Show us your character!

You know, it's funny but as time has gone by I've taken less and less satisfaction in the actual "gaming" part of the games, and at this point spend 90% of my time modding and using the screenshots to tell stories. Kind of the natural extension, perhaps, from when I stopped watching TV for the most part because I didn't have enough interaction with the content, now I rarely play my games because it doesn't fulfill my need to be a part of the creative process. So I guess it just doesn't bother me that much, but I feel ya. If there was some way to fit the sandbox mechanics of, say GTAV, and meld it into the whole world interactivity and character RP and skill development of NV, man . . . that would be the best game ever. GTAV has such a beautiful populated and surface level feel to its sandbox, but the real interactions are shallow as a puddle, whereas NV has deeper interaction and development, but nowhere near the scale. If you could combine the two, wow. Of course, you'd need a system many, many times more powerful, and 100 times more development hours to come close to that, but we can dream.

And until then, I'll just make stories and that try to capture the feeling instead.   :cool:

You know, it's funny but as time has gone by I've taken less and less satisfaction in the actual "gaming" part of the games, and at this point spend 90% of my time modding and using the screenshots to tell stories. Kind of the natural extension, perhaps, from when I stopped watching TV for the most part because I didn't have enough interaction with the content, now I rarely play my games because it doesn't fulfill my need to be a part of the creative process. So I guess it just doesn't bother me that much, but I feel ya. If there was some way to fit the sandbox mechanics of, say GTAV, and meld it into the whole world interactivity and character RP and skill development of NV, man . . . that would be the best game ever. GTAV has such a beautiful populated and surface level feel to its sandbox, but the real interactions are shallow as a puddle, whereas NV has deeper interaction and development, but nowhere near the scale. If you could combine the two, wow. Of course, you'd need a system many, many times more powerful, and 100 times more development hours to come close to that, but we can dream.

And until then, I'll just make stories and that try to capture the feeling instead.   :cool:

Similar story for me haha. Spending more time messing around with SS and poses. I can't get Face Aches to work for my race though. I've tried everything. Even uninstalling all my skeleton mods so I only have FA skeletons and animation/idle files.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always intended my character to become more and more cybernetic over time, and I really wanted to bring her into New Vegas with an artificial arm or leg - losing her own limbs (and almost her life) during a botched routine extermination mission with Lyon's Pride against the Super Mutants of DC... but nobody has really made a good amputation or cybernetics mod yet. So I've been tinkering lately with various robotic races to steal parts from them.

post-209844-0-89920000-1412310716_thumb.jpg

I like the idea of a more robotic "terminator-esque" appendage, along with a stump where the limbs attach to the body, but it's a pain the ass to convert clothes for those kinds of mods. I also have a version modeled with the Daughters of Ares parts that, in addition to being a full body replacer, has been broken down into sections and turned into armor so that they're compatible with all clothes.

Not sure which one I'll go with in the end. Probably the one pictured, because I can easily make a clothing model without the arm (just the attachment point at the shoulder) and make a clutter item that can be placed in the environment - so it looks like she's detaching her limbs to do maintenance work on them.

Cool arm thing dude, I've never seen that one. I've seen the other cyber arm, did some work on it, put armor plating on it, but I don't use it. You have to customize any armor you want to use it with to be compatible. Eh, but anyway, this is my whole team:

post-576959-0-98050700-1412317636_thumb.jpg

Here's my current and only TTW character Niobe.

She starts in DC in vault 101 etc etc. Since she's out of the vault her Dad left her behind she decided not to go after him and was pretty much traumatized by the whole experience of having to kill people in the vault. Her time surviving in the capital wastes were even more scary. She stumbled into an old train station and decided to head Vegas since it was the only train still working. Nine years later she's a tough courier but gets shot in the etc (you know the story by now). She tracks down her shooter and kills him and then kills house for using her like that. In the presidental suite of the Lucky 38 she's claimed as her own, she finds some old world tech and modifies it to her fashion sense. Since she's built up a good bit of muscle, she likes her clothing to be very feminine and risqué. At this point in her life she's pretty crazy and really enjoys killing raiders. She decides to become a bounty hunter (thats where's at right). Eventually though, her experiences will lead her to going back to DC to find and confront Dad. Given what will eventually happen, it might drive her further down the wrong of being a psycho killer. Hopefully she'll still have the desire to kill those who have wronged her and not everyone.

She's good with firearms and a knife. She grew up watching ninja movies so she's heavily inspired by it. Her weapons are a silenced handgun, a shotgun, a machine gun, a reversed combat knife, and sniper rifle. she's pretty stealthy but loves a good melee scrap. (honestly, I'm not into the whole body builder looking body, but bunsaki's armor is just so amazing, I don't even care and decided that the new muscular body would be the result of all the things the character has been through. I'd still prefer a body thats more curvy though)

I also want to work on her face some more. I really dislike the editor in new vegas. I hope they improve it in Fo4 and really really hope now that modding is so mainstream, it'll get support like Skyrim did and we'll end up with a Bodyslide for it as well a RaceMenu

post-44063-0-55284400-1412432500_thumb.jpg

post-44063-0-86684400-1412471016_thumb.jpg

post-44063-0-70282100-1412471027_thumb.jpg

This is my character Helena Valentine! <3

How did you get a face so realistic looking in Fallout?

It's fairly easy with various mods like Fallout Character Overhaul (FCO) or Women of the Wasteland over at the nexus

I decided to redo my character. I'm using FCO. My method is to keep pressing the random button under something decent comes up and then I change it. It's funny how you can't make any of these facing with using just the sliders. Using the random option results in faces that seem to go beyond the sliders and change parts of the face that the sliders can't change at all.

post-44063-0-81839600-1412524789_thumb.jpg

post-44063-0-76569200-1412524792_thumb.jpg

Guest endgameaddiction

Amanda wants you. :)

NSFYS - Not Safe For Your Sanity

(You've been warned)

VCre8xVo.jpg

8H1JDMay.jpg

gzF8P21K.jpg

RNApvO2y.jpg

This is the same preset with different skin tone and random face generator and trying to lose the man face....

Z2ZXL0MJ.jpg

giyYkaCS.jpg

6Uz12dYz.jpg

Never will I ever ever ever again tweak or use the WoTW headmesh ever again. This was literally done with the female headmesh. On accident trying to do a female face. I added the facial hair as a joke.

See if you can sleep without nightmares tonight.

Amanda wants you. :)

NSFYS - Not Safe For Your Sanity

(You've been warned)

VCre8xVo.jpg

8H1JDMay.jpg

gzF8P21K.jpg

RNApvO2y.jpg

This is the same preset with different skin tone and random face generator and trying to lose the man face....

Z2ZXL0MJ.jpg

giyYkaCS.jpg

6Uz12dYz.jpg

Never will I ever ever ever again tweak or use the WoTW headmesh ever again. This was literally done with the female headmesh. On accident trying to do a female face. I added the facial hair as a joke.

See if you can sleep without nightmares tonight.

LOL

On a sidenote. What outfit/bikini is that and where can I get it :o

I enjoy using FCO but I am only given the default New Vegas Hair list. How do you obtain more hairstyles for FCO?

Edit: Derp... I asked this very same question back when I was heavy into the game. I should really check do more research... My apologies.

This is my character Helena Valentine! <3

How did you get a face so realistic looking in Fallout?

It's fairly easy with various mods like Fallout Character Overhaul (FCO) or Women of the Wasteland over at the nexus

I decided to redo my character. I'm using FCO. My method is to keep pressing the random button under something decent comes up and then I change it. It's funny how you can't make any of these facing with using just the sliders. Using the random option results in faces that seem to go beyond the sliders and change parts of the face that the sliders can't change at all.

Just gonna put these up here as I can't really find anyplace else to put 'em, but I really wanted to show her new textures.

But she's in all her glory, in other words nekkid, so don't open if you shouldn't be on this site anyway.

I didn't make these textures myself, but combined 3 existing ones in PhotoShop and are pretty easy to make yourself if you're interested.

TuuTB1A.jpg

jjrllg0.jpg

XH6d5gH.jpg

2wYIjXe.jpg

jqW3ExP.jpg

To make these I started with some body/face textures available on the Nexus, mainly from the bouncing body mod from Thuamx. I added the dirt and make-up textures from zzjay's body mod to them.

Finally I copied those onto Kendo2's textures available here and overwrote 'em at 60% fill. Also used his normal maps. And that's it. Turned out alright, I thought :shy:

Edit: Oh yeah, Type6M body.

Just gonna put these up here as I can't really find anyplace else to put 'em, but I really wanted to show her new textures.

But she's in all her glory, in other words nekkid, so don't open if you shouldn't be on this site anyway.

I didn't make these textures myself, but combined 3 existing ones in PhotoShop and are pretty easy to make yourself if you're interested.

TuuTB1A.jpg

jjrllg0.jpg

XH6d5gH.jpg

2wYIjXe.jpg

jqW3ExP.jpg

To make these I started with some body/face textures available on the Nexus, mainly from the bouncing body mod from Thuamx. I added the dirt and make-up textures from zzjay's body mod to them.

Finally I copied those onto Kendo2's textures available here and overwrote 'em at 60% fill. Also used his normal maps. And that's it. Turned out alright, I thought :shy:

Edit: Oh yeah, Type6M body.

Whew!

I need a cigarette after looking at your spoiler pics.

Nice work.