when test faction rank. noticed BAC black tail not use SMP on SE. attached fix.

need BAC SE tail HDT-SMP.7z from BAC download page
and BAC SE tail HDT Black.zip from here.

both must overwrite base bac mod+loose

10 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Any more thoughts on my problem?  I'm still trying things myself.

can tell you "manure" is blue smoke on SE/AE here. no crash.

BAC SE tail HDT Black.zip

Edited by TnkQV
18 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Any more thoughts on my problem?  I'm still trying things myself.

The idle animation being played is a vanilla Bethesda idle. The script of quest bac_cowdefecate does the following:

Spoiler
	Alias_CowPileMarker.ForceRefTo(TargetMarker)
	TargetMarker.SetPosition(Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().X - 66.0 * Math.sin(Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().GetAngleZ()), Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().Y - 66.0 * Math.cos(Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().GetAngleZ()), Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().Z)
	TargetMarker.SetAngle(0.0, 0.0, Alias_TargetRef.GetReference().GetAngleZ())
	if Alias_TargetRef.GetReference() == Game.GetPlayer()
		game.setplayeraidriven(false)
		Game.ForceThirdPerson()
		game.setplayeraidriven(true)
		Game.DisablePlayerControls(true, true, false, false, false, true, true, true)
	endif

; and then at stage 20:

Actor acTarget = Alias_TargetRef.GetReference() As Actor
Armor WornArmor = acTarget.GetWornForm(Armor.GetMaskForSlot(61)) As Armor
if WornArmor
	acTarget.UnequipItem(WornArmor, true, true)
	acTarget.EquipItem(Manure, true, true)
endif
BACPlayer.PlaySoundActor(acTarget, bac_prefart)
acTarget.PlayIdle(IdleCowering)
Utility.Wait(3.0)
BACPlayer.PlaySoundActor(acTarget, DefecateSound)
Utility.Wait(3.0)
Alias_CowPileMarker.GetReference().enable()
acTarget.PlayIdle(IdleStop)
acTarget.UnequipItem(Manure, true, true)
acTarget.RemoveItem(Manure, 1, true)
if WornArmor
	acTarget.EquipItem(WornArmor, true, true)
endif
if Alias_TargetRef.GetReference() == Game.GetPlayer()
	game.setplayeraidriven(false)
	game.enablePlayerControls()
endif

Actually the manure item is being equipped, so your finding that it's some kind of armor was correct after all - my mistake. Effectively it's the same as the Horny Cow leaking effect only in dark greenish brown instead of white. The cow pile has ID xx086d7e (player.placeatme <id>), the manure item has ID xx8ae2e (player.additem <id> 1, then player.equipitem <id>). The idles are: IdleCowering = efc68 and IdleStop = 10d9ee (prid player, then playidle <ID>), again with xx = BAC's mod ID. Try those commands in the console to hopefully provoke the CTD so we can get a little closer.

7 hours ago, TnkQV said:

when test faction rank. noticed BAC black tail not use SMP on SE. attached fix.

need BAC SE tail HDT-SMP.7z from BAC download page
and BAC SE tail HDT Black.zip from here.

both must overwrite base bac mod+loose

Thanks, the other colors did probably also not use the physics. I have made a new tails archive with your tail version copied (and texture link updated) to the other colors as well available on the file page.

6 hours ago, botticelli said:

Thanks, the other colors did probably also not use the physics. I have made a new tails archive with your tail version copied (and texture link updated) to the other colors as well available on the file page.

brown work before. think other tail colore work before.

black tail should be same as other but just missing folder. just copy from white tail to new black folder and change texture. no mesh changes :)

I was able to generate the manure "leaking" effect item and equip it, no crash.  generating the other effect also did not crash the game.  I was not able to play the idle.  It did nothing.  I know it works in the script because I see my character go into the cowering animation just before the crash.  Is that idle ID correct or perhaps my syntax is incorrect?  I tired playidle efc68 and playidle idlecowering = (id) and playidle idlecowering (id)

Is the defecate sound effect different from the sound effect played randomly after getting 'fat cow'?  If it is, is there a way to play that sound effect via console?

Edited by Tovoklar
3 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

playidle efc68

That's the one. It runs on the selected actor, so make sure, your player character is picked in the console first (e. g. prid player)

3 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Is the defecate sound effect different from the sound effect played randomly after getting 'fat cow'? 

Yes it is, but it's a wav file like all the others (data\sound\fx\bac\cow-defecating.wav). I don't know of any console command to play a sound desciptor, though. Check if the wav file is there. The SE/AE CK converted those sound files to xwm format, maybe that's the problem. Did you download the extra sound archive?

And there was the problem.  Somehow the sounds didn't get installed or didnt get in the right place.  I manually made sure they got installed correctly this time.  Crash fixed. 

Cow patty doesn't show up though.  Just a blue smoke effect.  I'm guessing an issue with textures.  I can pick up the 'cow flop' and look at it in the inventory.  It shows up as a textureless blue cow patty shaped thing.  I see the texture files in the folder.  hmmm

Also I have the Grazing file downloaded and it seems it was just a .json which seems to be installed in the right place I think, but the 'Grazing' option in the MCM is disabled.  Is this normal?  Does my cow need a specific mutation for it to work?

Edited by Tovoklar
1 hour ago, Tovoklar said:

And there was the problem.  Somehow the sounds didn't get installed or didnt get in the right place.  I manually made sure they got installed correctly this time.  Crash fixed. 

Cow patty doesn't show up though.  Just a blue smoke effect.  I'm guessing an issue with textures.  I can pick up the 'cow flop' and look at it in the inventory.  It shows up as a textureless blue cow patty shaped thing.  I see the texture files in the folder.  hmmm

Also I have the Grazing file downloaded and it seems it was just a .json which seems to be installed in the right place I think, but the 'Grazing' option in the MCM is disabled.  Is this normal?  Does my cow need a specific mutation for it to work?

Do you have Po3 papyrus extender ? Without it the grazing is disabled

Hey, I wanted to ask, if there's going to be an update in the nearest future? I was planning to start a new game, but I can wait for an update if it's soon.

Also I just finished that old campain, where is just had bac just installed, but didn't do any stuff from the mod (like becoming a milkmaid) and picked mandy book accidentaly and it started the quest. I followed that quest (i wondered if the quest will bug out eventually or something) and eventually hunters started going after me. 
So what i want to say is that eventually after killing waves of hunters (they just kept respawning and I didn't even meet Paul yet), they bugged out and were just following, but didn't start a conversation. If I forced the conversation and attacked them, they didn't fight, just waited to be killed. Life of an NPC i guess.

1 hour ago, Tiruil said:

Do you have Po3 papyrus extender ? Without it the grazing is disabled

No I did not.  It works now, tyvm.

Nvm, the option can be ticked, but will cause a crash shortly after.  /exasperatedsigh

Now there is just that pesky texture problem left.

Edited by Tovoklar

Is there a preferred version of skyrim I should use I have the Special Edition (Anniversary edition) and the 100% vanilla version I used to run Enderal. I've modded Skyrim before a bit but that was just basic stability mods and other light mods I've never really done heavy mods let alone NSFW modding on skyrim before.

22 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Cow patty doesn't show up though.  Just a blue smoke effect.  I'm guessing an issue with textures.  I can pick up the 'cow flop' and look at it in the inventory.  It shows up as a textureless blue cow patty shaped thing.  I see the texture files in the folder.

I meddled with the ectoplasm puddle of the dead ghosts to get a cow pile. Maybe its conversion to SE didn't work...

22 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Does my cow need a specific mutation for it to work?

You need to have (a) enabled degrading and (b) PO3's papyrus extensions installed. Without PO3, the grazing would be a pain in the ass since vanilla Skyrim only finds actors in a given radius, not plants.

20 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

Nvm, the option can be ticked, but will cause a crash shortly after.

There are different PO3 versions out there for either LE, SE, or AE (at least the three of them, not sure about VR). You need to be extra cautious in picking the right one. It brings a dll and that causes a CTD if the SKSE version doesn't match.

20 hours ago, masterofgamespl said:

Hey, I wanted to ask, if there's going to be an update in the nearest future? I was planning to start a new game, but I can wait for an update if it's soon.

no, probably around easter. I've to deal with real live things right now and cannot do much in terms of modding.

20 hours ago, masterofgamespl said:

Life of an NPC i guess.

I probably should activate that book only when the quest is started 🙂

Edited by botticelli

I figured it was just my own dumb butt having done something wrong.  In this case I got the wrong version of papyrus extensions.  Both files said AE which I guess confused me, although the version support number should have clued me in.  lol

Ty for your patience and help.

A quick question: will upgrading to full AE version mess with my current mod setup?  Right now I'm SE but v1.6.117.

Edited by Tovoklar

Heyo @botticelli Was wondering if i could get some advice .  I just started using FMEA LE and part of it renames all harvestable plants to just "plant" instead of Snowberry for example,  Also just noticed that interfeers with the feed quest.

Do i add new lines in the grazeables.json from FMEA or would renaming ""79018|Skyrim.esm", // 0x000134aa = Thistle01" into ""79018|Skyrim.esm", // 0x000134aa = plant" work?

9 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Heyo @botticelli Was wondering if i could get some advice .  I just started using FMEA LE and part of it renames all harvestable plants to just "plant" instead of Snowberry for example,  Also just noticed that interfeers with the feed quest.

Do i add new lines in the grazeables.json from FMEA or would renaming ""79018|Skyrim.esm", // 0x000134aa = Thistle01" into ""79018|Skyrim.esm", // 0x000134aa = plant" work?

changing the comments will not amount to anything (ignore any text after //). Check that mod in CK. Do those "plants" still have the same ID as in vanilla Skyrim? If so, you just need to replace ...|Skyrim.esm" with ...|FMEA Skyrim.esp" in each line. If they have new IDs, it gets more complicated. Start Windows calculator and set it to programmer mode with hex input, then for each plant enter the last 6 digits of its hex id from CK and switch the calculator to dec. The resulting number then is what you'd have to place before the |.

11 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

A quick question: will upgrading to full AE version mess with my current mod setup?

you mean other than SE vs. AE incompatibility issues? Maybe... As for BAC, some people got it running under AE. It's more the dependencies that are the headache, at least those that pack a dll, but no guarantee.

Edited by botticelli
11 hours ago, botticelli said:

changing the comments will not amount to anything (ignore any text after //). Check that mod in CK. Do those "plants" still have the same ID as in vanilla Skyrim? If so, you just need to replace ...|Skyrim.esm" with ...|FMEA Skyrim.esp" in each line. If they have new IDs, it gets more complicated. Start Windows calculator and set it to programmer mode with hex input, then for each plant enter the last 6 digits of its hex id from CK and switch the calculator to dec. The resulting number then is what you'd have to place before the |.

I did some fiddleing in the meanwhile,  Changing to plant did work, but with how FEMA works they only stay as unidentified plants until the first time there consumed, so i just spawned in all the ingredients and ate them so they names are normal.

Also tried adding in mutliples of them but it didnt like that and sayed json was corupted :D i breake things a lot :P

Thanks for your advice on the matter

Just a random question. Is there a rough estimate for the next Update you are willing to share?
The last three times I got in the mood to play Skyrim and this Mod again it got Updated like 1 or 2 days later.
And before something breaks again I just wanted to ask.^^

19 minutes ago, Pristbeast said:

Just a random question. Is there a rough estimate for the next Update you are willing to share?
The last three times I got in the mood to play Skyrim and this Mod again it got Updated like 1 or 2 days later.
And before something breaks again I just wanted to ask.^^

4 minutes ago, Nopeman777 said:

I don't know if it is necessarily this mod but dose anyone know how to turn off the sudden milking that can randomly happen? It comes with a notification like "You can help the milk from flowing"  

That comes from the Untamed mutation. You can't remove it without completely resetting your mutation progress, but you can turn down the per-hour probability in one of the MCM pages.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, djmoose said:

I’m sure it’s been answer before, but where can I can an LE HDT tail, when the tail sprouts I get an error triangle 

Did you install the loose files archive? The tails are in there.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:41 PM, Jimi123 said:

Its working finally dont know how... but it is... just a few question. does the horeshoes paul is equipping look different from the hooves transformation or isnt there any visual difference ? what is hardcore mode doing ? I already fixed the purple with the se tats the head ctd with the heads file and now i am working on the equipment from paul but i get the same hands back -.-

how did you fixed it? I do have the same problem. No dialogue options.