Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

Ok.

Hal, two different downloads will be required; one for 32bit users, one for 64bit. If I'm as clever as I like to think I am, I may be able to make fomm.exe a 32bit launcher (to preserve peoples existing shortcuts) that can launch the right real executable depending on what it finds. Problem: I'm never as clever as I believe I am.

I'll try it anyway though. :)

First I'll just spin up the 64bit standalone version and let interested parties try it out. Probably will be able to release that later today.

Ah looks as though it should be workable for both in the same executable as long as the target is 'any'. I'll have to look through the code and see if I can understand why TTW is causing it problems.

Edit: Project was set to x86 (32bit), not any. Rebuilt with any and it seems ok, testing a TTW install when it finishes downloading. I *should* be able to make TTW work fine on 32bit versions of windows as well, probably just the original FOMM code doing something stupid like trying to slurp the entire fomod file into memory.

I've got Win 7 64 and TTW, and I've been running things fine w/ your versions of FOMM, pride.  I think the only TTW 64-bit catch is for installing the FOMODs that can be created during the file creation process for TTW.  A manual install, and everything has been working find on my end.

FYI I sent the "other" FOMM author (NiveusEverto) a PM @ nexus informing him of what I've been up to and inviting him to play along if he so desires. Maybe he'll pop in.

/me summoned

Greetings everyone.

I've replied to prideslayer's PM on Nexus and decided to drop few lines here to bring some attention to my humble person =)

I don't see any problems for collaborating, except we have **slightly** diverged patches for original FOMM (for example mine version has fixed NexusMods integration when prideslayers's have integration completely wiped out)...

I'm open for discussion.

Welcome! I'm up for getting the integration working again, but I'd like to add in support for other sites as well, like this one, moddb, modsreloaded.. basically any of them. I don't want to tie it strictly to nexus.

As do I

I've already making some steps into spliting request/callback logic and site-dependant logic. I'm planning to release first (sketch) version of "Dynamic API" as I call it in a couple of days, right after updater (I got tired of Nexus' file upload micro management)

if anyone's taking feature requests.. the 1 thing I liked about NMM was the "no to mod" option so my replacers didn't get overwritten constantly.. however I wasn't a fan of the implementation..

I'd prefer a lock mod option on the package manager where you can lock a mod so you get a warning "New mod" is attempting to overwrite files from "locked mod name". Would you like to allow this for: All files, Files of your choice, no files.

And if you're really ambitious.. if you do the "files of your choice option" a comparison list of assets in 2 side by side panels with asset info displayed (date size, etc).. kind of like a a spreadsheet view with applicable sorting functions, so if you just want nif's or textures.. etc then you can highlight your selections easily.

Anyway thanks all for your continued work.

if anyone's taking feature requests.. the 1 thing I liked about NMM was the "no to mod" option so my replacers didn't get overwritten constantly.. however I wasn't a fan of the implementation..

I'd prefer a lock mod option on the package manager where you can lock a mod so you get a warning "New mod" is attempting to overwrite files from "locked mod name". Would you like to allow this for: All files, Files of your choice, no files.

And if you're really ambitious.. if you do the "files of your choice option" a comparison list of assets in 2 side by side panels with asset info displayed (date size, etc).. kind of like a a spreadsheet view with applicable sorting functions, so if you just want nif's or textures.. etc then you can highlight your selections easily.

Anyway thanks all for your continued work.

This kind of feature will require a lot of work and rewriting.

But it is interesting feature;

blisst I entered your thoughts as two new tickets, one for the NMM way, one for a more advanced method with the locking. Anyone can do this for feature requests though I think you have to register on the gitlab to create issues. I'll ask Ashal if there's some way to allow anonymous issue submission with a captcha or something, I know most people don't want to register just to report a bug or request a feature. Iseue categorization would be nice too.

Before I add any 'advanced' features like that though, I'd like to get the classes refactored enough that adding support for new games isn't the confusing spaghetti PITA it is now -- it's not just about different games, it makes adding features to existing game management easier as well.

First though I'm going to see if I can get my head around whatever issue you 32bit users are having with the large mod installs. Since that 64bit/32bit test version, nobody has reported in if it's working with TTW for them or not, so I don't know if it solved the problem.

I can test it myself with a custom 32bit build. I just kinda thought people reporting the problem would be more willing to step up and report details and test fixes. :P

Here goes sad thing, that you cut off the Trace configuration ;)

AFAIK Fomm creates Cache (archive with only fomod directory) when mod is loaded into package manager, but still access full archive everytime mod is loaded.

I have this on my todo at later dates. I think I will be able to merge next week and we will be move in one stream.

That trace thing bugged me to no end, to be honest. There is/was no reason to have it as a separate build + define rather than just an option that can be turned on/off. In any case, testing now with a 32bit build on a 10G mod, will see if that does the trick. If not I'll try making fake esp's and esm's to fool the TTW installer into thinking I have all the DLC.