Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

About CTD problem.

I'm sorry but I never got crash, that means yeah there may be bugs but I can't capture them, and I have no idea about how to solve them.

What exactly did you add/change? It wasn't a huge update was it? 

There's the log. I know it's limited, but you could use it for a "debug mode"

put some statistics, last player action (including movement including mouse), loaded mods or scripts, and maybe even what function was last used and then dump that info to the log file 1x per second. 

Of course it's a resource hog and of course it will slow the game down. . . but people shouldn't be playing with the 'debug' version unless they're trying to 'debug' it.

Along this line, I have a request: could you add 2 entries to the log please? Plugin opened, plugin closed.

I may have found one SKSE plugin that interferes with HDT. After removing "nioverride.dll" from my plugin folder I've been able to load the latest version--twice now--without crashing to desktop. Before that, both October versions caused instant CTDs.

As near as I can tell, "nioverride.dll" is part of "BodyMorph," which I no longer use. Didn't think to remove the .dll since I wasn't sure what it did or where it came from.

As near as I can tell, "nioverride.dll" is part of "BodyMorph," which I no longer use. Didn't think to remove the .dll since I wasn't sure what it did or where it came from.

nioverride is a part of official RaceMenu release too.

Why, so it is, but removing it doesn't seem to affect an existing PC. My Breton still has her pointy elf ears & other RaceMenu alterations, so it seems nioverride is only needed when creating or altering a PC.

And I can confirm that it interferes with the newest HDT, at least on my setup: after I reinstalled it, the game crashed on save load. So the obvious thing to do is remove HDT if I'll be dinking around in racemenu (or visiting that useless face sculptor in Riften).

Whether or not nioverride is responsible for all reported crashes, it suggests that SKSE plugins are the place to start looking.

This is what I aimed at and what I hope.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4056078-1-1.html

physics hair ;)

About CTD problem.

I'm sorry but I never got crash, that means yeah there may be bugs but I can't capture them, and I have no idea about how to solve them.

Wow, that looks amazing. :blush:

I'll try to find what's causing the CTD. Maybe one of many SKSE plugins i use...

i wonder if HDT works together with HelloSanta

then all the SG hairpacks will have physic  O,O"   what a dream

and the hair looks got blown by the wind  wow ~

Guest thunderiaz

physics hair ;)

About CTD problem.

I'll try to find what's causing the CTD. Maybe one of many SKSE plugins i use...

OOoooohhhhh!!! That would be a heavenly gift.

physics hair ;)

About CTD problem.

OOoooohhhhh!!! That would be a heavenly gift.

absolutely !  XD

one step closer to perfect skyrim   :3

About hair module : current hair module is too bugly to use. I need to find out a hook point to do what I do on armor. But it's very difficute. The only thing I know is it must be somewhere near UINT __thiscall 0x005A60D0(char* nifpath, char* tripath, UINT unk/*maybe weight*/), which is used to load mesh.

About nioverride.dll : I don't know what's wrong. I capture an unhandled C++ except throw by nioverride itself. this is the full infomation:
Unhandled exception at at 0x76E5C41F in TESV.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::__non_rtti_object at memory location 0x0018F02C.

About hair module : current hair module is too bugly to use. I need to find out a hook point to do what I do on armor. But it's very difficute. The only thing I know is it must be somewhere near UINT __thiscall 0x005A60D0(char* nifpath, char* tripath, UINT unk/*maybe weight*/), which is used to load mesh.

About nioverride.dll : I don't know what's wrong. I capture an unhandled C++ except throw by nioverride itself. this is the full infomation:

Unhandled exception at at 0x76E5C41F in TESV.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::__non_rtti_object at memory location 0x0018F02C.

Have you tried talking to the Race Menu developer? He might be able to give you enough information to see where the problem is.

I've left a message about this problem in the BodyMorph thread. I hope expired6978(RaceMenu's author) still visits it from time to time.

Unfortunately his PM are blocked, and the only other way to contact him is using Nexus.

Added your exception info.

Actually, he's quite active over at Bethesda's forum, mostly in the SKSE thread. Goes by the name Purplelunchbox :)  over there...

Archived