Good evening!

So I'm hoping to have a v2.0 Beta this week. 

I will be changing a few base mechanics since there's been some significant updates to Sex Attributes.  I'm also going to be adding some hard-ish requirements for animation packs. 

I've decided each Splinter will have its own quest line, so I will release as I finish.  So that's 8 new quests, with actual markers and stories.

In addition, I have two other quests I am working on, but some of the functionality was added in Sex Attributes, so I am trying to leverage that instead of writing the same thing again.

The Deep Ones will be my first major quest, and that requires a new exterior area, and interior areas.  I am very much a fan of Lovecraft. It will be set in Far Harbor so that will be a hard dependency.

Another quest I am working one, Beastess/Beast Master, will require both Far Harbor and Nuka World.  

I'll be more diligent in updating the thread so you all know where I am.  I will be supporting a few other mods with integration, more to come on that.

❤️

image.thumb.png.85d43fbc4026b2509639ac030c769961.png

Evening Lovelies, been modding, testing, repeating, today.    I was experimenting with the idea of skin tone over time.  For instance, if your character is light skinned, over a certain amount of time, it should start to darken from the constant exposure to sun and radiation. Not sure if a mod like this exists, but I'd be interested in using it if someone has a lead on one.

I am implementing an "override function" for other mods.  This is an opt in thing.  For instance, I may override the animations that a certain mod uses, or if you are overwhelmed by a certain "malady" the mod would make you submit to a certain situation (not in the vanilla game, only in other mods)  for instance, if you are a nympho for a certain race (yes that's a malady I am adding) you might just surrender for the fun of it all.  We are discussing sanity.  Sex Attributes has a message saying "You should submit" I'm thinking the mod gives you the option to just submit and be done with it.  :)

Bestial aspects.  I'm trying to stay druidic/witchy on the approach to introducing beast interactions in the game.  I don't want it to be tasteless.  I'd like to know if people think I have should have a toggle to turn this off?  Nothing disgusting, such as piss and such.  Excess within control.

So here is the state of 2.0:

-- Reworked all the utility quests and moved some things about. 

-- Books have been moved and updated. (A "Skip Chapter One" cheat will be provided to simply obtain all the books without going looking for them.  The location, however, is significant to the overall storyline.

-- The Splinter Perks are now completely reworked, so when 2.0 is installed, you may lose them until you find the book or skip chapter one.  The powers bestowed have been leveled.

-- All decay and regen rates for the Sanity based actor values have been adjusted, because you are going mad entirely too soon, and what's the fun of that?

-- I am leveraging the new TSex (as I mentioned) so you might want to test it without my mod to see if it conflicts with other mods in your load.

-- Far Harbor and NukaWorld are hard requirements now, for a variety of reasons related to assets specific to those DLC

As you may have figured, I plan to release this in a series of chapters.  I apologize if dates are fuzzy.  Its a lot of work, but I love it!  Just work and the real world sometimes.  But, as always, I'm not giving up on making it brill.

Sthan ❤️

Bloody Creation Kit!

Erm.  I mean...

Good evening.

I have a bit more testing to do before I release the beta for 2.0.  Ran into some odd issues with MCM.  All the integrations are complete at this point.  I had to update a bit of my algos for Sex Attributes. Which was awesome!  I can remove some code I was working on in that area.  

*I suggest a new game for this mod update or a clean save.*  

-- WLD/FPE integration is complete.  Pregnancy now gives some buffs, or increased decay rates on negative Sanity aspects.

-- TSEX and Hardship are now integrated

-- Chapter One quest will now guide you to the book for clues.  I've also updated all books and added more.  

• Chapter One is "This is How the World Ends"
  • Chapter Two is "By the Pricking of My Thumb"

-- Added limits on the Actor Values because the math was getting silly.

-- Alignment, Depression, and Grief are properly implemented.  Your actions dictate these stats.

I am working on a release roadmap, now that I have the framework finished. :)

❤️

This is probably a super dumb question, but ive been trying for hours. I can't seem to get Sanity to show in my load order. I've followed the instructions, switched over to MO2 and reinstalled my mods. I see everything else, but I am not seeing this. It looks super interesting and I want to give it a shot, and seeing as 2.0 appears to be coming out soon looks like the right time to get on board. 

51 minutes ago, carhanz1017 said:

This is probably a super dumb question, but ive been trying for hours. I can't seem to get Sanity to show in my load order. I've followed the instructions, switched over to MO2 and reinstalled my mods. I see everything else, but I am not seeing this. It looks super interesting and I want to give it a shot, and seeing as 2.0 appears to be coming out soon looks like the right time to get on board. 

There are no dumb questions, don't you worry. Easiest fix would be this: did you look for SD_MainFramework? That would be the name to look for. And btw., does it appear in MCM ?

I am using NMM, no issues at all so far.

1 hour ago, carhanz1017 said:

Thank you! that did it, I just wasn't recognizing it. it does show up in MCM. I guess I'm just struggling with the clues, but thats okay. Atleast I know I'm set up right

You are welcome, happy to hear that did the trick ? have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using this on a current playthrough but not really noticing anything like whispers (I do have subtitles on). Is there something that triggers the mod to start? I could also just be missing something. 

Actually, I installed Family Planning and the Milk mod,, not I'm seeing the whispers. 

Edited by xenic
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 11:53 AM, Celedhring said:

I still use all of Flashy's RSE mods except for Brothels so pretty much the same stuff you're using.  I let AAF Violate handle combat defeat over RSE's combat system because it supports 3 and 4 somes which RSE only does one on one animations for it's combat defeat system. 

I used to run MCG, but it overlapped certain areas with two other mods so I took it out. 

Yeah, the AAF guide has recommendations for how to configure MCG so it doesn't conflict with the other mods. I think the only RSE mod MCG is compatible with is CSA. However, I don't think the Sanity Framework knows about the MCG systems that replace AAF Violate mod. 

• Magno Cum Gaudio (M.C.G.) (This mod conflicts with a lot of other typical AAF related mods. Be sure to deactivate some of its systems that do what others mods do. MCG Respawn System OR AAF Violate + RSEII_CSA + Combat Strip Lite. MCG NPC Initiative System OR Sex Harassment. MCG Wear & Tear System OR Sex Attributes and Sex Attributes HUD.)

Good evening, lovelies,

I am working on the mod still.  I fully intend to have a major release on or before Halloween.  This has been slow moving for a few reasons.  1) I am trying not to duplicate the work of other modders, so I must spend time seeing how it works by playing the game.  2) I took a short break for work and to play Saints Row :) 

I wanted to provide some updates for your consideration and comment:

-- All of the Sanity Actor Values have been calibrated to up and downtick properly and I will add MCM to allow high or lower modification values.

-- As I am incorporating Sex Attributes Trauma, I've adjusted my Trauma to be long term, as SA Trauma is short term.  SA will continue to be a hard requirement, because it makes good sense, and that mod adds a great deal of value to sanity. Long Term trauma will be harder to recover.  This Long Term Trauma may cause your character to flee, or submit uncontrollably.  

-- FPE/WLD integration is nearly complete.  Birthing humans and creatures will play into the story of your character.  And I am incorporating the addictions added in those mods.

-- I am implementing Phobias.  These will be initiated by encounters and outcomes.  I am persisting these between save games, which is to say, if you are repeatedly killed by Super Mutants, that fact will be stored outside the save.  Think of the film Edge of Tomorrow.  Reliving the same experience over and over, but retaining knowledge.

-- More stories have been written, and are currently being edited for lore and grammar.

I have been listening to all the ideas that everyone has posited.  Very decidicated to this mod, as you can imagine, but I'm a bit mental when it comes to perfection.

Have a lovely weekend!

Sthan ❤️

Photo102.png

Edited by Sthan Dust
On 9/30/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sthan Dust said:

Good evening, lovelies,

I am working on the mod still.  I fully intend to have a major release on or before Halloween.  This has been slow moving for a few reasons.  1) I am trying not to duplicate the work of other modders, so I must spend time seeing how it works by playing the game.  2) I took a short break for work and to play Saints Row :) 

I wanted to provide some updates for your consideration and comment:

-- All of the Sanity Actor Values have been calibrated to up and downtick properly and I will add MCM to allow high or lower modification values.

-- As I am incorporating Sex Attributes Trauma, I've adjusted my Trauma to be long term, as SA Trauma is short term.  SA will continue to be a hard requirement, because it makes good sense, and that mod adds a great deal of value to sanity. Long Term trauma will be harder to recover.  This Long Term Trauma may cause your character to flee, or submit uncontrollably.  

-- FPE/WLD integration is nearly complete.  Birthing humans and creatures will play into the story of your character.  And I am incorporating the addictions added in those mods.

-- I am implementing Phobias.  These will be initiated by encounters and outcomes.  I am persisting these between save games, which is to say, if you are repeatedly killed by Super Mutants, that fact will be stored outside the save.  Think of the film Edge of Tomorrow.  Reliving the same experience over and over, but retaining knowledge.

-- More stories have been written, and are currently being edited for lore and grammar.

I have been listening to all the ideas that everyone has posited.  Very decidicated to this mod, as you can imagine, but I'm a bit mental when it comes to perfection.

Have a lovely weekend!

Sthan ❤️

Photo102.png

Looking forward to it's release.  Will it be safe to update on a existing save game or start a new game?

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, Tortout4 said:

Not sure, I think the only mod what changes Concord (actually just adds buildings) is this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35513 + https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21527

Doesn't Sim Settlements 2 also change Concord extensively?

The NPC that guides you through most of the Sim Settlements 2 quests has his store right across from the museum. Not just by being present, but also with an altered interior and rooftop setup and several interaction scenes playing out outside the store.

Sim Settlements 2 also adds inhabitants and NPCs to most open buildings as you repopulate the Commonwealth by having more and bigger settlements, which includes Concord, even early on, there's several quests you're referred to whos quest givers are present in the open buildings.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:02 AM, Sthan Dust said:

❤️ Sthan

May want to modify the release page load order to say Sanity Framework should load before Sex Attributes.

Your mod seemed to be working for me (was getting notification by whos language it was obvious it came from Sanity Framework), but was not showing in MCM, until I read this thread where you mentioned it's better to load it before SF (while your release page says to load it after AAF, SF and MCM) and then it did show up in MCM.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening Lovelies:

Again apologies for the long silence.  I've been working on updating the mod and bracing for "Fallout 4 Anniversary Edition."  Many of the mods I've integrated with have been adding new functions I want to incorporate.  Fear not, I have in no manner abandoned this mod.  But I also need to learn from the past that the new update will most like break F4SE for a bit, as well as my dependant mods.

A couple of comments I should make.  After long deliberation, I have decided not to make this mod Sim Settlements compatible, for a very good reason. This mod is meant to be played as a story, not base building. Sim Settlements is a lovely mod, but the places I've chosen to hide books have meaning and are pertinent to the story.  Hence, moving them would break the story.  My suggestion would be to play my mod if you want to enhance the story.  My mod adds nothing to the settlement building aspect of the game.  Not even slightly.

I hope to have some firmer timelines by the holidays.  I am almost ready to release an alpha of version 2.0 for anyone wanting to test.  I am currently playing through on a clean save to see if my changes work well.  

I've added quite a few integrations, which I feel add to the story.  

Thank you all for your continued interest. I promise not to be much longer in my next release.  I know gamers are the most patient people in the world.  :)

?❤️?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, KevinDaldry said:

This mod looks charming but I'm wondering if this mod literally a 'framework' or containing any storylines?

It is both.  I intend to expand this.  I apologise, but I've been working on a proper story.  I want to bring this story beyond the game, into social media as well.  

@SthanDust on twitter and Youtube.  I really good story transcends platforms.

Sanity is a framework, regardless of stories. It is the framework by which we build our lives.

Thank you for following. ???

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

Assuming I'm understanding the two separate versions of this framework (2.0 and 2.00), this 2.0 version is the one I want if I'm not interested in tentacles and dairy, correct? Or, does this one also require them?

Hi there.

No you don't need to use the tentacles or WLD.  If the plugins aren't detected it won't fire.  You can also disable in the MCM if for some reason it gets confused.