Show us your character!

• 2 weeks later...

@maybe: Thanks mate. I think ill leave geck for now and get on with playing the game :D

Bunch of other pics. I finally was able to get zzjays hairs working on my game. One with new hairdoo. The pig tail one made me feel like a pedo.

2014-09-03_00011_zps4cf7448f.jpg

2014-09-03_00027_zps233771f8.jpg

2014-09-03_00032_zpsf85ebb01.jpg

2014-09-03_00023_zps70b4b3f7.jpg

2014-09-03_00021_zps0274768d.jpg

2014-09-03_00022_zpsea830f17.jpg

T6m, Nuskas races and zzjays hairshop mods. + bunch of clothings 

Curious, have you ever tried Face Aches? It's on both the FO3 and FNV side of the Nexus, and enables facial expressions using playidle commands. It is a world of difference in pic-taking. I was just thinking that your character looks great, but quite stern! Myself, I don't know what I'd do without it. Emotional range is what makes a good pic.

Cheers, and no I havent tried expressions. Thanks though, I'll try it out.

I tried making the character look less "angry" or stern but those damn eyebrows are so hard to get right. Either crazy eyes or massive forehead.

also @ 73K

There was some difficulty getting custom hairs (and eyes) to work but here's the steps I followed:

1) Load GECK

2) Load your ESM and ESP data. I selected a custom race as Active file and also picked Lings.ESM. (FalloutNV.ESM automatically loads)

3) In GECK main top menu bar, go to "Character" > "Hair". You should see a list of hair styles, vanilla and the ones loaded from your ESM (Lings in my case).

4) Go to "Object Window" > "Actor Data" > "Race"

5) Find your custom race and open the little card thing

6) Click on "Face Data". In Face Data you should see two menus "Eye Colours" and "Hair Styles".

7) From the main hair list in Step 3, drag and drop whichever hair styles you want into the "Hair Styles" sub menu in Step 6.

8) Press OK and you're done. 

9) Pick the new hairstyles for your character in the "Head Parts" tab of NPC Editor.

Guest endgameaddiction

It's not easy. tinkering in GECK's FaceGen is time consuming. She looks very natural, though. And I like the first image with the aviators on.

The custom hair and eyes don't match up right with the head's skeleton, so the hair clips through the head, and the eyes end up behind the forehead. My screw up, most likely. I'll look into it when I have the time. I did finish my very first attempt at a vanilla preset. It's not very good, but at least I know how to use FaceGen now.

Guest endgameaddiction

You are talking about Moonshadow. That's normal. In game it will work fine.

Here is what you do.

1. Edit the headmesh under Face Advanced.

2. Click on Head Parts and check the box that says Full below.

3. When you see your character on the screen hit G key to remove the ground. This helps when zooming in to take a close look at your character. Here you will be able to see the Moonshadow Character with the eyes and hair set correctly.

If you are having trouble zooming in close enough on the face, press your mouse wheel down and drag the character to the side and use the right or left mouse button (held down) to turn the character. Repeat that until you can get a close view of your choice.

Warning with Mooshadow Headmesh. It looks super fat and funny with certain hairstyles. Depending what hair you want to use you'll have to tweak the face enough to get it to look right.

Repeat step 1 and 2. This time you won't have to zoom in again because it will remember where the characters position.

So it's not a screw up. It's just the way it was created, but in game it works fine.