Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

1 hour ago, travelmedic said:

Quite to the contrary, that "wall of text" was a really good read.  "Deleted navmeshes will cause issues" is just one of those things that I think has been said and repeated so much by people that most of us just accept it as gospel without understanding why, and I would have to include myself in that group.  Yours was the best (and maybe only) explanation I've ever seen that dealt with deleted or altered navmeshes in detail, but still easily understandable.

And this is one of the many reasons @EinarrTheRed is beyond-awesome and gets far too little credit considering the volume of help and expertise he'll so willingly offer up.

main-qimg-fe18f2c2ce83d904096fbc3e8c159201-lq.jpeg

Say, what is the current cutoff point for this mod? The point when nothing new is coming up?

I met the wizard at the academy who freed a captive and gave me a ring. From then on I kept subjugating or freeing captives, but nothing more happened.

6 minutes ago, Libita said:

Say, what is the current cutoff point for this mod? The point when nothing new is coming up?

I met the wizard at the academy who freed a captive and gave me a ring. From then on I kept subjugating or freeing captives, but nothing more happened.

When you clear a camp, two more spawn.  Continues indefinitely like that up to a limit of 10 simultaneously occupied camps and, as mentioned, 91 Captives.  You just reached the end of the linear-ish regular Quests, but there will be more on the way.  That's why this was a WIP release and we're verifying the mechanics of things before moving on with the story/content.

4 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

When you clear a camp, two more spawn.  Continues indefinitely like that up to a limit of 10 simultaneously occupied camps and, as mentioned, 91 Captives.  You just reached the end of the linear-ish regular Quests, but there will be more on the way.  That's why this was a WIP release and we're verifying the mechanics of things before moving on with the story/content.

I got that, and I am totally fine with that approach. It's just that without that information,I can't judge whether or not this is intended behavior. It is, so everything's fine. Thank you (and the people helping you) for your work.

14 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

That's where the main quest currently ends. [...]

Thanks.

3 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Quick update on Bthaft, it was a good catch by @Tako-kun  The edits were from the original mod made by pchs.  While they seemed to work they were messy and more extensive than necessary.  I cleaned them out, recopied the navmesh changes from Dawnguard.esm to just the BthaftExterior01 and 02 cells (no deleted navmeshing now) and then edited just one navmesh (FormID 00F62BA) for the area around the added cage, chair and bedrolls and updated the cover edges.  So now it has a smaller footprint and is cleaner than before.  Blackbird has my update, there are some additional issues with that camp are being looked at and Blackbird will make the final call on what to do with it.

An now I'm gonna go have breakfast for lunch because I was so busy with this I missed breakfast... and then 2nd breakfast! ?

I wondered if it might have been something left over from an earlier version..  Thanks for your quick work, and your wall of text.. much appreciated!

First a little bit of nit-picking.  I decided to tease one of the captives by seeing if she would be willing to try to "persuade" me to free her from her restraints (which was NOT going to work, since she was a former bandit).  The line that I got was something like "shoud I swallow?".  There seems to be an "L" missing from should.

Second, let us commiserate with Lord Sanguine, Daedric Prince of Debauchery.  Sanguine gets such a bad rap in Skyrim.  First, all of these odd devices lying around all over the place, just waiting to restrain, bind, humiliate and arouse unsuspecting young women.  Who gets blamed for those?  Sanguine.

The high priestess of Dibella, Aedric goddess of love gets corrupted with the purely physical pleasures of the acts of love and starts spreading that corruption throughout the entire province of Skyrim.  Who gets blamed for that? Sanguine.

You get yourself into a drinking contest with someone who offers you a magical staff as the prize if you win.  You win, but get so drunk and fall on your ass until you can't remember exactly what happened, except that you had a real good time, and that someone still owes you a magical staff.  After going through a lot of rather embarassing moments you try to retrace your steps, only to find out that a Daedric Prince with a weird sense of humor is behind all of it.  Of course, it is Sanguine once again.

Now, we have these rather odd magical restraints turning up locked onto some rather nubile, attractive and barely clad young ladies who are behaving in a rather unseemly manner, touching themselves rather intimately when not being used for the enjoyment of others.  Now, even the Mazken are saying it is yet again, Uncle Sanguine.

Hence springs forth the idea of an advertising poster for the much maligned Daedric Prince of Debauchery.  Does anyone besides myself remember the old US Army recruiting poster that showed Uncle Sam saying "I want you for the US Army."?

How about a picture of a certain Daedric Prince saying "I want your young, attractive and nubile young women for the Department of Debauchery, Sexual Slave Sluts of Skyrim Squadron."  Possibly also saying "Daedra are a girl's best friend."

Kudos go to a band called Powerwolf, and their song "Demons are a girl's best friend".  You can find it on You Tube.

If anyone wants to create such a poster, please feel free to do so and offer it up to either Blackbird Wanderer, Einarr the Red, or Lover's Lab as advertising material.

In the earlier versions (0.97 and back) I would hit bandit camps if I was nearby if I knew they were a possible target for SBCs.  But with this new version it seems that isn't really a valid tactic because only a few are dispersed at a time.  I had been wondering what would happen if I did attack a bandit camp that had been issued some SBCs but I hadn't yet been told about by inkeepers and stewards.  I accidentally answered my own question when I was defeated and sold into Simple Slavery, which handed me off to Devious Cidhna's "A Dish Served Hot" quest that makes you a bandit prisoner in Lost Knife Cave.   There were two SBCs there so I escaped and came right back in to (kill everyone and) free them.  So thats cool, we can still accidentally find them.  :)

8 hours ago, Ssplayer1ss said:

I talk to the first captive and it takes me to a different place with a blue floating demon and nothing happens after that?

The scene didn't start as expected.  You should be seeing something like this, then an argument:

Spoiler

image.png

What version (v0.98d?) and what platform (LE/SSE/AE?) was this?

Suggest reload and try again. 

20 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I got the ring on AE. AE is really pretty solid for mods now.

Excepting a few things like facegen conversions... Those are fixed in .98d.

\o/  How about the animations?  That was a critical juncture as well for AE.

31 minutes ago, wallmeister22601 said:

With v0.98d I was able to make a trial run and clear out the first camp. :)

Which platform (LE/SSE/AE) did we see this success?!

32 minutes ago, wallmeister22601 said:

The Daedric wisp were a nice surprise and the cinematic scene was awesome.

Glad you liked them.  They were the core inspiration for everything else as the storyline came together.

33 minutes ago, wallmeister22601 said:

A huge Thank You to Blackbird WandererEinarrTheRed and everyone else who is helping or has helped create this mod. :)

It is a team sport, definitely.  None of us could do it alone, and the idea forge is always burning!

29 minutes ago, kalador said:

There seems to be an "L" missing from should.

Excellent feedback.  Just corrected. ?

33 minutes ago, kalador said:

Now, we have these rather odd magical restraints turning up locked onto some rather nubile, attractive and barely clad young ladies who are behaving in a rather unseemly manner, touching themselves rather intimately when not being used for the enjoyment of others.  Now, even the Mazken are saying it is yet again, Uncle Sanguine.

What makes you think Sanguine isn't being unfairly blamed for this too?

35 minutes ago, kalador said:

Now, even the Mazken are saying it is yet again, Uncle Sanguine.

What if they're wrong? ?

17 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

I accidentally answered my own question when I was defeated and sold into Simple Slavery, which handed me off to Devious Cidhna's "A Dish Served Hot" quest that makes you a bandit prisoner in Lost Knife Cave.   There were two SBCs there so I escaped and came right back in to (kill everyone and) free them.  So thats cool, we can still accidentally find them.  :)

Funny!  There's a conditional script procedure, literally named "Stumbled Upon" to handle just this case!  We tried to think of every excursion such as that so the quest chain doesn't break just because the Player wasn't following the script! :classic_biggrin:

AE

Every animation looked perfect, except Dance does not do anything. Are we supposed to have a Dance animation pack?

Oh - and all the girls arms are at about 20 degrees when they are just standing around. They look normal when they walk and run.

I really better look again on .98d... 

OK - my one slut is following with her hands behind her. Looks good. If I tell her to relax, her hands are at her side; kind of masculine, like Lydia.

I would guess her arm angle is no more than 5 degrees.

Take this one off the list. I think it is fine - unless others complain. 

LE. Version C I think (it was last night and I might not have updated yet). After the blind mage gave me the ring rumours sent me to Whiterun but I also stopped in another tavern along the way and got sent to somewhere else. That rumour sent me to an empty camp that I had already cleared ages ago. The girl was just sitting there on her own waiting to be rescued. Perhaps her captors had all gone off somewhere and left her there. Is it possible for the spawn scripts to repopulate locations with bandits if they've already been cleared or check to see if a location is cleared out before assigning prisoners to it?

Secondly I discovered an amusing mod interaction on a different save. If you're playing with Submissive Lola and have the "mistress can be your pimp" option selected in the MCM then you can just ask her for tavern rumours and she acts as if she's an innkeeper in whatever location you're currently standing in. An interesting loophole but it might lead to problems and break quest chains.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. 

Interesting choice of quote. I wonder if there's more to it than the obvious appropriateness. I'm trying to remember if it's Hamlet, Twelfth Night or A Midsummer Night's Dream. It could be pertinent to the whole background situation going on.

Edited by Balgin

I tried 98c yesterday on LE. I read the note, spoke to the innkeeper, got sent to Riften. Spoke to the steward and the quest disappeared from the journal, The steward would just say things like "you know as much as I do". I couldn't figure out how to get it working so I tried 98d today.

Read the note and now the game crashes every time I enter an inn.

The old mod ran fine, does this new version require a stronger system? I don't see anybody else having similar issues, does it require a new game?

I tried placing it lower in the load order but seems there's a conflict with Nethers Follower Framework. Something to do with slots

Only other mod that I use for inns is immersive wenches. Could that be a conflict?

I use Vortex to manage mods.

I uninstalled 98d and I can run around in the bars all night without ctd again. Just confused as to why I can't get this mod running.

18 minutes ago, Balgin said:

I'm trying to remember if it's Hamlet, Twelfth Night or A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Sir Walter Scott, Marmion: A Tale of Flodden Field

All about a guy in Henry the 8th's court (I'm Henry the 8th I am I am...) chasing another guys girl, a wealthy and beautiful lady who is also engaged to be married to some dude so the guy chasing the girl gets his mistress (cause Marmion REALLY likes women) to help him frame the girl's fiance for murder and then kills him in a duel... but then the girl ends up in a convent rather than end up with the sleezebag.  Simplicity itself. ?

Don't even get me started on Robbie Burns ?

Did you ever notice that if you do the Bard's College quest and talk to the priest Roland during the burning of King Olaf, he'll comment he thinks Sanguine would be pleased with the festival? ?

1 hour ago, Limey77777 said:

I tried 98c yesterday on LE. I read the note, spoke to the innkeeper, got sent to Riften. Spoke to the steward and the quest disappeared from the journal, The steward would just say things like "you know as much as I do". I couldn't figure out how to get it working so I tried 98d today.

Read the note and now the game crashes every time I enter an inn.

The old mod ran fine, does this new version require a stronger system? I don't see anybody else having similar issues, does it require a new game?

I tried placing it lower in the load order but seems there's a conflict with Nethers Follower Framework. Something to do with slots

Only other mod that I use for inns is immersive wenches. Could that be a conflict?

I use Vortex to manage mods.

I uninstalled 98d and I can run around in the bars all night without ctd again. Just confused as to why I can't get this mod running.

I was the only one reporting that problem with the Falkreath steward, getting a quest but not being told where it was.  The solution that I found was just getting close to any bandit camps, and then the message would pop up that I had found the location that I was looking for.

Nether's Follower Framework has to be at the bottom of your load order, below any mod that might add a follower, or it will not work correctly.

What version of KS hairs do you have installed?  Immersive Wenches requires 1.5, but the current version is 1.8.  That could be the problem with CTD upon entering an inn, or any area that has a traveling wench, or any wenches from the other mods in that group.

I use Vortex to manage my mods as well, and I am somewhat less than totally satisfied with it.  It likes to adjust my load order without telling me, including adjusting mods that have been locked into a certain place in my load order, which results in mod conflicts.  I consider Vortex to be the Idi Amin Dada of mod managers, and am seriously considering switching to Mod Organizer 2.

4 minutes ago, HomeScreen503 said:

Are there elements for the PC being captured, or is this mod more focused on interacting/controlling the other captives themselves?

Gave it a test play, saved one captive, but wasn't getting any new quests even after a while.

This mod is about interacting with women who have been captured and enslaved rather than the player being enslaved.

After saving the first captive, the quest line follows freeing the captive from the magical restraints.  To find other captives, you need to ask innkeepers about disappearances until you come across one that mentions a case like that in a specific hold, then go to that hold and talk to the jarl or steward of that hold and find out what camp this sighting is supposed to be in. 

22 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Yeah, no, Robbie Burns is a whole other category.

Well they were both Scotsmen.

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

Or how about...

Here's a bottle and an honest friend!
What wad ye wish for mair, man?
Wha kens, before his life may end,
What his share may be o' care, man?

Course since its SBC who could forget Poe.

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;- vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow- sorrow for the lost Lenore-
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
Nameless here for evermore.

So has anyone found Lenore yet? ?

22 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

reread the intro looks like more bandit camp still recommended and that sbc adds 4 additional camps.

Seven actually... and counting.

11 minutes ago, HomeScreen503 said:

Are there elements for the PC being captured, or is this mod more focused on interacting/controlling the other captives themselves?

Gave it a test play, saved one captive, but wasn't getting any new quests even after a while.

Focuses on the captives, there's no player captive aspect to this.  To get new radiant quest you need to go talk to an innkeeper.