• 1 month later...

I've had some problems with animations and following after guards. However, after removing Devious Devices nearly everything cleared up. :)

However, in Windhelm, I just cannot get the Bad End to trigger. Even with whipping and "no event" turned to 0%, I keep getting "nothing happens" after every time I sleep. 

I did have some fun with the impaling device just outside the cell after clip toggling out through the door and clicking on it. That gives the option for a scene with guards involving either my character or my companion. But that's about all for Windhelm.  No hanging scenes or "This is Sparta" scenes want to trigger. :(

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Edited by Darsie
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody use this mod with Jk's Skyrim? Is it compatible if I load it below.

Edit: Its compatible. I found incompatibility with True Directional Movement though. The player goes different direction than they suppose to go resulting the scene to never happen.

Edited by ZetsuboSeishin
5 hours ago, ZetsuboSeishin said:

Anybody use this mod with Jk's Skyrim? Is it compatible if I load it below.

I am using JK's Skyrim and this mod. I placed Bad Ends Windhelm almost at the bottom of the load order (below JK's Skyrim). I think the navmesh works fine that way in my case.

21 hours ago, Gudulba said:

I am using JK's Skyrim and this mod. I placed Bad Ends Windhelm almost at the bottom of the load order (below JK's Skyrim). I think the navmesh works fine that way in my case.

Yeah, I did that too and it worked but it doesn't work with TDM on for some reason, the autopathing makes my character go in a different direction.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 468826542 said:

HI I successfully installed the windhelm, but the even does not happend to me, if I setting the chance of whipping to 0 and windhelm to 100, the result is nothing heppend, though the "nothing happend" also 0.

You need to be arrested for a major crime.

• 3 months later...
2021 年 9 月 2 日凌晨 3:20,Pamatronic 表示:

非常有义务。

您绝对确定与相机角度存在相关性吗? 或者你是否安装了一些与物理原理相混淆的东西?

这些错误是我的疏忽,我会立即修复。

请参阅帖子#25。

我实际上并不是强迫第一人称,只是如果你使用大角色的话就会出现这种情况。 尝试改变视角或者直接去tfc。

Just using hanging, not any other method of execution

• 2 months later...

can i ask why it never happen in my game.. my char 's always released after a few days, those guards come to fuk her everyday but the real bad end never happen, same with the "bad  end solitude" i think, the chopblock and hanging never happen too, only the feast.... some ppl tell me that i must have a high bounty, my bounty 's even 10k, not high enough  lol?

5 hours ago, Triggs said:

can i ask why it never happen in my game.. my char 's always released after a few days, those guards come to fuk her everyday but the real bad end never happen, same with the "bad  end solitude" i think, the chopblock and hanging never happen too, only the feast.... some ppl tell me that i must have a high bounty, my bounty 's even 10k, not high enough  lol?

Difficult to say without further information. Do you have it installed properly? Do you have the esp enabled? Do you have the Events registered in the MCM?

On 12/4/2023 at 5:46 AM, Pamatronic said:

Difficult to say without further information. Do you have it installed properly? Do you have the esp enabled? Do you have the Events registered in the MCM?

i play the game with modpack 's installed already... it happened finally, i think it only happens if i go with follower, not go alone... but buggy too much, no matter i turn on or off the "fake decapite" in pama furniture, after the wooden plate opens my follower not die but turn into knockdown stance then stands up after some seconds then runs away ?_? my char 's same but she stuck forever after stands up...  O_o  About Solitude, i still dunno how to trigger any event other than the feast.. ?

14 hours ago, monet19 said:

20231205212333_1.jpg.4ef83be617822429db81b3bb7d2134e8.jpg20231205214540_1.jpg.a2a32fe71026c0fad78a056b298ef772.jpgThank you for the amazing mod, but for some reason, my character got stuck in the pose below and the game stuck there, no more progress, do you know anything I can do about this thank you

This issue has been caused by PA´s restrainthandler revamp from version 2.0 and onward. Has to be fixed on my end.

some quick workaround you can try in the meantime is wait until you get outside, open the console, select your character, and type:
"sendanimEvent pamaPA_OffsetTiedStandard". this should correct the animationstate. if that doesnt work you can try typing "sendanimevent idleforcedefaultstate" to completely reset it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 12:20 PM, leakim said:

First of all, thanks for the awesome content!

I am experiecing an issue related to the "gallows event" in Windhelm.

Essentially the problem is that the PC character never "enters" the gallows furniture, and the scene therefore breaks. Well, the character just stands around while the guards do their thing. :)

This issue occurs to me on a playthrough where I have clocked quite a few hours, so me really wanting it to work, I did some digging around:

• The issue does NOT occur from a new game. If I go to Windhelm directly from the Alternative Start cell, everything works.
  • The issue does NOT occur in my playthrough if I load a save BEFORE the first time I entered Windhelm (about 33% into my current playthrough).

Wondering about the above, I did some digging with the ReSaver tool and looked a bit at the source code of the plugin. As it turns out it appears the script "PaExWind_Gallowscript.psc" is getting stuck in an infinite loop in the "Initialize" function because the "dummy" world object is never loaded(?). At the very least the function call `dummy.is3dLoaded()` returns false consistently.

Function Initialize()
    if initialized
        return
    endIf
    rope.SetMotionType(2, true)
    sprung = false
    utility.wait(0.3)
    while !dummy.is3dLoaded()
        utility.wait(0.3) ;<--- RIGHT HERE
    EndWhile
    dummyX = dummy.GetPositionX()
    dummyY = dummy.GetPositionY()
    dummyZ = dummy.GetPositionZ()
    dummy.disable()
    ;Trapdoor.blockActivation(true)
    Self.BlockActivation(false)
    AttachedActor=none
    GotoState("standby")
    Initialized=true
EndFunction

This has the awkward side effect that these scripts have started to accumulate in my "active scripts" of my save file everytime I load into Windhelm. Essentially I have like 12 of these active scripts all stuck at the same place.

image.png.2c8d6b86f792ade4bdb13f77a522af96.png

Full disclosure: I do have Devious Devices installed, but I am not using any.

Got any idea what might be causing this issue, or if it is somehow possible to fix it manually?

I assume it is safe to just terminate these scripts with ReSaver in order to "fix" my latest save?

So I had this issue occurring to me again. I started by fixing it in the way @ttpt described by simply removing the mod and clean saving using resaver. However, not being satified with this, I ended taking a closer look at the code and I have now found the cause of the problem.

Essentially, I believe theres two potential situations that can occur that might cause a problem (it's really only the second that is occurring in my case):

1. If somehow, two events occur simultaneously the Initialize function is called twice at the same time. This can cause one of the two "threads" to get stuck in the while loop because the "dummy" is disabled by the first thread that gets a chance to exit the while loop. When the "dummy" is enabled again, the "thread" stuck in the while loop will continue it's execution and reset properties/variables and cause all kinds of problems.
  2. On "cell reset", I believe that disabled objects are in fact not re-enabled. This causes the Initialize function to get stuck in the while loop when you enter Windhelm after cell reset because the "dummy" object is in the disabled state and there is no logic that enables it.

I made the following changes to the code:

Function Initialize()
	if initialized
		return
	endIf

sprung = false

dummy.enable() ; <-- Needed to handle cell resets! The default state of the object is enabled, but this is not changed on cell reset (probably!?)
	utility.wait(0.3)
	while (!dummy.is3dLoaded() && !initialized) ; <-- More safety for handling cases where this script is being called simultaneously (two events at roughly same time)
		utility.wait(0.3)
	EndWhile

if initialized ; <-- shortcircuit if called simultaneously
		return
	endif

dummy.disable()
	AttachedActor=none
	GotoState("standby")
	Initialized=true
EndFunction

I then found a save where the Windhelm cell had been reset where I know if I entered it with the previous version of the script it would cause these script threads to start accumulating. I compiled my changes in the creation kit and entered the cell, and the problem is now gone and the execution scene works correctly when triggered manually using the chain. 

I've attached the source and the compiled script. @Pamatronic

EDIT: Fixed a small logical fallacy in the script above related handling the situation where "Initialize" is called simultaneously. Probably does not make a difference from previous version, given that the situation is exceptionally unlikely to actually happen. (attached files also updated 27-12-2023, 19:45 UTC)

PaExWind_Gallowscript.pex PaExWind_Gallowscript.psc

Edited by leakim
2 hours ago, leakim said:

So I had this issue occurring to me again. I started by fixing it in the way @ttpt described by simply removing the mod and clean saving using resaver. However, not being satified with this, I ended taking a closer look at the code and I have now found the cause of the problem.

Essentially, I believe theres two potential situations that can occur that might cause a problem (it's really only the second that is occurring in my case):

1. If somehow, two events occur simultaneously the Initialize function is called twice at the same time. This can cause one of the two "threads" to get stuck in the while loop because the "dummy" is disabled by the first thread that gets a chance to exit the while loop. When the "dummy" is enabled again, the "thread" stuck in the while loop will continue it's execution and reset properties/variables and cause all kinds of problems.
  2. On "cell reset", I believe that disabled objects are in fact not re-enabled. This causes the Initialize function to get stuck in the while loop when you enter Windhelm after cell reset because the "dummy" object is in the disabled state and there is no logic that enables it.

Function Initialize()
	if initialized
		return
	endIf

sprung = false

dummy.enable() ; <-- Needed to handle cell resets! The default state of the object is enabled, but this is not changed on cell reset (probably!?)
	utility.wait(0.3)
	while (!dummy.is3dLoaded() || initialized) ; <-- More safety for handling cases where this script is being called simultaneously (two events at roughly same time)
		utility.wait(0.3)
	EndWhile

return
	endif

dummy.disable()
	AttachedActor=none
	GotoState("standby")
	Initialized=true
EndFunction

I then found a save where the Windhelm cell had been reset where I know if I entered it with the previous version of the script it would cause these script threads to start accumulating. I compiled my changes in the creation kit and entered the cell, and the problem is now gone and the execution scene works correctly when triggered manually using the chain. 

PaExWind_Gallowscript.psc 16.9 kB · 0 downloads PaExWind_Gallowscript.pex 14.43 kB · 0 downloads

Hah, not something I ever expected to see, I'd given up on the windheld add on for my purposes, but I always did like it when it worked.

I had also suspected the "cell reset" to be related, but since in vanilla settings it usually takes about 30 days of not visiting a city for it to reset at all, I imagine that's why this wasn't a more common problem, I've fiddled with cell respawn timing on my game to something like 3 or 10 days, I forget, but it was always a nagging possibility in the back of my mind.

In any case, I'm always up for re adding this mod to my modlist so I'll do that right way with your script and see how it turns out.

Edited by ttpt
6 hours ago, ttpt said:

Hah, not something I ever expected to see, I'd given up on the windheld add on for my purposes, but I always did like it when it worked.

I had also suspected the "cell reset" to be related, but since in vanilla settings it usually takes about 30 days of not visiting a city for it to reset at all, I imagine that's why this wasn't a more common problem, I've fiddled with cell respawn timing on my game to something like 3 or 10 days, I forget, but it was always a nagging possibility in the back of my mind.

In any case, I'm always up for re adding this mod to my modlist so I'll do that right way with your script and see how it turns out.

Just a small heads up. I made a small update to the script I posted above. Practically it probably does not make a difference, but I found a logical fallacy in the script I posted. Apparently I was a bit too fast to post it. But again, probably does not make a difference given it only relates to handling the situation where "Initialize" would be called simultaneously, which I believe is incredibly unlikely, maybe even impossible. But who knows, having having many hundres of mods installed can often cause weird behavior. :D

Anyway, 

while (!dummy.is3dLoaded() || initialized)

Should obviously have been:

while (!dummy.is3dLoaded() && !initialized)

Oops!

On 12/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, leakim said:

Function Initialize()
	if initialized
		return
	endIf

sprung = false

utility.wait(0.3)
	while (!dummy.is3dLoaded() && !initialized) ; <-- More safety for handling cases where this script is being called simultaneously (two events at roughly same time)
		utility.wait(0.3)
	EndWhile

return
	endif

dummy.disable()
	AttachedActor=none
	GotoState("standby")
	Initialized=true
EndFunction

EDIT: Fixed a small logical fallacy in the script above related handling the situation where "Initialize" is called simultaneously. Probably does not make a difference from previous version, given that the situation is exceptionally unlikely to actually happen. (attached files also updated 27-12-2023, 19:45 UTC)

PaExWind_Gallowscript.pex 14.45 kB · 5 downloads PaExWind_Gallowscript.psc 16.9 kB · 3 downloads

well, that certainly came unexpected....
Bit embarrassing for me to have my shit fixed by others, but oh well. Very much appreciated buddy.

Uploaded a new version which incorporates the changes. Hope that's ok with you.

16 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

well, that certainly came unexpected....
Bit embarrassing for me to have my shit fixed by others, but oh well. Very much appreciated buddy.

Uploaded a new version which incorporates the changes. Hope that's ok with you.

Would it be ok to update this in game? I just started a fresh game. No prison or bounty anything yet.