Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gudulba said:

As this very promising looking mod is labeled "WIP", should I install it right now? Or is there a 1.0 version around the corner? 🙂

Thanks for asking.  Newer version coming out hopefully in the next several weeks following some significant updates to the code and functionality (that are taking longer than expected).  Should be completely converted to HPH and have all lines voiced by then as well.

On 4/10/2024 at 9:29 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Thanks for asking.  Newer version coming out hopefully in the next several weeks following some significant updates to the code and functionality (that are taking longer than expected).  Should be completely converted to HPH and have all lines voiced by then as well.

Looking forward to it! Appreciate all your hard work so far.

I've managed to break something. The "Ask and inn keeper" bit is stuck going to Fallkreath but the steward has no more quests. The captives that are already in bandit camps can't be released. If I attempt release the captive gets stuck dancing and the game hangs up . Can't get out of the release animation.

Is there maybe a way to reset the mod. It was great playing up this far. Can't wait to find out what those succubus are up to.

SE with 098g Patch 5

Edited by Leela2076
7 hours ago, Leela2076 said:

Is there maybe a way to reset the mod.

Try console "StartQuest SBCRecovery"

That will run a couple of different things and should at least tell you (messagebox display) where you need to go, even if it doesn't break things loose with the innkeeper dialogue.  No idea why that happens.

7 hours ago, Leela2076 said:

Can't wait to find out what those succubus are up to.

Unfortunately there's no more story developed yet beyond storyboarding for that plot line -- but it's coming.  It's been stalled while fixing some mechanics issues and pursuing the never ending slog of voicing lines.

I'd already tried the SBCRecovery quest. That's doesn't seem to do anything. But I noticed the quests were missing from the Quest Tracker too. I tried the missing quests fix mod and at least now I have a clue where it went off the rails. I have the "Seek an inkeeper" quest (Still sends me to Falkreath and still nothing from the steward). Then two rescues. "Proceed to Winter War"and "Proceed to Pinefrost Haven." I think Pine frost camp is where it went off the rails. When I went there the quest never acknowledged I'd arrived and announced who needed rescuing. Quest marker is still hanging in mid air. That's when the stweards stopped sending me on rescues.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Leela2076

Forgot we had talked about a problem with the MCM. Paradise Halls was showing up unchecked, and you stated that's a known issue, but "more bandit camps" showing up unchecked was something new and we had to do something to solve it. Do you recall what the change was?

-edit-

Nevermind! Found it

>>>>>4. Your mod isn't picking up Paradise Halls or More Bandit Camps on the Information tab.

Paradise Halls detection is a known issue with little impact and an unknown cause.  Don't worry about it.

However, 99.9% sure MBC in your game isn't being detected because of its filename.  The MBC author opted to name the LE and SE versions of the mod differently.  Not to worry; SBC comes packaged with a user-editable JSON file:  SKSE\Plugins\SexyBanditCaptives.json

Open that file with a text editor and the 3rd line down has the pairing of the variable name used by SBC and the actual filename.  Change the MBC entry in the column on the right to whatever your actual MBC filename is.  Save and that should solve your MBC detection issue.  The mod will immediately turn on those markers and start to use those camps in the random selection.

Edited by keitel66
answered my own question