Love Sickness LE/SE

View File

A consequence mod for sex, specifically sex with males (it's intended for female characters, but it works well for gay men).  It offers a downside for prostitution, sexual assault, or simple promiscuity with men that does not involve pregnancy or wear & tear, although it can be used along with those kinds of mods.

Love Sickness resembles a pregnancy mod by creating a chance for an "oh no" moment after sex.  You suddenly get unlucky and receive a set of flat debuffs.  However, like a wear & tear mod, the more sex you engage in, the worse things become.

Conditions and effects are highly configurable, with multiple levels of peril.  The net effect could be a minor annoyance (similar to catching a cold), or a "bad end" with little hope of recovery, or even a form of character reset.

This mod works as-is with LE and SE (and AE).  If your mod manager complains about form number 43, feel free to open and save the mod in the Creation Kit, but that's not necessary.

Lore

Semen can produce a euphoric state in females, like a narcotic agent.  Although it feels pleasant, it comes with debilitating effects.  It is an occupational hazard of prostitution, though it does make the job easier.  Whores have various names for it.  Nice girls call it the "love sickness".

Under the intoxicating effects of love sickness, thinking is clouded and reactions are impaired.  Adventuring becomes risky.  A love sick gal might just stay home awhile and, oh, have more sex.  That's risky, too.  Sex while love sick can extend the condition's duration, making it a difficult hole to climb out of.  It's a pleasant, comfortable state, with worries pushed out of mind.  To make matters worse, with frequent insemination the narcotic component can build up until it reaches an overload point, potentially permanently lowering resistance to love sickness, or even causing skills to be forgotten.  Sex workers might find that they've become unable to do any other kind of work -- not that their pimps would *dream* of exploiting this risk.

Your female adventurer is aware of these challenges and must try to cope with them.

How It Works

All debuffs and effects are configurable.  You get only the debuffs and risks that you choose.  You can set up love sickness so that it does nothing at all.  The settings can be changed and applied even while your character has love sickness.  If the effects seem too easy or too harsh, just change them -- immediately.

Your character has a chance to develop love sickness whenever she has sex with a man.  When that happens, she gets love sickness for the base duration.  Sex with men while love sick can extend the duration.  She would do best to wait out the condition, if she can.  While love sick, every insemination potentially adds to her euphoria level.  The level decays over time.  Its value is added to the base chance to get or extend love sickness.  It's a spiraling effect.  The higher the euphoria, the more likely it is that the love sickness duration will increase with each insemination.

When euphoria reaches 100%, an "overload" reaction might occur.  If it does, three things can happen (all configurable):
- The euphoria level will partially reset.
- The character will permanently lose resistance to love sickness.
- She will lose skills, and optionally might lose a level due to skill loss.

Loss of resistance to love sickness causes a slow decline.  It becomes easier and easier to become love sick.

Character level loss is turned off by default so that no one gets surprised, but I recommend enabling it.  Otherwise, being near the bottom of a level effectively makes you immune to skill loss.  If you lose a level, you'll lose one unspent perk point.  If you have no free points, you keep all your perks, but you'll have a perk point debt to repay after you regain a level.

Soft Integrations

- Arousal can be used as a factor if any up-to-date version of SexLab Aroused is installed.
- The mod should count multiple orgasms if Separate Orgasms is installed.

Compatibility

Skill Loss:  It is not recommended to use this mod's skill loss feature together with another skill loss mod IF that mod is configured to trigger on sex (rather than on defeat or other conditions), since both mods could attempt to remove skills (and potentially a level) at the same time.

Skill Progress:  Mods that change experience gain per skill might cause a skill rank to be "lost" without actually dropping a full rank.

Gender:  This mod determines gender according SexLab's gender setting.

Creatures:  Male creatures are recognized as male sex partners, but this mod does not introduce any bestiality.

Credit

Credit and thanks to hilaribad for Defeat Skill Loss, which inspired this mod's skill loss system and provided scripting examples.

Credit and thanks to EnaiSiaion for allowing use of the Dibellan Hearts texture and hit shader example from Wintersun.

Permissions

Spoiler

- Do not upload to another site, except for language translation versions that make no other change and that do not charge money.  You don't have to ask permission to do a language translation.
- Do not mirror this mod on another site, even for free, except with written permission.
- Do not publish a modified version of this mod, in full or in part, other than simple language translations.  No "forked", "redux", "enhanced", "patched", "converted", or alternate versions.
- Do not use any mod assets or scripts in a for-profit mod, or one that requires a paid membership or a minimum "donation" to access.
- If you use scripts from this mod in another mod, you must provide the source code with your project.
- I do not own the hearts texture.  If you use it in a mod, you must credit EnaiSiaion and link to its source, Wintersun.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/26/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

More debuffs for too much snu snu? Awesome! ?

I find that getting debuffs from too much sex on a LL focused LO makes the game much more interesting.

SLS does somewhat similar, now I wonder if your mod and SLS will go well together in that regard.

If SLS only debuffs regeneration and max amount of various stats like HP/SP/MP then your mod offers - thanks to configuration via MCM - more options the make sex addiction (con/noncon) even more challenging.

As bonus, defeats get really dangerous and make me fight harder to avoid the consequences.

I think there's two ways to play lewd Skryim. Either you're a succubus and get more powerful the more sex you have or sex is a catch 22. "I can learn skills quicker if I'm satisfied, but now I move slower and my stamina takes longer to recharge." I think the latter is more interesting, so I'm always glad to see more mods that prevent you from fucking constantly and force you to play the game.

TL;DR cool mod

Neat idea to punish those who "belong to the street". However, I wholeheartedly request to also consider the following to include as an option:

1. If a PC is "faithful" (e.g. has only one partner) then the euphoria either does not kick in or provides some benefits
    1. The benefits shouldn't be anything special, likely something minor
    2. The benefits could be applied to PC's partner, too!
  2. As a compensation measure, if PC engages in a sexual activity after her first partner then depending on "how long" she was with that partner, stronger penalties would occur
    1. The most sound one I see here is harsher penalty for the resistance loss
    2. "How long" can be counted either by how many times PC "did it" with her first partner or how much in-game time has passed since her first encounter with that partner
    3. PC's partner would also suffer some penalties for her wrongdoing! Emulating the mental damage, depression etc.
    4. There might be different treatment depending on how exactly PC became unfaithful to her first partner - consensual acts yield much, much harsher penalties
  3. Maybe even a "reverse" effect for staying faithful to one partner?
    1. The more often PC "does it" with that partner - the stronger benefits she gets? With some limits, of course, and only on the premise she never "cheated"
    2. The longer PC is with that partner - the better the benefits? (again, counting days since first time with that partner)
  4. (Very optional as that would require to expand the scope of the mod) - give PC an ability to "end relationship" and peacefully move to her next one with "the blessing" of her current partner. Then the points 1..3 would consider her new partner instead of the current one and none of the "cheating punishment" penalties described there would kick in.
    1. To prevent PC for just changing relationship on a whim and escaping the consequences (like it always happens IRL) - introduce a configurable limit on how many times is it possible to change relationships per game month/week/day(? that last one really screams "garden tool")
    2. The change limit might also be configurable for the minimal required duration of a relationship.
  5. (Very optional) Add integration with your other mod, Lola. Activities with the master should be subjected to additional addiction - i.e. addiction to the "fluids" of a specific male!
    1. It works the same way euphoria does but on top of that also adds the effects if the partner is PC's master (obviously only works for "masters" as "mistresses" would fail to qualify to trigger the euphoria's "source")
    2. In case PC is faithful then points 1-3 apply. So it's basically the same logic - the "fluids" trigger euphoria which in this case grants some benefits, but since it's PC's "master" - some additional small bonuses apply. 

Motivation - well, I requested something similar for your other mod (the Lola one) - yet in latest updates that mod also jumped onto a bandwagon of "belonging to the streets" (i.e. 3p play-buddies and other things I just can't take) . Not to complain - it's a great mod and I like it a lot + it's completely free so you have every right to do whatever you wish there. I just use the older version of it and it suits my taste better.

As we all know, the "relationships" department on LL is very much .. lacking :) Would be cool to see something in that direction.

Edited by Operand
4 hours ago, Operand said:

If a PC is "faithful" (e.g. has only one partner) then the euphoria either does not kick in or provides some benefits

I want to stay away from providing any benefits and focus on this being a consequence and peril mod.  A fidelity mod with benefits for normal play and penalties from straying from that is really something else.  There's certainly room for such a mod in SexLab Skyrim, but that's not what I wanted to do here.

4 hours ago, Operand said:

I requested something similar for your other mod (the Lola one) - yet in latest updates that mod also jumped onto a bandwagon of "belonging to the streets" (i.e. 3p play-buddies and other things I just can't take) .

I'll just say that, in that mod, 3-way sex is always optional and, with the exception of prostitution and the pony event (both of which can be turned off), there's no sex with others that isn't optional.  Of course, "other things" might not appeal.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'll just say that, in that mod, 3-way sex is always optional and, with the exception of prostitution and the pony event (both of which can be turned off), there's no sex with others that isn't optional.  Of course, "other things" might not appeal.

Hey, no judgements there :)  Just my take. And for what it's worth - the older versions provide all the features I need. Plus, with some adjustments on my end I made it closer to what I wanted.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A fidelity mod with benefits for normal play and penalties from straying from that is really something else

Ok, you have a point there. If the peril is intended to be a core element of this mod then doing what I described would indeed be very much out of place.

I always love more ideas for consequences for getting cummed in/on~

Edit: Request, since it's based on *insemination*, can we have an option that is based on when the partner orgasms? That is, when the male fucking the female player orgasms? That's when the insemination would happen, ie, the semen coming out, for separate orgasms users. That would give SLSO (sexlab separate orgasm) players reason to try and keep their rapist partner from cumming, or minimizing the amount of times that partner cums, for example.

Edited by Yuni
1 hour ago, Yuni said:

Request, since it's based on *insemination*, can we have an option that is based on when the partner orgasms?

It's a fair question, but probably not.  I had considered that during development, but I decided against.  Tracking only player orgasm or player sex end keeps the design simple and efficient.  During sex with 2 or 3 male partners, this mod could trigger several times in quick succession if were based on partner orgasm.  Conceivably that could be a problem in a script heavy game.  That also would "roll the dice" for onset or extension of love sickness several times during the same round of sex, which seems like a lot (is the effect really instant?). 

The current implementation, using the "On sex end" setting, counts the total number of orgasms and uses that to increase the chance for onset or extension.  Orgasm count also magnifies the amount of euphoria increase.  It all gets factored in, just once per round of sex.  And reducing the number of partner orgasms is still very much to your advantage.

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's a fair question, but probably not.  I had considered that during development, but I decided against.  Tracking only player orgasm or player sex end keeps the design simple and efficient.  During sex with 2 or 3 male partners, this mod could trigger several times in quick succession if were based on partner orgasm.  Conceivably that could be a problem in a script heavy game.  That also would "roll the dice" for onset or extension of love sickness several times during the same round of sex, which seems like a lot (is the effect really instant?). 

The current implementation, using the "On sex end" setting, counts the total number of orgasms and uses that to increase the chance for onset or extension.  Orgasm count also magnifies the amount of euphoria increase.  It all gets factored in, just once per round of sex.  And reducing the number of partner orgasms is still very much to your advantage.

Ohhhh, I thought it was implemented that it only counts player orgasms period, it factors in all the orgasms and makes one lump check at sex end. That works just fine! I just wanted it to count how many times folk came on me/in me. Hah, thanks.

Just two quick ideas how this mod could have a special integration for Submissive Lola:

1. Sex with Master could be guaranteed to not cause Love Sickness or/and even (partially) heal Love Sickness.
   (Lola's Submission Score should be over a certain threshold for those effects to start working)
   Incentive to beg Master for Sex more often. Maybe should have some drawback(s)?

2. Sex with Master can cause a special new Love Sickness that is only surpressed by more Sex with Master (inspired/similar to Operands idea)
   (Also bound to Lola's Submission Score and maybe how much effect from idea 1 was used)
   Incentive to stay a slave, even after the PC would be free to leave the enslavement
   Maybe methodes to get rid of this effect. Could be time (days or even weeks)? or an expensive treatment (priests?)

So these were my 2 cents on that matter.?

23 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Been having some fun fooling around with this, only thing I wish is that I could disable the body glow when the effect procs while keeping the heart particles.

I hadn't noticed the glow until you mentioned it.  I have removed it for the next update.

Hello Hexbolt8, your mod is amazing this is a brilliant idea. Just a couple of things I would like to say :

1. It would be amazing if these lovesick sliders would have more flexibility, for example skill gain only can be between 0 and 1.00. Would it be possible to give a greater range, for example -1.00  - 3.00 In this way love sickness could be a buff as well, also to have the option  for the bartering option to go into negative, so be 0.5 (technically half price)

It would be good fore roleplay because you get debuffs  but buffs as well.

2. Also losing skill xp and resistance is interesting, but it would be cool to have more and different negative effects too on overload. Have more variety. 

3. Also integration with blush when aroused (constant blush maybe?) or /and conditional expressions (smile, dreamy face -expression)

4. Integration with a pregnancy mod, for example Beeing female, so when character actually inseminated (has sperm) would count as inseminated instead of character orgasm (I have seen that you designed the game like this and you don't want to tie this to a partner's orgasm but if you would hook it to a sperm being present multiple partner's orgasm would not matter, what would matter that the character is inseminated or not. Female orgasm is hardly anything to do with insemination. It would be more immersive this way, also you could add more debuffs or effects if the character would become pregnant. That would be amazing. Thoughts? :)

Also I tested with Separate orgasms and it seems it is not working, only without it.

Edited by Midnightbug
9 hours ago, Midnightbug said:

Hello Hexbolt8, your mod is amazing this is a brilliant idea.

Thank you!

In this way love sickness could be a buff as well, also to have the option  for the bartering option to go into negative, so be 0.5 (technically half price)

That's really not the direction I want to go.  As I mentioned to another player earlier, this is a pure consequence mod.  It does nothing good for your character.

Female orgasm is hardly anything to do with insemination.

It does with unmodified SexLab, which has all actors in the scene orgasm once at the same time.  The "On player orgasm" setting was designed for this.  If SLSO is detected, the setting defaults to "On sex end".  For that setting, orgasms are counted during sex and the total is used at the end.

10 hours ago, Midnightbug said:

I tested with Separate orgasms and it seems it is not working, only without it.

Can you elaborate on "not working"?  Are you using the "On sex end" setting?

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you!

That's really not the direction I want to go.  As I mentioned to another player earlier, this is a pure consequence mod.  It does nothing good for your character.

It does with unmodified SexLab, which has all actors in the scene orgasm once at the same time.  The "On player orgasm" setting was designed for this.  If SLSO is detected, the setting defaults to "On sex end".  For that setting, orgasms are counted during sex and the total is used at the end.

Can you elaborate on "not working"?  Are you using the "On sex end" setting?

This is weird, if I am using On Sex end nothing happens in the end not even on 100% chance. IF I switch to On Player orgasm then it works, but only if I change SLSO to always orgasm. (So basically going back to default setting. This is why I thought it is not working with SLSO for me. I have the latest SLSO.

32 minutes ago, Midnightbug said:

I have the latest SLSO.

Did you install SLSO's SexLabFramework script changes?  This mod relies on the existence of SLSO's addition of GetOrgasmCount() to the SexLab framework.  Without that, orgasm count will always be zero, and no insemination.

9 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Did you install SLSO's SexLabFramework script changes?  This mod relies on the existence of SLSO's addition of GetOrgasmCount() to the SexLab framework.  Without that, orgasm count will always be zero, and no insemination.

is it a separate download somewhere?

Edited by Midnightbug
35 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

No, it's part of the SLSO download package:  01_SexLabFramework

It is part of the download, so yes, I have that part installed. (I just doublechecked it.) I will re install your mod and try it again.

EDIT: Ok I tested it again and I can confirm it is not working, using SE, got  latest SLSO with updates (Latest SL (1.63)),  chance set to 100%, On sex end,  multiple orgasms with SLSO and at the end there is nothing. No love sickness, no hearts, nothing. 

Your mod is working if I swap to on Orgasm and enable always orgasm at the end, which basically shows that the mod is working, the problem is with SLSO compatibility. 

Edited by Midnightbug
1 hour ago, Midnightbug said:

Your mod is working if I swap to on Orgasm and enable always orgasm at the end, which basically shows that the mod is working, the problem is with SLSO compatibility. 

Just ruling out an obvious problem, do you have "Use separate orgasms" enabled in SexLab?