Steam game sale

Got Red Dead Redemption 2.

Just to get disappointed right away about too much story, too many people and animals killed.

And mostly because I have to be online all the times on Rockstar with 2 windows services installed and running.

Probably it will be removed by the end of the week.

4 minutes ago, CPU said:

Just to get disappointed right away about too much story, too many people and animals killed.

And mostly because I have to be online all the times on Rockstar with 2 windows services installed and running.

Probably it will be removed by the end of the week.

Not as bummed as I was for the dumpster fire that FF7R integrade is on the PC.

Edited by zelphador23
2 hours ago, HighwayDio said:

Just my luck that the games on my wish list are only on sale for at most 25%, they are indie games so that is understandable and I ain't mad about that. None of the triple A games interest me anymore and the ones that are on sale, a lot of them aren't really that great IMO.

Triple a games seem to be going from good games to see how good they look, but that is just to cover up how bad the actual game play is, only game I want is only on 10% discount Forza Horizon 5, and I will wait till the ultimate edition drops down to about £25 or so before I buy that, so probably next year sometime.

9 hours ago, CPU said:

Yeah I got it as well a while ago and was real disappointed the whole being on line while playing a game you bought and installed just does not work for me. I played about two hours and got a refund ...sad really I believe that they want to control all aspects of what you do with the game and monitor you.

The thing about movies, is that I like to watch them from start to finish without interruption. The thing about RDR2 is it wants to be a movie with inbuilt interruptions because some people can't just fucking sit down and watch a film without fidgeting, going to make a cuppa tea, eat crisps nosily or comment on totally out of context shit.  (This rant may or may not be totally about RDR2 ? )

Anyway bought Erannorth Reborn, which is quite a nice rogue'ish rpg'ish deck builder. (Also very tempted to also get the Endless Legends bundle, which seems slightly cheaper than the promo they did for them last week for some reason).

7 hours ago, 27X said:

About 30 dollars more than its worth.

What are you saying, that those games are so bad they should be free? The first two games alone are easily worth $30 if you've never played them before. Personally ME2 is probably as close to a perfect 10/10 game that I've ever played. The only single thing I could complain about is an annoying bug that can prevent completing one of the recruitment missions. Other than that the story, characters, dialogues, voice acting, graphics, level design, gameplay, all fantastic.

Anyway I already dumped a bunch of money into steam last week. I hate when I do that and then a few days later there's a big sale...

ME1 is the only well written entry in the series, period; and by well written I mean actually makes ANY kind of sense thematically or mechanically.

ME2 is absolute trash aside from some character missions, at least the ones that don't involve time travel and teleportation. Mechanically speaking ME2, class and weapon  balance is utter garbage, and given that both story and mainline mechanics were railroaded by Mac "AndDramaDuh is the best Mass effect ever made" Walters, what a shocking surprise.

The only thing decent about 3 is the thing that ushered in EA's DLC = fuck customers to the utmost paradigm, multiplayer.

None of this is touching that Mass Effect is an utter shameless ripoff halfest of assed copy of Star Control II. In the literal sense. Because Mac Walters is a hack. When I say literally, I mean literally. Like 90 distinct points of "similarity."

You are entitled to your opinion I guess. For many people, myself included, ME2 is the best written out of the series simply because it made everything close and personal and brought a sense of personality to the series, a sense of worn and lived in environments.

Personally, I do recommend the LE as an upgrade to the og series simply because it lifts the technical limitations imposed by them, and many mods are either being worked on or already ported over to LE as well. Of course, if you only play by the rules, then there is no real use in buying the game series twice. 30€ is a fair price in my book though, more so if you've never played the series.

Regarding the sale, I have a few titles on sale from my wishlist but I'm currently not in the mood of buying anything for the sake of buying. Not really in the mood of playing anything either really. Burned out on gaming, can you believe that. :D

Still debating on whether to get one of the EDF titles or Mechwarrior 5 + Sphere DLC.

20 minutes ago, Swanky said:

You are entitled to your opinion I guess. For many people, myself included, ME2 is the best written out of the series simply because it made everything close and personal and brought a sense of personality to the series, a sense of worn and lived in environments.

Personally, I do recommend the LE as an upgrade to the og series simply because it lifts the technical limitations imposed by them, and many mods are either being worked on or already ported over to LE as well. Of course, if you only play by the rules, then there is no real use in buying the game series twice. 30€ is a fair price in my book though, more so if you've never played the series.

Regarding the sale, I have a few titles on sale from my wishlist but I'm currently not in the mood of buying anything for the sake of buying. Not really in the mood of playing anything either really. Burned out on gaming, can you believe that. :D

Still debating on whether to get one of the EDF titles or Mechwarrior 5 + Sphere DLC.

Over 90 points of similarity is not an opinion. Drew Karpyshyn and Chris LEtoile quitting and being fired respectively for daring to question the Word of Walters™ is not an opinion.

I don't want to ride your ass for having a negative opinion of a game I like, but honestly it seems like you have more resentment towards the company and this Mac Walters fellow than actual criticisms of the games we're talking about. I'm sure it's easy to accuse a modern game of ripping off an early 90's DOS game if they have any similarities at all, so I'm not impressed by that argument. I do think this "90 points of similarity" thing is made up though.

17 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Mass Effect LE trilogy and dlc is on sale for $30.  I thought about picking it up, but I changed my mind.

I thought it was funny how EA has been 're-releasing' games on Steam just to get sales - you still have to use Origin and I am finally Origin free. Actually I guess I'm also EA free - Am I missing anything? - not really.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I myself grabbed the HomeWorld bundle including the Deserts of Kharak - haven't messed with a decent RTS in a LONG time. Nice change of pace.     Less than $4/5.00 each (90% off)

And yes as mentioned - games are really only getting 'prettier' so one knows a 5 year old game is just as relevant today unless you're a 'ray tracing addict'.

@spoonsinger " The thing about RDR2 is it wants to be a movie with inbuilt interruptions because some people can't just fucking sit down and watch a film without fidgeting"   <- I wanted to add I never experienced a 'STE' before playing Red Dead Redemption 2. What's a STE? SLOW TIME EVENT! That's where the cut scene stops until you mash the forward key because some people can't watch a cut-scene longer than 30 seconds without having to do something - so here - mash this key and feel like you're doing something.  :) 

Edited by landess
19 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Steam is having a good sale and a lot of games are 70-80 % off.

Thanks for the pointer, I always miss those events. ?

I collect some rather old games and bit for bit I can throw away the old CD collection. Most didn't work anymore anyways, because I marked the best parts of the games with a scratch on the CD. :classic_dodgy:

Edited by donttouchmethere
9 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

Ironic, since you display literally the exact same attitude on a regular basis here.  Your opinion can only be treated as gospel and no one is allowed to question it... because?  ?

wrong.

You can have any opinion about ME you want. You can express any opinion about ME you want. Until three it was a single player game. With LE it still is a single player game. I'm never going to experience or play what you experience and thus will have zero expectations of opinion parity, ever.

If my not liking the thing you like puts your panties in a twist that so vexes you that a retort is needed; surprise twist: the problem isn't me.

Also if you feel the need comment as such, I may or may not clarify that opinion. Again if that discourse chafes thine soul to anguish, maybe use the ignore list and move on, because the amount of cares you have based on abject feels for that one time at band camp have jack shit to do with factual occurrences and will be treated accordingly.

Edited by 27X
  • Guest locked this topic