the need for pacification during the assault window and enough to scamper off afterwards, but it dragged on to the extent that I could more or less kill all of the assaulting actors with no trouble and then ran into (semi?) pacified goblins hundreds of yards away 5-10 mins later.

I use Apropos2 for wear and tear effects, so that losing a battle and being assaulted can result in debuffs to make coming back for revenge more difficult, but if you can just walk up to your assaulters unprovoked and kill them with no issue because they're pacified it does kind of take all the challenge away and forces you to just leave the area entirely until whatever Acheron needs to trigger to reset them does so. I'm just confused on what exactly does that, how long it takes, etc.

EDIT: I guess I should more specifically ask, if I want everyone to go back to being hostile and refresh the pacification, what can I do?

Edited by VulpineScream
55 minutes ago, VulpineScream said:

Right, I mean that makes sense, but I guess my issue is that the grace period just sort of never ended? At what point does it toggle back off? Because I have it set right now for 3 assaults to trigger, and then for the next 10 minutes or so I ran around looking for trouble and had that issue with the goblins far after. I totally understand the need for pacification during the assault window and enough to scamper off afterwards, but it dragged on to the extent that I could more or less kill all of the assaulting actors with no trouble and then ran into pacified goblins hundreds of yards away 5-10 mins later.

I use Apropos2 for wear and tear effects, so that losing a battle and being assaulted can result in debuffs to make coming back for revenge more difficult, but if you can just walk up to your assaulters unprovoked and kill them with no issue because they're pacified it does kind of take all the challenge away and forces you to just leave the area entirely until whatever Acheron needs to trigger to reset them does so. I'm just confused on what exactly does that, how long it takes, etc.

That sounds more like the pacification was bugged out for some reason

You can fix this by using the "acheron release" console command

13 hours ago, Scrab said:

That sounds more like the pacification was bugged out for some reason

You can fix this by using the "acheron release" console command

Seems like it was an uncommon bug, so not as big a deal as I thought haha. That's a great command to know though, thanks.

I have a question. I use Nether's Follower Framework, and while it seems to be fine alongside YK, there's a bit of confusion on my end between how both mods handle bleedout on companions. Do you have any suggestions for settings and whatnot to make them play well together?

Thus far it does seem that companions go into YK's bleedout, which removes a bit of functionality from Nether's bleedout where you can set how long companions stay down for, bring them up with potions, etc.

Additionally, YK has the functionality for enemies to assault companions in bleedout, right? When and how does that occur? Because despite bleedout on my companion seeming to use Acheron/YK, hostiles seem to only pay attention to the player character on defeat, while the companion stays in bleedout forever until I revive them through the Acheron menu.

If you have any ideas of how I could get the two mods working well, I'd appreciate it! Acheron/YK seems to by far be the best defeat mod there is right now, and NFF is similarly the best framework. If they worked (or do work) well together, it would be great.

Edited by VulpineScream

Thus far it does seem that companions go into YK's bleedout, which removes a bit of functionality from Nether's bleedout where you can set how long companions stay down for, bring them up with potions, etc.

There is no Bleedout feature in YK and the Bleedout in Acheron is a special Defeat state, not a vanilla bleedout per se. They overlap and look similar to you, but arent the same

Additionally, YK has the functionality for enemies to assault companions in bleedout, right? When and how does that occur? Because despite bleedout on my companion seeming to use Acheron/YK, hostiles seem to only pay attention to the player character on defeat, while the companion stays in bleedout forever until I revive them through the Acheron menu.

YK considers up to 2 followers, I explained how that works if you look up a little

If you have any ideas of how I could get the two mods working well, I'd appreciate it! Acheron/YK seems to by far be the best defeat mod there is right now, and NFF is similarly the best framework. If they worked (or do work) well together, it would be great.

As mentioned, there is no default bleedout in either mod, so giving the "bleedout" in Acheron special treatment requires NFF to explicitly target the defeat status in Acheron but considering that status is still a WIP on Acherons side, it may not be a smart idea to do that right now

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

There is no Bleedout feature in YK and the Bleedout in Acheron is a special Defeat state, not a vanilla bleedout per se. They overlap and look similar to you, but arent the same

YK considers up to 2 followers, I explained how that works if you look up a little

As mentioned, there is no default bleedout in either mod, so giving the "bleedout" in Acheron special treatment requires NFF to explicitly target the defeat status in Acheron but considering that status is still a WIP on Acherons side, it may not be a smart idea to do that right now

When I say "bleedout" I just mean when a companion is downed, lol. I'm not referring to anything more specific than that.

Well, I only have a single follower and have been running into the behavior I mentioned (hostiles only pay attention to player, companion stays in downed state forever till I revive them through Acheron menu). Do you have any recommendations on what settings to use between Acheron/YK and NFF for things to generally work as they should?

18 minutes ago, VulpineScream said:

Well, I only have a single follower and have been running into the behavior I mentioned (hostiles only pay attention to player, companion stays in downed state forever till I revive them through Acheron menu).

Iff YK is choosen, itll assign the first NPC to the player, and then cycle player, ally1, ally2. Ie it needs at least 3 alive and well actors in range to gather a follower and if they do assault depends on if they actually want to assault based on the gender settings in the MCM. Thats all there is to it

18 minutes ago, VulpineScream said:

When I say "bleedout" I just mean when a companion is downed, lol. I'm not referring to anything more specific than that.

An animation is NOT a gameplay status. the "downed state" of a bleedout Is NOT the downed state of a defeat status, they are 2 distinct statuses and NFF not reacting to the defeat status is hence expected behavior because it is NOT a bleedout status just because the animation overlaps

To that end there is no setting in NFF that would allow you to change the defeated behavior of a follower because NFF doesnt know about a defeated behavior, it only knows about bleedout behavior and YK has nothing to do with the defeat status

Edited by Scrab
2 hours ago, Scrab said:

Iff YK is choosen, itll assign the first NPC to the player, and then cycle player, ally1, ally2. Ie it needs at least 3 alive and well actors in range to gather a follower and if they do assault depends on if they actually want to assault based on the gender settings in the MCM. Thats all there is to it

An animation is NOT a gameplay status. the "downed state" of a bleedout Is NOT the downed state of a defeat status, they are 2 distinct statuses and NFF not reacting to the defeat status is hence expected behavior because it is NOT a bleedout status just because the animation overlaps

To that end there is no setting in NFF that would allow you to change the defeated behavior of a follower because NFF doesnt know about a defeated behavior, it only knows about bleedout behavior and YK has nothing to do with the defeat status

I see. I'll have to do further testing with larger groups of enemies I suppose. I feel like it should have already triggered a couple times, but maybe the third just wandered off or something. I have been seeing enemies just wander off instead of assaulting even a lone player on defeat, but generally I think they've been Immersive Creatures (draugr, specifically), and Bad Dog's mod has been doing zilch for me for ages when it comes to them anyways.

Right, that makes sense. Would it be possible to toggle defeat functionality off on companions only to preserve NFF's (actual?) bleedout mechanic, in that case? Because from how I understand the settings, you either toggle on/off all NPC defeat, correct? Obviously if NFF features like set timers, revive at battle end, potion recovery, etc all worked in compatibility with YK and the companion could still be assaulted if the entire party was downed at once, it would be fantastic, but that probably is an extremely difficult ordeal to get working. But just being able to specifically toggle off companion "downed" defeat behavior would be a really nice option to allow for further compatibility. I doubt I'd be the only one who'd appreciate that option, considering how widely used and helpful NFF is for revamping the miserable vanilla follower framework.

Edited by VulpineScream
15 minutes ago, VulpineScream said:

Would it be possible to toggle defeat functionality off on companions only to preserve NFF's (actual?) bleedout mechanic, in that case?

No, because it would break other mods

The defeat status is specifically made to follow a very specific semantic so that 3rd party mods such as NFF CANNOT just clear the defeat status whenever they want.

It would be utterly terrible if mods such as YK had to consider that some follower just randomly stands up in the middle of its quest

Or if some kidnapping quest aims to allow you to help up a follower along your escape and these followers just randomly run at you because some other mods forces itself into the storytelling of that kidnapping quest and rescues them without having any clue what exactly is up with them

6 minutes ago, Scrab said:

No, because it would break other mods

The defeat status is specifically made to follow a very specific semantic so that 3rd party mods such as NFF CANNOT just clear the defeat status whenever they want.

It would be utterly terrible if mods such as YK had to consider that some follower just randomly stands up in the middle of its quest

Or if some kidnapping quest aims to allow you to help up a follower along your escape and these followers just randomly run at you because some other mods forces itself into the storytelling of that kidnapping quest and rescues them without having any clue what exactly is up with them

I guess having a toggle was the point, in that it wouldn't be "random", it would be set and established follower behavior/handling based on settings from the outset, but idk. I suppose that means there's never going to be any sort of compatibility between the mods, then (as far as defeat and bleedout states go)?

It is what it is, of course. And I know these states are complex and fraught with issues (which why mods like SL Defeat and NaDe are so broken), so it's best to err on the side of making things functional, but that's why it would be so helpful to have a defeat mod that has clear toggles for different behaviors like that fully in player control TO function alongside other mods cleanly. Obviously if a defeat status is processing and you just flip things on and off willy-nilly, you're going to run into problems, but that's also something readily avoidable in such cases.

Edited by VulpineScream
2 hours ago, VulpineScream said:

I guess having a toggle was the point, in that it wouldn't be "random", it would be set and established follower behavior/handling based on settings from the outset, but idk. I suppose that means there's never going to be any sort of compatibility between the mods, then (as far as defeat and bleedout states go)?

It is what it is, of course. And I know these states are complex and fraught with issues (which why mods like SL Defeat and NaDe are so broken), so it's best to err on the side of making things functional, but that's why it would be so helpful to have a defeat mod that has clear toggles for different behaviors like that fully in player control TO function alongside other mods cleanly. Obviously if a defeat status is processing and you just flip things on and off willy-nilly, you're going to run into problems, but that's also something readily avoidable in such cases.

What you are asking for, labeling as "compatibility" is actually doing the exact opposite of what you think it will do - it wont add any "compatibility" with mods but instead introduce new conflicts that werent there before

Acherons convention is that the defeat status is handled by whoever is currently in control of the combat environment. During combat, this will be Acheron itself and after combat this is the event thats called - for example YK

Adding a 3rd mod now that will independently of this principle, mess around and just dont give a fck about this convention, randomly pulling actors of a defeat status because it is completely blind of what is currently happening, will only introduce countless incompatibilities: Suddenly in the middle of a YK assault Followers stand up and combat breaks out of nowhere, forcing YK to shut down because Acheron will take control of the environment in that moment, YK can no longer play out properly, in an extreme case going as far as you even being better of uninstalling it (and any other similar mod) all because some other mod blindly messes around with the defeat state despite not holding ownership of it

NFF is blind to what is happening in your game and forcing it in charge of this might introduce so many more issues than it will actually solve, and ... for what? Only to not have Acheron be in charge of defeated actors. It essentially strips Acheron of responsibility and hands it over to some mod that is incapable of handling this responsibility

Its like taking the job of an architect away from that architect and giving it to some 5yo child that may be able to make a cool looking building, but because it lacks any knowledge about the greater picture and inner workings will have that building crash into itself the second someone steps foot in it, and turns down everything that is standing near it with it

This may sound a lil harsh and by no means do I say that NFF in general is bad but Acheron isnt as simple as that and follows a lot strict principles and rules to make sure that its building stands and allows others build around it easily

Giving NFF this kind of control over the defeat status despite being incapable to really managing it on its own is not going to give you any kind of compatibility, all itll do is tear down Acheron and anything that wants to use it

There is no conflict between NFF and Acheron at this point in time, there is no incompatibility either, quite the opposite really. Acheron not allowing NFF (or any other mod for that matter) to easily bypass its defeat status is what is allowing compatibility with NFF (and similar mods) in first place

---

I should also note that Acherons defeat status isnt completed yet and there will be more work put into its recovery behavior, but when that happens this behavior will be supervised by Acheron itself, not some 3rd party mod that is blind to what is happening ingame

Acheron in fact already does that for the player, I assume you havent noticed that the player can stand up after a while but doesnt actually do so when ownership of the defeat status is handed over to an event? NPCs have to adhere these same rules, its essential for both quality and stability of the project and all its 3rd party events

Edited by Scrab
7 hours ago, Scrab said:

What you are asking for, labeling as "compatibility" is actually doing the exact opposite of what you think it will do - it wont add any "compatibility" with mods but instead introduce new conflicts that werent there before

Acherons convention is that the defeat status is handled by whoever is currently in control of the combat environment. During combat, this will be Acheron itself and after combat this is the event thats called - for example YK

Adding a 3rd mod now that will independently of this principle, mess around and just dont give a fck about this convention, randomly pulling actors of a defeat status because it is completely blind of what is currently happening, will only introduce countless incompatibilities: Suddenly in the middle of a YK assault Followers stand up and combat breaks out of nowhere, forcing YK to shut down because Acheron will take control of the environment in that moment, YK can no longer play out properly, in an extreme case going as far as you even being better of uninstalling it (and any other similar mod) all because some other mod blindly messes around with the defeat state despite not holding ownership of it

NFF is blind to what is happening in your game and forcing it in charge of this might introduce so many more issues than it will actually solve, and ... for what? Only to not have Acheron be in charge of defeated actors. It essentially strips Acheron of responsibility and hands it over to some mod that is incapable of handling this responsibility

Its like taking the job of an architect away from that architect and giving it to some 5yo child that may be able to make a cool looking building, but because it lacks any knowledge about the greater picture and inner workings will have that building crash into itself the second someone steps foot in it, and turns down everything that is standing near it with it

This may sound a lil harsh and by no means do I say that NFF in general is bad but Acheron isnt as simple as that and follows a lot strict principles and rules to make sure that its building stands and allows others build around it easily

Giving NFF this kind of control over the defeat status despite being incapable to really managing it on its own is not going to give you any kind of compatibility, all itll do is tear down Acheron and anything that wants to use it

There is no conflict between NFF and Acheron at this point in time, there is no incompatibility either, quite the opposite really. Acheron not allowing NFF (or any other mod for that matter) to easily bypass its defeat status is what is allowing compatibility with NFF (and similar mods) in first place

---

I should also note that Acherons defeat status isnt completed yet and there will be more work put into its recovery behavior, but when that happens this behavior will be supervised by Acheron itself, not some 3rd party mod that is blind to what is happening ingame

Acheron in fact already does that for the player, I assume you havent noticed that the player can stand up after a while but doesnt actually do so when ownership of the defeat status is handed over to an event? NPCs have to adhere these same rules, its essential for both quality and stability of the project and all its 3rd party events

I don't really feel like we're on the same page, so it's probably not really worth continuing I guess. All I ever meant by "compatibility" was a toggle to allow x mod to handle x aspect (which was companions getting downed), while the other mod handled the rest of the NPCs. My suggestion is definitely not in line with what you're saying, it's just a "companions don't go into defeat state" switch, but if that's not possible for some reason or of no interest to you, don't worry about it. 

You just continue to say I'm suggesting an option that would make mods do things randomly and "out of nowhere" (not to assume something wouldn't break even then, but it would break based on a known setting, not a random occurrence), which is very confusing to me haha, because that was never what I said at any point, but like I said, we're not on the same page so never mind I suppose. 

Edited by VulpineScream
On 6/30/2023 at 4:52 PM, Scrab said:

VR compatibility isnt up to YK but to Acheron and there wasnt really much going for VR here for a long while

Is there specific coding within Acheron that would make VR unusable because on the face of it, it just looks like the use of using an ESL extension is the initial problem since VR version doesn't support that format. 

It seems reasonably straightforward to change to an ESP which will subsequently load in VR, without issue however the subsequent challenge is that all the mods utilising Acheron a will be looking for the ESL version and I haven't worked out a way to change a mod to look at the ESP version instead. 

50 minutes ago, jc321 said:

Is there specific coding within Acheron that would make VR unusable because on the face of it, it just looks like the use of using an ESL extension is the initial problem since VR version doesn't support that format. 

It seems reasonably straightforward to change to an ESP which will subsequently load in VR, without issue however the subsequent challenge is that all the mods utilising Acheron a will be looking for the ESL version and I haven't worked out a way to change a mod to look at the ESP version instead.

Acheron is a SKSE mod, not a papyrus mod. Its almost exclusively made in C++ and uses half a dozen hooks which had to be rediscovered for VR and custom UI additions which currently arent possible for VR

Out of sheer curiosity, which would be easier to do, try and port the old animations into Ostim NG or Open Romance in order to restore compatibility with YK 1.2, or making a patch to make YK 1.2 call upon a different animation set for the animations, and how hard would it be regardless?

On 7/3/2023 at 10:56 PM, darkdesires04 said:

Funny, I was thinking on making these changes on my local machine because I have 5 female followers, and only 2 have sex while other 3 are just defeated. So, I could improve your YK mod to handle a larger group of followers, and integrate it with a few other mods like devious devices with some defeat animations, maybe, just for fun. So... if I make these changes, can I share them with other people? Would it be my own mod, or just post the changes here in a thread?

On 7/4/2023 at 8:52 AM, Scrab said:

The way YK works here is that it will pick up the player and up to 2 allies (hence only 2 allies are assaulted) and will then distribute assailants in a cyclic behavior

If you add another follower then the (static) distribution will distrbute less actors to each actor - including the player

If you want more than that, you need to add another follower alias and adjust the distribution to give this 3rd follower another set of actors. I do this in my quest by simply naming the groups A (Player), B (Ally 1) and C (Ally 2), you should see that the distribution is roughly A ABC ABC ABC ..., and what you want to change it to A ABCD ABCD ABCD, with D being populated by the same rules as B and C. Then you need to create another Scene which handles the D actors (which is build up the same way Scene B and C are), you need to add another completion quest stage and then adjust the script to appropriately respect this 4th group of assaults

I did choose 2 as the maximum as I assume it would draw the line for most players and allow a somewhat dense distribution for each actor considering Skyrim usually has <6 actors fighting you (s.t. each Victim gets 2-3 assailants). But fundamentally the quest can be expanded to allow any number of groups it just a lot of manual work to setup everything and you might end up with each actor only having 0-1 assailants available, as opposed to 2-3 which is what I was after

Add ons can do w/e they want to do, its just discouraged doing anything that another mod could do

I looked at it, and I improved version 2.1 to support multiple followers and a lot of enemies, with a few other enhancements. I thought it would be for my personal use, but why not share it with everybody. So here's the mod link. If anyone wants to try it, or if you want to use my code. I am playing using SexLab, never tried my changes with OStim. You would need to run FNIS after installing it.

https://mega.nz/file/g64CyYCa#3cbn-L4LCmhxOTA3ObtTHd7jLIFr5YgWqZ4UcgGTr2A

i dont know if this is the right forum, but hear me out.

i got this mod from wabbajack, Neferam, and i dont know why the tagging system is kind of wrong.

lets say, 

Me (female) assaults NPC (Male), the tag was FemDom, it calls only 2 animations, but when i check sexlab, theres about 15.

i added, Cowgirl tag. (Femdom, Cowgirl)... and it calls Anal?

i installed SL Defeat, and i used those 2 tags and it called almost every animation with those tags.

i dont know if its the modlist, theres no one answering in the discord. what do i do? do i rebuild the registry?

Just wanted to make a request for a future update:

It would be great if there was an MCM option to disable/skip the QTE event for forced assault. It's a novel idea but it doesn't really fit well with Skyrim gameplay, imho, and can be a bit immersion-breaking. The event also plays way too fast sometimes and 2 or even 3 QTE keys will pop on the screen less than a second after one another so, no matter what key you press, you instantly fail. Can be rather tedious when I'm just trying to be immersed in a character.

Great mods tho, thanks for all your effort

Cheers

1 hour ago, ownizuka said:

It would be great if there was an MCM option to disable/skip the QTE event for forced assault. It's a novel idea but it doesn't really fit well with Skyrim gameplay, imho, and can be a bit immersion-breaking. The event also plays way too fast sometimes and 2 or even 3 QTE keys will pop on the screen less than a second after one another so, no matter what key you press, you instantly fail. Can be rather tedious when I'm just trying to be immersed in a character.

Great mods tho, thanks for all your effort

Cheers

i fixed that on my end. if you cannot wait for the update, heres you can do.

the QTE is handled by Acheron extension library. open the AcheronEl_QTE.json online (search for json editor online)

edit the "Delay" and "Time" lines to whatever suites you. i edited mine for 3.0 for each. back up the original file, and place the edited one in the same place.

hope this helps.

Yeah, the struggle QTE is a nice idea, but the default settings for it are completely unplayable. I tweaked them a bunch myself and made them somewhat reasonable, but it's really finnicky and hard to get feeling right. Also, if you play on controller they aren't doable; a keyboard prompt or two will pop up regardless of what you set the buttons to in the ini. Also, if you have any buttons remapped like me (default bindings are rough imo), you'll get incorrect prompts on a controller. 

Just not really playable in its current state.

On 7/4/2023 at 7:31 AM, johnhamm said:

I've been trying to use YK for hours now, but I keep running into issues. The very first time the mod activated, it worked well. Ever since then, my PC and followers often get up immediately after getting knocked down. Eventually they stay down for a while and everyone goes down at the same time. When that happens the enemies just go back to whatever they were doing and ignore us. There are valid animations available for aggressors/victims but none of them are triggering. Acheron gives the notification that someone has been defeated whenever it happens, but thats about it. Is this something I can fix? I've attached the papyrus log if it helps

Papyrus.0.log 330.18 kB · 2 downloads

This is also happening to me as well. Any fixes or work arounds yet for it? 

Thanks! :)

So ironically this will be my first post, but I have been lurking on the site for a while and had an account before this one that I cant remember XD.

Do love this mod and it definitely has potential but I am running into a bug im not sure on. I have the SL animations working for non Yamete events but seems like I cant get it to work when I lose. The characters stand around in idle poses and make the noises and do act as if they did it without the animation.

Kind of funny since currently the being taken advantage of in the game to me looks like they are trying to do a recording for a voice over as both stand usually in compromised idle animations and just open their mouths making sounds.

I did try a few times the SL clean and reinstall ones along with re-registering the animations. They do show up when I persuade guards to let me pass instead of paying money just seems to be the combat specific end one that doesn't actually function. 

These issues only happen on defeat with the non robbery outcome and on surrendering. 

It also leaves me down constant if I die from non humans like creatures or from falling.

If anyone has suggestions or steps to get it running I would appreciate it.

For now I am just going to disable. The QTE and risk was what made me try this and since its active and looks functioning for many I am keeping my hopes up.  Specially since Oar is a thing now I am hoping modding becomes easier for many.

A lot of the issues others have had I seem to have run into off and on my guess is conflicts and well skyrim being skyrim ?

Edited by Princess_Kay
Update on status.
14 hours ago, ownizuka said:

The library which includes the QTE is not part a hard requirement

I found an option unnecessary as you could just.. not install it.. but I can see that thats not necessarily an option if youre using a modlist. Ill consider it

I dont have any major issues solving the QTE btw. If theres a large aggreement that its too difficult to solve I need to know the settings you adjust in the json to find a new median to balance things around