Show us your character!

• 2 weeks later...

Previously on

Les Miserables de la Wasteland

sbx0.png

It would be one of those days again. The same old days. It was just a matter of time now.

Time. A matter of time before the rushing, viscous red fluid of her damned salvation coursed through her bulging veins and delivered to her the unholy salve of her absolution and complete detachment from conscious thought.

se5.png

For what was conscious thought in times like these? A hindrance, a festering canker to be expunged; an unwelcome guest to be rudely shown the door. Like a long lost conscience lying dormant in the recesses of her mind - sluggish, confused, and completely unwelcome.

And it was in a wash of blue and red overwhelming light and sensation, a tripping dance of colours and sounds and emotions melding into one blurry vibrating, transparent, penetrating and overwhelming flurry of everythingness, that her mind had slipped away once again to the new delights of this promising drug, this balm that promised her an unending holiday of bliss and ecstasy thus unknown to the race of men and women, ignorant in their daily trifles with childish salves and unworthy surrogates. Jet, psycho, buff and meddy. These were their names - the false idols and harbingers of mediocrity and false lived hopes. 

se4.png

For there was only one true drug. And its name...

... was Soma.

7hag.png

She awoke in a bright, dark and light kissed field, saturated by the rays of an unforgiving sun. Where was she? What was this? What were these fingers she held up to her as she gazed upon her own hand? She could remember naught. Nothing from before. For there was nothing. Only blackness. And a reeling absence of memory, self, and soul.

There was nothing. Nothing before. 

38yw.png

There was only the harsh, unforgiving land.  And it occurred to her, that in this nothingness, besides the light and the bright, her blurred sight and an unpromising night, nothing was still, or immutable or indeed real. All was but dust, and air and cloud to her touch, fluid and flexible and formless, like some mound of clay to be molded at her hands, or an ether to be  randomly given form by the imaginative incongruousness of her mind...

gq08.png

Yes, she could be anything she wished here, in this holiday. Maybe a carefree raider, gazing freely into the dusk of day's twilight...

grl3.png

... seeing with her mind what her eyes couldn't see; that next Far Go caravan trailing the blaze with unknown wonders in tow.

Or maybe, maybe something else. Something more radical and rewarding. 

Bounties. She'd always wanted to be a bounty hunter, scurrying the wastes without such a heavy burden on her back.

0zp8.png

... firing freely at those who opposed her in a wonderfully pneumatic fashion, ending lives with the pull of a trigger....

pc5y.png

And yet even then, in those shoes and on that trigger, she knew. Things could never be the same. And then and there, she'd have to make a choice. The crossroads of her life, the paths of her decision.

9gz3.png

The brooding darkness that threatened to envelop her black armor and her carefree blonde and untamed locks, the way she'd always imagined it, but had never quite managed to get.

x4vj.png

A girl can be free, sure, but is she really free unless her hair is unburdened by the tongs and clasps of bands and pins? Loose did she envision it, a symbol of her imagined free will, soaked only by the silvery twine of a moon's embrace.

9xt1.png

She'd think it many days before she awoke again, beneath a bright midday sun, enjoying a fat carton of puks like it was nothing, and soaking the wasteland rays in dark combat armour, as you do.

kvsr.png

It wasn't long before her mind wandered beyond even those fantasies. To stranger places. Like walled fences surrounded by naught but stars and depravity at every side...

1q4.bmp

... or even, if her mind wanders too far, a creature of power and might, too powerful and beautiful to see the dawning light of the Mojave.

63if.png

... without also attracting it's wrath! No, far better to mold that ether into something less dramatic and less likely to get you killed.

xk1v.jpg

Like a top hat crazy hooker with miniguns for charm and an unkeen sense of righteousness for a moral guide, ammo belt in hand.

There were many things wrong with that sentence. But hooker? Why hooker? What has prompted her to say such a thing?

se1.png

Yes, the memories come in, one at a time.

se2.png

You cannot escape your past, no matter how deeply under the weight of better memories you decide to bury it under.

Bartender.

rza7.png

Freemartin.

kj96.png

Free spirit.

zcb9.png

Whore.

se6.png

It takes a while to get used to that notion. Whore? What even is that? No, she'd never subject herself to such a thing.

Surely it meant more.

qza6.png

More exploration, more exhortation, more consideration, even. But whore? No, this isn't even the right word.

1oha.png

Look at that midday beauty! It can't be! It shall never be!

se2.png

No! No! Dispel these images from thou memory! Why thoust thee recur? In the past these are, never here! Never in this holiday! Away with you, away!

gw5c.png

Yes, into the grey rainy horizons of a stormy tomorrow you go! Away from my sight, wary fiends! Into the storm that brews at the edges of her mind.

Yes... better, much better. Things are different now. Something's happening here, what it is isn't exactly clear. There's a man with a gun over there. 

9xn2.png

The gun feels heavy in her hands. Black. Ridged. Powerful. She likes it, far better than most things to grazer her gentle fingertips.

She imagines yielding it... 

o6al.png

... purging the streets from all the horrors and nightmares that cursed her life.

image.png

One cretin at a time...

se3.png

To paint a wonderful canvas of life with their blood, standing vigilant atop a high mountain, the pull of her trigger the last thing they'd never hear.

5o7k.png

But her balm is powerful, liberating, and fickle. It's volatile salvation washes ashore in waves that sunders all before it, as unpredictable as the weather and twice as unforgiving.

9r7w.png

In a burst of colours and noiseless sound she is elsewhere. Her body floats merrily within the cool embrace of the crystal liquid, her face eagerly kissed by a placid sun.

02gv.png

There was no more rage, no more pain, no more want for power. There was no need for it. Not in this place. Here violence is a virtue by its absence. There is only the warm embrace of the sun, the merry chirping of birds and ginger frolicking of fish in the rivers. 

mn0a.png

But here too the buildings lie abandoned, mere ghosts crumbling amidst the shifting sands of her wants and memories, desolate and best forgotten.

And like ruins, soon the twilight of her own journey begins to dawn upon her...

gz8e.png

... in all its majestic glory, for here too does the drug not disappoint. For what is a journey without a destination, or a tale without an end?

And when it comes, she is truly content.

Standing at the edge of the borderless expanse, only the starry blanket of the void sparkling above her, she waits...

lir9.png

... waits for the ferryman that will cross her Styx and deliver her from this hell.

rpno.png

This Wasteland.

Guest endgameaddiction

If I was on acid I would be tripping so hard right now. lol (no i don't do that stuff)

Excellent writing!

The past always dwells upon us. Never shall it free from our soul. Drugs is a substitue that stimulates our self conscience and memories, which leads us to try to forget. Forget the past? Forget the pain? Cover it up wih glazed sugar so that barrier is what we hide ourselves from.. Some (like someone I know) fall into these depths because life without their loved one anymore is as meaningless as it can be. Actually I know two like that. Really really sad. People often say that life goes on and sometimes we even critice those who fall into these substances by judging them without reading and understanding them from the inside. It takes a lot to put yourself into someone's shoes and accept what they do. He's a good guy nontheless.

"More than meets thee eye."

Though, there are many ways of understanding this, That's one way I see it I suppose.

^That's quite the post and story, lol

These are my PC's I used throughout the years.

At first, it was non other than good ol Master Chief, I never took off his armor throughout that play through and always used the console to put the suit and guns in my inventory for say, Dead Money where they take all your things away at first.

FalloutNV2011-10-1004-10-24-97.png

Second, I forgot her name, this was back like mid 2011.

FalloutNV2011-08-2301-23-29-87_zps162cc8

I then took a long break from Fallout because of Skyrim, it wasn't until recently that Installed Tale of Two Wastelands and began playing again, this time, her name is Rinoa, like my Skyrim character and she is also a Spartan from Halo lore, her military name is MCPO Rinoa-353 (Spartan 353).  I have a back story on how she ended up here in the Fallout world as well much like I have one for her in Skyrim.  This would explain why she is very good in combat and survival in general.   I know, I love Halo, lol

FalloutNV2014-02-2601-34-56-07_zps0b33c7

FalloutNV2014-02-2603-13-08-51_zpseecb4c

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-11-52-14_zps3728a3

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-17-19-71_zps4ae1d7

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-17-55-83_zpsfac204

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-19-18-05_zps423b02

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-20-23-76_zps3f4379

^That's quite the post and story, lol

These are my PC's I used throughout the years.

At first, it was non other than good ol Master Chief, I never took off his armor throughout that play through and always used the console to put the suit and guns in my inventory for say, Dead Money where they take all your things away at first.

FalloutNV2011-10-1004-10-24-97.png

Second, I forgot her name, this was back like mid 2011.

FalloutNV2011-08-2301-23-29-87_zps162cc8

I then took a long break from Fallout because of Skyrim, it wasn't until recently that Installed Tale of Two Wastelands and began playing again, this time, her name is Rinoa, like my Skyrim character and she is also a Spartan from Halo lore, her military name is MCPO Rinoa-353 (Spartan 353).  I have a back story on how she ended up here in the Fallout world as well much like I have one for her in Skyrim.  This would explain why she is very good in combat and survival in general.   I know, I love Halo, lol

FalloutNV2014-02-2601-34-56-07_zps0b33c7

FalloutNV2014-02-2603-13-08-51_zpseecb4c

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-11-52-14_zps3728a3

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-17-19-71_zps4ae1d7

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-17-55-83_zpsfac204

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-19-18-05_zps423b02

FalloutNV2014-02-2604-20-23-76_zps3f4379

Master Chick

Guest endgameaddiction

It's the headmesh from Moonshadow Race from FNV. I ported it over and did 4 of my own presest. Amy (in that image) was the orginal of my face tweaks from FNV before porting it over.

Edit: forgot to mention the textures used are from Moonshadow Doll Race.

MDZlAhN.jpg

Trinity, the prime example of the capabilities human beings hold. A diva in another life, Trinity was thrust into this war torn world full of uncandid dangers and boy did she adapt. Trinity is one of the few examples of what beauty radiation can cause, her race being formed as a result of the nuclear apocalypse, she is a rare species simply known as Moon Shadow which derives from regular humans, only about 100 other known Moon Shadow descendants still lurk the wastelands. Trinity never knew her parents, she grew up in a orphanage outside Southern Arizona, she was always singled out growing up for being so different, at last, at age 16, she took the first opportunity she could get to escape, Trinity had ran away and decided to head North, when she fell short on caps, she decided it was time to find a quick job to occupy her time, and potentially get her some food for the next few weeks. She heard about some upcoming courier jobs, so, she decided to take one, and well, we all know what happens from here. She decided that enough was enough, and it was time to ratify her behavior and lifestyle. She took up the idea of heavy firearms, and began looting, she made it her mission to become self sufficient in the Mojave, but, there were clear bumps in the road, she would have to have a strong heart to withstand all the dangers of the wasteland, it soon became clear, this was no childs play...

I updated Rinoa-353 with the Moon Shadow race mod and so far, I'm liking it, I was thinking about removing the tattoo on her forehead, but for now, I decided to keep it.  I will tinker with it some more and try to find the right textures if I decide to remove the tattoo on her forehead. I will also tinker with her face some more to try and match her Skyrim look more like on my sig :)

Thanks to those that suggested what mods I needed for the body skin textures that match the most with the face, there is little neck seam, but with the necklaces, it's not an issue.  Also I'm glad the hair style I'm using covers her ears, well, empty space where her ears are suppose to be at due to the mod having elf ears I'm not too big of a fan.

I was thinking about using the using a Ghost armor variant as some sort of under armor for the Spartan Mjonir armor she wears.  But looking at the live action commercials for Halo 4, I see the Spartans wearing typical undergarments.  You guys have any suggestions for role playing purposes?

post-239429-0-60018200-1394517312_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-29416700-1394517378_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-87453400-1394517484_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-55371800-1394517876_thumb.png

Here is a new character I made and started a playthrough with. His name is Finch. He's pretty short too. His eye was taken out when he was 17 years old when he ran into a pipe jutting out of a wall. Finch now spends his days trying to look tough, though he can't seem to grow a beard or any facial hair for that matter and he still looks like a baby to most people.

post-148316-0-37733700-1394532572_thumb.jpg

post-148316-0-62740500-1394532574_thumb.jpg

I edited this for now, I think I will go with this for the undergarment she wears underneath her armor. 

To: Catherine Elizabeth Halsey, MD, PhD, (Civilian Consultant 409871)

From: Admiral Margaret Orlenda Parangosky (UNSCMID 03669271)

Date:  May 13, 2551
Time: 13:27 Reach Military Time

Location:  ONI CASTLE Base, Menachite Mountain, Planet Reach, Epsilon Eridani System

******WARNING:  TIER 1 CLASSIFIED:  EYES ONLY:  UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PUNISHABLE BY LIFE IMPRISONMENT OR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT******

Dr, I have approved your request for further funding for the materials and chemicals needed for the new MK V Mjolnir Darkstalker under armor along with the production equipment needed to manufacture said undergarments.  I had to pull the wool between Lord Hood's eyes for this one, he was reluctant at first due to the cost of the Spartan II program so far.  At the meeting of High Command held at the UNSC Headquarters in Sydney, Australia, I presented the specifications of your proposed under armor for further protection for the Spartans.  Most admirals and ONI Spooks were supportive as the Spartans have long proven their worth to the defense of the human race.  You shall be receiving the first shipment in 2 weeks from now along with a shipment of the prototype ARC-920 rail gun being developed by Acheron Security for testing by your Spartans.

I look forward to the results as soon as you develop and test your new undergarment and the Mjolnir MK V armor with the reversed engineered protective Covenant shields.  Also, do hurry as we cannot afford to lose more colony worlds and you must meet the deadline by the time Operation: RED FLAG is to be commenced aboard the UNSC Pillar of Autumn.

That will be all, Parangosky out.

///End transmission.......

This is part of my fan lore I use when I use the under armor, lol.

For now, I tinkered with the Darkstalker equipment and put the UNSC logo and her Spartan number to identify her.  The under armor serves as further protection of the limbs and hold even broken arms and legs in place within the muscle fiber woven gloves and stockings for better battle performance.  They also have micro sensors to be used with medical equipment in the event of a major injury and also help the Mjolnir armor to monitor and regulate the temperature and such inside the armor.  The stocking and gloves also help with giving extra strength to the limbs in case the Spartan has to destroy their damaged armor and afford the same mental reaction times the armor itself has for Spartans to leap high, pick up twice their normal weight limit compared to being naked.  The special fibers and such used to create this also resist plasma weapons, affording further protection against Covenant (and now Fallout's) plasma weapons and they are also bullet proof for even the large 14.5 mm shells the SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle used by UNSC forces due to the unique feature of the fibers hardening when any such projectiles impact said area.  This under armor can only be used on legs and arms and to cover private areas as the Mjolnir provides protection to the other areas and the cost to produce this is almost half the cost of the Mjolnir armor itself, hence only being limited to the limbs and private body parts.  The Spartans also use this under armor in missions where stealth is mandatory and the path is too fragile for their heavy armor.  The fibers and micro sensors are also able to store information that is stored in the suit including storing an AI chip like Cortana's in case the Spartan has to abandon their armor and self destruct it due to severe damage to it and the secure data/AI can still be carried by the Spartan.  The same micro sensors have an emergency beacon to contact the UNSC High Command and ONI.

post-239429-0-09631400-1394534990_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-23585500-1394535035_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-61263000-1394535066_thumb.pngpost-239429-0-15529900-1394535101_thumb.png

It's the headmesh from Moonshadow Race from FNV. I ported it over and did 4 of my own presest. Amy (in that image) was the orginal of my face tweaks from FNV before porting it over.

Edit: forgot to mention the textures used are from Moonshadow Doll Race.

So what are the odds of you releasing those preset faces? 

Love the green haired face. :D