[mod] LV Extras - Sex Alderson Disk, Combination Traits, Civics, & More

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SohCahToa changed the title to [mod] [On Hiatus] LV Extras, LV Patches, & LV Tweaks - Sex Alderson Disk, Combination Traits, Civics, Trait-Job Compatibility, & More

I’m flattered you guys are interested in my mod enough to comment on my whereabouts. My apologies, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve commented or indeed logged in on here. 

I would like to update for 3.5 at some point in the near-ish future. I see that LV hasn’t been updated yet as of 3.5 so it makes the most sense to me to wait and see what Lithia has in store for us. I heard there’s a significant update to traits coming that would change a lot within LV Patches. Unfortunately this means I’ll have to keep you folks waiting a little longer, sorry. 

Edited by SohCahToa
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

I have not had a chance to tinker with 3.5 yet but I’m aware that LV has been updated. Hopefully by Sunday I can get started on migrating LV Extras to 3.5 and get the basic stuff I like working. Possibly a simple update available by next weekend. 

Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Posted an update to 3.5.

I was running a little late since I hoped to get this out before the weekend was over. Due to that I didn't have a ton of time to test everything as much as I would have liked. Balance especially might be out of whack as I didn't have time to play through a whole game and quite a bit had to be changed to make sense with the latest Gigastructure changes. 

Any feedback is more than welcome and very much appreciated. 

18 hours ago, smannfrau said:

Thanks for the update, I have been missing this mod quite a bit.

Quick question. Is the +1000% resource output from jobs on the Alderson Sexopolis intended? It seems a bit... much. I dialed it down for my own game.

That’s intended. I know it seems nuts but that’s the equivalent modifier compared to the other Anderson segment types. In base Giga, each Anderson job is 10x the output of a normal one.  Instead of writing all new jobs I settled with the 1000% modifier. You’ll notice if you take the origin you don’t actually get to benefit from that bonus right away. There’s a blocker you have to remove 10 times and each time the costs goes up exponentially. It also takes 10 years each time. So it would take at minimum 100 years to get the Anderson to maximum output. And a million or more energy and consumer goods. Unlocking the first blocker might be a little too strong though as you can get 100% output after just 10

years. I will probably adjust that. 

If you build a fresh Anderson by yourself well then I think you’ve invested enough to make it ok. 

6 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

That’s intended. I know it seems nuts but that’s the equivalent modifier compared to the other Anderson segment types. In base Giga, each Anderson job is 10x the output of a normal one.  Instead of writing all new jobs I settled with the 1000% modifier. You’ll notice if you take the origin you don’t actually get to benefit from that bonus right away. There’s a blocker you have to remove 10 times and each time the costs goes up exponentially. It also takes 10 years each time. So it would take at minimum 100 years to get the Anderson to maximum output. And a million or more energy and consumer goods. Unlocking the first blocker might be a little too strong though as you can get 100% output after just 10

years. I will probably adjust that. 

If you build a fresh Anderson by yourself well then I think you’ve invested enough to make it ok. 

Hey, thanks for the reply. I never actually built the alderson disk in GE and was not aware of just how nuts it is. Makes sense to keep the modifier similar.

Anyways I appreciate the effort you put in.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update posted to address the balance question brought up by @smannfrau. It will now take a lot of research to be able to earn the 1000% modifier (The same technology you need to restore the ruined giga alderson in base gigastructure for consistency). I added 5 easier blockers to work towards in the early/mid game that will give a small buff and also unlock some more jobs. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I know there has been a Stellaris and LV update recently. Last I checked nothing major should be broken with LV Extras on this release. I plan on changing a few things to match LV as soon as possible but I have not had the chance to open Stellaris since my last post. I recommend you disable the birch world districts if you're going to try LV Extras on the latest patch since that has recently been overhauled by Gigastructures. 

Happy new year.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:12 PM, zhali said:

Did a little option thingy. Something I think should have been included from the start. xD
The option to turn off bovinification in the options edict.

It should work, but it's like, my first script edit instead of just changing a few numbers and such.

lvex_options.txt 1.5 kB · 1 download lvex_transformations.txt 102.78 kB · 2 downloads

Seems like this is in reference to 

I used to have some patches for that mod included here but they haven't been updated for a few versions which is why they're no longer downloadable. If I ever get around to fixing those I'll be sure to include your suggestion. 

Spoiler
7 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

Seems like this is in reference to 

I used to have some patches for that mod included here but they haven't been updated for a few versions which is why they're no longer downloadable. If I ever get around to fixing those I'll be sure to include your suggestion. 

Sorry, yeah it was. Didn't even realise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, Blight96 said:

Food districts doesn't seem to actually produce any food in the Sex Alderson origin start, they still have upkeep though.

Regular Alderson works just fine, so something is not right with the jobs from the  special districts.

Can’t now but I’ll take a look asap and update if I find a problem.