Thought I had the same issue as adellanuki so I redownloaded everything earlier today. It looked like it persisted with some families looking like they were still missing clothes on the manage households window, but after popping into CAS things appeared normally on them. One thing I wasn't able to figure out is that a small handful of sims (Bert Alto, Alfonso Alto, Nick Alto, and Eddie Renalin) have solid black bodies. My game and mods are all up to date, so I not sure what's going on there. Thought I could fix it by adding a skin detail overlay but it doesn't work. Everything else is totally fine, it's just these four dudes seemingly have no skin.

hm.jpg

2 hours ago, cryptophage said:

Thought I had the same issue as adellanuki so I redownloaded everything earlier today. It looked like it persisted with some families looking like they were still missing clothes on the manage households window, but after popping into CAS things appeared normally on them. One thing I wasn't able to figure out is that a small handful of sims (Bert Alto, Alfonso Alto, Nick Alto, and Eddie Renalin) have solid black bodies. My game and mods are all up to date, so I not sure what's going on there. Thought I could fix it by adding a skin detail overlay but it doesn't work. Everything else is totally fine, it's just these four dudes seemingly have no skin.

hm.jpg

That's a preset issue, you only need "obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD"  delete the one without the UPD in the end.

Which is not in the folder we uploaded here.

Edited by j27f1981
1 hour ago, j27f1981 said:

That's a preset issue, you only need "obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD"  delete the one without the UPD in the end.

Which is not in the folder we uploaded here.

Thanks so much! Everything's perfect now. Thanks for the hard work on such a great save :)

On 7/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, cryptophage said:

It looked like it persisted with some families looking like they were still missing clothes on the manage households window

Thumbnails will not update unless you delete "localthumbcache.package" in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

I've been getting some weird glitches and I was able to narrow at least one of them down to NPCC.

So I just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone using it.

The glitches I'm getting are that sims will reset themselves randomly during some interactions. At first I thought it was just autonomous romance interactions, but then I got it when one of my sims was giving their dog a bath. Checked the exception and here's the summary:

• Last Module Called: npcc_injector.py
  • Last Function Called: _inject
  • Error message: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: npcc_inject_BaseLootOperation_resolve_participants() takes 5 positional arguments but 6 were given), CategoryID: npcc_injector:8

I am by no means an expert in this. I don't even understand what most of this says. But the fact that NPCC is there and repeated a bunch of times in the Full Error, I can say I'm pretty certain that mod is the cause.

4 minutes ago, mrrakkonn said:

@Faolon Have you updated to the latest patch? Pretty much all mods broke, you can't really use the save at the moment with the newest patch, everyone will have to wait. 

Most mods are updated. I figured I'd make a post on this specific one because the last time NPCC got an update was early 2021. So I don't know if the mod author is still working on it or not.

Edit: The only mods I need updated that I'm still using atm are SirSleepy's Big Dick Problems and Scumbobo's XML injector, but neither is causing any gameplay issues. Any other mod was removed.

Edited by Faolon
8 minutes ago, Faolon said:

Most mods are updated. I figured I'd make a post on this specific one because the last time NPCC got an update was early 2021. So I don't know if the mod author is still working on it or not.

Nah NPCC was updated earlier this year. But it's confirmed broken again with this patch and no word from the creator yet. 

Anyway, error reports at this moment from mods that are confirmed to be broken is somewhat pointless and it's not something anyone here can do anything with. Everyone just needs to wait, or choose mods to not use. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
1 hour ago, toxicsw said:

Any other option to download the CCs required without using torrent? Couldnt find alternative links to download them.

We've had several attempts at finding alternative download methods, using different hosting websites. The files would either become corrupt or they would lock people out from downloading them due to a download limit.

We even attempted to host everything here but that lead to like 40 different archives to download.

Torrents are unfortunately our only option for the foreseeable future. We'll let you all know when that changes.

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

We've had several attempts at finding alternative download methods, using different hosting websites. The files would either become corrupt or they would lock people out from downloading them due to a download limit.

We even attempted to host everything here but that lead to like 40 different archives to download.

Torrents are unfortunately our only option for the foreseeable future. We'll let you all know when that changes.

Thanks for replying, i have managed to download the previous version through mega just to see whats there to offer(even though its most likely not going to work), i know not everyone has the premium hence the download limit, it is a shame but i guess torrent is the better option for most people. Appreciate the effort being put to maintain this project and i will be keeping an eye on this place for updates.

First off, this save is amazing. Thank you for your hard work and dedication, it shows. I'm having the same issue as Crypto. I've followed the instructions given to them and deleted the obscurus nose packages except for the obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD one and I also deleted the localthumbcache package. But the some of the sims, Bert Alto, Alfonso Alto, Nick Alto, and Eddie Renalin specifically, still look like they've been dipped in tar. 

Sorry it seems my instruction's were not clear, only delete the one named "obscurus_nose_presets_2m" and keep the one with UPD in the end( obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD') .. leave the other ones alone..

Edited by j27f1981
10 minutes ago, j27f1981 said:

Sorry it seems my instruction's were not clear, only delete the one named "obscurus_nose_presets_2m" and keep the one with UPD in the end( obscurus_nose_presets_2m_UPD') .. leave the other ones alone..

Thanks, much clearer now. 

image.jpeg.1f4b1878322ad41a26da50151cbab2ab.jpeg

Now I'm sure most of you already know about the bug that ages sims when you go into character creation.

Well we got an even better one!

When editing a household, it appears as if I'm making a new sim in character creation. When I exit... every household and NPC in the game disappears!

======

Okay I lied, this isn't good news at all. So mrrakkon, j27f1, and I were talking about all this and development on the save is being put on hold until crazy stuff like this is addressed. However... 

A trivia fact is that the dev save and the one we ultimately upload has been the exact same save since the release of 0.1 mrrakkon's world redux. It's survived several updates and is about 20ish mg of data if what discord says when I send copies of the save to mrrakkon and j27f1 to inspect.

Now this means a lot of things. There's junk data hold overs from previous versions of the save, there's CC that I'm not entirely sure is used by anyone and there's plenty of build objects that are now irrelevant with objects added in expansions. 

There is a concern that even if this bug is fixed, we may need to rebuild the save from the ground up. As I've said we've been working off the same save since the beginning so there's two outcomes that may show up.

1. Things may fix themselves and we'll continue on with the same schedule of an update once or twice a month maybe 3 times on the occasional hotfix.

2. We restart from the beginning which may take a bit but not TOO long as we have have mapped out a lot of NPC relations, careers, skills, ect.

Right now we're in a wait and see situation which means that you are as well. Don't fret though as one of us will update you as soon as we have something worth telling you.

Edited by TriggerBlade
1 hour ago, TriggerBlade said:

Now I'm sure most of you already know about the bug that ages sims when you go into character creation.

Well we got an even better one!

When entering character creation, it appears as if I'm making a new household. When I exit... every household and NPC in the game disappears!

======

Okay I lied, this isn't good news at all. So mrrakkon, j27f1, and I were talking about all this and development on the save is being put on hold until crazy stuff like this is addressed. However... 

A trivia fact is that the dev save and the one we ultimately upload has been the exact same save since the release of 0.1 mrrakkon's world redux. It's survived several updates and is about 20ish mg of data if what discord says when I send copies of the save to mrrakkon and j27f1 to inspect.

Now this means a lot of things. There's junk data hold overs from previous versions of the save, there's CC that I'm not entirely sure is used by anyone and there's plenty of build objects that are now irrelevant with objects added in expansions. 

There is a concern that even if this bug is fixed, we may need to rebuild the save from the ground up. As I've said we've been working off the same save since the beginning so there's two outcomes that may show up.

1. Things may fix themselves and we'll continue on with the same schedule of an update once or twice a month maybe 3 times on the occasional hotfix.

2. We restart from the beginning which may take a bit but not TOO long as we have have mapped out a lot of NPC relations, careers, skills, ect.

Right now we're in a wait and see situation which means that you are as well. Don't fret though as one of us will update you as soon as we have something worth telling you.

Damn that blows, EA really screwed the pooch on this update!

Edited by Krolista
cuz I kan't spel 2 gud