Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Im not quite sure what to do about the new files, what do I do with the folders in "src 10-7" ?

Hey what are src 10-7 for ? Do i need to paste the files to somewhere ? Hdt3dcm loader what for to ?

Thanks.

That's the source to the skse plugin.

There's nothing in the instructions for it so just ignore it. Follow the instructions and you're golden.

Im not quite sure what to do about the new files, what do I do with the folders in "src 10-7" ?

Hey what are src 10-7 for ? Do i need to paste the files to somewhere ? Hdt3dcm loader what for to ?

Thanks.

That's the source to the skse plugin.

There's nothing in the instructions for it so just ignore it. Follow the instructions and you're golden.

So the hair stuff is supposed to work with just the updated file and none of the new files ?

i might be blind but I haven't seen anyone say if I shouldn't use HDT HighHeels System - hdtHighHeel_beta0_5 with this. I did install hdtPhysicsExtensions 9-28 yesterday and being as i'm using custom race mods I did install a modified xp32 tbbp skeleton with unpb-tbbp meshes into each of them but did that months ago. I do cdt sometimes but think that is more to my other mods. thanks

Not sure if this has already been answered in the thread, and reading 25 pages calls for more patience than I can muster at the moment. Using the last few releases including the 10-07 release, my characters chest sinks in when the hkx file for the female skeleton is left in place. If I hit the console key the chest will pop out for a moment, then sink back in after closing the console. Renaming the hkx file prevents the chest from sinking in. I'm using XP32's most recent version along with her hkx. Anyone else running into this?

A few pages back I posted about a bug where random (literally nothing distinguishing them, male, female, children being the only constant) actors do the da vince pose and have absolutely no body animations. Still have the issue despite using the Generate FNIS for User tool several times and FNIS being up to date. No dice. Anyone using Hialgoboost, hialgoswitch, or modloader and see these issues?

not sure if it's this or the skeleton that is causing a flat butt.  if you turn to the side a little the butt will go flat. when you walk it fills out.  I am using a xp32 skeleton for tbbp. Also the breasts will do the googlie eye thing when she starts walking and keeps moving when she stops which I contribute to the NoMaam breathing idles from Fore. any ideas would be helpful. thanks

i might be blind but I haven't seen anyone say if I shouldn't use HDT HighHeels System - hdtHighHeel_beta0_5 with this. I did install hdtPhysicsExtensions 9-28 yesterday and being as i'm using custom race mods I did install a modified xp32 tbbp skeleton with unpb-tbbp meshes into each of them but did that months ago. I do cdt sometimes but think that is more to my other mods. thanks

The two are completely different plugins and should not conflict with each other in any way. To find if the CTD's your having are being caused by this plugin you can look in Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.txt. That text file is there for reporting the running of \ problems of the plugin. Post the contents using the [.code] [./code] function here on the forum for help if it seems the issue is the plugin ( do not use the period in the code function, I used it to prevent the function from working ).

Not sure if this has already been answered in the thread, and reading 25 pages calls for more patience than I can muster at the moment. Using the last few releases including the 10-07 release, my characters chest sinks in when the hkx file for the female skeleton is left in place. If I hit the console key the chest will pop out for a moment, then sink back in after closing the console. Renaming the hkx file prevents the chest from sinking in. I'm using XP32's most recent version along with her hkx. Anyone else running into this?

This is not a problem, it's part of HDT's plugin. Physics are Physics, and breasts should be effected by gravity. Removing the skeleton.hkx won't cause any problems for the most part, your basically telling HDT's plugin to do all of the work for the physics instead of hooking the animations through the .hkx like the old way ( bbp, tbbp etc need that hkx as well as animations to attach to it, HDT's uses a different hook ).

A few pages back I posted about a bug where random (literally nothing distinguishing them, male, female, children being the only constant) actors do the da vince pose and have absolutely no body animations. Still have the issue despite using the Generate FNIS for User tool several times and FNIS being up to date. No dice. Anyone using Hialgoboost, hialgoswitch, or modloader and see these issues?

Should have nothing to do with this plugin. That's an animation issue. Remove the plugin and see if it still does it. If it does then post your hdtPhysicsExtensions.txt here. Otherwise it's something else ( are you using PCEA? ).

not sure if it's this or the skeleton that is causing a flat butt.  if you turn to the side a little the butt will go flat. when you walk it fills out.  I am using a xp32 skeleton for tbbp. Also the breasts will do the googlie eye thing when she starts walking and keeps moving when she stops which I contribute to the NoMaam breathing idles from Fore. any ideas would be helpful. thanks

in data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female folder remove your skeleton_female.hkx and see if it solves the problem.

For those of you having crushed body parts:

first of all I recommend getting Mod Organizer (MO: linked in my sig) over NMM or manual install.  MO uses virtualized directories. It builds a virtual directory structure in ram for all the mods you have installed, and THEN it runs the game. 

What this means for you is

1) Your skyrim dir remains clean

2) Every mod is fully installed without overwriting any other files.

"well I have a million mods installed and. . . " and MO has a "NMM Migration" which is exactly what it sounds like. It's an easier to use yet more capable tool than NMM.

It is SOOO much easier to deal with bugs and problems because, in this situation, you would simply create an additional profile of mods, and then uncheck everything except your body mesh, XPMS and HDT Physics. Now you can test it pristine. 

Which leads me to my main point for HDT Physics because I have a couple questions.

1. Make sure you are using the version that you think you're using. Check the files, make sure the versions match.
  2. If you're using a minor release, does the latest Major Release work? (that would be 9-28 at the time of this post). I'm not saying to fall back, it's a troubleshooting question that can help figure out what/where the problem is.
  3. What body are you using and what version of the body? Please be as specific as possible.
  4. What iteration of the body do you have the problem with? Is it just when naked? Is it with certain outfits? Is it all the time?
  5. Are you able to uninstall everything else, and run with just the body + skeleton + hdt? If so then do that and report back. If you're still having crushed body parts, then it's clearly an incompatibility and I'll bet you have suspicions as to which mod it is.

Every detail you can provide here will help narrow down whatever the problem might be. If you can copy these questions to your post and answer them inline, that would help tremendously.

This is not a problem, it's part of HDT's plugin. Physics are Physics, and breasts should be effected by gravity. Removing the skeleton.hkx won't cause any problems for the most part, your basically telling HDT's plugin to do all of the work for the physics instead of hooking the animations through the .hkx like the old way ( bbp, tbbp etc need that hkx as well as animations to attach to it, HDT's uses a different hook ).

You've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. It's not the breasts, it's the entire chest sinking into the body. Think of an area from just under the neck down to the belly sinking into the body.

You've completely misunderstood what I'm saying. It's not the breasts, it's the entire chest sinking into the body. Think of an area from just under the neck down to the belly sinking into the body.

The breast weights of tbbp cover that area, there painted very liberally. 

Yes its weight painting  that makes sinking the chest,to much of it. The flat chest and butt are HKX  files,you need to change it, try with 399 kb size and FNIS it.

Yes its weight painting  that makes sinking the chest,to much of it. The flat chest and butt are HKX  files,you need to change it, try with 399 kb size and FNIS it.

FNIS is not required to make it work. How would it fix it?

Just remove the HKX. I don't know why everyone is keeping it. Let HDT's plugin handle it. There is no reason for the skeleton to hook into those animations anymore for the physics. All of my animations, old and new, bbp \ tbbp or not, work just fine with his hook. Sure some may jiggle more than others with the skeleton.hkx then others, but I'm just glad to have a uniform physics for all of my animations. This entire thread makes me want to make a video, or hell even one of those " let's play \ Skyrim mod weekly " type shit for this. Simple and easy to install and set up, the workings of it a excellent. Hell I even HIGHLY modded the cape in the Angelica and made a new physics cape....

The two are completely different plugins and should not conflict with each other in any way. To find if the CTD's your having are being caused by this plugin you can look in Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.txt. That text file is there for reporting the running of \ problems of the plugin. Post the contents using the [.code] [./code] function here on the forum for help if it seems the issue is the plugin ( do not use the period in the code function, I used it to prevent the function from working ).

Should have nothing to do with this plugin. That's an animation issue. Remove the plugin and see if it still does it. If it does then post your hdtPhysicsExtensions.txt here. Otherwise it's something else ( are you using PCEA? ).

in data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female folder remove your skeleton_female.hkx and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks Shaydow that stopped all my problems with that suggestion.

Just remove the HKX. I don't know why everyone is keeping it. Let HDT's plugin handle it. There is no reason for the skeleton to hook into those animations anymore for the physics. All of my animations, old and new, bbp \ tbbp or not, work just fine with his hook. Sure some may jiggle more than others

Hold it right there, bub... that's your answer. people use the hkx because it make the bbp animaitons more bbp. Personally I've tried it both ways and I like it with.

After some experimenting with some ini setting i manage to find the source of the crashes with we thought was the cause of hdt.

But it isn't.

If you have been changing value for these 3 ini settings:

fUpdateBudgetMS=
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=

and set the settings way too high for your pc to handle that is when you will get far more frequent crashes.

my pc is medio core and still have many scripted mods:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

after toning this down i have no longer been getting any more crashes not even after exiting the game. So if you are crashing try tone down those settings instead of increasing it and cause more problems.

Just remove the HKX. I don't know why everyone is keeping it. Let HDT's plugin handle it. There is no reason for the skeleton to hook into those animations anymore for the physics. All of my animations, old and new, bbp \ tbbp or not, work just fine with his hook. Sure some may jiggle more than others

Hold it right there, bub... that's your answer. people use the hkx because it make the bbp animaitons more bbp. Personally I've tried it both ways and I like it with.

I've played with & without skeleton_female.hkx active and can't say I've noticed any real difference in game stability OR jiggle. The two varieties I've experimented with are XP32's (file size about 83K) and Dragonfly's (about 400K). If there's another .hkx floating around somewhere that does make a noticeable difference, I'd be interested to try it.

...or maybe it's time to visit my ophthalmologist. ;)

ophthalmologist? or optometrist? (=

Nah I wouldn't say that. you're doing it the way you want to. go you.

Personally, it's time for an animation set that was made to complement hdt... animations that were geared towards making hdt do it's thing as opposed to doing it's own simulation. smithing is a perfect example.

Can you be a bit more specific than that? Preferably with a link to the specific hkx you're referring to. As much fun as downloading every skeleton pack I can find hoping to stumble across the file you're referring to  sounds like, I don't have that kind of time.

edit: the hkx he's referring to is from dragonfly's 1.1 update. It's better in that I don't get a crushed/sunken chest, but a few moments cause both the chest and butt to crush, then suddenly pop back out after a second. Still, it's better than xp32's hkx file. Hopefully either HDT or xp32 will find a fix for the xp32 hkx file. Or maybe someone who knows more than I do about weight painting will remove the weight painting from the areas of the chest of the bodyslide tbbp body that don't need weight painting.

Can you be a bit more specific than that? Preferably with a link to the specific hkx you're referring to. As much fun as downloading every skeleton pack I can find hoping to stumble across the file you're referring to  sounds like, I don't have that kind of time.

This is the skeleton nif/hkx i'm using http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20027-xpms-modified-for-tbbp-fixes-breasts-too-high-crushed-butt/ and i have no sinking.

Archived