For a returning player, what's best now? Oldrim, SE or Anniversary?

As of 2021, what's the best version of the game for a returning player?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. As of 2021, what's the best version of the game for a returning player?

• Original Skyrim
    • Special Edition
    • Anniversary Edition

I think I will stick with Skyrim SE for now.  All the mods I've ever downloaded for SE (including USSEP for SE) are on a few backup drives anyway. And I did some work on converting a few LE mods for SE for myself, so I'm not eagar to let all that go.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Michele Magus said:

Memory leaks as in Skyrim LE stops working properly until one does a system reboot.

It corrupts memory not allocated to it.

This hasn't been a thing in eight years unless you use trash mods like legacy of the dragonborn.

Edited by 27X
On 12/7/2021 at 5:39 PM, penguintennis said:

I had a look at that, and at the nexus link for USSEP, and man... what is with the scorching arrogance and contempt the mod authors/moderators of USSEP seem to treat everyone with? They act like everyone who asks them a question is pure trash or something. It would cost them absolutely nothing to leave an old version of USSEP up on Nexus too, and they seem to refuse to even answer as to why they won't. Really seem like nasty people. 

I agree with everything you said here. It really was a nasty experience.I have to bite my tongue there though, as I host some mods on that site. But... I tried. It's brazen of whoever's doing it to host that USSEP, but I think it's a good thing. I for one won't tell?