For the five users that still think the Nexus is your buddy.

15 hours ago, InsolentTedium said:

Same, I have to hunt high and low for a lot of the Mods I want, have spent hours trawling for great but forgotten Mods. They say don't use old Mods, but what choice do we have if we want beyond boobs in our Game. I find the same issue with large "I will do everything for you" Mods, they get the most attention, but if you want something simpler and less intrusive, the hunt is well and truly on.

Yeah, took me quite a while to finally have my Modlist complete. And even now i might wanna look again for one or two questmods or something. Can't have enough of those

10 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

tl;dr:
NexusMods is making a Wabbajack-like system, called "collections", (depending how it goes, probably worse than it), and a small handful of mod authors have had a meltdown over the fact they cannot delete files arbitrarily anymore.

Yeah right, no blame for Nexus and their "Grab it all! It's free anyways."-mentality here LOL...

Edited by Mauserl
54 minutes ago, VeraDra said:

tl;dr:
NexusMods is making a Wabbajack-like system, called "collections", (depending how it goes, probably worse than it), and a small handful of mod authors have had a meltdown over the fact they cannot delete files arbitrarily anymore.

And also, some users here supported the move, as Collections will turn WJ popular when users notice it's limited to the Nexus, and they can't add mods by themselves without breaking it. This prompted a nice flame war, the kind of which I didn't took part on for many years. 

This Nexus dick move is just a reflection of parlour mod authors dick moves over other authors over many years. It is the culmination of a experiment on closed-source software gone wrong. 

The Nexus actually is under a regime of terror where a small clique of authors determines how other authors should make their mods. Also there is a artificial division between players and authors (like authors don't play the games they mod). Now things are getting upside-down and corporate power is stepping in. Some people speculated the Nexus is going to be bought by Microsoft. As of now, there is no replacer for the Nexus, as all the other sites are for niches (usually outfits and anime content), or have a bad user interface (modDB), which is a suitable situation for a already established monopoly to grab the platform and increase it's power further. 

This is just a summary of facts and don't express my opinion about the current drama. 

Edited by Wolfstorm321
1 hour ago, Gukahn said:

Welcome in the twilight zone? Take the blue pill to stay and the red pill to also stay but with cherry flavor

...But I thought the red pill was to prevent pregnancy. ?

29 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

This Nexus dick move is just a reflection of parlour mod authors dick moves over other authors over many years.

SO, it's a dick with-in a dick? Dicktroyshka? Dickception?

Edited by MonVert
50 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

This Nexus dick move is just a reflection of parlour mod authors dick moves over other authors over many years.

I take it this is a reference to another post complaining about some authors not letting other authors use there stuff as a guarentee?

2 hours ago, MonVert said:

SO, it's a dick with-in a dick? Dicktroyshka? Dickception?

Infinite dick recursion, causing a dick stack overflow.

P.S. correction - tail recursion doesn't have to use stack, so it's clearly dick head recursion.

Edited by phillout
17 minutes ago, phillout said:

Infinite dick recursion, causing a dick stack overflow.

P.S. correction - tail recursion doesn't have to use stack, so it's clearly dick head recursion.

The Great Dick Recursion of 2021

Has a nice ring to it.  ?

• Guest locked this topic