Next big game for (sex) modding?

So, the Skyrim modding community has been going strong for +10 years and I, as so many others, have been having a great fun with it and I sincerely thank every single modder for that. However, at some point in the future, there has to be a time when people lose interest in Skyrim and move onto something else. Same goes for Fallout 4 and Sims 4. What do you think the next game at that point will be? Do we have to wait for the next installment in Elder Scrolls for that or can there be something else by then? Or will whole modding community be dead by then as many people seem to say?

Personally, I was wishing Bannerlord could become somewhat popular for this kind for thing, tough it doesnt seem like it right now.

15 minutes ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

at some point in the future, there has to be a time when people lose interest in Skyrim and move onto something else

Impossible. Tod will make sure it never happens.

4 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

So, the Skyrim modding community has been going strong for +10 years and I, as so many others, have been having a great fun with it and I sincerely thank every single modder for that. However, at some point in the future, there has to be a time when people lose interest in Skyrim and move onto something else. Same goes for Fallout 4 and Sims 4. What do you think the next game at that point will be? Do we have to wait for the next installment in Elder Scrolls for that or can there be something else by then? Or will whole modding community be dead by then as many people seem to say?

Personally, I was wishing Bannerlord could become somewhat popular for this kind for thing, tough it doesnt seem like it right now.

Starfield.

3 hours ago, bloodbus said:

Probably Sims 5 or Paralives for the lifesim genre

Cautiously optimistic about Paralives. Game's still pretty much a WIP from what I can see and we don't know how much they'll allow modding.

Sims 5? AFAIK that's gonna be an MMO-lite game so unless they provide an offline option it's gonna be messy to mod that especially with adult content.

34 minutes ago, EnragedBard said:

I'm wondering of there's a community for Cyberpunk. That game could be really cool... with robot sex!

Unless they provide 3rd person POV either officially or via a mod (that actually works) I'm not keeping my hopes up.

12 hours ago, Storms of Superior said:

Conan Exiles works for me.

Really? Aside from the typical nude/skimpy outfit mods and Sexiles (which from what I can see is still a WIP, and doesn't even have sounds nor enough animations), sex modding is nowhere near on the same level as Skyrim Sexlab or Fallout 4 AAF. I'm genuinely curious if Conan Exiles has better sex mods out there that I'm not aware of though. It's the main reason why I still haven't bought the game even when it goes on sale.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I realize how ungrateful we are with Bethesda games. Their games are super moddable and they even hand out their game engine for free for all of us to mess around with. It's the only reason why we even got this far with adult mods, unlike 90% of the games out there (with the exception of like the Sims games). People tend to poo-poo Bethesda but they forget that it's because of their games that we even have Nexus Mods or Sexlab to begin with lol.

Edited by HentaiGnome
1 hour ago, HentaiGnome said:

Really? Aside from the typical nude/skimpy outfit mods and Sexiles (which from what I can see is still a WIP, and doesn't even have sounds nor enough animations), sex modding is nowhere near on the same level as Skyrim Sexlab or Fallout 4 AAF. I'm genuinely curious if Conan Exiles has better sex mods out there that I'm not aware of though. It's the main reason why I still haven't bought the game even when it goes on sale.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I realize how ungrateful we are with Bethesda games. Their games are super moddable and they even hand out their game engine for free for all of us to mess around with. It's the only reason why we even got this far with adult mods, unlike 90% of the games out there (with the exception of like the Sims games). People tend to poo-poo Bethesda but they forget that it's because of their games that we even have Nexus Mods or Sexlab to begin with lol.

Search Steam workshop for Conan Exiles. You will be amazed.

18 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

However, at some point in the future, there has to be a time when people lose interest in Skyrim and move onto something else.w.

Well, i found my self in to novellas at the moment and i love the stories. Many are so devious.

Well, there is always options as far as sexy games go. Not sure about modding normal games. There is not much out where there are good mods. There is potential i suppose but i haven't seen anything that would intrigue me to buy a game just for that purpose. It was just luck that i had Skyrim at all. Otherwise i would not have it.

As we know next to nothing about Space Skyrim or Skyrim 2 from Bethesda, Im currently non optimistic about future modding prospects from them . At least going by the CC kerfuffle. Concerning other games being moddable ,unless its similar in playstyle to Fallout or Skyrim, Im just not interested or invested enough to care , at least at the moment.

I don't know. I tend to avoid most big games because they're either an unfinished bugfest or a well-marketed cash-grab that forgot that games are supposed to be fun. Bannerlord was the last game I had real hope in, and it ended up just being a warband that used a ton of CPU. What makes Skyrim good for modding is that it has such a large world, a world with plenty of content, and plenty of emptiness. Mods could slash large chunks of the game and turn the people of Markarth into chickens, and players could still go to Riften and steal a horse from Maven. You could add massive dungeons, houses, castles, and cities to the game without having to remove any vanilla content. You could tweak minor features so that players could overhaul the game to suit their tastes.

And the graphics and first person dialogue-heavy gameplay really made you feel like you were interacting with the game. The fact that the base game was good enough to be incredibly popular helped too. It meant that sexmods allowed you to fulfill that wish to bang Aela you had when you first played the game; and every mod seemed like a radical change because you knew the game like the back of your hand.

Edited by Splendor Soils
Broke into two paragraphs for readability

Except the part where Bethesda hasn't shown ANY CK permissions or parameters and still is oblivious to their current eula being 100% a non-binding and non-legal document, which a rather large chunk of this site's authors would be being very well aware of.

44 minutes ago, The Man of Steel said:

The answer is Starfield...... It seems many people don't know of its existence, even on this site, lol.

Oh.. they know, they just don't care. :classic_tongue:

As to the OP, we'll never see another mod community like that for Skyrim. Even Bleth has no idea how they pulled that shit off and can't duplicate it's success. Plus they're more interested in making money than games anymore- like so much of the industry.

I'm thinking it might end up being Baldur's Gate 3. Considering Larian is literally working on customizing the romance scenes/animations for different races, it might be able to top the lewdness Skyrim modders created once BG3's modding scene gets going. It's still in early access, so it might be too early to tell, though.

3 minutes ago, Currency Buckwell said:

I'm thinking it might end up being Baldur's Gate 3. Considering Larian is literally working on customizing the romance scenes/animations for different races, it might be able to top the lewdness Skyrim modders created once BG3's modding scene gets going. It's still in early access, so it might be too early to tell, though.

This! I can't wait for the game to be finished, moddable thus possibly finger lickin' good.

I highly doubt BG3 will garner even a fraction of the modding scene that Skyrim has, not to knock on BG3. BG3 just doesnt look like it has the modding potential. Early access should not be a limiting factor for modding. When modders want to mod a game they will regardless of game completion, and for as long as its been out in early access it doesnt have nearly any mods that would make it LL worthy.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, Storms of Superior said:

Search Steam workshop for Conan Exiles. You will be amazed.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Steam Workshop exists lol. I confess, I never use it so that's why I never tried looking. I did take a quick glance at it now though and I see that it's got like 90 pages worth of mods so that's pretty good lol. Any adult mods that you use from there? Or some recommendations? I would like to know for, uh, research purposes...

1 hour ago, HentaiGnome said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Steam Workshop exists lol. I confess, I never use it so that's why I never tried looking. I did take a quick glance at it now though and I see that it's got like 90 pages worth of mods so that's pretty good lol. Any adult mods that you use from there? Or some recommendations? I would like to know for, uh, research purposes...

have not tried them all myself, so pls do post findings after research:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199112638263/myworkshopfiles/?appid=440900

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2414775887

for "making" animations": https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2300463941

slave animation system (sort of):https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2510194621

piercings and neck"armor":https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2018817145

some horns and two rings&chains things:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2674337782

6 hours ago, HentaiGnome said:

Thrall Wars, Restrictive Exiles, Devious Desires, Slavermod. There are likely more, but those are the kingpin ones, and they are best used on a server with other players.