Hi there. I would like to thank you and mrrakkon for your excellent job! This save and those sims give the game a proper meaning! One silly question if I may; Those dance animations sims perform while partying in both trailers of your save, what are they? They're fantastic! Are they ingame or a replacement of some sort, 'cause I can't seem to find them within the CC folder. Sorry, I'm new to the Sims franchise in general. Thanks again :)

On 8/28/2022 at 2:22 AM, Faolon said:

Not a mod. It's the game itself.

IIRC, LittleMsSam has a fix. Apparently its got to do with the sims constantly changing phone colors or something?

https://lms-mods.com/random-bug-fixes/

I assume it's the color change since she added the fix under "Stop Change Phone Color Obsession" fix. I guess when a sim changes their phone's color upon entering a lot, it causes the camera to switch to them or something.

II had the same issue. This worked for me. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, Veepeks said:

Hi there. I would like to thank you and mrrakkon for your excellent job! This save and those sims give the game a proper meaning! One silly question if I may; Those dance animations sims perform while partying in both trailers of your save, what are they? They're fantastic! Are they ingame or a replacement of some sort, 'cause I can't seem to find them within the CC folder. Sorry, I'm new to the Sims franchise in general. Thanks again :)

They're not replacement but animations used with pose function. If you take a look at the last couple of pages of mrrakkon's thread he mentioned specifically the authors if I remember correctly.

28 minutes ago, vinceguldo said:

They're not replacement but animations used with pose function. If you take a look at the last couple of pages of mrrakkon's thread he mentioned specifically the authors if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the information, I'll have a look at what mrrakkon mentioned regarding those poses. I really appreciate it!

2 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

Everything listed, with the exception of fluff mods, has been tested by me and if there's been any errors it hasn't affected my attempts during the rebuild.

Alright Thx I downloaded this save right when that Highschool update came and borked everything but now I can start fresh.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, Faolon said:

Wow... I didn't even know what you were talking about until I tried running the game right now and it wouldn't even boot. Removed that one file and bam, worked fine.

I recently installed this save and my game won't start either. I have a question, and I apologize if I sound like a newbie...how do I get the CC out of the rar.torrent file? I have never seen one of those files. I have read the instructions for the save several times, and I do really know how to install Sims content, I have used it since Sims 2 and have learned ALOT. Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried Googling...and I will keep reading comments here, in case there is an answer somewhere. Thank you, in advance. 

2 hours ago, caligurl4evr said:

I recently installed this save and my game won't start either. I have a question, and I apologize if I sound like a newbie...how do I get the CC out of the rar.torrent file? I have never seen one of those files. I have read the instructions for the save several times, and I do really know how to install Sims content, I have used it since Sims 2 and have learned ALOT. Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried Googling...and I will keep reading comments here, in case there is an answer somewhere. Thank you, in advance. 

A .torrent file needs a client like qbittorrent to run. You will have to download the .rar file with the torrent client (if there are any seeds when you try to download).

On another note: I don't know if I should feel tech savvy or old when I see people not know what a torrent is.

Just a general update. There was an EA bug that made all the base game sims unemployed and forget their neighbors so I'm gonna need to fix that for y'all.

I also found a mod that lets me manually select sims' weather preferences, among other things, so I hope you'll have fun with that bit of character fleshing out.

Edit: Another EA bug messed up werewolves... making none of them actually werewolves and when I turned them into werewolves, the model got all glitched out.

I fixed it, but it was annoying.

Edited by TriggerBlade
On 9/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, Jughandle said:

A .torrent file needs a client like qbittorrent to run. You will have to download the .rar file with the torrent client (if there are any seeds when you try to download).

On another note: I don't know if I should feel tech savvy or old when I see people not know what a torrent is.

Thank you, I do know what a torrent file is, but I had never seen one used in any sims game. I will try to figure it out. Again, thank you for the explanation. 

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what's the situation right now? I haven't played since June, but I followed the forum and this topic in particular, so I was wondering if the latest patch fixed the bugs or the situation is still shaky.. or whatever, before I pick up the save and start playing again.

23 hours ago, vinceguldo said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what's the situation right now? I haven't played since June, but I followed the forum and this topic in particular, so I was wondering if the latest patch fixed the bugs or the situation is still shaky.. or whatever, before I pick up the save and start playing again.

To my knowledge the save is functional on a case by case basis. A lot of issues seemed to have been fixed by EA. Though here's a list of things.

1. The file size as gotten quite large due to ghost data from deleted sims, absent mods, and simply the age of the save. We had been working off one continuous save from day 1.

2. Unused CC. Some hair and accessories aren't really used. I don't have a complete list but Ghost and I are going through everything. I know we have some unused hair bloating up the CC folder that I just want gone.

3. Broken careers. Midnitetech seems to just not be interested in updating their careers. A lot of sims in the current version of the save rely on her careers. We've been replacing them in the new save.

4. Pointless NPCs. Ghost and I are revamping the maxis gallery sims which we believe are more interesting than grabbing random generated sims and touching them up.

5. Mrrakkon is updating some sims so having those updated sims from day 1 makes things easier on my end.

6. Some mods aren't used anymore. Replaced with better, more fleshed out mods.

16 hours ago, Talimancer said:

I can't wait to see what's in version 2.5.

Neither can I :D

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

To my knowledge the save is functional on a case by case basis. A lot of issues seemed to have been fixed by EA. Though here's a list of things.

1. The file size as gotten quite large due to ghost data from deleted sims, absent mods, and simply the age of the save. We had been working off one continuous save from day 1.

2. Unused CC. Some hair and accessories aren't really used. I don't have a complete list but Ghost and I are going through everything. I know we have some unused hair bloating up the CC folder that I just want gone.

3. Broken careers. Midnitetech seems to just not be interested in updating their careers. A lot of sims in the current version of the save rely on her careers. We've been replacing them in the new save.

4. Pointless NPCs. Ghost and I are revamping the maxis gallery sims which we believe are more interesting than grabbing random generated sims and touching them up.

5. Mrrakkon is updating some sims so having those updated sims from day 1 makes things easier on my end.

6. Some mods aren't used anymore. Replaced with better, more fleshed out mods.

Neither can I :D

Ok, cool, that's good news! So it's just stuff that needs to be done but there's no roadblock from EA or whatever. Can't wait to see the next version then. Keep up the good work and thanks to you, mrrkakkon and everybody who is working on this amazing project.  

How are we supposed to download the torrent, when there are no seeders? Never been a fan of torrents, since they're outdated, and unnecessary since there are a lot of free hosting sites like gofile. Not sure if you're allowed to direct people towards off site hosting, but I'd assume it's ok since you can link to your patreon, and people have also linked to mediafire and such as well.

8 hours ago, LumiVoid said:

How are we supposed to download the torrent, when there are no seeders? Never been a fan of torrents, since they're outdated, and unnecessary since there are a lot of free hosting sites like gofile. Not sure if you're allowed to direct people towards off site hosting, but I'd assume it's ok since you can link to your patreon, and people have also linked to mediafire and such as well.

I'm seeding it right now, for unkwown reason from the START search I can never find my bittorrent client, so I often forget to seed, but I do whenever I remember.

14 hours ago, LumiVoid said:

The CC folder is so large and so frequently downloaded that every "free" hosting website* has either put a download limit or have demanded we upgrade to premium.

*We have checked Mega, Mixdrop, Mediafire, Anonfile, GoFile, Workupload, and a few others I'm forgetting but they all asked we pay premium.

Nopy shut down and Google Drive not only blocked downloads, it corrupted our original CC folder and we had to rebuild it.

We did some math and if we split up the CC folder to have downloads off of LoversLab we would have to have you guys download well over 50 files. I mentioned earlier that Ghost and I are trying to figure out ways to shrink things but it's a slow process.

As for lack of seeders? The team can't have our PCs turned on 24/7 but we seed when we can.