Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

Heya. I'm experiencing some crashes at the Bard's college in Solitude (LE). This is with an old save, not a new one (I found the Daedric Wisps a bit too lethal to try progressing the quest line with a new save).

Crash 1: After being told to find the Khajiit when I went to exit the college it crashed on the loadscreen.

Crashes 2-4: Immediately when he speaks the line about going to find the Khajiit.

Crash 5: when attempting to speak with him.

Crash 6: when trying to load the save.

I suspect the save is become corrupted so I'll try going back to an earlier autosave (arriving in Solitude outside) to see if that helps as I once managed to leave the college with a separate character who wasn't as suited to the task.

I've also experienced quite a few crashes in other areas but those have been intermittent. I'm using some other mods with a high script load (YPS etc) so that could be contributing to the instability. The Bard's college crashing seems to be fairly reliable 'though but I'm going to check if it's more to do with the save file than the actual mod itself.

Edited by Balgin

Can't find any notes on SSE either. Where are they supposed to be located?

Edit: Also for some reason, the FOMOD on 0.98c (SE version. Didn't try LE) is behaving weirdly. It only installs the meshes (the options folder) and not the ESP and the rest.

Edited by POLE7645
5 minutes ago, POLE7645 said:

Can't find any notes on SSE either. Where are they supposed to be located?

Edit: Also for some reason, the FOMOD on 0.98c (SE version. Didn't try LE) is behaving weirdly. It only installs the meshes (the options folder) and not the ESP and the rest.

This applies to both LE & SE versions of the mod. Make sure you don't have the mod active in your load order until after character creation. If you're using an alternate start mod, wait 'til you're safely out of your starting area.

Then activate SBC.

In the interest of useful feedback, what information should we be submitting with each bug?

The following you already mentioned:

- Game version (LE/SE/AE).

- Mod version number.

- General problem description.

Is there anything else that you would want to know, in general?

Edited by Libita
Clarification
1 hour ago, davidxs said:

installed mod for sse but missing the esp file

I´m too! But in the package is the esp-file. The install dosn´t correct work, manuell I have put the esp-file in the data, but it dosn´t work.

The install with NMM very quick, I think so that not all files install!

Have a nice day

Helmut

2 hours ago, davidxs said:

installed mod for sse but missing the esp file

51 minutes ago, Helmut290456 said:

I´m too! But in the package is the esp-file. The install dosn´t correct work, manuell I have put the esp-file in the data, but it dosn´t work.

The install with NMM very quick, I think so that not all files install!

Have a nice day

Helmut

Fomod installer is broken.  you need to create empty mod and manually copy contents from the "00 Main"folder in it
if you are use cbbe bodies, you also need copy content from 01 Options->cbbe

Edited by G1deon388

I may have found another suspect sound file, the crash is similiar to the Bards College crash.  Gonna spoiler it though because it reveals something about the next step.

Spoiler

So, I found Ri'saad first, then Ma'dran, then Ahkari.   She said she could do it in exchange for a certain object.  When I started asking her about the object, then if someone might be able to help, -crash-.  When I went to reproduce, I went straight to Ahkari and this time she said she couldn't do it, so I went to Ma'dran and he could, and I went through his convo without the crash.  Though I'm certain he skipped a line, something was off with that.  But anyway, I think Ahkari has a bad sound file.  I'll try to reproduce again but I might not be able to, I only have 3 autosaves and there was a vampire fight and I had to go into the Inn to talk to her the 2nd time so I don't think I can get back to before talking to her.

0.98c for LE

Everything has been working fine for me so far.  I have done the "investigate the otherworldy visions" quest line and received the ring as a reward, now wandering around searching for captives to rescue.

Much better than 0.98a!  Thank you very much!

0.98c LE

Innkeeper sends me to Falkreath.  Talk to Nenya about disappearances.  It seems as if I get the quest but no paper, no location, no quest/map marker, and the whole quest line disappears from my journal.

Solution:  Walk around until you get close enough to the target camp and you will get the quest and questline back.

Edited by kalador
Resolved
10 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Just posted v0.98c:

Fixed several dirty edits, removed some unnecessary bloat, and should correct the SSE version stability issues.

Tried Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98c SSE but like a few others have mentioned the FOMOD installer no longer works, after using/deploying SexyBanditCaptives.esp isn't present in \data

Combining the files 00 Main and 01 Optional (using CBBE) into a a regular .rar it installs fine

Noticed the ModuleConfig.xml in v0.098c is much shorter than 0.098a and doesn't give the first screen about KS hair like the first one did

10 hours ago, Helveticos said:

From what i noticed, Jarl Skald doesn't give out any report on captives, no matter how much Pale related gossip i get from innkeepers. Will try later with imperial replacement jarl option to see if it will work.

He does if there's anything to give.  Since that's the Hold without a Steward, the dialogue branches have a special branch for Skald.  I'll have to check if it was keyed to the Jarl of The Pale (which would account for the Imperial replacement) or not.  If that's not working correctly, then we have another problem.

1 hour ago, kalador said:

Innkeeper sends me to Falkreath.  Talk to Nenya about disappearances.  It seems as if I get the quest but no paper, no location, no quest/map marker, and the whole quest line disappears from my journal.

Never seen this in testing.  Notify if it happens again.

2 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

c version,  deleted nav mesh(18 of em).   Are they going to be cleaned?  Or maybe they are allegedly not a problem? 

Unclear what you mean.  18 were deleted or you deleted 18?  Most navmesh work was done by @EinarrTheRed, question to him as the expert.

4 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

I may have found another suspect sound file, the crash is similiar to the Bards College crash.

Sounds like there's an issue with the FemaleKhajiit sound files for that slice of Ahkari dialogue.  Rather than spending time hunting the issue, regenerating those files as a batch would probably be the most expeditious fix.  Should be later today.

4 hours ago, Libita said:

It's a bit hard to "investigate otherworldly vision" without more information. I have no idea where to go?

Pursue the other quest items until you have more information and it will become apparent.

3 hours ago, Helmut290456 said:

under Information/moddetection SBB dosn´t detect Paradise Hall in the actual version with (!) PAH Diary of mine.

TDF-detection works.

Known issue, though low priority - it only affects the ability to convert a subjugate Captive directly to a PAHE actor.  Unknown what's causing it, but it seems to occur with both LE and SSE.  Will involve code diving to rectify.

7 hours ago, Libita said:

In the interest of useful feedback, what information should we be submitting with each bug?

The following you already mentioned:

- Game version (LE/SE/AE).

- Mod version number.

- General problem description.

Is there anything else that you would want to know, in general?

Those are the basics, yes.  Additional information that helps is a specific report on where/when an issue occurred.  Such as CTD "After Ahkari says XXX" instead of just "While talking to Ahkari".

3 hours ago, kalador said:

0.98c for LE

Everything has been working fine for me so far.  I have done the "investigate the otherworldy visions" quest line and received the ring as a reward, now wandering around searching for captives to rescue.

Much better than 0.98a!  Thank you very much!

Talk to an innkeeper.  You shouldn't need to wander around unless you just want to.  Sort of a needle in a haystack sort of deal depending on how many camps you have enabled.

8 hours ago, Wolfshrike said:

Running into the FOMOD issue with .98c as well- and on booting up a test save with a previous SBC version present, it throws a warning that the mod is no longer present. 

Will check the FOMOD; admittedly it wasn't tested but just lifted from a previous version.  Should be an easy fix for later today.

9 hours ago, Balgin said:

Crash 1: After being told to find the Khajiit when I went to exit the college it crashed on the loadscreen.

Crashes 2-4: Immediately when he speaks the line about going to find the Khajiit.

Crash 5: when attempting to speak with him.

Crash 6: when trying to load the save.

I suspect the save is become corrupted so I'll try going back to an earlier autosave (arriving in Solitude outside) to see if that helps as I once managed to leave the college with a separate character who wasn't as suited to the task.

This should have been corrected with v0.98c, and was verified on an old save.  It was just something corrupt about one of the sound files.  See related problem above with Ahkari.