Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

It has to do with the way the outfit was built. If there is no weight painting for the but, it will not move. 

"Weight painting" is where deformation of part of the mesh is assigned to bones in the skeleton (xpms). there's an extra bone attached to the butt part of the skeleton. if the butt part of the mesh isn't assigned to follow that extra bone, then the mesh won't move. the only way you can make it move is if you do that weighting yourself.

As far as editing the parameters are concerned, it was said somewhere around here that there were a couple of parameters that you could edit. I never got it to work, myself, but I'm curious what parameters you were editing.

So I'm wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me.

I'm using CBBE, have all the proper idle animations/skeleton etc. HDT works just fine for me with BBP clothes or the TBBP body. The BBP clothes don't have any butt jiggle, though.

I'm just wondering if it's supposed to have butt jiggle on non-TBBP clothing? Is there a way to make that work? I love the mod, but I'd really like to be able to see the butt jiggle while wearing clothes.

Edit: It's a bodyslide body, if that matters.

That particular armor must have the butt bones of the BBP/TBBP skeleton actually influencing certain vertices of the mesh in order to see them move. Which means you (any other modder or the creator) will have paint the weights of those bones onto the mesh itself with a 3D package and export the mesh and replace it with the old one to actually see it work in game.

---

Also, side note--I think the newest version allows BBP-related physics in first-person (with TJoP) mode without having to link the meshes anymore.

Unrelated to my question, but I can confirm you can edit the .xml file for HDT in order to increase (or decrease) the amount and force of the jiggle. Personally I turned it up a bit as it wasn't as noticeable as I liked. 

Here's the version I'm using: http://pastebin.com/aqsv3sF8

I ran a compare/diff on your version and the line endings or something must be different because the whole thing comes thru as different.

What lines did you change?

Ah, that's kind of what I figured (regarding the armor). 

Are there any vanilla replacers compatible with bodyslide that have the TBBP weighting? I haven't been able to find any. Oh also, any idea how I find the UndiesHR outfit that comes with CB++?

------------

Re: What I changed in the XML file, here are the lines that are edited: 

Lines: 12, 13, 22, 23, 185, 271, 272, 374, 375, 384, 385, 547, 633, 634, 736, 737, 746, 747, 905, 1094, 1095, 1104, 1105, 1263

I was going to get some screenshots of a diff with the original file, but it would have taken like 5+ just to show all the groups of changes. I suggest checking it out in text-compare.com (paste in the text from my pastebin.com link, and then the text from the original XML file), to see the overview of differences better.

Essentially, I just found the places where it defines the spring forces, friction, damping and restitution and changed it to have less friction, less damping and more spring force and restitution.

Edit: Some values seem to need to stay the same, as there were a couple that would cause a crash if I changed them. The ones that are edited in the pasted file are those that I've found to work and not cause any issues.

That said, I'd love if someone could figure out how to increase the "motion" radius for the butt/breast jiggle, as it would be neat to be able to customize that more too.

Apparently you can't.

I 'fixed' the differences (tab sizes) between the files and found the diff. the values you changed did nothing on my end. Then again, friction and restitution were supposed to work as well, but they're only for collission.

Otherwise, as i'd been told earlier, such parameters need to be baked into the mesh or the plugin.

Apparently you can't.

I 'fixed' the differences (tab sizes) between the files and found the diff. the values you changed did nothing on my end. Then again, friction and restitution were supposed to work as well, but they're only for collission.

Otherwise, as i'd been told earlier, such parameters need to be baked into the mesh or the plugin.

Weird, because the changes are *extremely* noticeable. Go change the spring force to something huge and you'll see what I mean.

Search for "<hkparam name="springConstant">260.000000</hkparam>" and change both instances (ignore ones where the value isn't 260, as they may be for the boobs instead) to like 500, you should see the butt jiggle like crazy.

In any case, I know these work because I had to test and tweak the values for a long time (i.e., make a change, load game, test, repeat - for around 5 hours) to get something that wasn't too bouncy, and the higher values are extremely obvious in terms of their effect.

Edit: Just so we're on the same page, you're using the latest version which comes with the .xml file, right? AFAIK this stuff was hardcoded in the earlier versions.

Are there any other clothes adapted to this mod yet ?

If you mean any clothes that you want a cloth system for, then no--not by default anyway. To enable any clothes (or other objects) to use this physics system, you will need the appropriate havok-related .xml file attached to it's mesh file and, depending on the cloth/object, it's own custom skeleton (bone chains) with the mesh bound to that appropriate skeleton.

If you mean the body physics themselves (boobs and butt), then (if the armor or cloth is BBP/TBBP-compatible) yes, it will automatically work for those clothes.

Guest wnxmegax

So Far I love version 28 it alot better than version 22 great job guys I love watching my women fighting a dragon so entertaining. I also love how the butt keeps intact when you move side ways it doesn't extend out like in version 22.

Apparently you can't.

Weird, because the changes are *extremely* noticeable. Go change the spring force to something huge and you'll see what I mean.

Search for "<hkparam name="springConstant">260.000000</hkparam>" and change both instances (ignore ones where the value isn't 260, as they may be for the boobs instead) to like 500, you should see the butt jiggle like crazy.

In any case, I know these work because I had to test and tweak the values for a long time (i.e., make a change, load game, test, repeat - for around 5 hours) to get something that wasn't too bouncy, and the higher values are extremely obvious in terms of their effect.

Edit: Just so we're on the same page, you're using the latest version which comes with the .xml file, right? AFAIK this stuff was hardcoded in the earlier versions.

to make in/out of game easier, i would suggest the following. It's a lot of steps but it's really simple if you're familiar with the game. shouldn't take more than like :10 (except for 2 downloads)

• First, get mod organizer (linked in my sig). It will make your life MUCH easier.
  • create a primary profile (for actually playing). this will be created in the transition from NMM
  • create a 'test' profile, just for going in and out of the game: profile dropdown > manage. It's a simple screen.
  • install the mod "review studio" from nexus. It's basically 4 big rooms with nothing in them. studio4 is the one i use.
  • in mod organizer, uncheck everything except the body mesh and the skeleton and related.
  • start the game.
  • from the main menu do not load a game... just do console > coc studio4
  • console > showracemenu change stuff and name yourself something unique to your other characters.
  • console > save hdt (or whatever)
  • console > qqq
  • in mod organizer, profile > manage
  • choose the profile that you used and check the box at the bottom Local Savegames
  • click "transfer saves"
  • in the window that comes up, choose your uniquely named character on the left > move/copy > Done

You now have a streamlined setup. A savegame with no game data at all, in a small cell with nothing in it (so it will load very quickly) and only 1 save available. So then you can start the game and when the menu comes up, hit enter enter and the game loads. about 9 seconds (no kidding, it loads fast) later, you're in game playin with your tits. You'll have to equipitem anything you want to see worn, but it's just a test profile anyway.

Additionally, give the game as much ram as possible before starting.

I'm using CBBE, have all the proper idle animations/skeleton etc. HDT works just fine for me with BBP clothes or the TBBP body. The BBP clothes don't have any butt jiggle, though.

I'm just wondering if it's supposed to have butt jiggle on non-TBBP clothing? Is there a way to make that work? I love the mod, but I'd really like to be able to see the butt jiggle while wearing clothes.

--------------------

Unrelated to my question, but I can confirm you can edit the .xml file for HDT in order to increase (or decrease) the amount and force of the jiggle. Personally I turned it up a bit as it wasn't as noticeable as I liked. 

I am pretty sure it bounces more. Kind of hard to tell with the anims I have lol.

--------------------

I am pretty sure it bounces more. Kind of hard to tell with the anims I have lol.

Yep, it definitely does. In fact, I think I'm going to tone down the force on the boobs as it seems to make them go side to side a little too much.

Anyway, I made this video to show the effect of the custom XML file settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54fKGlY5H3o

You can see in particular that there's a lot of butt jiggle when the character stops.

Edit: I think the timescale on the video got screwed up slightly, it's not quite as fast as it looks there.

--------------------

Yep, it definitely does. In fact, I think I'm going to tone down the force on the boobs as it seems to make them go side to side a little too much.

Anyway, I made this video to show the effect of the custom XML file settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54fKGlY5H3o

You can see in particular that there's a lot of butt jiggle when the character stops.

Edit: I think the timescale on the video got screwed up slightly, it's not quite as fast as it looks there.

I'm so special. Doesn't work for me at all. I change the values, nothing changes. I've tried with a couple different bodies (adec & unpb). I updated my xpms to 1.8 and I've made sure that plugin & xml are both current.

@monsto, really weird. Maybe try moving your Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx into a backup folder and see if it works then.

For me it doesn't matter, and I tried it and it works with the UNP slider body as well as the CBBE one.

this is how breast create

auto pLimit = new hkpGenericConstraintData;
		hkpConstraintConstructionKit kit;
		kit.begin(pLimit);
		{
			kit.setPivotA(hkVector4(0, 0, 0));
			kit.setPivotB(hkVector4(0, 0, 2));

kit.setLinearDofB(hkVector4(1, 0, 0), 0);
			kit.setLinearDofB(hkVector4(0, 1, 0), 1);
			kit.setLinearDofB(hkVector4(0, 0, 1), 2);
			hkMatrix3 rot = hkMatrix3::getIdentity();
			kit.setAngularBasisA(rot);
			kit.setAngularBasisB(rot);

kit.constrainLinearDof(0);
			kit.setLinearLimit(1, -2, 2);
			kit.setLinearLimit(2, -4, 4);
			auto lmotor = new hkpSpringDamperConstraintMotor(180, 2);
			kit.setLinearMotor(1, lmotor);
			kit.setLinearMotor(2, lmotor);

kit.setAngularLimit(0, -0.2, 0.2);
			kit.setAngularLimit(1, -0.01, 0.01);
			kit.setAngularLimit(2, -0.5, 0.5);
			auto amotor = new hkpSpringDamperConstraintMotor(3, 0.05);
			kit.setAngularMotor(0, amotor);
			kit.setAngularMotor(2, amotor);
		}
		kit.end();

and butt

kit.begin(pLimit);
		{
			kit.setPivotA(hkVector4(0, 0, -1));
			kit.setPivotB(hkVector4::getZero());
			kit.setAngularLimit(1, -0.2, 0.2);
			kit.setAngularLimit(2, -0.2, 0.2);
			auto amotor = new hkpSpringDamperConstraintMotor(6, 0.08);
			kit.setAngularMotor(1, amotor);

kit.setLinearDofA(hkVector4(1, 0, 0), 0);
			kit.setLinearDofA(hkVector4(0, 1, 0), 1);
			kit.setLinearDofA(hkVector4(0, 0, 1), 2);
			kit.setLinearLimit(0, -2, 2);
			kit.setLinearLimit(2, -2, 2);
			auto lmotor = new hkpSpringDamperConstraintMotor(180, 1);
			kit.setLinearMotor(0, lmotor);
		}
		kit.end();

kit.begin(pLimit);
		{

}
		kit.end();

and butt

kit.begin(pLimit);
		{

}
		kit.end();

this would probably be better in the Development thread.

The 10-1 dll causes a ctd when loading a save or even using "coc qasmoke" from main menu.  Rolling back to previous version remedies this.  Also I tossed in that china dress.  the skirts are either straight up or perpendicular to the body, and the breast are distorted as well as one pointing up and the other point straight ahead or down.

Same here. 10.1 crashes after the loading screen. Log:

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[10/01/13 16:21:27]INFO: Queue OK
[10/01/13 16:21:27]INFO: System run with 4 threads
[10/01/13 16:21:27]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[10/01/13 16:21:27]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[10/01/13 16:21:38]INFO: Suspending ... Mist Menu
[10/01/13 16:21:44]INFO: Resuming... Main Menu
[10/01/13 16:21:44]INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu

kit.begin(pLimit);
		{

}
		kit.end();

and butt

kit.begin(pLimit);
		{

}
		kit.end();

Oh nice. I'm going to go through my edited XML file and fix it to only change the values above.

Archived