3 hours ago, botticelli said:

I thought so of my installation, too, until I found out that Steam had silently "upgraded" that  to AE...

i have not official skyrim so it cant update himself, mb i need download old version for old skyrim

Upd: download version for my skyrim fix problem, thank you >_<

Edited by Drummer_I

I need a bit of help. I tried to check and see what happens when you make Paul wait one, two or more cycles and well... It happened that my saturation went down and i have no idea how to turn it back up. I've done quest for him and so on but it stays the same. That's anoying af. How do i revert the changes?

On 1/27/2024 at 6:59 PM, botticelli said:

a) It's an ongoing process since BoS tends to screw up npc cows with its outfits and we have not solved that yet.

b) BAC items have been tagged zad_Lockable with DD keyword to remain even if BoS wants to equip shoes, etc. Sadly the full bimbo outfits disregard that.

c) there will be an option to award BoS corruption on BAC cow mutation in the next version

d) (also ongoing) There are some slot collisions. E. g. you can either wear BoS navel piercings or BAC udders but not both. In my copy of BoS, I moved the navel piercing to slot 60 so my cow can wear both - but I cannot post that since I'm not the author of BoS *and* slot 60 is not a general solution since there are items out there that use that slot already.

As of now, they should run alongside with some caveats as stated above. For the outfit problem, I usually use EFF to set the outfit of a cow bimbo to None for her not to swap equipment every 10 seconds.

Just posting here to note that I've released a new version of BoS that should hopefully screw with BAC's outfits a bit less. It also has a feature to set a bimbo's outfit to None, so you won't need another mod to do that any more.

As for the slot collisions, yeah there's no saving that, there just aren't enough slots. But at least BoS will detect an udder as a valid navel piercing and think you're wearing one?

12 hours ago, Elfos said:

I need a bit of help. I tried to check and see what happens when you make Paul wait one, two or more cycles and well... It happened that my saturation went down and i have no idea how to turn it back up. I've done quest for him and so on but it stays the same. That's anoying af. How do i revert the changes?

a) in MCM on right side of the Story page you can adjust the number of image space modifiers applied in that case. I myself turn that down to 1 because that is sufficient to get the message across ("Paul is even more annoyed").

b) those image space modifers get removed once you accept the quest from Paul (may take a moment but should be removed within a minute)

c) we had some mods and some ENBs messing with foreign image space modifiers so they do *not* get removed. If that is the case you can - as a last resort - enter teofis in the console (toggle end-o-frame image space). This will remove *all* active image space modifiers. I my experience it also blocked them from being reapplied, though.

On 2/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, botticelli said:

a) in MCM on right side of the Story page you can adjust the number of image space modifiers applied in that case. I myself turn that down to 1 because that is sufficient to get the message across ("Paul is even more annoyed").

b) those image space modifers get removed once you accept the quest from Paul (may take a moment but should be removed within a minute)

c) we had some mods and some ENBs messing with foreign image space modifiers so they do *not* get removed. If that is the case you can - as a last resort - enter teofis in the console (toggle end-o-frame image space). This will remove *all* active image space modifiers. I my experience it also blocked them from being reapplied, though.

I've turned that down but sadly only after this got to the point where it is now. 
And well... they didn't get removed even though i don't use ENB. I'm kinda worried about using teofis as just like you said it'll stop any future modifications.
I wonder if there is any command that can restore them to what they are by default?

14 hours ago, Elfos said:

I've turned that down but sadly only after this got to the point where it is now. 
And well... they didn't get removed even though i don't use ENB. I'm kinda worried about using teofis as just like you said it'll stop any future modifications.
I wonder if there is any command that can restore them to what they are by default?

sorry, there is no command other than teofis, just the function (ImageSpaceModifier::Remove) that already got called by BAC but obviously did not work. If you do not have a save prior to that modifier getting applied, only teofis remains.

Edited by botticelli

Is it normal that Being a Cow gets reinitialised every time i load a save file? I thought it might be the setting "Update cows on cell change" but that didn't change anything.

I do load quite a lot of mods/plugins and engine fixes should prevent the limit issue, but this mods seems to be the only one that does it.

Edited by Dragoncloser
16 hours ago, Dragoncloser said:

Is it normal that Being a Cow gets reinitialised every time i load a save file? I thought it might be the setting "Update cows on cell change" but that didn't change anything.

I do load quite a lot of mods/plugins and engine fixes should prevent the limit issue, but this mods seems to be the only one that does it.

What do you mean with "gets reinitialized"? It runs the updater on each reload to check whether you updated the mod in between. It does not do a full initialization (else you would see a long list of verion numbers "BAC updated to version x.x" in the console).

That updater needs to do some things regardless of updates. Since npc morph modifications (and some other things regarding npcs) do not persist during save and reload, they need to get reapplied again. So there's an "update always" function running on every game load, yes.

2 hours ago, botticelli said:

What do you mean with "gets reinitialized"? It runs the updater on each reload to check whether you updated the mod in between. It does not do a full initialization (else you would see a long list of verion numbers "BAC updated to version x.x" in the console).

That updater needs to do some things regardless of updates. Since npc morph modifications (and some other things regarding npcs) do not persist during save and reload, they need to get reapplied again. So there's an "update always" function running on every game load, yes.

I see. Has this always been the case?

Would it been possible to add an option that hides those notifications?

Those 2 message are popping up. I assumed the mod reinitialises.

It also doesn't apply the skin till i change cell.

image.png.af955ecea244ba41f869179d50299bc7.png

Edited by Dragoncloser
43 minutes ago, Dragoncloser said:

I see. Has this always been the case?

Would it been possible to add an option that hides those notifications?

Those 2 message are popping up. I assumed the mod reinitialises.

It also doesn't apply the skin till i change cell.

image.png.af955ecea244ba41f869179d50299bc7.png

That is *not* ok. Somehow your character's registration as cow gets removed and then reapplied at load time. That should not be necessary. Since those are all StorageUtil values: Do you have a mod that tampers with StorageUtil? Or did you add/remove mods during your playthrough which then changed the load order? In that case in can happen for any mod (not just BAC) that loading a save with a different load order will no longer keep the values.

2 hours ago, botticelli said:

That is *not* ok. Somehow your character's registration as cow gets removed and then reapplied at load time. That should not be necessary. Since those are all StorageUtil values: Do you have a mod that tampers with StorageUtil? Or did you add/remove mods during your playthrough which then changed the load order? In that case in can happen for any mod (not just BAC) that loading a save with a different load order will no longer keep the values.

Ive already found out that changing the load order can cause issues, though im not doing this. Its even happening if i save, and then load that save without restarting.

StorageUtil.pex? The file that comes with PapyrusUtil?

Im loading PapyrusUtil after Sexlab and Campfire so it overrides those.

Its version 3.9 for 1.5.97

I am loading 376 esp though. Engine Fixes does allow it but i guess it might cause issues?

Though ive only notices this "issue" after i updated to bac 2.0.8

Edited by Dragoncloser
6 hours ago, Tovoklar said:

So for me for some reason the Defecate power causes a consistent CTD.  Any ideas what might be going on there?

Are you on SE/AE? data\meshes\bac\manure.nif is used to create the manure pile. Maybe the conversion produced something not usable in your edition? Try

player.placeatme xx086d7e [xx 0 BAC's mod ID]

in the console. If that causes the CTD, try exchanging that nif with something else.

14 hours ago, Dragoncloser said:

Though ive only notices this "issue" after i updated to bac 2.0.8

Did you update in a running game?

7 hours ago, botticelli said:

Are you on SE/AE? data\meshes\bac\manure.nif is used to create the manure pile. Maybe the conversion produced something not usable in your edition? Try

player.placeatme xx086d7e [xx 0 BAC's mod ID]

in the console. If that causes the CTD, try exchanging that nif with something else.

Did you update in a running game?

Not entirely sure anymore since i was changing quite a lot of mods around the time and restarted fresh. Ive got to check when i started that save and when i installed BAC 2.0.8

Edit:

Ive installed it on the 27.01 and made the save on the 29.01. I can make a new one and see if the issue persists.

Edit:

The message doesn't seem to pop up anymore with a new save, though the tats are still not applied till i change cell.

Edit:

After starting that new save, going back to the old doesn't make the message pop up anymore. Strange.

Edited by Dragoncloser

Sorry, I should have specified I'm on SE v1.6.1170.0.  I have tried to take care to use 1.6.117 mods. 

using console to generate the "manure" item did not crash the game, but it also did not appear as manure, but just a small black box with the ZaZ logo on it.  Interesting that is classed as armor.  Did I generate the correct item or is there another one I didn't find?  I just searched manure with the help command and then placeatme.

Nvm, I searched the mod ID and then added the hex you gave behind it.  still didn't crash the game and produced a blue smokey effect.  I'm still not sure I did it right.

I should also mention that the crash doesn't happen until a second or two after animation starts.

Update: I tried a different .nif and the game still crashed so I don't think that is the problem.  Is there any way to disable the function for now?

Edited by Tovoklar
4 hours ago, Dragoncloser said:

Would it be possible to implement something like this but for the beast sneak? So it would only change the animation if you are actually affected by the curse?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/107599

good idea. have OAR mod files ready but question for botticelli before upload

@botticelli is bac_milkmaid (XX009428) faction correct to check? all bac_milkmaid members == cursed?

rank == mutation stage?

thankyou

1 minute ago, TnkQV said:

good idea. have OAR mod files ready but question for botticelli before upload

@botticelli is bac_milkmaid (XX009428) faction correct to check? all bac_milkmaid members == cursed?

rank == mutation stage?

thankyou

Tbf. i was close to doing that myself after i saw how simple it would be. Didn't thought about the faction though.

2 hours ago, Dragoncloser said:

Tbf. i was close to doing that myself after i saw how simple it would be. Didn't thought about the faction though.

OAR is very good. new to me.

not sure how else to check if npc/player BAC cursed.

6 hours ago, TnkQV said:

OAR is very good. new to me.

not sure how else to check if npc/player BAC cursed.

I use DAR on LE probably with the same intention and this _conditions.txt:

IsFemale() AND
IsInFaction("bac.esp" | 0x009428)

9 hours ago, TnkQV said:

rank == mutation stage?

yes, but only with females. Paul is also in this faction for ally reasons, so be sure to include the IsFemale() check. There was an issue during the battle of Whiterun where Paul would attack the wrong party and with them then turning hostile on the pc you ended up fighting both sides. So merely adding him to bac_friends did not suffice.

Edited by botticelli
19 hours ago, Dragoncloser said:

The message doesn't seem to pop up anymore with a new save, though the tats are still not applied till i change cell

Do you have a mod that monitors/resorts/whatevers NiOverride overlay slots? Because BAC allocates those on cow registration and puts a blank texture in there to reserve it expecting those same slots to be available later when needed. Now if some mod disregards that and uses those slots nonetheless, BAC will need to find new ones on each load.

3 hours ago, botticelli said:

Do you have a mod that monitors/resorts/whatevers NiOverride overlay slots? Because BAC allocates those on cow registration and puts a blank texture in there to reserve it expecting those same slots to be available later when needed. Now if some mod disregards that and uses those slots nonetheless, BAC will need to find new ones on each load.

If you know a mod that would do that, let me know. Then i can check.

I've had edited the skee64.ini to allow more tats

image.png.53eb17a396348ebd0722a97e908ecd88.png

What i do notice though, is that those slots are always reverted back to "default" instead of "blank" when it isn't working.

Edited by Dragoncloser
16 hours ago, botticelli said:

I use DAR on LE probably with the same intention and this _conditions.txt:

IsFemale() AND
IsInFaction("bac.esp" | 0x009428)

yes, but only with females. Paul is also in this faction for ally reasons, so be sure to include the IsFemale() check. There was an issue during the battle of Whiterun where Paul would attack the wrong party and with them then turning hostile on the pc you ended up fighting both sides. So merely adding him to bac_friends did not suffice.

This is my attempt at it. I've used the Beast SneakSE.7z you've provided. I've structure it so, that it can be expanded by other submods.

It only works for the player, female, sneaking, in the cow faction and NOT having a weapon drawn.

{
    "name": "Cow Sneak",
    "priority": 800000,
    "conditions": [
        {
            "condition": "IsActorBase",
            "requiredVersion": "1.0.0.0",
            "Actor base": {
                "pluginName": "Skyrim.esm",
                "formID": "7"
            }
        },
        {
            "condition": "IsSneaking",
            "requiredVersion": "1.0.0.0"
        },
        {
            "condition": "IsFemale",
            "requiredVersion": "1.0.0.0"
        },
        {
            "condition": "IsInFaction",
            "Faction": {
                "pluginName": "bac.esp",
                "formID": "9428"
            }
        },
        {
            "condition": "IsWeaponDrawn",
            "negated": true
        }
    ]
}

You need to download Open Animation Replacer to use the file attached!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/92109

BAC Cow Sneak.7z

Edited by Dragoncloser