Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Well like Mickster posted, I use CBBE with the XPMS 1.81 skeleton and TBBP Meshes. 

It's a body created with Bodyslide++ and has a really small butt (not that you can really see that from behind), but the effect is actually clearly visible, which can not be said about many animations with (t)bbp I've used so far. At least in combination with a small butt.

Edit: And it seems Monsto doesn't update the OP with every new release, which isn't very surprising since the creator is very productive at the moment (3 new versions in the last two days alone), but I usually check at his account, he posted in #208

Thank you very much.

[...]

Edit: And it seems Monsto doesn't update the OP with every new release, which isn't very surprising since the creator is very productive at the moment (3 new versions in the last two days alone), but I usually check at his account, he posted in #208

Don't watch me. you'll make me nervous. (=

I think that now that there is a defined solid working version, i'll upd the op with the new relevant info.

@jacques00

I think sth is wrong with the collision filter.

when you use a xml with collision as default bbp, and wearing a cloth with collision, it may cause conflict.

In fact there're no collison in 9-23/9-20 dll(I disabled it by mistake).

so, did you rename hdtCBBE.xml as default bbp and bind a body mesh with hdtCBBE.xml?

Ah, I see. Yes, I am using hdtCBBE.xml (within my "character assets female" folder) and it is currently linked in the naked mesh.

Edit: Okay, I just tested the latest one with the "hdtCBBE.xml" renamed/move/deleted and it seemed to have fixed the issue--working as expected alongside the bbp animations. However, it did lose a couple of the side effects of when a mesh is linked to an existing .xml, such as: the ability to move while the game is paused (both while in menus, and in the console), and the ability to see the physics in first-person (if you have The Joy of Perspective mod installed).

I hope this helps.

you can modify the default bbp xml.

replace all collisionFilterInfo=XXXXXXXX to colisionFilterInfo=-1 to disable all collision.

And, you are right, I fogot first-person

Okay, cool. That was the part I missed out on--I think I skipped over it because I didn't know exactly what to do when you mentioned it the first time. But now that I understand, I went into the "hdtCBBE.xml" and changed almost all instances of "colisionFilterInfo" to -1--there were some that were already equal to 0, so I just left those alone and changed only the ones greater than 1 (which seemed like jumbles of numbers for me).

After making the changes, everything seems to work like normal with the added jitter fixes. The physics carry over to first-person too, but they do stop abruptly during the menu and console. I hope this information is more helpful and thanks for pointing that out.

about stop abruptly during the menu and console, I think the physics should pause when the game pause (because animations also pause), so I pause it on purpose. : )

As always thanks for your work on this. It's 'shaping up' rather nicely. Get it? Shaping Up? LOLOL

That's a known issue. But you can use another way i described here.

I tried your settings but it doesnt help me, the ram usage completely explodes and I crash pretty quickly. Its like it turns off the ENB savings and all the extra mods I added since the new ENB series has hit the streets add their ram usage on top of what I already had and it gets too much too fast.

I tested the version from today and it works perfectly fine for me, I dare to say it's the best version for my setup so far.

Drawing the dagger gets more interesting like this ;)

What exactly are you using altogether to get the butt to jiggle like that?

Only the breasts of mine seem to jiggle lol :(

I have UNPB and TBBP skele

Plese could you help ? Could you add few links to files that would give same effect to my unpb body...and installing order. I cant get it work at all. I donwloaded xp´s skeleton and tbbp meshes for unpb body as you linked before.  :s 

@Jacques00

I need to be clear about what you've got because I'm going to use it as a template for the update. 

1. 9-26 dll
  2. your xml 
  3. together in data/skse/plugins

produces realistic bounce (not floaters like 7-22), without jitter, in first person, not in menus. This all correct?

Or does first person still need to be "fixed"? If so I'll hold off the update till that.

[edit] nevermind . . . I see it. first person works.

What I'm not sure of, after reading those posts is what the xml config is. Are you using the 9-20/hdtCBBE.xml that you posted in with the naked mesh with the 9-26/hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in /skse/plugins, both at the same time?

What's the file setup here?

Anybody experience problems with vanishing followers when using this?

Seems like whenever I zone between an exterior and an interior cell (in either direction), my followers temporarily turn invisible. Once I run far enough away from the entry point, they re-appear. Also, sometimes I can actually see them fading out before they vanish entirely if I load fast enough, and in these cases it looks like their chest stretches out into the distance, as if anchored to some far away point. Looks like this -

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920149199251936127/AA8ACE2E30BF74D6CEF27BFF2368FAB36EB80981/

They turn invisible shortly after.

Only happens when this plugin is enabled. Currently using the 9-26 version, but it was happening with the 9-23 version as well.

Anybody experience problems with vanishing followers when using this?

Seems like whenever I zone between an exterior and an interior cell (in either direction), my followers temporarily turn invisible. Once I run far enough away from the entry point, they re-appear. Also, sometimes I can actually see them fading out before they vanish entirely if I load fast enough, and in these cases it looks like their chest stretches out into the distance, as if anchored to some far away point. Looks like this -

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920149199251936127/AA8ACE2E30BF74D6CEF27BFF2368FAB36EB80981/

They turn invisible shortly after.

Only happens when this plugin is enabled. Currently using the 9-26 version, but it was happening with the 9-23 version as well.

There's something I've not gotten a handle on with installing 9-26 with a previous xml originally stated by Jacques00. I'm planning on putting that as an update. Let me do that (whenever it may be) and lets pick this up from there. 

Meantime i would suggest setting up an alternate configuration that's relatively clean. . . not for use, just for testing (this whole thing is still in dev really) and see if there's a combination of mods that's creating this problem for you.

**If you're not already using it, Mod Organizer (linked in my sig) makes this kind of thing a breeze by copying a "mod profile" to a new slot and just unchecking boxes until it's down to just the basics needed to create such a 'clean setup'

Well like Mickster posted, I use CBBE with the XPMS 1.81 skeleton and TBBP Meshes. 

It's a body created with Bodyslide++ and has a really small butt (not that you can really see that from behind), but the effect is actually clearly visible, which can not be said about many animations with (t)bbp I've used so far. At least in combination with a small butt.

What animations are you using with it?

Well, i'm almost there. I  have the HDT dll working (almost) well.  I have the XPMS skelly with quiver on the lower back, and i now have butt jiggle. My question is, how to get the amount of jiggle in your video?  I have the jiggle going, but it's barely noticeable.

The 9-26 HDT is still going the extreme jiggle-twitch breasts.  

According to jacques00 there's a fix for it. I can't figure out from his posts exactly what the file setup is, but I'll update once i get it.

Probably be a few hours from now since we're spread out around the world.

@Jacques00

I need to be clear about what you've got because I'm going to use it as a template for the update. 

1. 9-26 dll
  2. your xml 

produces realistic bounce (not floaters like 7-22), without jitter, in first person, not in menus. This all correct?

Or does first person still need to be "fixed"? If so I'll hold off the update till that.

What I'm not sure of, after reading those posts is what the xml config is. Are you using the 9-20/hdtCBBE.xml that you posted in with the naked mesh with the 9-26/hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in /skse/plugins, both at the same time?

Well, i'm almost there. I  have the HDT dll working (almost) well.  I have the XPMS skelly with quiver on the lower back, and i now have butt jiggle. My question is, how to get the amount of jiggle in your video?  I have the jiggle going, but it's barely noticeable.

The 09-26 .dll and the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" file should be in the "data/skse/plugins" folder for the physics to work. If you want the tbbp/bbp-related animations to work alongside the physics, be sure to not rename or remove the "skeleton_female.hkx" in the "data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female" folder, keeping it will enable those animations.

I did use the "hdtCBBE.xml" from the 09-20 update and edited it to fit the post-09-23 updates, but that file will do nothing if it isn't linked properly to the mesh as Vioxsis outlined. So if you already linked the mesh to the "hdtCBBE.xml" and then use my edited version of that file, it should fix the wayward breasts alongside the twitching.

Hope this helps and apologies for the delayed response!

@Jacques00

1. 9-26 dll
  2. your xml 

The 09-26 .dll and the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" file should be in the "data/skse/plugins" folder for the physics to work. If you want the tbbp/bbp-related animations to work alongside the physics, be sure to not rename or remove the "skeleton_female.hkx" in the "data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female" folder, keeping it will enable those animations.

I did use the "hdtCBBE.xml" from the 09-20 update and edited it to fit the post-09-23 updates, but that file will do nothing if it isn't linked properly to the mesh as Vioxsis outlined.

Don't sweat the delay. I mean how dare you have a life, but you know... (=

So if you already linked the mesh to the "hdtCBBE.xml" and then use my edited version of that file, it should fix the wayward breasts alongside the twitching.

with which dll? 9-20, 9-23, or 9-26?

is it then in without using the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml or with it?

so I did a bunch of fucking around with it... bunch of different iterations of the the 3 xmls and the 3 dlls from 20, 23, 26 and Jacques00's xml.  I had some weirdness with 9-20 and the liked mesh & cbbe xml where it suddenly stopped working not sure why.

but what I found was that the 9-23 dll + 9-26 xml has the best effect. it's different in that the vertical movement has a hard bounce at the bottom, but softer at the top and lateral is still soft. that's pretty cool.

Except that it jitters, and it crashes the game when I quit. The game quits fine, but at the end windows says "skyrim has stopped working". I have this with every use of 9-26.

almost-there-o.gif

@Jacques00

1. 9-26 dll
  2. your xml 

I did use the "hdtCBBE.xml" from the 09-20 update and edited it to fit the post-09-23 updates, but that file will do nothing if it isn't linked properly to the mesh as Vioxsis outlined.

So if you already linked the mesh to the "hdtCBBE.xml" and then use my edited version of that file, it should fix the wayward breasts alongside the twitching.

The hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml is only for if you want the BBP/TBBP/etc. animations to run properly with the HDT Physics, pretty much working very similar to how the 07-22 version worked, and is somewhat unrelated to the hdtCBBE.xml from the best of my knowledge, but HydrogensaysHDT may be able to elaborate on that regardless of what I think.

The hdtCBBE.xml though, is for linking to the meshes you want the HDT Physics to work on specifically, whether or not you have hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml in your plugins folder (I always tested with hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml active since it was introduced, so I never ran into problems with it in particular--so yes, I was using both hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml and hdtCBBE simultaneously). Using hdtCBBE.xml will allow you to see the physics in first person (using TJoP) if you link it properly. I've only got it to work properly while using the 09-26 .dll after editing it and have not tested it out on earlier versions, but you are free to do so if you wish.

I think, since using the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml with the later builds of the plug-in (v09-25 and v09-26), having that run simultaneously with the hdtCBBE.xml will cause the jittery bug due to the implementation of collisions. To work around for that will be to edit the hdtCBBE.xml file's values so that the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml will not clash with hdtCBBE.xml.

So in short: hdtCBBE.xml requires linking, hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml does not. Using both simultaneously will clash, so using the edited version of the hdtCBBE.xml is a temporary fix for now until it is sorted out in the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml.

I may not be completely right on all this information though, so take it with a grain of salt. Again, HydrogensaysHDT may be able to clarify and I hope this helps!

@Jacques00

1. 9-26 dll
  2. your xml 

The hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml is only for if you want the BBP/TBBP/etc. animations to run properly with the HDT Physics, pretty much working very similar to how the 07-22 version worked, and is somewhat unrelated to the hdtCBBE.xml from the best of my knowledge, but HydrogensaysHDT may be able to elaborate on that regardless of what I think.

The hdtCBBE.xml though, is for linking to the meshes you want the HDT Physics to work on specifically, whether or not you have hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml in your plugins folder (I always tested with hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml active since it was introduced, so I never ran into problems with it in particular--so yes, I was using both hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml and hdtCBBE simultaneously). Using hdtCBBE.xml will allow you to see the physics in first person (using TJoP) if you link it properly. I've only got it to work properly while using the 09-26 .dll after editing it and have not tested it out on earlier versions, but you are free to do so if you wish.

I think, since using the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml with the later builds of the plug-in (v09-25 and v09-26), having that run simultaneously with the hdtCBBE.xml will cause the jittery bug due to the implementation of collisions. To work around for that will be to edit the hdtCBBE.xml file's values so that the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml will not clash with hdtCBBE.xml.

So in short: hdtCBBE.xml requires linking, hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml does not. Using both simultaneously will clash, so using the edited version of the hdtCBBE.xml is a temporary fix for now until it is sorted out in the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml.

I may not be completely right on all this information though, so take it with a grain of salt. Again, HydrogensaysHDT may be able to clarify and I hope this helps!

Well done. Thanks.

So what I'm hearing is that it can be made to work if you use...

1. 9-26 hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
  2. 9-26 hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
  3. the zeroed 9-20 hdtCBBE.xml linked to, and residing with, the body mesh

Ok. Thanks.

I shall do that for myself and leave it here for anyone following.

Quick poll for anyone that's paying attention: Think I should update the OP with instructions on how to do this? I'm thinking that it's prob a bit complex for most people.

[edit]

for me, 923 dll + 926 xml + linked edited 920 xml is great. 

for me, 926 dll + 926 xml + linked edited 920 xml jitters. 

Both 9-26 and 9-23 cause crash on quit for me. Since the crash seems to cause no problems I think i'll just bite the bullet and take it.

Well done HydrogensaysHDT and well done Jacques00. Thanks both.

Well done. Thanks.

So what I'm hearing is that it can be made to work if you use...

1. 9-26 hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
  2. 9-26 hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
  3. the zeroed 9-20 hdtCBBE.xml linked to, and residing with, the body mesh

Ok. Thanks.

I shall do that for myself and leave it here for anyone following.

Quick poll for anyone that's paying attention: Think I should update the OP with instructions on how to do this? I'm thinking that it's prob a bit complex for most people.

[edit]

for me, 923 dll + 926 xml + linked edited 920 xml is great. 

for me, 926 dll + 926 xml + linked edited 920 xml jitters. 

Both 9-26 and 9-23 cause crash on quit for me. Since the crash seems to cause no problems I think i'll just bite the bullet and take it.

Well done HydrogensaysHDT and well done Jacques00. Thanks both.

No problem, glad I could help.

The hdtCBBE.xml doesn't have to be linked to just the naked body mesh--it can be linked to any mesh that uses the same BBP/TBBP-compatible skeleton, as long as they are linked consistently throughout (both _0 and _1 .nifs, and make sure the file paths match the .xml you are linking to). The 09-23 omits the collision detection, so which is probably why you are not getting the jittery effect when you use the 09-26.xml.

Odd, I have the 09-26 .dll, the 09-26 .xml, and the edited .xml and I am producing no jitters. I am also using Liuli+Groovtama's edited XPMS skeleton, TJoP, and no ENB mods (though I doubt any of those, besides maybe ENB, would be contributing to physics calculations, but you are welcome to test if necessary).

Free to post the instructions if you like, but I'm not sure they are essential as most of the functionality is drag and drop unless you really, really want to see the physics in first-person, then you'll have to invest in the extra steps. So leaving it as an extra option is fine.

I'd like to use this with TJoP as well.  Haven't messed with it since early release, but it seems to be coming along well.  However, linking .xml files to _0 and _1 .nif files and body mesh files is completely out of the question for me.  It's like speaking another language; yeah, i can see the words, but no idea what they mean.  

Too bad its not compatabile with ENB boost.  Enbhost.exe doesnt work with mod

Don't know what you're talking about - works just fine on my setup with ENB .221.

What are you talking about its doesn not work already confirmed by boris. He already stated that HDT is not compatible with his ENB file

*sigh* ENBoost works with HDT. ENBoost may or may not work with HDT when ENBSeries is enabled. ENBoost works with HDT. ENBoost may or may not work with HDT when ENBSeries is enabled etc. etc.

...and according to another forum member (have a look around), Boris was talking about some other HDT, not the one under discussion here.

To everyone who's still getting the jitters (I haven't checked the recent spate of releases yet), try enabling VSync if you haven't already. That worked for me with 7-22.

7-22? My God, how time flies... :cool:

...and according to another forum member (have a look around), Boris was talking about some other HDT, not the one under discussion here.

ENBoost isn't working with HDTpe. Again, it's confirmed by Boris, and it can be easily observed: run em together, start Skyrim, run around some, open task manager, see the ENBhost.exe process memory consumption.

ENBoost isn't working with HDTpe. Again, it's confirmed by Boris, and it can be easily observed: run em together, start Skyrim, run around some, open task manager, see the ENBhost.exe process memory consumption.

Mystery solved: I'm running EBSeries_v0199, which doesn't include ENBhost. I had to revert back to the earlier version to get that "can't live without it" jiggle. So it seems likely that ENBhost, whatever it does for ENBSeries, is the culprit. The older ENBSeries, ENBoost v3.0, and HDT Physics Extensions get along just fine on my rig.

EDIT: i just tried 9-23 and found it works smoothly (no twitching with VSync enabled, didn't try it without), but I have to admit I prefer the livelier action of 7-22. Do we dare hope that some day we'll see an in-game MCM configuration menu? That would be the cherry on top...

Archived