Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

SBCBlackbirdWanderer00.png

Support Thread

(Download Page here)

Thanks for the patience from everyone as we navigate the obstacles to a new introduction of this mod.  Keep in mind the current structuring of things is quite complex, plus we're battling different idiosyncrasies from LE, SSE, and AE.

When reporting anything, specify the SBC version you're using, and which platform (LE/SSE/AE)

This will accelerate the resolution to your problem!

So far reports have been (this section will be updated for quick reference):

Green = Resolved.  Blue = Actively working or workaround known.  Red = Critical issue / cause unknown.  White = Investigating.

01-21APR22

Spoiler

02APR22:

Problem:  v0.98 (LE/SSE) - Users reported the downloaded archive files were missing their ESP and/or script files.

Solution:  The files were there, but inadvertently marked hidden.  Corrected with v0.98a

Problem:  v0.98a(SSE) - Users reported CTD at (various points including whenever near Captives)

Solution: Corrected with v0.98c

Problem:  v0.98 (LE) - Users reported CTD during the 2nd Quest speaking to Giraud about the caravan leaders.

Solution:  Corrected with v0.98c

Problem:  v0.98 (AE) - Users reported T-pose with Captives as well as brownface bug.

Solution:  Corrected with v0.98d

03APR22

Problem:  v0.98c (SSE) - Users reported the FOMOD fails to unpack correctly

Solution:  Corrected with v0.98d

Problem:  v0.98c - Users reported dialogue with Ahkari causes CTD when she is the one with the translation knowledge.

Solution:  Regenerated sound files.  Corrected with v0.98d

Problem:  A vanilla script on the wisps is spamming thousands of error reports to the Papyrus log.

Solution:  Scripts altered; available in v0.98e.

Problem:  v0.98 (LE/SSE) - Users reported PAHE not automatically detected.

Solution:  Built PAHE specific detection sequence in v0.98e.

04APR22

Problem v0.98d (LE/SSE) Brina Merlis has no dialogue for her Jarl role for the Pale post civil war / Imperials.

Temporary Solution:  Patch until next version -

Update:  Verified v0.98e Brina acts exactly like Skald (but unvoiced dialogue for now) and yields note like a Steward does.  Tested by changing Brina's JobJarlFaction (00050920) rank from -1 to 0 with FactionSpy.  Need verification Faction applied post civil-war storyline (Imperial) for real.

Problem v0.98d (LE/SSE) Viera Mero (and possibly other Captives) had no initial dialogue.

Solution:  Discovered missing voice on list; corrected. Patch until v0.98e -

Problem:  (LE/SSE) Deleted navmeshes and ITM reported in ESP

Solution: Cleaning completed - 201 ITM cleared.  Some deleted navmeshes fix problems latent in the Bethesda product and are deliberate.  Will be packaged in next release.

Problem: v0.98 (LE) - Reported / confirmed brownface bug on Sorli.

Solution:  Mesh regenerated.  Convert to SSE and packaged in next release.image.png

Update:  Also mesh issue on Breya and Seguri (regenerated both).

05APR22

Problem v0.98d (LE/SSE) Camp proximity trigger failing to reliably fire; leaves Quest status in strategic instead of transition to tactical.

Solution:  Found missing variable update from Captive release sequence.  Available in v0.98e.

Problem v0.98d (LE/SSE) Captives, despite the restraint defensive effect, are being killed by bandits.

Solution:  Changed Faction relationship and altered AI Package application for Captives to RefAlias.  Available in v0.98e.

09APR22

Problem: v0.98d (LE/SSE) Users report completely unrelated items added to inventory (including Quest items) disappearing immediately.

Solution:  Filtered Steward report script to only affect the reports.

11APR22

Problem: v0.98d (LE) Users report system behavior consistent with camp proximity triggers not working.

Solution:  Corrected with v0.98e.

13APR22

• Problem: v0.98e (LE/SSE) Users report nothing happens after subjugating the first Captive.
  • Solution:  Don't subjugate the first Captive.  Will be prevented in v0.98f.

17APR22

• Problem: v0.98e (SSE/AE) Users report CTD upon loading a cell with Captives.
  • Solution:  SSE/AE users only, apply this mesh-only patch file to correct the mesh errors that were causing CTD / corrected in v0.98f.
  •  

20APR22

• Problem: v0.98e (LE/SSE/AE) Users report the Quest journal blanking after talking to a steward.
  • Solution:  Check truth with diagnostic pack / corrected in v0.98f.
  • Spoiler
    • Diagnostic pack here for those having Quest journal issues.  This inserts several MessageBox debugs at key points, plus there's an on demand script you can run that will show you exactly what is either the unknown list of camps, or the known list, depending on how you set a certain variable.  The Quest that starts the script is self stopping and automatically resets.
    • To show the hidden list, console: "StartQuest SBCRecovery"

Edited by Blackbird Wanderer

So glad to see this back.  :)  I saw it last night but was starting to get loopy from painkillers (had a tooth extracted yesterday) so I wasn't able to start playing it until today.  One thing to note, I don't  have KS Hairdos currently, I think I changed to the HDT version.  The one captive I've release so far had purple hair instead of being bald.  I'll go find the hair mod and install it, that should give the proper color.  

Quick request, could you list the files that were invisible so I can just fix them instead of installing the new version?  :D  Though its working fine for me, so maybe it is a moot problem in my case.

7 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Yikes -- there were 372 of them!  All the PEX files + 1 ESP.  The game recognizes them fine, they just don't display to the human.

Hah nevermind then.  I just downloaded 98a anyway, I'm crashing during the conversation with G.G. at the B.C., so I'm checking to see if the corrected version fixes it.  I'm on LE btw.

Edit: Nope, still crashing, right as he tells me who I need to talk to.  "The leaders are..."    This is the first mod using the synth voice thing that I've used, I don't know if that matters.  All convos up to this point have been fine.

Edited by Naps-On-Dirt
42 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Hah nevermind then.  I just downloaded 98a anyway, I'm crashing during the conversation with G.G. at the B.C., so I'm checking to see if the corrected version fixes it.  I'm on LE btw.

Troubleshooting that one now; saw it yesterday, but thought it resolved.  Maybe the files with the fix weren't packaged in yesterday's great shuffle.

Just finished an end-to-end runthrough from a clean save to finishing the second Quest and rescuing one of the next two Captives placed.  No issues.  Will package up the exact files used and make them available.  Thanks for the info!

44 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Edit: Nope, still crashing, right as he tells me who I need to talk to.  "The leaders are..."    This is the first mod using the synth voice thing that I've used, I don't know if that matters.  All convos up to this point have been fine.

There is a way to get it to work, the moment he starts the line, end the convo, and the quest will update.

28 minutes ago, Wolfshrike said:

Running 0.98a on SSE, gonna try and dig up the logs.

Starting to wonder about the mesh/texture conversions to SSE.  May try a fresh build/convert again.

34 minutes ago, DeathLoop36 said:

Game runs fine Installed fine but cannot find note to start. Been to Riverwood trader and Belathor's

LE v.98a

The notes are placed by script.  Do you get the User Agree screen at the beginning with "Proceed, adventurer!" shortly after?  If you do then scripts are running and there's something else going on.

Also getting a crash on approach to the first bandit camp with a captive i'm directed to for the quest, netscriptframework gives

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleEyesHumanGrey`)
  [  46]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)
}

On both occasions

FemaleEyesHumanGrey looks a fairly common eye colour for captives assuming i'm reading SSEdit correctly

This is for Sexy Bandit Captives Re-Introduced v0.98a SSE

Crash_2022_4_2_22-18-28.txtCrash_2022_4_2_22-27-28.txt

59 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Except for two of the Captives, they're all built with vanilla assets.  I can't understand why it would throw this error.

Did you remember to sacrifice a goat and intone the proper invocations to Baal and Todd when you uploaded the mod? 

1 hour ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Except for two of the Captives, they're all built with vanilla assets.  I can't understand why it would throw this error.

Its the facegen data i believe, after seeing your previous comment i tried running it though CAO which then gave me another crash with

Possible relevant objects (3)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleBrowsHuman01`)
  [  22]    NiNode(Name: `RuinsChest_Bottom`)
}

Searched in SSEdit for the NPC's with FemaleBrowsHuman01 and rebuilt the facegen data for those and it let me into the camp, then had another crash with

Possible relevant objects (3)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleEyesHumanDemon`)
  [  20]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleBrowsHuman01`)
}

Rebuilt the facegen data for those two and then i was able to proceed through the cut scene with them

So i'd suggest the facegen data needs re doing in the SE creation kit for all the NPC's

On a completely unrelated note, the SE version doesn't seem to be recognising the SE version of Paradise halls looking at the MCM or More Bandit Camps, have SE versions of both installed

SexyBanditCaptivesMCM.jpg.7af94f941e2fa0d9613b4a2e126d1664.jpg

Edited by pinky6225
29 minutes ago, Wolfshrike said:

Did you remember to sacrifice a goat and intone the proper invocations to Baal and Todd when you uploaded the mod? 

Apparently, I did not.  Dang! :classic_tongue:

20 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

So i'd suggest the facegen data needs re doing in the SE creation kit for all the NPC's

Agree.  I'm going to do another conversion sequence on all the meshes, textures, and animations.  SSE is pretty finicky!

22 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

On a completely unrelated note, the SE version doesn't seem to be recognising the SE version of Paradise halls looking at the MCM or More Bandit Camps, have SE versions of both installed

Someone else reported this as well, and checking the filename, it makes no sense because it's an exact match.  Will follow up on this too.

The mod looks promising ! However Falion refuses to leave his house, so I can't proceed with Vianna, any idea about that ?

Also, I don't know if you have the possibilty, but do you think you'll be able to integrate the hair from KS Hairdos without requiring KS itself ? It's a bit annoying to have to download such a heavy mod just so the captives have better hair, but then it's a thing with author's right ig

Still, I hope everything will turn out fine, and gl for the continuation !

49 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Yeah I forgot to mention that its not seeing that I have EFF installed, as well as More Bandit Camps or Schlongs of Skyrim. 

Was that SE or LE?  In LE it recognized EFF and SOS for me, but not PAHE (I no longer use MBC, been busy building better ones ?)?

We don't know why its not recognizing PAHE because the file names are correct in what is is looking for so it should be, but it ain't. 

9 minutes ago, TT. said:

Also, I don't know if you have the possibilty, but do you think you'll be able to integrate the hair from KS Hairdos without requiring KS itself ?

That was considered, but for the users who do have it that would mean their system load the assets used twice.

SBC doesn't require KSHair to be checked in.  Just present on the drive.  If the permissions allow, I could tailor a package that has just the assets used.

18 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Was that SE or LE?  In LE it recognized EFF and SOS for me, but not PAHE (I no longer use MBC, been busy building better ones ?)?

We don't know why its not recognizing PAHE because the file names are correct in what is is looking for so it should be, but it ain't. 

I'm in LE.  Out of curiosity, what file is it checking for to detect EFF?  EFFcore.esm is obviously very high in the load order, but EFFdialogue.esp loads after SBC.  And my More Bandit Camps filename is morebanditcamps(original-edition).esp, and that is right before SBC in the load order.  So I guess load order is irrelevant.