SexLab Framework Development

Brings the homophobes some peace of mind and keeps your dragonborn from being strap-on fucked accidentally when propositionng some chick. I don't see any issue with it, even if I'm not going to use it (I have a healthier paranoia about typos causing animations I actually want to see getting excuded than I have a paranoia about plastic peckers that's a hotkey away from avoiding). More options is always better than less options.

As ashal says, it's rather the mod's author responsibility. I see it this way: More options, more possibilities for more problems and more mod conflicts/troubleshooting. As for me, if I don't like some animation, I use "0" hot key or disable same sex animation and voila. :)

I am wondering if

if Thread.ActorCount > 1 && Config.ScaleActors ; FIXME: || IsCreature?

from the sslActorAlias is the cause of some of the creature scaling problems.

Edit:

From my papyrus log:

[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - Checking Creature Filter: []
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - Selecting new creature animations - []
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0]  - Creature Genders: [0, 1, 1, 0]
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - Found Animations - [(Chaurus) Forward] [(Chaurus) Reverse]
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Adjustment Profile - BretonRaceF.ChaurusRaceC
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Hentai Chaurus]  - display/base/animscale = 0.650000/0.650000/1.538462
[07/08/2015 - 06:33:27PM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Amiella Outfit Merchant]  - display/base/animscale = 0.950000/0.950000/1.052632

function PrepareActor()
        ; Remove any unwanted combat effects
        ClearEffects()
        ; Starting Information
        LoadShares()
        GetPosition()
        ; Calculate scales
        float display = ActorRef.GetScale()
        ActorRef.SetScale(1.0)
        float base = ActorRef.GetScale()
        ActorScale = ( display / base )
        AnimScale  = ActorScale
        ActorRef.SetScale(ActorScale)
        if Thread.ActorCount > 1 && Config.ScaleActors ; FIXME: || IsCreature?
            AnimScale = (1.0 / base)
        endIf
        Log("display/base/animscale = "+display+"/"+base+"/"+AnimScale)

the AnimScale = (1.0 / base) seems to be causing the scale to be set to 1.538462, (Is that correct? looks way too big) on the Chaurus,

The Chaurus scaling issue is most likely due to the way it was animated. 

For some critters ( Chaurus, Spiders, Canines and even the chickens ) the base skeleton imported into Max is a different scale than the critter you see in game.  It's the same skeleton, but the game scales it either up or down depending on what the need is. ( Big Spider vs Small Spider, etc )

If you don't realize this when you're animating it, you'll animate at whatever it's default size is.  In the case of the Chaurus, the default is a lot bigger than the little buggers running around in the game.  So once the animation starts, the skeleton scales up to match the size it was animated at.  ( A royal pain in the ass to be honest )

The way to alleviate this in Max is to figure out what the game is scaling the skeleton to and scale to match it in Max so your alignments are correct and the animation won't change the scale once running in game. 

I experienced this issue while doing the canine animations.  The dogs are slightly smaller than the wolves and while they utilize the same skeleton, the alignments were off in game if I animated with a dog mesh vs a wolf one and vice versa.  The correct fix would be to build duplicate animations for both the dog and wolf, but scale the wolf skeleton up ( or the dog down ) adjusting alignments as necessary. 

A metric boat load of work for the animator actually since we would have to do double the scenes to cover both scenarios. 

It would be possible to fix the Chaurus and Spider animations, would just have to import them, scale the skeletons down and realign everything, but it's about as much work as it sounds like :D

Brings the homophobes some peace of mind and keeps your dragonborn from being strap-on fucked accidentally when propositionng some chick. I don't see any issue with it, even if I'm not going to use it (I have a healthier paranoia about typos causing animations I actually want to see getting excuded than I have a paranoia about plastic peckers that's a hotkey away from avoiding). More options is always better than less options.

Big rule of thumb for modders:

the first actor in the "Positions" is the passive one, then others are active.

A couple of animations have exceptions (there was one in NSAP), but in this case it is difficult to handle.

Usually in my mod I do extensive checking of the sex of the participants and what I want to play, and then set the positions accordingly (BTW, I never use "StartSex()" or "QuickStart()", I always use SexLab Threads to have maximum control.

The only item that makes me mad are the "solo" animations. in this case is extremely hard to avoid a male dragonborn to masturbate like a girl, or a female dragonborn to masturbate screwing a strapon.

For these animations I always get them by ID.

Ashal,

This is in regard to 2 specific animations. The breastfeeding animations.

In 1.60 it appears they have been renamed. I wrote JUGs specifically for these animations and early on I went through a renaming when rydin renamed them for ease of maintenance.

If I have to go through JUGs and edit all of the calls (I'm retrieving the animations by name) to adjust for 1.60, then it will no longer work for 1.59c.

Is it possible to:

Keep the names the same as what's working in 1.59c?

zjbreastfeeding is the lesbian animation and works in 1.59c as "3j Lesbian Breastfeeding"

zjbreastfeedingVar is the straight animation and works in 1.59c as "3j Straight Breastfeeding"

In 1.60 these have been renamed to "3jiou Breast Feeding" and  "3jiou Breast Feeding Variant" respectively.

ALSO.... since these are the only 2 breastfeeding animations, making them a bit unique, is it possible to give them a breastfeeding tag?

If 3jiou Breast Feeding has both the FF tag and a breastfeeding tag, Then it could be called by tag

If 3jiou Breast Feeding Variant has MF tag and a Breastfeeding tag, it would also be retrievable by tag.

IDEALLY, I'd like to see the names kept as they are working in 1.59c, but I understand about progress and all that. However I won't be able to maintain JUGs for 2 versions of SexLab. And as far as I can tell right now, the naming is the only thing that will prevent it working for both SexLab versions (JUGs is written very simply)

I'll live with whatever happens going forward. And I know I'm probably the only one writing specifically FOR those animations, but I'd appreciate at least considering this .... even if you have to just say, "Sorry, ChaJaPa. Get ready to edit."

:D

Ashal,

In 1.60 it appears they have been renamed. I wrote JUGs specifically for these animations and early on I went through a renaming when rydin renamed them for ease of maintenance.

If I have to go through JUGs and edit all of the calls (I'm retrieving the animations by name) to adjust for 1.60, then it will no longer work for 1.59c.

Is it possible to:

zjbreastfeeding is the lesbian animation and works in 1.59c as "3j Lesbian Breastfeeding"

zjbreastfeedingVar is the straight animation and works in 1.59c as "3j Straight Breastfeeding"

In 1.60 these have been renamed to "3jiou Breast Feeding" and  "3jiou Breast Feeding Variant" respectively.

ALSO.... since these are the only 2 breastfeeding animations, making them a bit unique, is it possible to give them a breastfeeding tag?

If 3jiou Breast Feeding has both the FF tag and a breastfeeding tag, Then it could be called by tag

If 3jiou Breast Feeding Variant has MF tag and a Breastfeeding tag, it would also be retrievable by tag.

IDEALLY, I'd like to see the names kept as they are working in 1.59c, but I understand about progress and all that. However I won't be able to maintain JUGs for 2 versions of SexLab. And as far as I can tell right now, the naming is the only thing that will prevent it working for both SexLab versions (JUGs is written very simply)

I'll live with whatever happens going forward. And I know I'm probably the only one writing specifically FOR those animations, but I'd appreciate at least considering this .... even if you have to just say, "Sorry, ChaJaPa. Get ready to edit."

How are you getting the animations, Chajapa. By ID?

In this case (I do not recommend it), you can get the animation by ID using Rydin's ID and Ashal's ID. Worst case you get two, and then Sexlab will play one.

I recommend to get the animations by tag.

In case tags from Rydin and from Ashal are different, then "Huston we have a problem".

Ashal,

Is it possible to:

In this case (I do not recommend it), you can get the animation by ID using Rydin's ID and Ashal's ID. Worst case you get two, and then Sexlab will play one.

In case tags from Rydin and from Ashal are different, then "Huston we have a problem".

I'm pulling them by name, like this:

actor[] sexActors = new actor[2]
sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sexActors[1] = Game.GetPlayer()
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims = new sslBaseAnimation[1]
anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3J Straight Breastfeeding")
SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, anims)

I can't pull by tag because there's no breastfeeding tag, 

I'm manually setting the sexActors[0] and [1] because there are several scenarios:

MalePC milking a female

Male NPC milking on of the MalePC's followers (or other member of JUGs)

FemalePC being milked by Male NPC

FemalePC being milked by Female NPC

FemalePC milking a Female NPC

So I have akSpeaker, the PLayer, and an alias that holds a specific Female NPC (and can be changed to a different one through dialogue).

So various combinations of 3 different participant types.

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sslBaseAnimation[] anims

I'm manually setting the sexActors[0] and [1] because there are several scenarios:

MalePC milking a female

So I have akSpeaker, the PLayer, and an alias that holds a specific Female NPC (and can be changed to a different one through dialogue).

It is a shame that the "Breastfeeding" tag does not exists.

Ok, to get your animations (updated for last version of NSAP and SexLab 1.60b1 (it will work of course also with Sexlab 1.59c):

Actor Property PlayerRef Auto

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sexActors[1] = PlayerRef
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3J Straight Breastfeeding") ; "NSAP one"
if !anims[0]
  anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3jiou Breast Feeding") ; "Sexlab 1.60b1 one"
  if !anims[0]
    anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3jiou Breast Feeding Variant") ; "Sexlab 1.60b1 variant one"
    if !anims[0]
      Debug.MessageBox("No breastfeeding animations are available.\nInstall NSAP or SexLab 1.60")
      return ; "Fail without crashing"
    endIf
  endIf
endIf

And, I repeat, it is a shame that there is no Breastfeeding tag.

We have Boobjob, and Footjob. Why not Breastfeeding that is not one of these?

K.R.,

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sslBaseAnimation[] anims

MalePC milking a female

It is a shame that the "Breastfeeding" tag does not exists.

Ok, to get your animations (updated for last version of NSAP and SexLab 1.60b1 (it will work of course also with Sexlab 1.59c):

Actor Property PlayerRef Auto

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sexActors[1] = PlayerRef
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3J Straight Breastfeeding") ; "NSAP one"
if !anims[0]
  anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3jiou Breast Feeding") ; "Sexlab 1.60b1 one"
  if !anims[0]
    anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("3jiou Breast Feeding Variant") ; "Sexlab 1.60b1 variant one"
    if !anims[0]
      Debug.MessageBox("No breastfeeding animations are available.\nInstall NSAP or SexLab 1.60")
      return ; "Fail without crashing"
    endIf
  endIf
endIf

And, I repeat, it is a shame that there is no Breastfeeding tag.

We have Boobjob, and Footjob. Why not Breastfeeding that is not one of these?

K.R.,

Thanks for this. I can see where I would edit once and still be able to have it working in 1.59c and also in 1.60.

I'd have to adjust your example though. Can't have it pulling a FF animation when it is MF actors :)

But the example is perfect as it shows me what needs to be done.

Now, about those tags..... :D

hey i have a little problem..

i use sexlab beta and sexlab tools 

its only look like this when i use matchmaker for sexlab but they still normal when i use ss tools or next animation is comming it look likes on the picture it looks little bit funny :D 

when my char is naked i dont have problems 

maybe someone know whats wrong?

post-547834-0-56676200-1436449997_thumb.jpg

Some alignments for acts pretty much align themselves,

But (in 1.59c) the breastfeeding ones never quite lined up for me.

O, well, if I spent fifteen minutes getting vertical, then horizontal, then changing channels and doing it again.

But that wasn't very immersive, and in 1.60+ I just leave them off.

Now comes an animation forced on me by the AI, such that when two women are together,

one stands there passively (in the first stage), while the other kisses the air just above the first one's head.

I'm never really sure what she's supposed to be doing, kissing the first one's forehead??

The second stage is pretty self explanatory, and I won't mention that a slick-vinyl miniskirt Peaches wears

never gets removed, because I'm sure, in the official clothing book, it isn't counted as clothing (That's my best guess),

and the dress needs to be in some slot.

That's the only reason generally why I turn off most of the selections, because of the alignments.

Peaches is "setscale 0.94" with everyone else being 1.0 or taller.

I wouldn't presume to suggest, only guess at possible solutions:

a forum thread with sexlab alignment attachments;

a sexlab-act from a modder with subtle but distinct targets a user could aim for.

a less-curved strap-on (OK that one is only for the calyps version).

Did I have a question? No, I'm only expressing thoughts. Thanks for your time.

have a issue where when i manualy advance the stage my charcter starts doing the falling animation.

did more exprementing and it only happens when i manualy advance the stage with the space button. ill play around more and see if switching the button might stop it.

have a issue where when i manualy advance the stage my charcter starts doing the falling animation.

did more exprementing and it only happens when i manualy advance the stage with the space button. ill play around more and see if switching the button might stop it.

For a workaround, you could just assign the skip hotkey to another key. 

For a workaround, you could just assign the skip hotkey to another key. 

thats what im trying next. im in process of weining mods.

Ashal,

Is it possible to:

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sslBaseAnimation[] anims

MalePC milking a female

Don't search by name, search by registry. Registry keys were purposefully kept the same between NSAP and SexLab to avoid the animations being registered twice.

sslBaseAnimation Anims = new sslBaseAnimation[2]
Anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry("zjBreastFeeding")
Anims[1] = SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry("zjBreastFeedingVar")
And I've added a "Breastfeeding" tag to both now, as well as a "Breast" tag that is also applied to boob job and other breast focused animations.

Don't search by name, search by registry. Registry keys were purposefully kept the same between NSAP and SexLab to avoid the animations being registered twice.

And I've added a "Breastfeeding" tag to both now, as well as a "Breast" tag that is also applied to boob job and other breast focused animations.

You're the man, Ashal.

quest ms06 ("wolf queen awakened") is very unrelated to your mod I know, so it's impossible to affect it, I thought.

But damned if it can't be run even using a mod called "potema and grimsever fix".

Clothes mods crash that quest so nothing surprises me.

More important, maybe to you, is that the SD+ mod works great except when someone wants sex.

They'll run up to peaches, do a little pee pee dance, and walk off.

I blamed "sc07 random attack", or maybe some mod eventually ate your mod.

I mention all this being totally ignorant of what it could be, kind of like relating a crime to Sherlock Holmes.

wait, I have a log (I do) but do you really want to see it?

This is either general and all-encompassing, or my game is farked and I wasted your time, in which case I apologize in advance.

Ashal,

Is it possible to:

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sslBaseAnimation[] anims

MalePC milking a female

sslBaseAnimation Anims = new sslBaseAnimation[2]
Anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry("zjBreastFeeding")
Anims[1] = SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry("zjBreastFeedingVar")

I get an error when compiling this into a script fragment telling me that SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry is not a function or does not exist.

Is GetAnimationByRegistry new for 1.60?

Exact Error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "JUGs_SGO__0301ADED"...
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\JUGs_SGO__0301ADED.psc(14,18): GetAnimationByRegistry is not a function or does not exist
No output generated for JUGs_SGO__0301ADED, compilation failed.

Here is the source:

sexActors[0] = akSpeaker
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry("zjBreastFeeding")
If I use:
SexLab.GetAnimationByName, it compiles and works just fine

Don't search by name, search by registry. 

I get an error when compiling this into a script fragment telling me that SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry is not a function or does not exist.

This function is not exposed by SexLab 1.59c.

But you can use it in this way in version 1.59c:

Quest SexLabQuestAnimations = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x639DF, "SexLab.esm") as Quest
AnimSlots = SexLabQuestAnimations as sslAnimationSlots
anim[0] = AnimSlots.GetbyRegistrar("id of the anim")

Don't search by name, search by registry.

This function is not exposed by SexLab 1.59c.

But you can use it in this way in version 1.59c:

Quest SexLabQuestAnimations = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x639DF, "SexLab.esm") as Quest
AnimSlots = SexLabQuestAnimations as sslAnimationSlots
anim[0] = AnimSlots.GetbyRegistrar("id of the anim")

No need to get the form and cast, and the form id has changed between versions to boot.

Most straight forward way would be to just get it from the SexLabFramework AnimSlots property since most scripts are already going to have that set and it'll never change.

anim[0] = SexLab.AnimSlots.GetbyRegistrar("registry id")

or if you dont have or dont want to set a property in the script for whatever reason, you can always get it through the SexLabUtil global functions as well.

anim[0] = SexLabUtil.GetAPI().AnimSlots.GetbyRegistrar("registry id")

I generally don't endorse accessing functions outside of the main API frameworks like this, as I'm prone to changing them from time to time, but GetByRegistrar() is fundamental enough that the likelihood of it ever changing and breaking backwards comparability is practically non-existent, and it was rather dumb of me to not include it in the API pre-1.60 to begin with.

Is there a function (or console command) that I can use to find out exactly how many animations I have registered?

I mean, without having to go through the menus and count them, because I'm too damn lazy. :)

enable debug mode from the sexlab mcm and reset the animation registry. During the reset/install of all the animations, open the console and look at the lines it outputs. You'll see lines that say "Animations[X]" and some other stuff, the line with the highest number, + 1 since it starts at 0, is your animation count. For default SexLab with no mods adding animations, this number should be 110.

Impossible to tell you anything without seeing your debug log from a play session where it occurs, this would list the exact errors that prevented SexLab from disabling jumping for whatever reason.

Hello,

I am moving from SL1.60A3 to 1.60B1 and everithing is ok. I install it, it updates itself and then I re-register all animations from other mods correctly.

Then, after any sex scene, if I try to save the game, it CTD.

I've tried and this also happens with a new game (same MOD configuration).

If I enable only SexLab mod, it does not happen.

I post the list of my MODs, in case there is an already known incompatibility. Otherwise, I can also post the papyrus.log...

Hope that someone can help me...

Thanks,

JD

EDIT: I've checked and it seems that this happens only after I have registered ZaZ animations. If I do not register Zaz animations everithing is ok. Soon after registration starts the CTD during save after sex. I have Zaz Animation 6.07 and FNIS 5... Is there any suggestion?

EDIT2: I've also added the papyrus.0.log. The last lines are relevant to Zaz... even if this do not indicates too much. Hope it helps...

EDIT3: ok. it is not linked with registration of Zaz. It crashes Always after 1st sex. No clue about the reason. It seems that it is an incompatibility with some MOD but do not know... Tried disabling Being Female... Nothing. Tried disabling squirting... No. I'm currently continuing tests. Let you know if I discover something.

plugins.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Only thing I have noticed is the actors standing there in each other. Which is bizarre. Also it happens with certain settings checked within SexLab, itself. Thought to point that out. I'd like to say one of them is foreplay. Nothing happens except them standing in each other and then it goes to the actual sexual scene. I have had some issues with some sexual scenes. As any beta, it isn't 100% fool proof. So hope to see this out of beta as soon as possible!