Tales Of Arise [PC] Mods

i love the way everyone seems to think mods should be free by default like sweet jesus if someone wants to make money from using their time and their skills let them. if you have a real problem with it make mods yourself. and if at the end of it, after you've learned the software and done a half decent job you feel like maybe that time could have been used making a little money then like them you are bloody well entitled to. getting so tired of the constant whining that you don't get everything for free, especially when zai and others are just time gated and for bloody pennies at that. change the record.

42 minutes ago, Dreadlightning said:

i love the way everyone seems to think mods should be free by default like sweet jesus if someone wants to make money from using their time and their skills let them. if you have a real problem with it make mods yourself. and if at the end of it, after you've learned the software and done a half decent job you feel like maybe that time could have been used making a little money then like them you are bloody well entitled to. getting so tired of the constant whining that you don't get everything for free, especially when zai and others are just time gated and for bloody pennies at that. change the record.

Do you remember this?
https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-has-removed-paid-mods-functionality-from-steam-workshop/
People don't want to pay for mods, this is the proof.

Fortunately, these Patreon folks make them free after a few days.

Edited by nr894h9n
14 minutes ago, nr894h9n said:

Do you remember this?
https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-has-removed-paid-mods-functionality-from-steam-workshop/
People don't want to pay for mods, this is the proof.

Fortunately, these Patreon folks make them free after a few days.

except people do, i do, many others do but it isn't about what people want, no one and i mean no one owes you their time, nor their effort, nor their skillset. if someone bakes a cake, they don't owe you a piece. if someone has a skillset, they are entitled to make money from it. I support many modders on many different games. they don't owe anyone anything, especially not entitled numpties. the modder i support most, its his living, its his work he deserves to get paid for it. if you create something you are entitled to charge for it. you can kick off all you want it means literally nothing other than you are entitled and a complete asshat if you don't want to pay for something move on and stop bitching.

Edited by Dreadlightning
2 minutes ago, Ser Licksalot said:

I was about to say this. no one in this community is owed anything. these are ordinary people who make these mods not businesses or anything like that. I can understand protest if someone is charging unreasonably and I have seen that before, people charging 80 dollars for mods. not saying that they can't but the protests against it would be understandable. zai charges like 5 bucks max I think and imo that is hardly worth protest, especially since he (she?) releases them for free after a week. people like him (her?) should be appreciated for not being insanely greedy and should not be rushed in whatever it is that they are making.

In fact is not a protest anymore. It's just a question of waiting some days, paid mods on Patreon are like early access DLCs, then free after a week.
Easy ?

Now is better to change argument otherwise the thread will be closed again ?

Can't wait for more Rinwell mods!

Please pay attention when one of your own gives you good advice. 

This thread is for discussing the game. It is not about the ethics of putting things behind paywalls. Should you feel that you must discuss that you should start a separate Thread under General Discussion.

As I said before, I take no joy in closing Threads but sometimes it's my job. Make life easier for all of us and stick to a discussion of the game.

10 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

Is there a download I'm missing? I do not see ~mods in my game directory. Do I just create the folder and put mods in there?

yes, if that still doesn't work this mod may replace a outfit you have yet to unlock within the game.

43 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

Is there a download I'm missing? I do not see ~mods in my game directory. Do I just create the folder and put mods in there?

Tales Of Arise > Arise > Content > Paks > ~mods (if you don't have one create it) > a (if you don't have one create it) > all of your mod files go here

Edited by Ser Licksalot
22 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

There is an a folder within ~mods folder?

No just create a folder and name it ~mods. Then put the mods in all you should see are .pak files,  just make sure your actually extracting the .rar or zip files first.  I suggest looking for a completed save file to make sure you do see the mods working for certain outfits or weapons.

Edited by Futa Lover
22 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

There is an a folder within ~mods folder?

There can be but its by no means necessary or even recommended... I keep my mods organized by character because I'm kind of OCD. Zai liked putting things in ~mods/a/ folder

You need to max out the ranch and do the quest for the ranch owner before you unlock farm outfits. Most of the non-DLC outfits are kind of involved to get. You also get cosmetic weapons too.

Edited by strayalive
1 hour ago, strayalive said:

There can be but its by no means necessary or even recommended... I keep my mods organized by character because I'm kind of OCD. Zai liked putting things in ~mods/a/ folder

You need to max out the ranch and do the quest for the ranch owner before you unlock farm outfits. Most of the non-DLC outfits are kind of involved to get. You also get cosmetic weapons too.

Ah OK I got the farmer outfits already and got all of the training ground outfits and the outfits you get for finding all of the hootles. I'm just waiting for Zai to release the full nude mods for all of the girls before I download them all at once.