9 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

image.jpeg.1f4b1878322ad41a26da50151cbab2ab.jpeg

Now I'm sure most of you already know about the bug that ages sims when you go into character creation.

Well we got an even better one!

When entering character creation, it appears as if I'm making a new household. When I exit... every household and NPC in the game disappears!

======

Okay I lied, this isn't good news at all. So mrrakkon, j27f1, and I were talking about all this and development on the save is being put on hold until crazy stuff like this is addressed. However... 

A trivia fact is that the dev save and the one we ultimately upload has been the exact same save since the release of 0.1 mrrakkon's world redux. It's survived several updates and is about 20ish mg of data if what discord says when I send copies of the save to mrrakkon and j27f1 to inspect.

Now this means a lot of things. There's junk data hold overs from previous versions of the save, there's CC that I'm not entirely sure is used by anyone and there's plenty of build objects that are now irrelevant with objects added in expansions. 

There is a concern that even if this bug is fixed, we may need to rebuild the save from the ground up. As I've said we've been working off the same save since the beginning so there's two outcomes that may show up.

1. Things may fix themselves and we'll continue on with the same schedule of an update once or twice a month maybe 3 times on the occasional hotfix.

2. We restart from the beginning which may take a bit but not TOO long as we have have mapped out a lot of NPC relations, careers, skills, ect.

Right now we're in a wait and see situation which means that you are as well. Don't fret though as one of us will update you as soon as we have something worth telling you.

Was having this bug until i removed every ts4script mod that hasnt been updated yet (except Basemental Gangs, bit confused why that still works)

I also created my character and saved to library before reloading the save and moving them into a home from the library

Edited by Itski

The worst of these bugs seem unrelated to mods. I understand people wanting to help, but really the best that can be done right now is just to wait. 

Everyone expected the updated to nuke mods, and in that regard it's not so bad really, all that needs to be done there is to get the updated versions or discard/replace those that aren't fixed and updated. Nothing too complicated. 

The bigger issue is stuff like the aging bug and all that, some of which probably being a result of how that bug interacts with mods. Here we just have to wait. 

Also, it should be noted, I considered it ineivtable that the save would have to remade from the ground up at a certain point, that's not really a disaster or unexpected, but necessary in order to have something that's kind of stable going forwards. Also, it probably won't be nearly as bad as people imagine to do. 

But in the end, right now, there isn't much to do beyond taking a step back and waiting before doing any work on this. 

So we got some more info on EA addressing the bugs.

I thought we'd give a state of play when it comes to developing the save going forward.

1. Base game Sims and NPCs.

So when this all started I grabbed a bunch of sims from the gallery to act as NPCs and even replace basegame households. This was a mistake for several reasons. Mostly because the ones I got tended to have cheat-like traits artificially added. The townie NPCs also were very generic compared to the NPCs mrrakkon had created in the past. So our solution? @j27f1981 and I will be using official maxis gallery sims to fill NPC roles. With altered appearances to be more in line with mrrakkon's level of quality. Once we run out of those or we find that none fit the role we're looking to fill, I'll probably look into sims from previous games. There are some sims from the handheld games but they haven't been given the proper attention to detail you would expect from us so they won't be in the first release of the rebuild. 

TL;DR NPCs are going to get quality updates in line with the households rather than simply being dumped into the save.

2. Easter Egg Sims.

I'm going to roll back on this one. All but my favorite individual one are going to be removed from the rebuilt version. We may reintroduce them later, but we're going to focus on Maxis sims and mrrakkon's original content.

3. Supernatural

Vampires: mrrakkon and j27f1 don't really know that much about Vampire the Masquerade so they're probably going to go into the bin for right now. They may come back later but the current focus for Vampires will be those already in the game and those on the gallery.

Spellcasters, Werewolves, and Mermaids: I didn't put any characters from other franchises but mrrakkon has no interest in these guys. j27f1 and I are going to be updating the default ones and the Maxis created ones ourselves. They will be kept isolated to their regions for compatibility since Realm of Magic seems rather unpopular. j27f1 and I won't be abandoning support of them though.

4. Homless mrrakkon Sims.

So a lot of these sims were thrown in merged households and not given any backstory and the students weren't given a major on the front page. Most of them will temporarily be thrown into houses with people they know so you can play them. Like Maryam is in the current version of the save, the student sims will most likely be thrown into their parents' households until we can provide an actual home for them.

5. Summertime Saga and other franchises.

mrrakkon has made it very clear publicly and in private discussions that he does not want the save to become filled with characters from other games as that would essentially make it less of "mrrakkon world" and more of just a pop culture save. The easter eggs I got away with in the past were minor enough for him to be okay with as only one was an actual landed household and it was a region we don't plan on expanding for awhile to come. HOWEVER-

j27f and I are giddy with the arrival of high school years expansion and after many discussions we will be uploading what we have made as separate downloads on this page for you to plop into the world. You'll have to set up the relationships yourself but they will have assigned careers, traits, and in some cases NPC roles so relationship set up will be the only thing you'd need to mess with.

Grace, Eve, and Oddette will be staying in the save.(And Tuuku is planned to be part of their social circle) Roxxy, Missy, Becca, and the MC's family are still being discussed on whether they'll remain in the save or be uploaded separately, but we already have Mia and Erik's family ready with plans for more to be made down the line. Some may make it in as NPCs but as mentioned above we are focusing on Maxis sims first and foremost.

TL;DR: Don't expect them in the save, but we will provide you with them as separate downloads hosted on this page.

6. Community Lots.

More discussion has been had and we will continue to convert them into real life businesses. I'm doing research into the real life locations the neighborhoods are based on and will be remodeling and renaming them to fit the locations better.

7. Simlish.

I'm sure some of you have noticed but many of the sims introduced in the most recent version of the save have English text on their clothing. We will be putting an effort into finding Simlish equivalents but we're loosening our stance on it ever so slightly as to have a bit more creative freedom. You may find outfits changing over updates as more Simlish CC becomes available to us.

8. Mod Support

What you see on the front page is pretty much what will be in the rebuild. We are dropping Nisa's mod as while I was fine doing it as sims were introduced, I'm not going to go through 200+ sims worth of virginities a SECOND time. The team also has no interest in its other features such as the prostitution and succubus. Sorry, but you'll just have to deal with the frequent lost virginity messages and moodlets.

9. The name of the save.

It's still going to be called redux. While rebuild may be fitting, it's essentially the same save from your perspective. There will be very minor changes from the player perspective.

That's it for now. Have a good day folks.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the new save. I just got into the sims during the 50% off sale. I actually got the entire mod list working. took a few days to learn how to mod sims 4 . had it all working made a sim started playing foe about an hour then shut it down so I could cook for my mother then came back to it and bam update ruined all that work! So Im super Excited for the new version . Please continue to keep us updated as I think playing in your world will be a lot of fun. Disappointed  the vampire the masquerade stuff will be removed but if you think its best removed then you are probably right. Please let us know when the release is close so i can make time and arrange my responsibility's so i can install it. family will be eating delivery on release day i think!

On 7/31/2022 at 5:20 PM, wotisca said:

Hi, i just want to know what mods you used for the promo video for the animations and stuff, it looks amazing

I assume you mean mostly the dancing animations. Most of those are by SyncD Motion, sadly they've been defunct for close to 2 years or something at this point, and their animations (which are pose packs) are no longer publicly available. You might be able to find them if you search around maybe. There are also several animations by Steven Studios, a still active creator with a Patreon (and who probably locks their content behind early access a bit too long). 

Also keep in mind, because it seems many don't fully realize it, what you see in either of those promo videos are is not normal gameplay, it's completely posed and edited together, it's not sims using cool new dance animation replaces, it's just sims using dance sequences in the form animated pose packs. Those animations as they are would not look good in normal gameplay. 

Edited by mrrakkonn

so I got the game mostly running. lots of bugs but Its still sort of playable. I agree now completely About taking the vampire the masquerade  characters out of the save . it is cool to have the Easter egg like confessions and hang with smiling jack however..... It really is just an Easter egg because as sims they are all way out of character. smiling jack posting about pillow fights on social bunny and Lacroix calling about if i think he should  go on a date. so might as well remove them. got to say im having fun even with all the bugs and cant wait for the sims to get back to working again. im a little worried as many say this is very common to have the game in a bugged out near unplayable mess even more so after new dlc drops.Same thing with the star wars stuff its ridiculous the just act like sims not the star wars characters. so as much as i love vtmb and star wars they just dont  translate well as sims.   

12 hours ago, Harold117 said:

smiling jack posting about pillow fights on social bunny and Lacroix calling about if i think he should  go on a date.

Yeah this very specifically is an issue with the sims. You can lessen it by going into the households and turning off a lot of the life simulation stuff.

Edited by TriggerBlade
17 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Haven't heard anything about the new patch or pack breaking any CC apart from beds. 

Really? strange, I have the same problem as Blackdas77 missing clothes and hairs on some characters. And seems there is a lot bugs regarding aging and unwanted incest relations even in vanilla game from what I read on reddit.

Edited by Scud74

Have you guys looked into using Nexus' collections system for installing your mod? I've seen some relatively small sims 4 collections on there.

I just tried out Nexus' collections for Skyrim SE. Downloaded a biggun. About 20 gbs. Downloaded the collection, followed the instructions, and bam 400 mods working.

I'm asking this without having any knowledge of how it works to put a mod collection up. I don't know if it'll be too much work, or if it'll cost money or anything. I only know that it made modding Skyrim from scratch much less of a pain. Just thought I'd ask since this save is pretty huge. 

9 hours ago, Scud74 said:

And seems there is a lot bugs regarding aging and unwanted incest relations even in vanilla game

This is still a bug that only EA can fix, sadly.

8 hours ago, Faolon said:

Have you guys looked into using Nexus' collections system for installing your mod? I've seen some relatively small sims 4 collections on there.

I'm 99% sure that requires the mods to be uploaded onto Nexus. Which is an issue for a few reasons.

1. Nexus doesn't allow adult mods once they pass a threshold.

2. We don't own or manage any of the mods linked on the front page. 

3. Even if we could/did, mod ownership is weird when it comes to the Sims because EA is EA and despite mrrakkon, j27f, and I holding different opinions on the debate we do respect the creators of Wicked Whims, Basemental, ect to not upload their stuff to the Nexus.

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this. I've been running the 2.3 save for a while now and I've found myself actually excited to play, and that hasn't happened since the sims 3. The amount of time requited to set it all up must have been considerable and I really appreciate your effort. 

I most likely will quit lurking here or following this any longer cause I have zero interest in the high school expansion  nor any interest in updating the required mods. But I have truly enjoyed what I've played. GL and thanks again.

Edited by chad6o