3 hours ago, botticelli said:

Download the esp from here and the loose files from here for now. Bethesda hat put out a notice that Creation Kit and Bethesda Launcher will be discontinued effective April 27th. They want to move to Steam after that.

I'll give it a go tomorrow - TnkQV said they have done it for 6640. I'm on 1.5.97, so a chance its not gonna work...

Cannot load any old save after installing new version in LE. Maybe had to try when will start new game. Have BAC quests running and deep transformation.

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

That was 27 april 2022 :P That launcher is long gone (good riddance) and Steam provides the CK that is matched to your game version. So take care to block both from updating until most of your mods are updated as well. But aside from the new ESL format the CK that comes with the new 1xxx patch should also be backwards compatible to older AE and SE.

But until patched with the mod linked earlier CK is still very slow and unstable, no matter the version. So anyone modding SE/AE, fix your CK and you will be glad you did.

Funny, in December 2023 it still worked, just now bugged out on me. Trying Steam...

15 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

I'll give it a go tomorrow - TnkQV said they have done it for 6640. I'm on 1.5.97, so a chance its not gonna work...

No need, got it running thanks to @naaitsab. But this is the AE CK. Hopefully this will work with SE as well.

18 hours ago, botticelli said:

Download the esp from here and the loose files from here for now. Bethesda hat put out a notice that Creation Kit and Bethesda Launcher will be discontinued effective April 27th. They want to move to Steam after that.

Having a look at this now - I take it I need to d/l and install the BAC 2.0.9 LE, then the loose files from the link above and the esp to overwrite the LE one?

Edit - You posted above as I asked this :D

Timing ftw

Edited by ebbluminous
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Having a look at this now - I take it I need to d/l and install the BAC 2.0.9 LE, then the loose files from the link above and the esp to overwrite the LE one?

Edit - You posted above as I asked this :D

Timing ftw

just uploaded

***EDIT*** I tried something else with the head meshes this time. Would someone with SE/AE please try out, if those packed in the bsa still cause a CTD? Just move data\meshes\bac\heads\*.nif to a subfolder for the test.

Edited by botticelli
1 hour ago, crococat said:

Cannot load any old save after installing new version in LE. Maybe had to try when will start new game. Have BAC quests running and deep transformation.

Strange, I took pains not to change any config parameter (just moved them around a little), but that's papyrus for you, I guess 😞 My hopes were that you'd be able to load the game with just the update and then save the config so you'd not need to hack that in again.

17 hours ago, Rechon said:

No idea to be honest what can be the issue, not the slightest clue as I have not added new mods that mess with the scripting. I hope I'm not a pain in the butt.

Did I mention that I hate the authors of MCM? Because they put out script sources with just a dummy guard( ) function inside so you're not able to see what that function does. The function mentioned in your error is likely the case (the only other option would be that you have an old version of bac_menu.pex lying around). But no matter, just drop this bac_menu.pexin data\scripts and try it out. Lukily there's a papyrus decompiler around, so I can look inside SKI_ConfigManager.pex to see what's really in there. This time I accidentally used a function name that's also used by SKI_ConfigManager but not present in the .psc. Only when you decompile the .pex, it appears there and since I added a parameter to my version of the function, it did no longer run correctly.

1 hour ago, botticelli said:

Did I mention that I hate the authors of MCM? Because they put out script sources with just a dummy guard( ) function inside so you're not able to see what that function does. The function mentioned in your error is likely the case (the only other option would be that you have an old version of bac_menu.pex lying around). But no matter, just drop this bac_menu.pexin data\scripts and try it out. Lukily there's a papyrus decompiler around, so I can look inside SKI_ConfigManager.pex to see what's really in there. This time I accidentally used a function name that's also used by SKI_ConfigManager but not present in the .psc. Only when you decompile the .pex, it appears there and since I added a parameter to my version of the function, it did no longer run correctly.

Thank you so much, sadly current better written mods have to rely on older mods which were written much worse (talking me, who can't even print hello world lol). On an existing save its no luck, however on a brand new game it works just fine so far, I did the exact same stuff as earlier and now it works after the 1st intercourse (without Bimbos of Skyrim still, I don't know if it is related to the MCM error, I'll try it as well). Almost everyone suggests against such heresy, however can a current save be fixed by uninstalling BAC cleaning the save file, re-saving and then reinstalling the mod or will it break everything?

New game.log Previous save.log

4 hours ago, botticelli said:

***EDIT*** I tried something else with the head meshes this time. Would someone with SE/AE please try out, if those packed in the bsa still cause a CTD? Just move data\meshes\bac\heads\*.nif to a subfolder for the test.

I'm getting CTD after 2.0.9 on 1.6.640 AE, letting you know.

2 hours ago, Galactase said:

Getting an immediate CTD upon installing 2.0.9 SE. Unsure if it's an issue specific to me but 2.0.8 SE has no such issues.

1 hour ago, masterofgamespl said:

I'm getting CTD after 2.0.9 on 1.6.640 AE, letting you know.

Could you please try with unpacked BSAs? I'm not sure of the CK version Steam installed today...

2 hours ago, Galactase said:

Getting an immediate CTD upon installing 2.0.9 SE. Unsure if it's an issue specific to me but 2.0.8 SE has no such issues.

You probably have cow head enabled ? 

anyways i get into SE with the new 2.0.9 but face textures are purple going back to the old version fixes it.

trying it on a new game as well still purple/blue face. 

ran body slide 

Edited by 4Lewds
Posted (edited)

The CK I now use is 1.6.640 CK. Its BSA process may have issues with older versions. Has anyone tried to unpack the BSAs ("bac.bsa" *and* "bac - Textures.bsa") and is still having issues? Alternatively, just rename them to something other than .bsa and unpack the archive from this post into your data directory.

Edited by botticelli

Seems to work well for the most part, but on the Hammerheart quest any time I sit in the chair for equipment the screen goes black when Paul shows up, doesn't appear to freeze the game entirely as I can still pause and load, I even had the companions forcegreet with the screen black because of that event that happens by the stables and dialogue showed up, but screen was still black, anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I have all the required mods installed and have run bodyslide, etc, currently using version 2.09, but I had this problem with 2.08 too 

Edited by GamerGirlPee91
10 hours ago, GamerGirlPee91 said:

Seems to work well for the most part, but on the Hammerheart quest any time I sit in the chair for equipment the screen goes black when Paul shows up, doesn't appear to freeze the game entirely as I can still pause and load, I even had the companions forcegreet with the screen black because of that event that happens by the stables and dialogue showed up, but screen was still black, anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I have all the required mods installed and have run bodyslide, etc, currently using version 2.09, but I had this problem with 2.08 too 

The FadeToBlack occurs when Paul arrives and is reversed just a moment later. Did you get a papyrus0.log for that? maybe something didn't work out?

On 3/27/2024 at 7:24 AM, Durrrian said:

Same here, everything works fine with 2.0.9 except the purple Face..

lmk too :D we all waiting. Cant play games again till weekend so cant test myself :() damn bibness trips. 

im on 1.5.97 and am getting blue textures for face and body with 2.09 SE.
Has anyone downgraded it from 640 yet? I cant get creation kit to work.

I dont know what caused the body issue, I do have the tats part downloaded. I OD'd on skooma and the skin turned blue. So I disabled cow and it went away (confirming it was this mod), I then checked the pathing in the Json, that was fine. I checked the bac tats folder that was fine too, I tried changing the cow colour and it would turn off the blue, then reapply it once cow was done updating. I turned on console logs and nothing seemed wrong.

I went back to a previous save, and levelled up the cow normally and the tattoo fur was fine, no issues. I dont know what causes it in that specific instance (Something applied or doubled during the OD?). As for the head that still seems to go blue from time to time and I dont know why, nothing seems out of place for the head.

I cant help much more as my previous version bac was 2.0.1 and this is 2.0.9 and the only thing I can think of is the skyrim version required. I did try to download the LE version and update it through CK but that gave me 2000 errors (Strings, meshes, textures) so I decided to leave it alone and wait for someone with more knowledge to fix it.

Edited by nocturna

yea i still get the blue head issue SE 1.5.97. 

With the textures from the post and the 2.0.9 file for se. Really strange even if you turn off all the tats applying it still does not go away.  

Edited by 4Lewds

Edit- I see other people are getting that purple face due to 2.0.9, maybe someone found a solution there.

Just when you think your safe and set v2.0.9. boom, a purple head this time. time to run in fear.

image.jpeg

Edited by AlteraPendragon

The cow head meshes from 2.0.9 seems to have fixed the crashes on 2.0.8 for me. I unpacked them from the bsa and changed out the originals and now the head transformations work. Before with 2.0.8 the head meshes would cause an instant CTD.

Edited by SpaceSoap