Noble Bed 02 Collision Fix

Guest Robo00

Anyone who tried to use the bed in the Proudspire Manor in Solitude have probably noticed that the bed acts like a cage. Once in there is no way out. This small mod (not even a mod just a small edit) fixes that. I copied the collision mesh over from noblebeddouble01 to noblebeddouble02 using NifSkope.

Installation:

Just extract the file into the Data folder.

Uninstall:

Delete the noblebeddouble02.nif from the Data\meshes\furniture\noble folder.

NobeBed02CollisionFix_v11.zip

Guest Robo00

This alters a mesh (3D model) so everywhere this kind of bed is used will be fixed. If this mesh is used in a mod that should be fixed, too. But if the mod has it's own mesh then no.

Guest Robo00

According to the USKP readme, they fixed an entry flag on the mesh because only one side of the bed was usable by NPCs.

Since I used the vanilla version of the file it didn't contain the USKP modification. I've added the same fix to the file and uploaded a new version: v1.1.

well done and long overdue for a fix hehe.

"So the Dragonborn has slain Alduin, saved the world, is the Archmage of the college, Leader of the thieves guild, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, Harbinger of the Companions and Lord of the Vampires, he can slay a town full of guards with but a wink! What's next for our hero!?"

Hero: "ESCAPE THIS @*($(!@^*% BED!!!!"

Guest Robo00

Well the default collision mesh is not buggy. It was just the developers never thought that the player could get inside. Probably it's not possible without mods. So I don't think this really belongs in the USKP. Moreover there is a minor clipping now as the player's head moves through the wooden plank. :)

Thank you this has been driving me crazy, having to have sex on the floor with your spouse because you get stuck in the bloody bed. Stupid, that  was well thought off by Bathesda, NOT... 

But thank for sorting it out, been avoiding house mods that have them beds.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this perhaps be edited so that the headboard of the bed still has collision?  That way furniture affixed behind it, like in the Bedrooms wing in Hearthfire, doesn't fall right through it every time the cell loads.  Typically the headboard's placed against a wall anyway, so being able to walk through there seems unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the default collision mesh is not buggy. It was just the developers never thought that the player could get inside. Probably it's not possible without mods. So I don't think this really belongs in the USKP. Moreover there is a minor clipping now as the player's head moves through the wooden plank. :)

In fact, there are some regular mods who can make your PC use the bed same as sex mods :

-  See You Sleep By Madmole

-  See You Sleep

The USKP team would greatly accept such fix i think.

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...