MessiahDF Posted April 17 Posted April 17 9 hours ago, Hex Bolt said: Are you sure that it doesn't do that? That mod seems to say that it uses the vanilla XP system: "You gain Skyrim's native experience points (there is no secondary XP system)". However, if that's not the case, it's not really something I'd want to tamper with. Yes, losing skill level does reduce your "level exp" by some amount (going from two handed 5 to 4 makes you lose 5 exp), but I was wondering if it was possible to not make it reliant on skill loss, but pure base exp loss. Like in Experience mod you get 30 xp (base, not skill) for clearing something, same here - overload causes base 30 xp reduction + reduction from skill loss if they were lost.
Hex Bolt Posted April 17 Author Posted April 17 8 hours ago, MessiahDF said: Yes, losing skill level does reduce your "level exp" by some amount (going from two handed 5 to 4 makes you lose 5 exp), but I was wondering if it was possible to not make it reliant on skill loss, but pure base exp loss. Like in Experience mod you get 30 xp (base, not skill) for clearing something, same here - overload causes base 30 xp reduction + reduction from skill loss if they were lost. I see. That's really not something I want to do. The mod is built around losing skills (with their associated XP).
Hex Bolt Posted June 14 Author Posted June 14 (edited) Version 1.4 New: The Heart Eyes toggle will give you pink hearts over your pupils while you have love sickness. Spoiler While love sick, your eyes will use a custom texture with pink hearts over the pupils: Textures\actors\character\eyes\LoveSicknessEyeHeart.dds. The mod can't simply paste a heart over your eyes; it replaces the entire eye texture. The default eye color is human brown. If you want a different eye color, you can swap the file for another one. Some samples are available in the downloads. It is YOUR responsibility to replace that texture with one to your liking. Custom races might not be recognized. Because they use different meshes, Khajiit and Argonian eyes won't work right. Edited June 14 by Hex Bolt 2
DrSeptimus Posted June 14 Posted June 14 (edited) 10 hours ago, Hex Bolt said: Version 1.4 New: The Heart Eyes toggle will give you pink hearts over your pupils while you have love sickness. Reveal hidden contents While love sick, your eyes will use a custom texture with pink hearts over the pupils: Textures\actors\character\eyes\LoveSicknessEyeHeart.dds. The mod can't simply paste a heart over your eyes; it replaces the entire eye texture. The default eye color is human brown. If you want a different eye color, you can swap the file for another one. Some samples are available in the downloads. It is YOUR responsibility to replace that texture with one to your liking. Custom races might not be recognized. Because they use different meshes, Khajiit and Argonian eyes won't work right. Sweet... I replaced it with purple eyes from Mikan Eyes instead. Quick question, is it possible to add a features to use multiple texture at same time? For example, if I have red eye and purple eye for Heart Eyes, there is 50% chances my character would have red eye or purple eyes while love sick. Edited June 14 by DrSeptimus
johnson_joe Posted June 14 Posted June 14 (edited) Hmmm, using Sexlab P+ 1.17.1 (latest version), and SLO Aroused NG. It seems that on my system no lovesickness and no euphoria are triggered. Does it only work for classic Sexlab? Settings were to check on player orgasm or sex end, but both didn't matter. Edited June 14 by johnson_joe
Hex Bolt Posted June 14 Author Posted June 14 2 hours ago, DrSeptimus said: Quick question, is it possible to add a features to use multiple texture at same time? For example, if I have red eye and purple eye for Heart Eyes, there is 50% chances my character would have red eye or purple eyes while love sick. I'd have to think about how that would work. I'd really only intended for one texture to be used per playthrough. The heart is much more visible than the iris color, so you might find that it doesn't a huge difference unless you happen to be zoomed in very close to your character's face. 53 minutes ago, johnson_joe said: Hmmm, using Sexlab P+ 1.17.1 (latest version), and SLO Aroused NG. It seems that on my system no lovesickness and no euphoria are triggered. Does it only work for classic Sexlab? Settings were to check on player orgasm or sex end, but both didn't matter. There haven't been any other reports of that problem, so I assume that they work okay. Of course, the chance roll does have to succeed, and sex has to involve at least one male.
johnson_joe Posted June 14 Posted June 14 (edited) 1 hour ago, Hex Bolt said: I'd have to think about how that would work. I'd really only intended for one texture to be used per playthrough. The heart is much more visible than the iris color, so you might find that it doesn't a huge difference unless you happen to be zoomed in very close to your character's face. There haven't been any other reports of that problem, so I assume that they work okay. Of course, the chance roll does have to succeed, and sex has to involve at least one male. Ah, okay. Well my sample was just very small on a quick try. I thought euphoria would at least go up a tiny bit and it didn't. Maybe that made me jump to conclusions there. Thanks. Edited June 14 by johnson_joe
Hex Bolt Posted June 14 Author Posted June 14 53 minutes ago, johnson_joe said: Ah, okay. Well my sample was just very small on a quick try. I thought euphoria would at least go up a tiny bit and it didn't. Maybe that made me jump to conclusions there. Thanks. Euphoria only increases when you get love sickness. With default settings, you usually don't get unlucky and receive the love sickness condition.
Lilzt3hcat Posted June 15 Posted June 15 I love the eye thing (easily used for hypno or mind break looking eyes too lol) been wanting something like that for awhile, thanks!
johnson_joe Posted June 22 Posted June 22 On 6/14/2026 at 5:55 PM, Hex Bolt said: Euphoria only increases when you get love sickness. With default settings, you usually don't get unlucky and receive the love sickness condition. Yes, I can confirm that it works now.
BasicallyBasic Posted August 23 Posted August 23 (edited) I'm sorry if this is a bit rude of me to ask, but I have a few requests for features I haven't been able to find in other mods that I feel could be a very good fit for this mod with how pick-and-choose the settings already are. Feature Request(s): Arousal Gain: A setting that makes you gain a flat amount of Arousal when becoming Love Sick or hitting an Extension trigger or a setting that makes you gain extra Arousal over time while Love Sick. Arousal Punishment: A setting that makes Euphoria and/or Love Sick duration deteriorate slower based on your Arousal. The Poison is the Cure: An option to make the Extension duration Negative instead of only Positive. (So that triggering the "Extension" can remove time from the condition instead) The reason I would like these three settings (or even just one of the first two regarding arousal) is to make Love Sickness actually have a bit more of an incentive to risk the spiral. Currently, whenever you become Love Sick there's a debuff you just have to wait out and during that time avoid Sex like the plague. The issue is that there's nothing to incentivize the player to risk sexual activity while afflicted, the goal becomes avoid it at all costs until the timer ends. How I see the condition thematically is that you're weaker after having sex because you're so horny you want more, but there's nothing that actually makes the character want more to end the condition. So you as the player need to do the absolute opposite of what it thematically seems your character should want. Basically how I would like the condition to work is both as a consequence to constant sex (as it is now) but also exist as reason to engage in more momentarily instead of a reason to stop. Here's a more detailed breakdown on how I think the above suggested features would accomplish this: Arousal Gain: Having the character gain Arousal when love sick would fix the thematic part: Your character becomes horny while Love Sick. That's it. This on its own could even be enough incentive to make a player engage in sex as other mods have arousal based debuffs (like SexLab Adventures). Arousal Punishment: Having Euphoria/Love Sick duration deteriorate slower based on Arousal makes it necessary to manage your character's arousal after you've become Love Sick, a need is forced onto the player to deal with in order to mitigate the risk of an Overload in the future or to make Love Sick end sooner. The Poison is the Cure: Finally, the option to make an "Extension" trigger reduce the time left on the condition instead of increasing it gives players an interactive way to reduce the time the condition remains instead of just sleeping it off. This also gives a reason to risk the spiral and potential Overload triggers. My thematic reasoning behind this is that while the addictive properties of the semen is what caused the Love Sickness, hitting this trigger basically means that particular sex act was satisfying enough to take the edge off, calming down the intensity of the condition (as if Love Sickness was a withdrawal symptom). Maybe a randomness option could be added where if the Extension trigger is hit, it could either reduce OR increase the time of the condition? In the reduction case, it was satisfying and calmed the illness. In the extension case, it was exhilarating and the character wants more. Thank you for reading. I typed all this up cus I love the idea of the mod, but the features didn't really end up giving me the outcome I wanted. It ended up being disappointing and bothersome to get Love Sickness triggers instead of a fun event that I could play around and roleplay with. Hope any of this is feasible and something you'd consider adding to the mod! Edited August 23 by BasicallyBasic Grammar
Hex Bolt Posted August 23 Author Posted August 23 40 minutes ago, BasicallyBasic said: Arousal Gain: A setting that makes you gain a flat amount of Arousal when becoming Love Sick or hitting an Extension trigger or a setting that makes you gain extra Arousal over time while Love Sick. Arousal Punishment: A setting that makes Euphoria and/or Love Sick duration deteriorate slower based on your Arousal. The Poison is the Cure: An option to make the Extension duration Negative instead of only Positive. (So that triggering the "Extension" can remove time from the condition instead) Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into the possibility of the first two. In particular, the first one seems practical as well as being a good fit for the effect. The second one seems interesting in theory, but I wonder how many players would actually use a feature that prolongs a negative effect or enable it but then negate it with masturbation (various devious devices could block masturbation, but that would also limit your sex options). So, less practical benefit than the first effect. With regard to the third suggestion, I prefer not to turn a consequence mod into its own cure. There are many possible analogies, but I'll go with drunkenness. Drinking even more will not sober you up, though one could play a foolish character who believes that. "Taking the edge off" usually applies to reducing the desire to drink after one is sober and the alcoholic euphoria is gone. 1 hour ago, BasicallyBasic said: It ended up being disappointing and bothersome to get Love Sickness triggers instead of a fun event that I could play around and roleplay with. Experiences will vary with play style and how you see your character, but I think you're missing roleplay opportunities that you might not have considered. Sleeping it off is the easy remedy, of course. With a sleep needs mod, it's free too, since you'll be sleeping anyway. That encourages engaging in sex late in the day and avoiding it earlier, adding weight and consequence to early-day sex. You have to plan your activities around the risk. Importantly, getting the condition puts a brake on prostitution, which players will often configure to generate a lot of income. You can still do it, but within limits, keeping that avenue from becoming too easy. But you don't have to take the easy path. Accept the love sickness penalties and keep playing, just avoiding sex whenever possible. Bartering suffers, but that helps with accumulating too much gold. It makes roleplay sense. Your gal might not even realize that she's being cheated. Combat suffers a lot, but it's certainly possible if you flee from stronger threats. Rely on a follower and have to take up a support role for a while. If you're really into roleplay, your follower might want to renegotiate your loot sharing arrangement. Experience being weak again and having to run away -- or be foolish, get defeated, and end up at the slave auction. Effects that can change the flow of events are interesting. Use it as an excuse to make bad decisions. Maybe it's been many playthroughs since you last accepted Sam's invitation to a drinking contest. Accidentally sign up for the civil war because that recruiter was just so cute (or even accidentally join the wrong side). Lots of roleplay opportunities. This mod just opens the door.
BasicallyBasic Posted August 29 Posted August 29 (edited) On 8/24/2026 at 1:11 AM, Hex Bolt said: I'll look into the possibility of the first two. In particular, the first one seems practical as well as being a good fit for the effect. Glad I was able to offer some inspiration! Hope it ends up being easy to implement. On 8/24/2026 at 1:11 AM, Hex Bolt said: The second one seems interesting in theory, but I wonder how many players would actually use a feature that prolongs a negative effect or enable it but then negate it with masturbation (various devious devices could block masturbation, but that would also limit your sex options). So, less practical benefit than the first effect. Yeah, for sure less certain of being a desirable effect for many. But at the same time, Needs mods and this mod as a consequence mod in general is also something that generally people wouldn't want to use since it actively hinders them, yet here we are. I suggested it because I at least would see myself using it. On 8/24/2026 at 1:11 AM, Hex Bolt said: With regard to the third suggestion, I prefer not to turn a consequence mod into its own cure. There are many possible analogies, but I'll go with drunkenness. Drinking even more will not sober you up. "Taking the edge off" usually applies to reducing the desire to drink after one is sober and the alcoholic euphoria is gone. Fully get that perspective. It wasn't the best baked suggestion. It was an attempt at a feature that would let players have some direct input into the outcome of the love sickness that wasn't strictly negative while also participating in it, hereby incentivizing them to follow along with what the character narratively wants. There's probably better ways to achieve that. On 8/24/2026 at 1:11 AM, Hex Bolt said: Experiences will vary with play style and how you see your character, but I think you're missing roleplay opportunities that you might not have considered. Sorry, I could've been more clear, when I said "that I could play around and roleplay with" I meant 'have a reason to go along with my character's wants'. Basically, why do I play with Survival mechanics? Because I want to have a reason to interact with Sleep, Food, and Cold, because otherwise I end up never interacting with parts of the game that exist to simulate these basic functions of survival. I would never eat because my character doesn't get hungry and food is much too heavy to carry around for their small benefits. I would rarely sleep because heading to an inn to sleep through the night doesn't feel as important and running through the wilderness at night seems like a fine option. I wouldn't consider what my character is wearing before heading further north in Skyrim and just wear what she always does. With Cold as a factor I go and shop for warmer clothes before such trips. It helps enjoyment of the game because it adds an incentive to interact with things that otherwise would be tedious and serve little purpose and instead become little risk management activities and behavior. My character's wants and needs become aligned with my own as the player because there's a mechanical benefit to do them. Part of the idea of Love Sickness is that the character feels a desire to keep having fun, but because there's no mechanical need or benefit to doing so, only draw backs. My character's wants and my desires as a player do not always need to be aligned, making decisions against what is the best course can sometimes be fun, but when what my character would want to do and what I as the player know I should do directly oppose each other, it feels bad to make either decision. To me, roleplaying isn't only making decisions from the perspective of my character, I love doing that, but part of what makes it satisfying is when the decisions she might make feel good to make as a player. As mentioned in my first post, any of the two first suggestions that manipulate Arousal or uses it to manipulate Love Sickness/Euphoria would add this desired bridge between mechanical benefit/mitigating risk and having a reason to act the way my character might want to from being horny off of Love Sickness. Sorry for the long-winded reply to that part of your comment, as you said, experiences will vary. This is how I play and enjoy the game and I saw an opportunity for this mod to add another layer to my character's wants and needs that are now an integral part of why I enjoy playing Skyrim. Thank you for the thoughtful reply! Hope the recent patches doesn't make your potential development of this feature(s) all too bothersome. Edited August 29 by BasicallyBasic Added second to last paragraph. Reworded the part regarding roleplay. Edited Grammar. Removed a paragraph that just said the same thing as another but slightly differently. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now